AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-08-10, 05:26   Link #5021
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Really? You can't even change the freaking wallpaper? Wow.
I actually found a way to work around this,

it's called 'oceanis', I got it a while back haha.
Old 2011-08-10, 05:54   Link #5022
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobodan View Post
Really? You can't even change the freaking wallpaper? Wow.
I was more disgusted by the initial idea they had that you couldn't open more then 3 programs at once.

How can something so stupid even get suggested.
Old 2011-08-10, 12:13   Link #5023
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I was more disgusted by the initial idea they had that you couldn't open more then 3 programs at once.

How can something so stupid even get suggested.
Yhep, but best of all some microsoft-made software was supposed to be exempted from that (thankfully) cut "feature" like Internet Explorer for example.
Old 2011-08-10, 14:41   Link #5024
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

BTW Dextro you still didn't get that thing in your signature to work, even in newer versions of IE?
Old 2011-08-11, 18:07   Link #5025
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
BTW Dextro you still didn't get that thing in your signature to work, even in newer versions of IE?
It works in IE except for some javascript also no IE6 support but IE7 and up should work. I've been working on a slight redesign to cut down load times, improve js performance and fix some bugs but time hasn't assisted me.
Old 2011-08-12, 10:39   Link #5026
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Is it true that Maaya Sakamoto had just married Suzumura Kenichi recently?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 20:17   Link #5027
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Is it true that Maaya Sakamoto had just married Suzumura Kenichi recently?
Yep. Source
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:15   Link #5028
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

What precisely does OP and ED stand for?

Obviously OP is used for OPening (I presume) but ED under this logic is EnDing, which seems wrong.

So do they stand for something different?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:56   Link #5029
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
What precisely does OP and ED stand for?

Obviously OP is used for OPening (I presume) but ED under this logic is EnDing, which seems wrong.

So do they stand for something different?
I don't think there's actual logic in it, but perhaps it's based on how you can break the syllables:

o-pe-ning and en-ding -> OP and ED, counting only the first two syllables.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 06:03   Link #5030
HasuMasu
*Artist

How exactly does the Nervous System work?
Old 2011-08-17, 07:13   Link #5031
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

There are nerve endings EVERYWHERRREEEE in your body.

Think of those nerve endings being connected ALLL to your brain, in some fashion, like a giant electrical circuit. When those nerve endings get electrically stimulated (by you touching things, or light entering your eyeballs, or basically any kind of stimuli) they send that electrical signal up to your brain, signalling what you just did! (e.g. pain, seeing, touching things) =D
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 07:31   Link #5032
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You could go with Khu's answer which is more or less the gist of it... or I could explain nerve conduction via axon myelination signal transduction of electrical impulses, an explanation that will give us both headaches. So go with Khu's answer.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 07:33   Link #5033
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Unless Detective-san is doing a project, I didn't think going into that kind of depth was necessary :P
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 07:38   Link #5034
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You could go with Khu's answer which is more or less the gist of it... or I could explain nerve conduction via axon myelination signal transduction of electrical impulses, an explanation that will give us both headaches. So go with Khu's answer.
Hmm, well yes, he summed it up much better than I could, but I more-or-less got the gist in 6th Grade.

Though I don't remember much.

Yeah, I am doing a project, I'm not good with terms and such, so if you could give the head ache inducing one, I am prepared.
Old 2011-08-17, 07:47   Link #5035
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The most concise but simplified explanation would be... well...

The nervous system transmits nerve impulses from the brain towards muscles/organs/other body parts (efferent pathways) and towards the brain from body parts (afferent pathways) through a combination of electrical impulses conducted along neurons and chemical signals between each neuron. Electrical signals are transmitted to or from the brain when the corresponding stimulus generates an action potential along the surface of the neurons, causing electrical energy to move along the body of the neuron towards the axon. When it reaches the end of the neuron, the electrical impulse causes the release of neurotransmitters that bridge the gap between individual neurons. These neurotransmitters stimulate the next neuron to generate another action potential and propagate the next electrical signal along the path until it reaches it's destination and causes the desired effect.
Old 2011-08-17, 08:08   Link #5036
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Science is srs bizzness, thanks for the answers.
Old 2011-08-18, 13:33   Link #5037
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The most concise but simplified explanation would be... well...

The nervous system transmits nerve impulses from the brain towards muscles/organs/other body parts (efferent pathways) and towards the brain from body parts (afferent pathways) through a combination of electrical impulses conducted along neurons and chemical signals between each neuron. Electrical signals are transmitted to or from the brain when the corresponding stimulus generates an action potential along the surface of the neurons, causing electrical energy to move along the body of the neuron towards the axon. When it reaches the end of the neuron, the electrical impulse causes the release of neurotransmitters that bridge the gap between individual neurons. These neurotransmitters stimulate the next neuron to generate another action potential and propagate the next electrical signal along the path until it reaches it's destination and causes the desired effect.
The remaining mystery is how a wad of neurons maps memories and stores them as well as how the interpretation of sensor data and memory data works. We have a very detailed understanding of *where* things happen... just not what the programming language is or how to program it. The brain is a very messy plumber's nightmare of computation that somehow gives rise to an emergent complexity we call "mind".
Old 2011-08-20, 09:03   Link #5038
HasuMasu
*Artist

If I were to sleep while sitting, what would be the danger of a Deep Vein Thrombosis?
Old 2011-08-20, 09:10   Link #5039
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

DVT is more an effect of prolonged immobility causing blood stasis on the great veins of your legs that cause blood to coagulate than a specific sleeping positions. Which is why DVT is infamous on prolonged flights due to prolonged immobility as opposed to sitting on a chair in your house or on your bed, because you have enough space to shift your legs around.
Old 2011-08-21, 02:40   Link #5040
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Does anyone know how to order this outside of Japan?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious