AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-19, 09:14   Link #8461
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
would there be a relevance to the teeth, chain saw effect, if you made it an mono-atomic edged blade in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well, if there isn't, how can something be so bloody sharp AND invisible at the same time?

For something to be invisible, you need to have light to pass through it. Solid or energy blades don't do that trick.
Quote:
Maybe about 5-10 teeth. Math error. The nanites are miniature electromagnets generating, linking, and holding the EM field in place.

Those atoms creating the bumps, they are the teeth.
Oh, thank you for the clarification.

@ Demi

As Saintess told us, the Teeth are the odd atoms sticking out from the links of other atom created by EM field.

o o o o o o o o o
OOOOOOOOOOOOo

Since they move at 300.000 rps (Revolution per second) they literally digs material atom per atom, 300 thousand atom per second at average, which translates to absurd sharpness...

(if my calculation isn't wrong, that's about 40mm iron per second )

Kinda like that, it shaped like a chainsaw. My HF blades works like that but much larger scale (each teeth is about 10-50 nm), slower, and requires hardened frame as basis.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:15   Link #8462
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
You missed out my post!

P.S SaintX, can you redirect me to your question? I am lost.
question?

iirc i did not ask you about something. what i did was answer detective's "graphene or diamond, which is harder?" question.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 09:21   Link #8463
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but the human eyes doesn't have the power to see a lone atom.

If I had a straight line of atoms with an atomic bond that is far greater than other atomic bonds, would this line of atoms be visible?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 09:26   Link #8464
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
but the human eyes doesn't have the power to see a lone atom.

If I had a straight line of atoms with an atomic bond that is far greater than other atomic bonds, would this line of atoms be visible?
Exactly, it still invisible just because of that. Human hair, FYI is about 30-100 micrometer, that's about 30-100 thousand times larger than a chain of atom. But I wonder how strong those odd atom is myself....

At best you'll look at the sheer friction and noticeable shockwave they caused with air, and the noise, oh God the noise....
Old 2011-11-19, 09:28   Link #8465
demino_hellsin
That one guy

wait... so he has a mono-atomic chain with bumps in it? :O
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 09:31   Link #8466
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Saintess: That shall be Riz's insert song in SHOOTING ST@RS. But there are so so many insert songs in ST@RS that I didn't list it just yet...

@Eras:

Everyone has customized versions of a massproduction IS, making them 'not personal' but unique. Also, the ISpers each have a unique One Off Ability created by their minds interacting with the IS Core, rendering each ISper even more unique. Clairvoyance is the psycho parameter that affects how sensitive they are to reading other people's thoughts. This makes them highly sought after by everyone; by grouping them together as ST@RS, Tabane prevents all the ISpers from falling into 1 country's hands, and yet the data gained from the ISpers using their OOAs will be shared throughout the world.

To demonstrate how each one is different, each of the 10 Schwarzehase Freiherrs (Laura to Celeste) are all ISpers, and are given Schwarz IS units. Celeste can create force blades, while the others, even though they only have G2 Schwarz as well, they all have different OOAs and fighting styles. Laura is most powerful in spite of her immaturity is because her One Off Ability is [One Shot Sure Kill] to other IS. Before falling in love with Ichika, Laura has minimal control over her ability, but it allows her unit to use its railgun and heat rods without damaging itself.

That ability is Dengeki Tsukai - [The Electromaster].

~~~~~~

In my fanon, Riz uses a delimited Uchigane, and her OOA is what makes her powerful. Her katana is basic, but delimited functions like Saintess' described, the force field generated by the blade is 1 molecule thick and is serrated.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:31   Link #8467
Eratas123

@ Zero - What's everyone talking about? I was talking to my friend and catching up for the last hour.

EDIT: @ Meister - Laura has ISper powers!? This is new!
Old 2011-11-19, 09:33   Link #8468
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - What's everyone talking about? I was talking to my friend and catching up for the last hour.

EDIT: @ Meister - Laura has ISper powers!? This is new!
Talking about technobabble my friend, keep you head so it won't implode.

EDIT: Wait, Laura? ISper? Pfft....
Old 2011-11-19, 09:36   Link #8469
Eratas123

@ Zero - Seriously, are all the female characters badass abnormals? <Ren> is the closest to normal and even then she has things that make her above the average human being.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:38   Link #8470
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yeah, she is... Her level is 3 out of 5, but she's thus strongest because if she were to fully master her OOA, she'd be unstoppable by other IS.

It came to me as I was trying to account why the hell is that gaki #1.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:39   Link #8471
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Seriously, are all the female characters badass abnormals? <Ren> is the closest to normal and even then she has things that make her above the average human being.
I dunno, the only badass Abnormal in mine is none other than Ichika and Madoka (Project Codename: Siegmund & Sieglinde), the titular Sacred Twins.

Maybe Laura will count due to similar origin, but she has no fancy ability besides superhuman body.

EDIT:
@Meister
Irish is level 0 Isper with power to negate OOA :3
Old 2011-11-19, 09:45   Link #8472
Eratas123

@ Zero - Ichika is an abnormal in Shadow, he already has the "healing factor" that the other two lack. Irish, Laura and Kyuukai are the only ones who fight without resorting to outlandish powers. Of course, this means that these three get their asses kicked when they have to fight against the abnormals.

@ Meister - What the? So Laura can read minds? *Gets a picture of Laura trying to read Ichika's mind and berzerking when he lies about being her "wife"*

I hope she can't make mind suggestions to people either
Old 2011-11-19, 09:45   Link #8473
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I suppose I should also say that eventually my fic will deviate from canon. As I ramp up their interactions, I will eventually have them 'grown up', and in doing so their characterization would change.

Houki becomes nicer, and more 'Idol-like'.

Rin gets more reliable.

Cecilia gains true strength.

Charlotte reverses the Yandere Infection.

Laura becomes a proper commander and masters Dengeki Tsukai.

I'll keep Ichika as a baka for now, but I will try to make him more likeable eventually.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:47   Link #8474
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Well, I guess Kyuukai will have short amount of angst...and of course he'll try to fix it with all his might.

Blitz haven't contact me again, wonder if he's frowning at my disagreement...
I am not really disappointed (crying heart out, T_T just j/k. xD), since I am just practically drawing up dark ideas and throwing them into the air and just waiting for someone (or myself) to catch them.

The thing is that with Yoshi, is that he's a secondary character, thus is there a need to deconstruct the Stu, as the focus wouldn;t be on him but rather on the twins. If you planning to write a prequel fic starring Yoshi then this would be possible and viable.

I guess the biggest trap we both fell in was that we didn't thought up Yoshi's character enoughprior to writing the story. If I were to give an analogy is that we simply digged way too many plot holes and that we covered them all (on the surface) with sand. We don't know if our efforts to fill in the holes are successful until we actually drop into the pit (which we are trying to avoid).

PS: I think somebody asked what song would fit the fics?

If it was Red rain, just give me a good vocal remix for Septette of the Dead Princess and UN Owen was her for the ending (I might pick the nayuta one, but that might go overboard, but hell, it fits Flandre's character xD)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 09:49   Link #8475
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Ichika is an abnormal in Shadow, he already has the "healing factor" that the other two lack. Irish, Laura and Kyuukai are the only ones who fight without resorting to outlandish powers. Of course, this means that these three get their asses kicked when they have to fight against the abnormals.
Ichika: Super Reflex, Super Vision, Accelerated Healing, Super Immunity, "Frame Synchronization"

Madoka: Super Stability (Natural Gyroscope XD), Spatial Awareness (limited), Enhanced Immunity, "Core Resonance"

@Blitz

Yeah, I knew. I suppose we can use Him and Chifuyu being Half sibling though, and that Yoshi kill their parents ACCIDENTALLY. And when he fleed to America, he's the only survivor of accident, and amnesiac. Karma Houdini deconstructed natch. <:3
Old 2011-11-19, 09:50   Link #8476
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In my fanon, 'Clairvoyance' only gives intentions and strong emotions, not weak emotions or fleeting thoughts. Claivoyance Reactions however do allow full access, but they require special conditions to activate. Its a Deus Ex Machina for sharing thoughts, so unless I'm being a prick and have Ichika and Laura share a CR when he's in denial, there's no chance of that happening.

But that gives me an idea for Infinite Stratos Vandam-Tan, a parody series where because of an accident, Karon is turned into a chibi along with her Vandam.

*writes down notes*

In [Vandam-tan], Ichika keeps getting killed by his harem due to humorous situations. I think I just found Laura's.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:52   Link #8477
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I suppose I should also say that eventually my fic will deviate from canon. As I ramp up their interactions, I will eventually have them 'grown up', and in doing so their characterization would change.

Houki becomes nicer, and more 'Idol-like'.

Rin gets more reliable.

Cecilia gains true strength.

Charlotte reverses the Yandere Infection.

Laura becomes a proper commander and masters Dengeki Tsukai.

I'll keep Ichika as a baka for now, but I will try to make him more likeable eventually.
I like these alternate characterizations.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:53   Link #8478
Eratas123

@ Meister - All of us try to make the heroines nicer in our fics Daydreams makes them more relatable (Though these are blatant lies since they're from the heroines imagination) I'm curious though, what do you mean by idol like?

@ Zero and Blitz - Didn't you guys think of the concept for the character months ago? Zero PMed me about it back in page 100.

EDIT: @ Zero -

Ichika - Healing factor, resistance to damage, high IS sync rate, spot enemy IS weaknesses, and is more physically capable than most people his age.

Madoka is all these things turned up to eleven. The only thing she lacks are people to watch her back (Ichika has at least 4)
Old 2011-11-19, 09:56   Link #8479
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Box: I think that's some crack we at least agree.

I'm not changing them from day 1 though. Up until the events of the latest novel, they will still be pricks, but I will keep ramping them down over time. Eventually, either the author stops writing, or I overtake him, then I'll have my way with the girls.

Quote:
@ Meister - All of us try to make the heroines nicer in our fics Daydreams makes them more relatable (Though these are blatant lies since they're from the heroines imagination) I'm curious though, what do you mean by idol like?
She smiles more, sings better, and goes back to who she was before IS turned her life upside down.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:56   Link #8480
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero and Blitz - Didn't you guys think of the concept for the character months ago? Zero PMed me about it back in page 100.
I'm not sure, I actually reveal him very recently, I do give some hint though (back when he still Ryouji Kaji expy and not deconstructed Marty Stu)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest