AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-03, 00:57   Link #1061
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Seems kinda strange how Accelerator became such an awesome melee fighter immediately after getting handicapped.

But was he always that agile and stuff? He used to be one of those characters that can fight with his hands in his pockets due to his power... so it didn't seem necessary for him to train his body or anything. Now he fights a lot more wildly and hands-on which is weird considering his leg injury (and he gained touma-level durability)... though I guess he doesn't have much of a choice.

Can he still make plasma bombs anymore later in the novels?
He listened to Eye of the Tiger and started working out.
Old 2011-09-03, 01:17   Link #1062
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Seems kinda strange how Accelerator became such an awesome melee fighter immediately after getting handicapped.

But was he always that agile and stuff? He used to be one of those characters that can fight with his hands in his pockets due to his power... so it didn't seem necessary for him to train his body or anything. Now he fights a lot more wildly and hands-on which is weird considering his leg injury (and he gained touma-level durability)... though I guess he doesn't have much of a choice.

Can he still make plasma bombs anymore later in the novels?
He didn't gain Touma-level durability. Far from it. It's just that he wanted to save Last Order so much that he reacted purely on willpower alone. He was practically gasping for breath when Amata was beating the living daylights out of him.

He started to fight with a more hands-on approach primarily because of two reasons - He was chasing after an image of Touma as a hero and all Touma did was punch and punch... so he adopted that trademark of going up close and personal to punch their lights out like Touma.

And besides, with Vector Change, going up close and personal is dangerous for the enemy, not him. He's nigh untouchable as it is.

The other reason is probably because he's trying to invent new ways of using his powers. You might never know when you'd need the experience.

He does, in fact, attempt to make plasma against Amata (In the LN, I think) but Amata disrupts the calculations so he stopped once he figured out that 'channeling spells can be interrupted'.
Old 2011-09-03, 02:04   Link #1063
judasmartel
*Author

And not to mention with Accel having only half his previous calculation ability thanks to the Misaka Network, he may not be able to spam plasma bombs all day.

He realized after fighting Amata that he can no longer rely that much on his powers, so he took up Firearms training. He can still use his calculation abilities even without activating Vector Change, thus he has the potential to have 100% accuracy with firearms.

Granted, Accel's choker electrode lets him use his powers 15 minutes at a time since the day he was Brought Down To Normal, but he cranked it up to last for 30 minutes, and then by WW3, reduced power consumption by 90% so he can go esper mode MUCH longer.

And that's not all. With Accel gaining the potential to use magic without the usual side effects, it would be a sin to fight him now.
Old 2011-09-04, 15:20   Link #1064
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
reduced power consumption by 90% so he can go esper mode MUCH longer.
Reducing the consumption of something by 90% would mean that something last nearly 100 times more than it did before. That would mean that Accelerator can go into ESP mode... A full week without stopping or something?

I don't know from where that idea came from, but from what I remember reading on the novel absolutely nothing has been stated to even remotely hint that the Accelerator tweaked his electrode; the closest he "has done" is creating a power source from an electrical socket that allowed him to recharge himself (and that still implied absolutely no tweaking of the electrode at all.

In fact, during NT1 he is worried about electricity consumption from his electrode after a short chase; that easily means that the time duration of the electrode is not 30^9.

I always thought that Accelerator tweaking his electrode was a stupid concept, since it most likely requires him to take it off or turn it off in order to achieve that (hence, he has to do it while he is a vegetable).
Old 2011-09-04, 15:27   Link #1065
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

The 90% choker thing was a mistranslation -- go check Volume 20-21.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-09-04, 18:56   Link #1066
leukrota

Aside the mistranslation, 90% consumption reduction would mean 10 times the duration, not 100... just saying.
Old 2011-09-04, 19:00   Link #1067
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And that was fixed already on the Wiki.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-04, 20:27   Link #1068
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Reducing the consumption of something by 90% would mean that something last nearly 100 times more than it did before. That would mean that Accelerator can go into ESP mode... A full week without stopping or something?

I don't know from where that idea came from, but from what I remember reading on the novel absolutely nothing has been stated to even remotely hint that the Accelerator tweaked his electrode; the closest he "has done" is creating a power source from an electrical socket that allowed him to recharge himself (and that still implied absolutely no tweaking of the electrode at all.

In fact, during NT1 he is worried about electricity consumption from his electrode after a short chase; that easily means that the time duration of the electrode is not 30^9.

I always thought that Accelerator tweaking his electrode was a stupid concept, since it most likely requires him to take it off or turn it off in order to achieve that (hence, he has to do it while he is a vegetable).
Well, yeah, it was actually the GROUP technicians who cranked the electrode for it to last for 30 minutes instead of the normal 15.

And yeah, if 90% power consumption reduction increases the operating time 10 times, that would be 30 * 10 = 300 minutes = 5 hours!

Wow. But still, he can't activate Vector Change permanently. And I mean, seriously, if Accel can go Esper Mode for up to 5 hours, but with his Game Breaker ability, no normal guy could last 5 minutes or even 5 seconds against him.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:33   Link #1069
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Is there any chance of Index LN getting licensed in the future?( I'm sure this had been asked man times)
I am very pleased with BT but I would like to buy it so much.

Moonrunes edition is out of the question obviously. The cost of shipping is equal to the worth of 4-5 LN's and I can't read it so it's a bit pointless.
Old 2011-09-13, 19:02   Link #1070
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It is impossible. American licensing companies do not license novels which are as long as Index.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-13, 19:07   Link #1071
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Plus there isn't a market for it. Honestly, who the hell wants to be seen reading such literary masterpiece as Index? Sorry, I don't want to be a virgin forever.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-09-16, 07:46   Link #1072
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I've just finished watching all the Toaru Majutsu No Index anime and loved it.

Now I'm a huge Mikoto fan and started watching Toaru Kagaku No Railgun last night. XD

Anyway my question, in S1E18 "Replica", after their fight,Touma and the bested Unabara Mitsuki double talk.

Unabara asks Touma to protect Mikoto for him and she overhears what he says.

Do we know what he actually said? I don't recall the anime ever mentioning it, is it revealed in the Light Novel?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2011-09-16, 07:54   Link #1073
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post

Now I'm a huge Mikoto fan and started watching Toaru Kagaku No Railgun last night. XD

Anyway my question, in S1E18 "Replica", after their fight,Touma and the bested Unabara Mitsuki double talk.

Do we know what he actually said? I don't recall the anime ever mentioning it, is it revealed in the Light Novel?

Nope, the Light Novel never revealed the exact words that Touma said and left it up to our imaginations
Old 2011-09-16, 07:58   Link #1074
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

So indecisive!

D=

Well I gather that he must have said she meant something to him at least.

By what the Unabara double said regarding his answer being "the worst he could expect" and Mikoto's reaction.

Ha... Been a while since I've like a certain pairing so much before. XD

Old 2011-09-16, 14:04   Link #1075
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post

hahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 2011-09-16, 14:14   Link #1076
Drifting Wolf

I think someone just snapped.
Old 2011-09-16, 14:44   Link #1077
Miraluka
Banned

I see a dragon head coming out of I_am_kami body O_o!
Old 2011-09-16, 14:47   Link #1078
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Old 2011-09-16, 16:13   Link #1079
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

It's OK, mate, they have classes for that.

Old 2011-09-16, 16:20   Link #1080
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

I need to play the game thats from if that is indeed from a game.

A question though, I've been reading Index LNs and am starting New Testament. I was wondering if anyone with experience about releases could tell me how long it usually takes for a volume to release and be translated.

(side note, I read all the novels on an ereader and if anyone else got a cheap one that cant increase font on pdfs, I have almost all of them set up with 22 font so its readable. If any1 wants them send me a pm)

Tags
q&a