AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-23, 12:13   Link #221
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well you can always find some people who don't like a story, but the manga is still selling well.
Old 2011-09-23, 12:30   Link #222
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
It could be his appearance quota he have taken for granted. But, well...
Old 2011-11-30, 22:39   Link #223
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

From the image thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

Can y'all now stop saying that Isis doesn't use magic?
Nobody says she didn't used magic, in fact we know she uses magic to perform her chemical attacks, is just that her armor and device are powered by batteries instead of magic to avoid being screwed by Anti-Magic.

Which raises an interesting question... How Isis is conveniently prepared with equipement and spells fitted to fight Eclipse Drivers? The Huckebein aren't as widespread knowed before Section Six engaged them and Curren decided to show-off which makes this even more misterious.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-30, 22:53   Link #224
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Tactics like hers aren't exclusive to dealing with Eclipse infectees. Explosions and chemical warfare would be rather useful weapons against large dangerous creatures, after all, and Isis, like Touma, was a traveler.
Old 2011-11-30, 23:00   Link #225
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Tactics like hers aren't exclusive to dealing with Eclipse infectees. Explosions and chemical warfare would be rather useful weapons against large dangerous creatures, after all, and Isis, like Touma, was a traveler.
I guess there must be areason for that, as Fate and the wolkenritter show us in A's, a sufficiently powerfull mage can deal with large wild creatures such as Dragons, Giant Sandworms, rock monsters etc... Also apparently Isis's method of fighting isn't common at all.

Nanoha, a veteran soldier from a military branch, showed surprise at seeing how Isis's magic works, she's the first character to use this in the series and her description says her device is custom made. I guess she receives support from her father's security company or probably she's a gifted mechanic/device meister and designed her equipement herself, the resoruces to make the device can be easily aqcuired with her status. Nanoha is thinking of assigning Cinque to train Isis better which further supports this theory since Cinque herself is a very unorthodox fighter by Nanohaverse standards.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-01, 00:13   Link #226
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Also, in the years since the JS/Cradle incident, AMF weaponry has apparently become more widespread. For those that have the cash, investing in some backup power source and tactics would probably be prudent.
Old 2011-12-01, 00:29   Link #227
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Also, in the years since the JS/Cradle incident, AMF weaponry has apparently become more widespread. For those that have the cash, investing in some backup power source and tactics would probably be prudent.
Ironically the TSAB, the organization meant to face said threats didn't take proper measures until the water reached their necks xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-01, 00:57   Link #228
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Just goes to show that the TSAB got arrogant and careless and now they're paying for it.

They got so used to everyone using rock so they only had to use paper. But now that people are starting to use scissors they need to start using rock too.
Old 2011-12-01, 17:38   Link #229
LostSome

I still don`t understand why Isis called the Hucks a "famous militia" when she was talking to Arnage...
First, since when the Hucks are famous and second...
How many teen girls know of "famous militia" outside of TSAB on Mid ?
Old 2011-12-01, 17:45   Link #230
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Granted, most teen girls aren't the daughters of the head of a renowned security firm, who'd be in the know on famous militia on the like.

"Famous militia", on the other hand, might be a mistranslation.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:16   Link #231
malekith

the fact that isis was capable of making a barrior jacket out of random trash and was capable of flight kinda confirmed she was capable of useing magic.
and isis knowing about the hucks could be from her familys job and/or she seems like to be the type who loves rumours she might of picke it up on her travels.
the hucks have been commiting mass murders for quiete some time now theres only so much information the tsab can stop from leaking and they definatly cant stop word of mouth.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:31   Link #232
LostSome

Isis does not called them murderers or killers or anything like that, so I don`t think she knew them for that.
They could have been doing protection jobs as mercenaries I guess.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:49   Link #233
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ That sounds actually plausible, remeber that the Huckebein keeped a low profile in order to avoid the TSAB, for whatever reason the TSAB found about them and sent Signum and others in pursuit of them. They moved for the most part outside of TSAB's jurisdiction(which also explains why they sent solo agents instead of some well-made team) and suppelmental material acknowledge their ocassional jobs as mecenaries. Security companies usually wrok on the same market as mercenaries so it's not that unlikely for Isis to know about the Huckebein family.

The "famous" militia thing probably meant to appeal to their popularity as mercenaries, we witnessed how good they're at killing so i guess they were well recommended hired-guns due to their efficience.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-01, 18:57   Link #234
LostSome

^I see, could work.
Isis was poking into dad`s business a little too much and after he told her to stop, she ran away from home with her explosive make-up ! lol
Old 2011-12-01, 19:25   Link #235
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Anyone who works in the security field would need to know what kind of threats are out there. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for Isis to have picked up some information about a mercenary group called the Hucks while she was with her family. Probably not full detailed info, but enough to know they were one of many mercenary groups that take shadow jobs.
Old 2011-12-02, 04:03   Link #236
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Just noted something curious after watching carefully Ch. 20:

The base Tohma and the others are living in for the moment is operating with Earth-looking equipement, or at least the computers have physical monitors which contradicts with StrikerS where every screen is a floating holographic one. I can understand the radio communicators in the battlefield to avoid EC interference but why they took a step back in technology from one season to other?

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-02, 04:32   Link #237
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
why they took a step back in technology from one season to other?
Just continuing the trend set by StrikerS, I guess. StrikerS also took a massive step back in technology compared to previous seasons.

I mean... a helicopter?
Old 2011-12-02, 04:52   Link #238
malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Just continuing the trend set by StrikerS, I guess. StrikerS also took a massive step back in technology compared to previous seasons.

I mean... a helicopter?
they probably use a helicopter so they dont have to constantly ask for personal flight permission and long distances

add the fact the forwards and support personel cant fly and a helicopte seems pretty handy in my eyes (plus they had to add a yuuno th the new main duo and needed a postion for him to fill)
Old 2011-12-02, 05:07   Link #239
Sunder the Gold

Flying to the hot zone is unnecessary when you have Teleportation.

It's really hard to find something outside of a warship powerplant to support ground-based intra-planetary teleportation, but it doesn't need as much power as the interstellar teleportation seen in A's.

With technological backup, Yuuno was capable of teleporting Nanoha from a warship in space into Earth's atmosphere -- a very considerable distance. I'm fairly sure that with a military complex generator, he could manage to teleport someone to another city in the same bloody region.
Old 2011-12-02, 05:16   Link #240
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

I mean... a helicopter?
But they upgraded the interface tech to floating screens and keyboards everywhere.
Closed Thread