AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-28, 21:05   Link #81
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

VK reminds me of Twilight so much .. lol.. A difference is, Edward in Twilight never drinks Bella's blood

The opening song in the anime is soooo good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjvp4n87j1Q

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2009-07-30 at 09:07.
Old 2009-09-05, 02:35   Link #82
Miyabi Kuran

I hope Yuuki ends up with Kaname..
He was been lonely for a long time..
I'm Yuuki x Kaname fan^^
Old 2009-09-05, 02:38   Link #83
Miyabi Kuran

[QUOTE=Tenken's Smile;2544683]VK reminds me of Twilight so much .. lol.. A difference is, Edward in Twilight never drinks Bella's blood

Me too..
But I think Kaname is cooler than Edward..
I'm prefer VK more than Twilight ^^
Old 2009-10-18, 13:12   Link #84
TyG3R

I think that Yuuki loves both Zero and Kaname.
Old 2009-10-20, 19:29   Link #85
Anpatsuki
[.Otaku Revolucionaria.]

Send a message via MSN to Anpatsuki
Wink

WoW! I lov Vampire Knight!!~

My favorite coupple: Zero x Yuuki

yeah~~!
Old 2009-12-15, 08:27   Link #86
myKIRYUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Wow I really can't stand Kaname his character traits areannoying. With all supported evidence up to the new chapters I like Zero and Yuuki ^-^
yeah.. i don't know why, though kaname is cute, i never like him for yuuki. i'm hoping of Zero and Yuuki ending up together.
Old 2009-12-17, 08:56   Link #87
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
Yuuki does love both Zero and Kaname .. >_<
well I hope she ends up with Kaname ..
Old 2009-12-27, 00:33   Link #88
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Yuuki & Zero all the way.

"All is lost."
Old 2009-12-27, 07:15   Link #89
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
Somehow, I think someone between Zero and Kaname will die ..
Old 2010-07-21, 00:32   Link #90
ranipaki

One of the best romance! I've ever read or seen
Why can't everyone be happy? lol I want yuki and zero to be together while kaname having happy ending more like romantic ending! hehe
Old 2010-12-13, 05:39   Link #91
Mianhaeyo
Disabled By Request

I'm more a Yuuki x Hero fan.
Why? I don't like guys like Kaname, acting all tough and mysterious.
Hero draw my attention all the way actually.
Old 2010-12-23, 00:40   Link #92
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

ZeroxYuuki shipper
I didn't like Kaname as much I liked him, just not as much as Zero ^^
Old 2011-01-08, 08:42   Link #93
ipon-bks
charred ford

Liking Zero/Yuuki all the way and -hoping- if Yuuki does end up with Kaname (hope not) at least Zero won't die...

and I'm still musing around the Kaname/Zero pairing in the fandom...
Old 2011-11-30, 15:40   Link #94
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Wow I really can't stand Kaname his character traits areannoying. With all supported evidence up to the new chapters I like Zero and Yuuki ^-^
i tend to agree, kaname just uses people to much for my taste, yes it maybe for good reasons but sooner or later, he will go too far, and use for a greater good as an excuse. im sure other fans can see that happening down the road. the reason i am a zero/yuki fan is based on the history of great romances build by the story itself. let me explain every great couple in romance shows almost always get together based on how difficult it is. the more difficult the more likely, now when you think about vampire knight who fits that more. kaname and yuki or guess who zero and yuki. i think the answer is pretty obvious. the more problems placed in there way (yuki and zero) the more enjoyable the final get together is. this is the great theme of romance be it novels, tv, or movies. what do you guys think

Last edited by 23 gundam fan; 2011-12-02 at 14:25. Reason: grammer problem
Old 2012-01-03, 02:47   Link #95
divine aria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
let me explain every great couple in romance shows almost always get together based on how difficult it is. the more difficult the more likely, now when you think about vampire knight who fits that more. kaname and yuki or guess who zero and yuki. i think the answer is pretty obvious. the more problems placed in there way (yuki and zero) the more enjoyable the final get together is. this is the great theme of romance be it novels, tv, or movies. what do you guys think
I can't deny that I'm internally a ZeroXYuuki fan so it could be that maybe this is all just wishful thinking but my thoughts run very similar to the point you bring up there. That's one of the reasons why I continue to have high hopes for a Yuuki/Zero pairing in the end despite the fact that Yuki is currently with Kaname.

Somehow, a relationship between Yuuki and Kaname feels almost too easy to attain. It is pretty much expected that the two will end up together simply because certain "rules" dictate it. After all, Yuuki is destined to become the wife of Kaname, pure-bloods are supposed to marry so their line can continue; and vampire siblings should, naturally, marry. Unless the author was purposely trying to aim for an easy, anti-climatic love story, I feel YuukiXKaname is less likely to happen. What would be the point of an anti-climatic love story? As you've mentioned, in works of fiction concerning great love stories, couples are usually tested through tough trials in life, and what would be a tougher trial in VK than the rocky relationship between vampires and the vampire hunters/humans? Effective works of fiction develop the relationship of pairings over the course of time and often in a more subtle manner. Again, Yuuki and Zero are more fitting for this scenario because we pretty much know right off the bat that Yuuki and Kaname like one another. So two people like one another right away at the beginning, find out they're destined for one another, and then, surprise, end up together? Where's the dilemma in their relationship that will eventually lead to great satisfaction when they do eventually get together? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there's no chance for a Yuuki/Kaname pairing. If it does happen, however, I will be wondering why someone chose to write the easy, rule-dictated love story over the one that would have given his/her readers the greatest degree of satisfaction in the end.

Aside from all that, I also feel Yuuki and Zero are a better match for one another. Because of his past, Zero is extremely down and needs Yuuki's cheerful and healing ways to motivate him to keep on living. On the other hand, Zero makes Yuuki a stronger person. Because Zero's so stubborn and more down to earth, it gives her the opportunity to "boss" him and become someone who is seen more as an equal, something she doesn't really feel is the case when she's around Kaname. Kaname is a little too over-protective, and because of his status and commanding ways, pretty much makes Yuuki seem like a helpless child who's being led by the hand.

Lastly, Yuuki has admitted loving Kaname but I've always wondered if she fully realizes her feelings or if it's actually feelings based largely around admiration and platonic love for the one who had saved her and given her life. Perhaps she's confusing admiration, a little crush, and deep gratitude for something much deeper because she admitted that at least a part of her heart was still with Zero. The fact that she isn't satisfied with drinking only Kaname's blood seems to indicate something, IMO.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-01-04 at 20:10.
Closed Thread