AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-09-06, 18:00   Link #21
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So tempted to read spoilers...but I'll hold myself back for now. I'd rather just be given some insight on the scale of the battles and how the characters are handled for now. By that, I mean I'd just like to know various opinions on the work from people who have read it.

Oh, it would also be cool if a bunch of BT translators got together and started a project to translate the novels. It would have to be like...every active translator for it to work though lol.
Old 2011-09-06, 21:51   Link #22
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by akern1984 View Post
Wow great on translating on the first two novel volumes Allen.
Are Asama Tomo and Kimi really a yuri couple or is this just speculation?.
More than a speculation it's more like a wish that I have? lol

Sorry for this misunderstanding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
So tempted to read spoilers...but I'll hold myself back for now. I'd rather just be given some insight on the scale of the battles and how the characters are handled for now. By that, I mean I'd just like to know various opinions on the work from people who have read it.

Oh, it would also be cool if a bunch of BT translators got together and started a project to translate the novels. It would have to be like...every active translator for it to work though lol.
Let's see, the main characters, the ones that are the most important to the story (or in a specific volume) always have a decent (?) screentime and development. The bad thing is that because of the huge cast (each new volume has at least 20+ new characters), we will always have some characters that "dissapear" for a while and consequently don't have development. It's just that the scale is a "little" bigger than other series.

Even so I think that it does have a nice development in the bigger picture.

It's difficult to say how big is the scale of the battles, but if you want to have an idea:
Spoiler:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 11:58   Link #23
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The story of Horizon's abduction in the Part I reminds me of Rukia's abduction during Soul Society arc from Bleach.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 20:54   Link #24
Allen
メインヒロイン

A teaser page was created on the B-T.

Just read if you really don't care about spoilers, because it's really a heavy one for the first season of the anime. It's one of my favorite scenes too. And try to guess who was the crazy one that tried to translate that
Old 2011-09-14, 05:43   Link #25
Kunagisa

When does Yoshitsune show up again?

Nm, according to this wiki page, she shows up 3rd volume (or 5th book) ...

:HMM:, I bet most forgot this loli from the first PV lol.

Spoiler for Book version:

I'm pretty confident this is just a cameo appearance, which makes me really think the shortness of season 1 is just a testing ground cause they are planning pretty far ... (as usual I probably am looking too much into this).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 14:26   Link #26
larethian

guys, you need to give rep to Allen, start groveling and thanking him and saying how awesome the translation was and ask him to do a little bit more, ie. if you all want more.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 20:29   Link #27
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
When does Yoshitsune show up again?

Nm, according to this wiki page, she shows up 3rd volume (or 5th book) ...

:HMM:, I bet most forgot this loli from the first PV lol.

Spoiler for Book version:

I'm pretty confident this is just a cameo appearance, which makes me really think the shortness of season 1 is just a testing ground cause they are planning pretty far ... (as usual I probably am looking too much into this).
I forgot her for a lot of time too ww. And this isn't the only cameo reference of her. If you pay attention to the eroge that Toori has in the second PV (and in a scan), you'll see her too.

ちょんまげ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
guys, you need to give rep to Allen, start groveling and thanking him and saying how awesome the translation was and ask him to do a little bit more, ie. if you all want more.
So your objective was this lol
Old 2011-10-04, 06:00   Link #28
endarion88

a fast question, the protagonist is really just and idiot like it seems in the ep 1 of the anime or e can/ will learn to do something? also @ allen the previous summary was just vol 1 right?

Last edited by endarion88; 2011-10-04 at 07:49.
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 14:20   Link #29
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
a fast question, the protagonist is really just and idiot like it seems in the ep 1 of the anime or e can/ will learn to do something? also @ allen the previous summary was just vol 1 right?
Yes, the summary was just for the first volume (first season of the anime).

Spoiler for Toori:
Old 2011-10-04, 15:01   Link #30
Lender

Well, i am kind of disappointed with the first episode, i was expecting something like code geass, durarara, steins, darker than black and what i saw was a normal echii with tons of weird and weak characters.(Almost closed my media player when i saw the black "thing" trying to hit the teacher with food ¬¬, or even worse the archer woman who took 5 minutos to shoot an arrow)

I will watch more 2 or 3 episodes to make sure what this "thing" is about, but my first impression couldn't be worse.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 15:02   Link #31
tsunade666

what was Toori's ability? in the op. Something came out on his back and to me it looks like a missile then electric currents erupts.
Old 2011-10-04, 16:23   Link #32
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lender View Post
Well, i am kind of disappointed with the first episode, i was expecting something like code geass, durarara, steins, darker than black and what i saw was a normal echii with tons of weird and weak characters.(Almost closed my media player when i saw the black "thing" trying to hit the teacher with food ¬¬, or even worse the archer woman who took 5 minutos to shoot an arrow)

I will watch more 2 or 3 episodes to make sure what this "thing" is about, but my first impression couldn't be worse.
I think you posted on the wrong thread... If it's about the anime you should post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what was Toori's ability? in the op. Something came out on his back and to me it looks like a missile then electric currents erupts.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-05, 05:01   Link #33
black_cat1

Toori looke like some strategist rather than fighter for me and he is interesting, and I believe in character played by Jun
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 07:39   Link #34
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post

Spoiler:
Is there any other ability beside that? because I heard his ability is quite dangerous that in the latest book we learned on how it effects him though I'm not sure.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:06   Link #35
endarion88

if the anime really will cover just the first vol/2 book i will hope for many many season and in more summary ^^
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 10:37   Link #36
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for question time:
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 13:15   Link #37
serpiente

I want to give a big thanks to Allen for the translation! It helped a lot when the hype started to kick in. I doesnt care about spoilers, everything will be fresh and new when presented in anime form. The information serves to raise my interest on the show, and to clarify things and have a look at the big scoop of the series. Just like in Five Star Stories, it is impossible for the animation to cover the entire complexity of the fictional world one creator is trying to get trough, much in the case of 1000 or so pages books.

I a have a question about the "Impossible" nikname of Toori. It is related to him not being capable of doing greater things?
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 15:28   Link #38
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

The girl with the spear is my favorite. She appeared in the OP. Any info on her?
Old 2011-10-05, 19:37   Link #39
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Toori looke like some strategist rather than fighter for me and he is interesting, and I believe in character played by Jun
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is there any other ability beside that? because I heard his ability is quite dangerous that in the latest book we learned on how it effects him though I'm not sure.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
Spoiler for question time:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
I a have a question about the "Impossible" nikname of Toori. It is related to him not being capable of doing greater things?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
The girl with the spear is my favorite. She appeared in the OP. Any info on her?
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-05, 23:33   Link #40
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Now, can someone tell me whether or not Naomasa is important at all? She didn't seem to get much more than a crate falling from the sky in the way of character introductions. I mean, at least the Indian guy said something.

"Curry! It's hot!"

So, really. I take a liking to her, so I'd be a little disappointed if she weren't in any way a worthwhile character.
I asked this in the anime thread, but was pointed to go here.

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen