3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-02, 16:56   Link #221
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Really? I can see that Kariya's line can easily swapped in other moment like in brink of *cough**cough*

dawn
Spoiler for ugh this is now spoilerish:

Last edited by Forsaken_Infinity; 2011-10-02 at 17:07.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:05   Link #222
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Really? I can see that Kariya's line can easily swapped in other moment like in brink of *cough**cough*

dawn
It's not really a "spoiler", though. It's not like it affects the plot in any significant fashion.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:05   Link #223
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Chibi rin, aka illya, chibi sakura? that's a win in my book, although the pacing is a little awkward considering this is 2 cour, it has a lot to setup. Not gonna lie teared up 3-4 times this episode, shows how good FSN is.
Spoiler for quote from the episode:

definitely a great episode
Hehe, I had exactly the same reaction, despite knowing what would happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Yeah, the whole thing with Sakura is just really sad. Particularly the bit at the end where Kariya promises to take her to see her family again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
This episode made me feel sorry for Kariya already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
Terrible old man, is there a need to throw Sakura into those insect pool. Nooooo
... and I should add enjoy watching his own son's suffering in order to save the daughter that the woman he loved discarded, but then again if not for Zoken/Tokiomi/Aoi... Kariya and Sakura wouldn't be so loveable characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A good first episode?! *head explodes*

But anyways, great. Very interesting.
I hope that the anime will allow people who have never played the game or watched the anime to keep up with it. (Though I have watched the anime)

Kiriya-san...

Weber-kun, kawaii yo, Weber-kun.
Still, Ichijou's voice... Great voice actor, so I have high hopes. And to top it off, the President's voice is in this anime too. Playing another crazy old man.
Waver-kun I always thought he was a she There go my hopes of H-doujinshi of Alexander showing his riding skills to his master... then again this can still work, there are several fujoshi circles, rivaling touhou in output
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:09   Link #224
Forsaken_Infinity

Guys, it's Kariya, not Kiriya >_>
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:14   Link #225
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Kiritsugu and Kariya are tongue-twisters when put in the same sentence.
Old 2011-10-02, 17:18   Link #226
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
She was just another generic throwaway damsel in distress in Stay/Night, who's only purpose was to be that odd dichotomy of being super competent yet reduced to another member of a harem that the ineffective every-day boy lead has to save through the power of really positive thinking against overwhelming odds. Yes, if it wasn't obvious, I thought Stay/Night was disposably generic, and while I can be entertained by such at times, I almost never find any entertainment in male harem shows.
Did you play to FSN or watch the anime ? Because from what you said, it doesn't seem the case at all.

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2011-10-02 at 19:11.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 18:51   Link #227
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just saw the first episode.

Is this the only episode consist of 45 minutes and the rest is 23 minutes?

Fate/Zero starts off intensely, it gives off dark erie feeling like "Tsukihime", even though I enjoy this type of theme, let hope there some lighter moments with Saber.

Bit reluctant to see Gilgamesh, he was full of hacks in the Sequel.

Was wondering if this show will be super serious and zero focus on comical/harem theme from the Sequel?

10/10 for the episode.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-10-03 at 01:35.
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 19:40   Link #228
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Was wondering if this show will be super serious and zero focus on comical/harem theme from the Sequel?
There's some comedy, mostly involving Waver and Irisviel. You already saw hints of that in the first episode, or at least I thought of these hints as comedy. For example, Waver indignantly storming out of the classroom before hitting his foot on a cart, or Irisviel staring in amazement at a printer.

Well, maybe not comedy, but sort of a lighter side of things. No harem though, because as you can see pretty much everyone's already married.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:17   Link #229
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As I'm sure you'll hear many times, the FSN anime adaptation was barely above average at best. Play the game to get the true experience (or even to just not be bored of it).
A big reason to play the game is to learn about all of the specifics that the anime left out. Not to mention Sakura's route which took epic to a new level of epicness.

Quote:
She didn't have a relic. She just had a jewel with a lot of mana stored inside it, and was hoping to have that give her Servant higher stats (as Zouken mentioned to Kariya in this episode, the Master's talent and personal stats will affect the Servant).
A relic was still involved in the summoning process. It's just that who had the relic and what the relic was turned out to be rather unique.
Old 2011-10-02, 20:36   Link #230
ykf566

Is there a reason why Kariya doesn't just kill off the old man? His entering the war which means
his set on killing other servants and masters if need be. Would have been much better killing the old man.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:39   Link #231
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Is there a reason why Kariya doesn't just kill off the old man? His entering the war which means
his set on killing other servants and masters if need be. Would have been much better killing the old man.
Because Zouken is a powerful and unique magi and Kariya is... not.
Old 2011-10-02, 20:50   Link #232
ykf566

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Because Zouken is a powerful and unique magi and Kariya is... not.
Could a stab through the chest not kill him? He could just order berserker to do it either.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:57   Link #233
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Could a stab through the chest not kill him? He could just order berserker to do it either.
There is no Fate/stay night spoiler-free answer here. I say keep your question in mind and if it's never addressed in this series (I didn't read Fate/Zero, so I genuinely don't know if it will) then feel free to send me a PM or ask in the appropriate thread. The prime solution is to play Fate/stay night. If you start now and play non-stop (I had like 36 hours of play time), you'll finish before the next episode airs, haha.
Old 2011-10-02, 21:25   Link #234
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Just saw the first episode.

Is this the only episode consist of 45 minutes and the rest is 23 minutes?

Fate/Zero starts off intensely, it gives off dark erie feeling like "Tsukihime", even though I enjoy this type of theme, let hope there some lighter moments with Saber.

Bit reluctant to see Gilgamesh, he was full of hacks in the Sequel.

Glad to see other historic figures being use as servants, especially "Alexander the Great" as Rider, he gives off a tough and warm aura like Santa Claus

10/10 for the episode.
Well since when was Fate stay night harem. And if that Deen anime of fate stay night made it look like that to some people, then that's another reason why I dislike the anime of FSN so much. Gilgamesh is pretty hacks but he got sort of screwed in the sequel. I've heard that he is much more hacks here though, because now there's a reason for him to be serious with other servants like Rider around.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 21:31   Link #235
alumnox

Quote:
K I'm officially confused.. can we answer this one or not ??

You can answer this one without giving any spoiler about Fate/Zero I think.
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 21:38   Link #236
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Basically, its very hard to give a straight answer without spoiling a lot, though I can say it wont spoil anything related to Fate Zero (atleast, wont spoil anything in the novels. Can't say anything about the new material they are adding obviously).

It should be sufficient to say however that Zouken didn't get to being the head of the Matou lineage by accident, he is very capable of defending himself.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 21:39   Link #237
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Great first episode but 45mins and poor Sakura why did that happen to her I hope that old jerk gets kill brutally
Old 2011-10-02, 21:41   Link #238
Caithsith

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnox View Post
K I'm officially confused.. can we answer this one or not ??

You can answer this one without giving any spoiler about Fate/Zero I think.
i don't know if zouken held a big role in F/Z, but he definitely is in F/SN. thus answering that question means spoiling F/SN story.
if you still insist on finding that answer, then take a hint from kariya - zouken conversation.
Caithsith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 21:48   Link #239
Clarste
Human

No, Zouken would not die just from being stabbed through the chest. Kariya called him a vampire for a reason.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 21:49   Link #240
Metalsnakezero
Trio Finale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Great first episode but 45mins and poor Sakura why did that happen to her I hope that old jerk gets kill brutally
I bet he'll get what he deserves pretty soon.
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic176117_1.gif

Last edited by Metalsnakezero; 2011-10-02 at 21:54. Reason: wrote a word twice.
Metalsnakezero is offline   Reply With Quote