AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-21, 21:00   Link #221
GDB

While I enjoyed episode 3, I didn't like it as much as the previous two episodes. It had some pretty good character building, but something was missing. Perhaps it was the lack of imaginary ecchi. Next week looks promising, though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 21:06   Link #222
sikvod00

Ep. 3 was great! Subaru and Jiro make such a great couple. I really hope they end up confessing to one another by the end of this series (not necessarily have to be dating), and not leave it so implicit.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 21:37   Link #223
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This series continues to impress me =03. A some char development, some solid fanservice, and some great comedy.

Suzu's and Kureha's swimsuits were lovely as all hell! Particularly how Suzu's breast didn't bunch together like the typical big breasted women, and Kureha's style of swimsuit. That's good stuff =03. Kinda disappointed we can't see Konoe in one, but I guess that's for another day.

Konoe's and Jirou's relationship continues to be very endearing to watch. She's tough, but has just enough 'dere to avoid being too masculine. It's like she can be herself around him. They're already like a couple in my eyes =03. I hope he doesn't get too far into the 'protect' thing though; I don't want them to turn out like the Ryouko/Ryuushi motif(the name of this show escapes me, but the chars were based on fairy tales or something).

When Jirou got hit for the first time, I kinda jumped back a little. It looked like the wolf was hitting him HARD. It kinda made sense why he was punching him so hard when I found out it was Konoe's father, but man, that just seemed so gruesome D0=.

I gotta admit, I was surprised when Jirou jumped out of the window and told Suzu that he was taking her hostage. While part of me didn't see any possible romantic implications in grabbing her arm and dragging her along(at least only in this scene), I found the action itself very cute and romantic X03. In a sense, even though it hasn't been declared like Jirou and Konoe was, it gives an impression of him being her first friend as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
lol, Fujiwara Keiji is sooooo Ali al-Saachez here.
Lol, glad I wasn't the only one thinking that , particularly him saying the word 'brat' (in the translation), not to mention that seemingly crazy laugh of his as he's beating Jirou's ass.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 21:58   Link #224
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I can't make out if Kanade really is kidding about her liking Jirou. Well, she left it open for Jirou to think so that's pretty sly of her. As for Subaru, she pretty much taken by Jirou now to the point that she can get jealous. Pretty nice, looking forward to the next one.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 22:35   Link #225
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 22:46   Link #226
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
I wouldn't say that the deredere was too rushed, it's a pretty natural response to a person who nearly lost a close friend.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 22:46   Link #227
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Episode 2 sure was funny again
How they got through the health check-up, by measuring each other's breasts... I'm sure now even the last one thinks that Jiro and Konoe are a gay couple XD

His sister also was comedy gold... she see's Konoe dressed as a girl and comes to the conclusion that he's a guy in drag XD
Then she even falls in love with that "guy"... wonder what would happen if she found out it's a girl
Old 2011-07-21, 22:47   Link #228
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I wouldn't say that the deredere was too rushed, it's a pretty natural response to a person who nearly lost a close friend.
The deredere felt too rushed since the 2nd episode though. Becoming "close friends" too.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-07-21, 22:48   Link #229
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
The deredere felt too rushed since the 2nd episode though.
you mean, when Konoe first received the sheep?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 22:57   Link #230
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
you mean, when Konoe first received the sheep?
Don't remember. Probably just in general, like her reaction to him anytime she is not in her butler outfit. Well, that could just be a split personality.

(Database error...)

Old 2011-07-21, 23:23   Link #231
Johnny
Working the bags...

You'd think after all the times his mom and sister used him for their practice dummy he'd learn a thing or two other then how to get your ass kicked all the time. He reminded me of Rocky Balboa when he was fighting the kidnapper. Let them beat the crap out of me until they get tired...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 23:27   Link #232
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by serebe View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
I don't see how anyone would think she's telling a lie. She looked serious, and spoke in a serious tone, not to mention the music(I think).

I didn't pay much attention to it, but I guess a random girl drowning in the middle of a pool with absolutely no one IN the pool is quite far-fetched. I was guessing it was for the plot device to show Konoe seeing Jirou ignoring his phobia to help someone in need, but yeah, it was kind of ridiculous.

Hasn't it been stated that his phobia isn't as effective if he's used to being around someone for a while?

Konoe was very disoriented after seeing the knife(on a phone screen ). Shouldn't have been too hard to do anything to her in that state, less, knock her out.

I don't believe she got deredere too fast. In a sense, I agree with the split personality idea. She has two personae, as a butler, and as herself. I think her 'dere side is her normal self, but generally, because of her circumstance, she acts as the butler self.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 01:59   Link #233
EroKing

Episode 3

what was this blush? an offscreen mouth-to-mouth perhaps?
Old 2011-07-22, 03:08   Link #234
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

I didn't pay much attention to it, but I guess a random girl drowning in the middle of a pool with absolutely no one IN the pool is quite far-fetched. I was guessing it was for the plot device to show Konoe seeing Jirou ignoring his phobia to help someone in need, but yeah, it was kind of ridiculous.
I don't think it was for plot device because if you watch closely that scene, Jirou clearly didn't know that the one he was saving was a girl. Maybe this scene was just want to show some manly points for Jirou
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 03:31   Link #235
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 3

what was this blush? an offscreen mouth-to-mouth perhaps?
definately thats the only thing that makes sense.

I was hesistant to watch this ep since the first 2 was bloody awesome i thought it might start going down hill but it turned into another great ep the bit at the end with jiroxSubaru was great,i cant wait for that relationship to get serious...

Well it seem Subaru is gonna have the harem in this series which i dont mind that much since all men have a thing for girlxgirl, and its obvious shes gonna end up with jirou since shes not a lesbian...i hope, that would suck

and one more thing wat the hell is up with all this damn writing on the screen its in every ep!
Old 2011-07-22, 04:23   Link #236
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 03 NOT ENOUGH SKIN

Ah Kureha, you got conveniently censored by your brother's arm...

I find Kanade's adding of herself to Jirou's harem rather abrupt, but very much like that meddling side of hers. Now that she conveninently joined his harem, I'm starting to wonder what the other 2 girls' reason will be... if they even get to show up

But the pool... ah, should be something I would love, but not enough girls!!! For 3 eps we've seen the same girls, I need to see the others but when Jirou punched Subaru, I kinda laughed. How's that, serenade_beta? Surely this guy hitting the girl is a good start

Anyways, need to mention about Ali al Saachez Papa Konoe. Oh you psychotic father, I so knew this kidnapping was a sham, but if you're this radical, it's no wonder why your daughter is such a terrorizing tough girl

Though I'm surprised at the amount of screen time Kureha has been getting. I really thought she'd be that imouto we'd only see at home, but lately this girl has been skipping class stalking her brother, her attendance record is going to take a hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
... but something was missing.
I'll tell you what's missing: the other 2 girls (Narumi and the Twintail)

Watching the OP is so painful because the preview for ep 04 looks to have none of those 2 girls, ah I'm getting that Hyakka Ryoran feeling again when Naoe-chan showed up on the 5th episode...

Quote:
-The girl drowning was... forced. In the first place, where are the damn lifeguards?
I was so laughing at that. I thought where are the lifeguards? That pool needs to be shut down due to safety violations

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Konoe was very disoriented after seeing the knife(on a phone screen ).
I was wondering how does she deal with butter knives? Remember in ep 02, when Kanade was served her meal, Subaru wasn't there. Convenient ja, but she's there in the OP, which I'd assume a butter knife is present in the OP. Unless it really is restricted to weaponized blades, then maybe the kitchen isn't a restricted zone to her after all.

I'd like to mention that I find it amusing the iPhone has been getting a lot of product placement recently. Wait a minute... she dropped the phone and left it there lol.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 05:59   Link #237
Jenesay

Impressive character growth indeed! When I saw the first ep of Mayo Chiki, it was your sub par harem anime with a weak male lead, who on top of everything (nosebleeds c'mon, get rid of this damn cliché already) was afraid of women and got beaten up all the time, to someone who actually stood up for himself! I'm pleased and will continue to watch this with great expectations!
Jenesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 06:07   Link #238
Jerseykid

Subaru reminds me of that "ichika no ecchi" chick
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 08:30   Link #239
Midonin
Last Engage

[QUOTE=Jenesay;3699381]to someone who actually stood up for himself/QUOTE]
He fought Subaru to a draw in the first episode.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 09:11   Link #240
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm going to go with the MM comparison again; When Tarou was first on screen- I chalk him down to 'hopeless', it's only after the third episode when he face that punk where I elevate him to 'normal' status. Similarly, I've now elevated Jirou to 'normal' status after see him improve from the miserable first encounter. BUT! The big difference between the two is that Jirou seem to be improving his condition; at the very least there's one girl that he can, and will, touch. Whether or not this would continue to improve remains to be seen... I'm not expecting it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I can't make out if Kanade really is kidding about her liking Jirou. Well, she left it open for Jirou to think so that's pretty sly of her. As for Subaru, she pretty much taken by Jirou now to the point that she can get jealous. Pretty nice, looking forward to the next one.
Kanade is... Surprisingly human. I was afraid they would overplay that whole sadistic manipulative angle, but so far she's just manages to keep it acceptable and show that she does have some soft spots.

I don't think she's actually serious about liking Jirou... At least not to the extend like Subaru has...

...At least, not yet

Still, it was amusing to see her letting herself get kidnap by Jirou... WHAT WAS HE THINKING ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen