AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-15, 09:58   Link #101
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0raz0r View Post
I dont think so but it can be
I think there are only the Forerunner (Sentinels, Constructors & Monitors)
maybe new versions
Actually I think there might be a chance we'll see the Cov.

The MC shouldn't know the war is over and well I doubt some Cov won't jump at the chance of taking down the "Demon"

But still seems more unlikely that we'll fight agisnt them but maybe some sorta cameo role.

Either way as long as I'm the MC with Cortana speaking in my head and blasting holes outta god knows what then I'm fine with whatever
Old 2011-06-15, 11:51   Link #102
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Unreal Engine 3, you say? I heard that it will be using for the MechWarrior (Reboot) game developing by Piranha Games.

Speaking of Halo 4, will be mainly about the Forerunners in its storyline? Or should I say, the legacy of the Forerunners.

But hey, the rest of the Halo games were awesome, which are 2, 3, ODST and Reach. Let's hope that 343 Industries would retain the Bungie's workhorse awesomeness.
It's just speculation at this point, but what I initially heard after the first day of E3, was that 343 Industries were going to use the Unreal Engine 3. It's all hearsay at this point, I suppose. To be more specific, it may be the 3.5 Engine they'll be using, which is what Gears of War 3 will run on.

No idea what the story will be... again, people will just be speculating but that's all part of the fun, I think. My guess is, by August we'll know what Halo 4's central story will revolve around.

As for Bungie and 343, 343 actually contains a handful of Bungie's former employees, so I think it would be safe to assume that the heart and dedication will still be there.

Last edited by Tetra Vaal; 2011-06-15 at 12:31.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 12:26   Link #103
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Actually I think there might be a chance we'll see the Cov.

The MC shouldn't know the war is over and well I doubt some Cov won't jump at the chance of taking down the "Demon"

But still seems more unlikely that we'll fight agisnt them but maybe some sorta cameo role.

Either way as long as I'm the MC with Cortana speaking in my head and blasting holes outta god knows what then I'm fine with whatever
The covenant is gone though. MC should be aware of that as he was a part of it.

According to an Elite story, the Brutes have bogged down into a civil war amongst themselves, the prophets are all but gone, and the other races have gone their own separate path. In fact the Elite goes back to a human world he had glassed looking for redemption when he finds an injured human who was attacked by Jackals.

If anything, MC shouldn't be hostile to any of the races except maybe the Brutes and Jackals.

The only ones that would be ignorant of the fact would be the ones stuck in Onyx but that's why I'm curious to the new sequel that's suppose to come out
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 18:35   Link #104
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
If anything, MC shouldn't be hostile to any of the races except maybe the Brutes and Jackals.
Well to be fair, Chief didn't exactly have a stellar reaction to meeting the Arbiter

Though Chief's reaction to seeing more aliens at this point would probably be characterized as *cautious*.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 19:25   Link #105
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I loved the little script differences in Johnson's dialog when you choose the harder difficulties. =]

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 13:58   Link #106
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Mine would be Halo: CE > halo reach > Halo 3 > halo ODST > Halo wars > Halo 2.

On actual game-play reach was the best for me.

If they really are using unreal engine tech then its really going to look & play differently to all the previous outings but we'll have to wait to PAX before we get a glimpse of it.

I'd really like to see some of the other surviving spartans from the book make it into the new trilogy.
Mine would be: Halo CE>Halo 2> Halo Reach> Halo 3> Halo ODST>Halo Wars

Reach was much better than I expected granted the campaign could have been better but I did like it more than Halo 3 . I hated Halo Wars and ODST was better than expected but a little underwhelming.
Old 2011-07-09, 11:39   Link #107
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Looks like there will be some more info on the new 'Halo' trilogy at Comic Con in a few weeks here.
Old 2011-08-28, 13:31   Link #108
Tetra Vaal
Banned

I love Chief's new design. I totally agree with the creators about removing the "space diaper"-- looks less cartoonish and more grounded. The armor itself, specifically the shoulder pads look terrific.
Old 2011-08-28, 16:09   Link #109
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post

I love Chief's new design. I totally agree with the creators about removing the "space diaper"-- looks less cartoonish and more grounded. The armor itself, specifically the shoulder pads look terrific.
Not having ballistic protection for you crotch looks more grounded?

...ok. Fair point about the Mark VI sometimes looking a bit...odd with how that crotch/ass piece worked. OTOH, that more had to do with how the cod piece just this bulky armor piece that kind of hung around his hips unconnected to any other armored part of the suit.

Spoiler for cod piece comparison:

The issue isn't really the cod piece. It was when you tried taking away armor bulk from other parts of the body near that (inner thighs, waist) that you got the space diaper effect.

Though I think with Halo 4 version, they probably could have kept the crotch armored and still avoided the space diaper effect. Given how the waist and the inner thighs of the new suit are more armored.
Old 2011-08-28, 16:40   Link #110
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Diaper talk aside, we should have more options coloring our armors. :P

I would watch Halo 4 stuff on IGN, but their player is fuckin wack.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 16:54   Link #111
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Diaper talk aside, we should have more options coloring our armors. :P

I would watch Halo 4 stuff on IGN, but their player is fuckin wack.
Armor customization was pretty well received in Halo Reach. So I can't imagine on them not expanding the number of armor permutations and coloring options present. They should at least match what they had in Space Marine. (Blakstealth, you should love this).

I caught some of the Q&A session, and as expected, they were very careful to not reveal much Though they DID allude to making the player feel like the Chief was a more physically powerful character, something the announcement trailer did seem to emphasize. Maybe that could bring something interesting.

(though the quasi animated *concept* art trailer was interesting).

Allot of the shots of miniscule figures standing juxtaposed against colossal alien environments reminds me of allot of the concept art present in the Marathon series. This kind of the feeling IS one of the things that gave Halo CE it's original mood.
Old 2011-08-28, 17:30   Link #112
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Only skimmed through the customization vid, but yeah, that's the stuff. Is there a MP demo of Space Marines on PSN? Or is it just 360?

And that trailer was pretty interesting. 343 has recruited some pretty cool devs throughout this year, so I'm hoping they use their art to the fullest potential, which is looking pretty evident atm.
Old 2011-08-28, 18:08   Link #113
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Not having ballistic protection for you crotch looks more grounded?
There's a piece of black armor that protects that region. They actually talked about that in an interview recently. I'm sure I'm not speaking for everyone, but I'm just happy to see the space diaper gone. I have the same detest towards superheroes that look like they have underwear to go along with their tights (think Superman's red on blue or Batman's blue on gray)-- I hate those types of threads.

Anyway, the concept art looks really good so far and very spacious. I'm just hoping they have some futuristic cities thrown in there and not just all land/mountains.

EDIT: oh! And by the way, Chief's armor isn't finalized for 'Halo 4' yet. They actually announced today that they're currently on their fourth illustration, but they said the cod piece would definitely be gone.
Old 2011-08-28, 18:28   Link #114
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Link? Although I think I went over pretty well how that was something that really was an issue with the later versions of the Mark VI.

(OTOH, now we're going to be getting all sorts of other kind of jokes now)

The package is secure...
Old 2011-08-28, 18:31   Link #115
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I didn't even notice it being gone till I came in here. And nice bulge.

edit: The dream team right hurr

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-28, 18:48   Link #116
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Obviously, he stores those new pistol grenades in there.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 00:13   Link #117
Alchemist007
*Author

I have to admit, I didn't notice this shit until you people pointed it out.
Old 2011-08-29, 00:31   Link #118
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Link? Although I think I went over pretty well how that was something that really was an issue with the later versions of the Mark VI.

(OTOH, now we're going to be getting all sorts of other kind of jokes now)

The package is secure...
What would you like a link for? Hopefully I can get it to ya by tomorrow, but I give you my word that everything I've provided is accurate.

Anyway, looking at that bulging piece of his, it's safe to say he's having an extreme case of morning wood.

And with that, I think I've taken this a bit too far.
Old 2011-08-29, 05:46   Link #119
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
What would you like a link for? Hopefully I can get it to ya by tomorrow, but I give you my word that everything I've provided is accurate.
Just wanted to know where the interview was online, since it seems they were talking about character design.

One quote I've seen floating around that interested me, was 343 referring to wanting to sell Chief as a "800 pound Hero/Main Battle Tank/Fighter Jet" to the audience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post

edit: The dream team right hurr

Spoiler:
That's ALLOT of good talent right there.
Old 2011-08-29, 15:30   Link #120
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I've never heard of 343 before, but judging from how the graphics so far look better then Halo Reach. I don't have to worry about them messing up Halo 4 on that Would be nice to get more info about 343 (browsing) besides Halo 4 announcements.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117