AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 16:22   Link #34481
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I'm not a fan of Lovecraft, so the references go over my head entirely.

I've only heard of the Yellow King, but have no idea what that is.
AX's story seems to be working more on the Lovecraftian mood rather than references; Tempy, on the other hand, is actually doing second-hand Lovecraft references by way of the eroge (and anime) Demonbane.

Page claim for Cassilda's song!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 17:00   Link #34482
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Now now. All references are also Lovecraftian, even if they are also mentioned in Demonbane. I will admit I took the express route by using Demonbane.

POSSIBLE PLOTS
  • Yuuno's thinking of taking an archaeological expedition to a certain Carcosa.
  • Strange sounds are heard in extradimensional sounds. Investigate?
  • Yuuno was gifted the cloak, as well as an amulet with a star-like symbol on it. What could this mean?
  • Cats.
  • Evert!
  • Dunwich wasn't the last.
Old 2011-09-26, 17:03   Link #34483
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

@Dezo: Quite right. Though I'm wondering...

Do you hear the voices too? So many voices... whispering...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 19:46   Link #34484
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Present-Vivio: Yes, but...I want to know now... *sniff*

Eh...I was sick, then got sicker somehow @_@. Probably because I haven't exactly been sleeping as much as I should have!

Just because I've been so out of it these last few weeks , I thought I'd give a crack-y bonus for people...this would take place in Chapter 6 of "Prerogative" if I end up using it in the chapter itself:

Spoiler for snippet / sneak peek / crack:

Files!Vivio: With the fourth dimension in consideration, both of us already got laid...yet it seems like we're waiting forever for it, huh?
ViCia!Vivio: Yeah, if our authors ever finish their next chapters...
Files!Vivio: Yeah, I hear ya, sister. Or me. Alternate Universe me.

Love ya, RB!
Wow, seriously juicy snippets, though the 'OMG' yelling seemed more Arisa than Suzuka.
Old 2011-09-26, 21:42   Link #34485
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Now now. All references are also Lovecraftian, even if they are also mentioned in Demonbane. I will admit I took the express route by using Demonbane.

POSSIBLE PLOTS
  • Yuuno was gifted the cloak, as well as an amulet with a star-like symbol on it. What could this mean?
  • Cats.
  • Evert!
Are you going to have a catfi- uh, battle of the books?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 22:40   Link #34486
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Spoiler for snippet / sneak peek / crack:
Oh how I laughed at this. That last line was priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post

POSSIBLE PLOTS
  • Cats.
  • Evert!
I was thinking Demonbane the second you mentioned Azif. I hope you develop this idea further. It looks promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Are you going to have a catfi- uh, battle of the books?
We could throw Reinforce in for good measure. Yuuno has a way with books... To some people at least.

Right now, I'm having a bit of an infestation. *fires his bolter into the distance, blowing one of many plot bunnies into a mess of confetti and text* So here's something that wouldn't leave me alone and has been making working on 'Aftermath' and 'Absence' absurdly difficult.

I may want to develop it further, if only to keep the bunnies from coming back.

Spoiler for Swords and Shields:
Old 2011-09-26, 23:28   Link #34487
Sunder the Gold

*swords and shields*

That was goooooooood.

And it has a good point. A shield is a hard, repelling force. If a shield could move ahead of a striking fist, it could serve as a concussion bludgeon.

However, one would think Zaphira would have already developed such a technique, considering his many years and limited options.

And still, perhaps the principle is already applied to Magical-Enhanced attacks? Perhaps a shield-smash is even wasteful compared to such technique?

Just because Yuuno has never been seen using a Melee attack-spell doesn't mean he doesn't know them, just that he's never had an opportunity where it was his best choice. He might have taught Nanoha how to use Flash Impact.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 00:16   Link #34488
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Nice. I wanted to read a fic starring Signum and Yuuno for some time now. No shipping necessary.

Last edited by Filraen; 2011-09-27 at 01:14.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 00:45   Link #34489
TheCuriousFan

Never mind, I'll simply go through the pages of the authors on page.

Last edited by TheCuriousFan; 2011-09-27 at 04:28.
TheCuriousFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 06:14   Link #34490
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

@Old Iron

I feel so bubbly inside when I read *Swords and Shields*. A certain Hignum might love this.

It's quite plausible for Yuuno to engage in melee combat with his shields, it's like this strange thought I had about Yuuno fighting like Bazett Fraga McRemitz from the Nasuverse, when he threw that barrier-punch unto Signum.

And I love the way Yuuno said to Signum:

Spoiler for Spoiler:

It smells like Yuuno/Signum shipping.

I can't picture a drooling Signum, it might be the strangest thing I might ever read in Fanfic. XD
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 06:40   Link #34491
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
*swords and shields*

That was goooooooood.

And it has a good point. A shield is a hard, repelling force. If a shield could move ahead of a striking fist, it could serve as a concussion bludgeon.

However, one would think Zaphira would have already developed such a technique, considering his many years and limited options.

And still, perhaps the principle is already applied to Magical-Enhanced attacks? Perhaps a shield-smash is even wasteful compared to such technique?

Just because Yuuno has never been seen using a Melee attack-spell doesn't mean he doesn't know them, just that he's never had an opportunity where it was his best choice. He might have taught Nanoha how to use Flash Impact.
Thank you.

I tried to reason in my head that Zafira wouldn't necessarily have needed to develop such a technique. He's already a Belkan style mage, which lends itself better to closer range combat to begin with and would likely already have melee augmentation spells rather than shield mods. He's also a natural bruiser.

In theory a magical shield bash would be more wasteful, which would be a reason why no one bothered to develop it and instead focused on more efficient magics that would be applied to magical melee attacks and binds. But since I'm going with the crippling overspecialized defensive Yuuno... If all he has is a shield, he's got to make that shield do more than it was supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
Nice. I wanted to read a fic starring Signum and Yuuno for some time now. No shipping necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coin View Post
And I love the way Yuuno said to Signum:

Spoiler for Spoiler:

It smells like Yuuno/Signum shipping.

I can't picture a drooling Signum, it might be the strangest thing I might ever read in Fanfic. XD
I hadn't considered shipping when I started, honestly, but I did at least want to have Yuuno find Signum to be very attractive in a way that wasn't demeaning to her. That's where the comparisons to a sword section came in. I could develop some romance between the two, but it would have to be done very carefully. I think that Yuuno/Signum would be one of the more, if not the most, difficult plausible romances to write.

Signum's a combat junkie to me. She's looking forward to getting her next fix.
Old 2011-09-27, 07:10   Link #34492
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

This is Nanoha, people. There is no such thing like shipping with male characters in this franchise.

For the record, I don't care much for shipping... probably I chose the wrong franchise to like reading fanfiction with the amounts of tease.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 07:21   Link #34493
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post

I was thinking Demonbane the second you mentioned Azif. I hope you develop this idea further. It looks promising.

We could throw Reinforce in for good measure. Yuuno has a way with books... To some people at least.

Right now, I'm having a bit of an infestation. *fires his bolter into the distance, blowing one of many plot bunnies into a mess of confetti and text* So here's something that wouldn't leave me alone and has been making working on 'Aftermath' and 'Absence' absurdly difficult.

Definitely interesting idea and good executing. And nice to see that peoples remember that big piece of metal (or mana ) could be use )and was used) as weapon. Tsundere Signum also cute.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 08:29   Link #34494
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
So, guys...

On the whole C2 thing, I was just wondering if anyone would like to scan through it and make sure I didn't miss anything. GaelicDragon got a lot of stuff before I did, and mostly I've just added Justin's one story and a few pieces of Shiny's work (though not all of it, since I can't remember exactly how much of it was posted here). I'd really appreciate it if anyone mentioned something they think I missed!

(I'm also thinking of leaving my stuff out of the C2... a lot of my writing here is for Shadowverse, and I don't think we need two communities filled with the same stuff. )
Old 2011-09-27, 08:59   Link #34495
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
(I'm also thinking of leaving my stuff out of the C2... a lot of my writing here is for Shadowverse, and I don't think we need two communities filled with the same stuff. )
Makes sense.

A note in either or both sections mentioning that some of the Shadowverse fics originated on this board would seem sufficient.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 10:46   Link #34496
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I'd really appreciate it if anyone mentioned something they think I missed!
*waves cheerily* Do I count?
Old 2011-09-27, 11:06   Link #34497
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

^Or me?

(Charlimit)

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 11:46   Link #34498
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post

The only problem I'm seeing here is that Yuuno is too polite at the beginning (probably because your writing on Signum), otherwise an excellent read. I have trouble trying to write Signum's speech and PoV, so your fic is quite a good reference. GJ!
Old 2011-09-27, 11:58   Link #34499
Justin_Brett

Probably just Signum rubbing off on him. I could see a lot of people being more formal around her.

And thanks for adding my story, RB.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2011-09-27 at 12:08.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 11:58   Link #34500
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
So, guys...

On the whole C2 thing, I was just wondering if anyone would like to scan through it and make sure I didn't miss anything. GaelicDragon got a lot of stuff before I did, and mostly I've just added Justin's one story and a few pieces of Shiny's work (though not all of it, since I can't remember exactly how much of it was posted here). I'd really appreciate it if anyone mentioned something they think I missed!
All two of my works are already in, so I'm fine. :V I'm not too versed on all the ASuki!Fanfiction anyway.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha