AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 01:31   Link #161
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Interesting. I'd watched this a few years back, then bought the DVD Box Set and re-watched it just in the last 2 weeks again. Different opinion this time around! I think Takayuki is not such a "nice" person with his inability to commit to one woman. Also I think Mitsuki was mistaken to throw herself at Takayuki right after the accident. He was very vulnerable and she took what she could. I think the ending might be where Haruka turns around and sees Takyuki after he just broke up finally with Mitsuki.
From what I read from forums and know from MAL site, "Next Season" is an alternative ending, its almost like an "what if" story, because this thread is only delicates to the original TV series.

I'll be watching "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien" in the next few days, yes I'm a slow starter and I've been spoiled so much, I'm not consider a virgin to this series anymore.
Old 2011-09-26, 06:53   Link #162
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Interesting. I'd watched this a few years back, then bought the DVD Box Set and re-watched it just in the last 2 weeks again. Different opinion this time around! I think Takayuki is not such a "nice" person with his inability to commit to one woman. Also I think Mitsuki was mistaken to throw herself at Takayuki right after the accident. He was very vulnerable and she took what she could. I think the ending might be where Haruka turns around and sees Takyuki after he just broke up finally with Mitsuki.
maybe i should re-watch it.. hmm i loved this series

and @ vanson, im surprised u havent watched this already!!
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 12:28   Link #163
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
maybe i should re-watch it.. hmm i loved this series

and @ vanson, im surprised u havent watched this already!!
Only officially gotten into romance this year, all thanks to "Ichigo 100%".
Old 2011-09-27, 13:44   Link #164
vrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Only officially gotten into romance this year, all thanks to "Ichigo 100%".
same here, ichigo was the one that started me watching romances.

i watched KgNE in a night, it keeps u glued to the screen.
Just be prepared to be sad/depressed..etc (possible emo-ing for a bit)
vrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 15:49   Link #165
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrz View Post
same here, ichigo was the one that started me watching romances.

i watched KgNE in a night, it keeps u glued to the screen.
Just be prepared to be sad/depressed..etc (possible emo-ing for a bit)
a rollercoaster of emotion...rumbling hearts, INDEED :P

one of the best seinen romances, period...have yet to watch a better one (minus clannad AS )
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 18:08   Link #166
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I have the DVDs and will watch it again one day... but now I don't think I want to rage and get pissed at the characters again.
Old 2011-09-27, 23:44   Link #167
ArrowSmith

I will watch it too in another few years. I think Takayuki is the one worth raging at the most. Selfish prick.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 00:09   Link #168
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
I will watch it too in another few years. I think Takayuki is the one worth raging at the most. Selfish prick.
I'm at my peak raging at Takayuki (episode 9 currently), I feel so bad for Mitsuki, she trying to work the relationship and this guy is taking her for granted...

EDIT: Just finished the show and every episode was enticing (drama and emotions), the story itself wasn't bad, everything was consistent and felt realistic (to an extend). At first I thought, I would've disliked Mitsuki at the beginning to the end, because she stealing her best friends boyfriend (trope), but I couldn't, instead I sympathize for Mitsuki, more so than Haruka after episode 3 and on. I can understand Mitsuki actions and feelings for Narumi, especially given the situation they're in. There only person closest at fault here would be Narumi indecisiveness and lack of initiative. At first I sympathsize for Haruka, but my emotions were switch to Mitsuki (stated above), but the longer I venture into the ending, I became more stoic to Haruka condition. Glad Narumi finally realize his feelings were stronger for Mitsuki, when she was gone. I've in my life, took friends and relationships for granted and karma bit me hard later, right in the tush.

If there was something I like to change or add to the series, it would be the closure. In the VN game, Mitsuki ends up having Narumi child (boy) and she was reading to him Haruka picture book

Don't bother with the OVA's, its a alternative ending, where the first time Haruka awaken, Narumi broke-off from Mitsuki and came back to her. The story is very stale and boring without the Mitsuki and the pain they all felt, would only recommend the OVA's to die hard Haruka fans.

Last edited by vansonbee; 2011-09-28 at 04:45.
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 21:10   Link #169
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
No, I can't blame him since he was put in a very tough spot. I was mad at him for not punching his friend though. I sure as hell would have.
Old 2012-05-15, 19:14   Link #170
-ThEoNe-

As a nurse I've read about, heard about, and seen very similar situations to these in real life. But never have i ever been so torn up on the inside from watching an ending like this in any anime so far. I can count on one hand from the many romance animes I've seen, where I have "emo'ed out" to the degree i did after this ending (the only other ending that comes to mind right away was the last OVA for Rurouni Kenshin, but I'm a guy so give me a break lol, Kenshin was my homeboy), but this one absolutely takes the cake.

I'm not really sure where to even start with the whole anime, but i think the thing that bothered me most (aside from Haruka's extremely unfortunate circumstances) was the fact that after giving the whole spill to Takiyuki about thanking Haruka for allowing all of them to become friends in the first place, Mitsuki still falls and eventually seeks out Takiyu for a deeper relationship while her "best friend" is in a coma.

This may seem biased coming from me since my first instinct is to rush to the patient (in this case Haruka), but a real friend (especially concerning best friend) would never take another's significant other b/c of some sort of incapacitating event. Sure, Haruka would probably still want Takiyuki to keep living his life. But for the very person that helped Haruka and Takiyuki hook up in the first place to take advantage of the situation is pretty narcissistic. Mitsuki threw herself on Takiyuki at one of his most emotionally vulnerable moments, and continued on from there.

The relationship between Takiyuki and Mitsuki does get some sympathy from me though. Takiyuki is so emotionally broken that he seriously has no idea what he wants, and makes Shinji's questionable statement concerning Takiyuki doing nothing but hurting people even more creditable. This causes him to respond pretty poorly in about every situation in the anime, but can you really blame a guy given everything he had happen to him? It may look like he was making progress, but everything to me seemed so forced on both Takiyuki's and Mitsuki's end concerning any real progression in their relationship. Mitsuki does put in the effort, but the guilt that she finds is also holding her back just like how Takiyuki's conflicting feelings for Haruka are holding him back. These two both gave me pretty conflicting emotions, since part of me wanted the relationship to resolve but at the same time give rise to a Haruka/Takiyuki pairing which seemed less and less likely as the anime progressed. I'm rather rambling here so im just going to stop.

Overall, the anime was great. Things like this happen every day, and in some cases are far worse then this. It takes a lot to tug at my heart strings like this one did, so many kudos there. NOW, someone give me a sad anime with a happy ending so i can get back on a high again please
-ThEoNe- is offline   Reply With Quote