AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-12-13, 23:32   Link #221
Undertaker

And with all due respect. Luffy is pretty damn strong to begin with. What he lacked was experience and means to counter logia users effectively.(ie. haki). In terms of pure physical strength, Luffy was pretty impressive to begin with.
Old 2011-12-14, 06:29   Link #222
Colecham

Technique adds to strength
Even without any of his new haki knowledge
Luffy could kick his own arse if he traveled back to the start of the series... :P
Colecham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 08:43   Link #223
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colecham View Post
Technique adds to strength
Even without any of his new haki knowledge
Luffy could kick his own arse if he traveled back to the start of the series... :P
2 and half years...Who's to say Arlong didn't get stronger in that time too?

But really, its not strength but overall character I was talking about.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 00:09   Link #224
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Right so I've finally caught up on the last 20 or so episodes, something kinda got in the way of watching anime back then.

First things first, while I do like the current OP, it's really got nothing on last one, Fight Together, possibly my favorite OP of the series!

2nd, episode 522...Perona!!!
I'm still totally stuck on Zoro X Perona, happened ever since I saw this way back.

Pointless shipping is pointless shipping but what do I care, theres fun to be had and I'm having fun!

I noticed the animation has picked up quite alot, guess they want the mermaids looking good

Can't wait to see my mermaid princess, I get the feeling she's gonna be great!

Nakata Jouji as Hodi is something I didn't expect, he's doing a smashing job in Horizon, so good to hear him again in OP, he last played that dude from the rainbow mist didn't he?
Old 2011-12-15, 05:25   Link #225
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Right so I've finally caught up on the last 20 or so episodes, something kinda got in the way of watching anime back then.

First things first, while I do like the current OP, it's really got nothing on last one, Fight Together, possibly my favorite OP of the series!

2nd, episode 522...Perona!!!
I'm still totally stuck on Zoro X Perona, happened ever since I saw this way back.

Pointless shipping is pointless shipping but what do I care, theres fun to be had and I'm having fun!

I noticed the animation has picked up quite alot, guess they want the mermaids looking good

Can't wait to see my mermaid princess, I get the feeling she's gonna be great!

Nakata Jouji as Hodi is something I didn't expect, he's doing a smashing job in Horizon, so good to hear him again in OP, he last played that dude from the rainbow mist didn't he?
I'm sorry but I love how some of us were all like "The new guy" or "the new threat" but you just came right out with his name.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:17   Link #226
Colecham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
2 and half years...Who's to say Arlong didn't get stronger in that time too?

But really, its not strength but overall character I was talking about.
Maybe if he ate a devils fruit he'd have a chance.
Wonder if there's ever a fishman in the series that has eaten one...
*Ponders*
Old 2011-12-15, 12:09   Link #227
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Maybe if he ate a devils fruit he'd have a chance.
Wonder if there's ever a fishman in the series that has eaten one...
*Ponders*
What your saying is that Arlong can have a chance to beat Luffy if he had a devils fruit power.. So your basically saying that Shanks doesn't have a chance of beating Luffy because he doesn't have a devil fruit? That goes to Luffy's Granddad as well to the people who don't have devil fruit powers.

All it is, is just experience in how to fight. Ok Luffy has technique but sometimes he gets beaten down but his courage and determination in defeating the guy kicks in and basically helps him.. Right now Ichigo in Bleach said that he improves every time when clashes with someone in a battle, and basically means that he improves in strength and technique and also gains experience in battles.

One piece has strong people who has techniques, experience, and determination. If you have a devil fruit power doesn't mean your strong -_-
Old 2011-12-15, 12:59   Link #228
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
What your saying is that Arlong can have a chance to beat Luffy if he had a devils fruit power.. So your basically saying that Shanks doesn't have a chance of beating Luffy because he doesn't have a devil fruit? That goes to Luffy's Granddad as well to the people who don't have devil fruit powers.

All it is, is just experience in how to fight. Ok Luffy has technique but sometimes he gets beaten down but his courage and determination in defeating the guy kicks in and basically helps him.. Right now Ichigo in Bleach said that he improves every time when clashes with someone in a battle, and basically means that he improves in strength and technique and also gains experience in battles.

One piece has strong people who has techniques, experience, and determination. If you have a devil fruit power doesn't mean your strong -_-
Especially for a Fishman, they get that huge boost underwater...eating a fruit kinda takes away that boost now doesn't it?
Old 2011-12-15, 16:39   Link #229
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Especially for a Fishman, they get that huge boost underwater...eating a fruit kinda takes away that boost now doesn't it?
Hmm kinda does, but I'm sure Luffy has a plan to keep the fisher man on land.. But there is a possibility that they might fight around water and Luffy might get owned by the "new threat or new boss". So this arc might be an interesting one hehe.
Old 2011-12-17, 22:08   Link #230
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man i was waiting to see Luffy and Jimebi reunite, but he's not there. Glad to see the others are safe, but we still don't know about Brook. So the princes were actually looking for the Straw Hats to deliver Jimbei's message. Seems like the New Fish-Man Pirates are prohibiting people from coming to the island, well if its tied to what Camie was saying. Serves Sanji right, hope he dies this way.
Old 2011-12-17, 22:30   Link #231
Kirarakim

I always feel Oda likes to pick on Sanji...I mean to be near death in such an embarrassing way (not that he seems to mind). I am glad Usopp was there to voice the audience thoughts of how ridiculous the situation is.

Most interesting thing about this episode was definitely the story of Fisher Tiger oh and I love seeing Luffy use his Haki.
Old 2011-12-18, 06:28   Link #232
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Haha. The best bit was when Luffy got into second gear, that scene hyped me up, had to watch that about 5 times

Even if Fisher Tiger didn't receive blood transfusion when he was about to die, doesn't mean that the fishermen have to do the same to the humans. I guess the fishermen who wouldn't donate blood were exactly like the humans who didn't help FisherTiger. Selfishness :/
Old 2011-12-18, 08:52   Link #233
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Haha. The best bit was when Luffy got into second gear, that scene hyped me up, had to watch that about 5 times

Even if Fisher Tiger didn't receive blood transfusion when he was about to die, doesn't mean that the fishermen have to do the same to the humans. I guess the fishermen who wouldn't donate blood were exactly like the humans who didn't help FisherTiger. Selfishness :/
"Hey, the humans refused to save our hero even after he saved them! They enslave us and sell us to the highest bidder! They treat us like monster! So why should we help them?" is the mentality most fishman have in FI due to lack of contact with...nice humans (remember that most people that pass through the island are pirates heading for the New World and few pirates are good natured too) and it is quite understandable if you think about it. doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, Keimi for example would have donated her blood without a second thought (Hachi and Jinbe would have been the same)

And for the record, the correct spelling of the names is Hody Jones and Jinbe.
Old 2011-12-18, 15:00   Link #234
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

sanji's blood thing is getting super annoying... enough already
Old 2011-12-19, 05:44   Link #235
Colecham

Quote:

I didn't say anything like that. I said that arlong is a piece of weak trash that would never ever stand a chance against him unless he was given a super boost...
How did that aquate to any other character in the series? It didn't, that's how..
Are you retarded? Seriously, cause there's no sense in that jump...
hows about you take the time to actually comprehend what someone has said before opening your mouth?
And in previous posts I said flat out that because of all his clashes with superior fighters and with his training he is worlds ahead of where he was, further distancing himself from Arlong
Basically you took shit I said, and rehashed it, in an argument against me, that you started because you're an idiot and mistook what I said.
Dumbass

Quote:
Yeah, but he only gets that boost underwater.... Who the hell would fight him there? Just other fishman...
So who gives a crap about the boost, when all the good shit is on land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
sanji's blood thing is getting super annoying... enough already
Agreed...
totally saw the explosion coming.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-12-19 at 14:26. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double/triple posting...
Old 2011-12-19, 08:29   Link #236
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
I didn't say anything like that. I said that arlong is a piece of weak trash that would never ever stand a chance against him unless he was given a super boost...
How did that aquate to any other character in the series? It didn't, that's how..
Are you retarded? Seriously, cause there's no sense in that jump...
hows about you take the time to actually comprehend what someone has said before opening your mouth?
And in previous posts I said flat out that because of all his clashes with superior fighters and with his training he is worlds ahead of where he was, further distancing himself from Arlong
Basically you took shit I said, and rehashed it, in an argument against me, that you started because you're an idiot and mistook what I said.
Dumbass
You cant just assume that Arlong was a weak piece of trash.. Luffy wasn't great at that time. He only defeated Arlong because he wanted to kill Arlong for REVENGE which gave him a super boost. Oh wait, when they were fighting who had the upper hand? I think Arlong did in my opinion due to the fact that there was water and Luffy's skin doesn't like sharp things >.>. What made him stronger? Revenge for Nami? Your just being an idiot and look on one view. You think Luffy was strong at that time. He was strong until a certain point, now that he is going to the new world his going to be a noob again, how many strong people are there after the the Fish Island huh?

Oh yeah.. Cant Arlong improve in the time when Luffy is fighting big bosses? Lmao. Stop thinking one side. If Luffy is training. So can Arlong. There is no stopping that. Geez.

If your going to call people "Dumbass" then you don't evne have the write to comment -_-. No one called you shit all. Its a forum, its called a discussion, there is no need to get angry.

Last edited by Pwnago; 2011-12-19 at 14:18.
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 13:25   Link #237
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Come on guys. Stop this silly bickering. You're both better than that. Here at AS forums, we pride ourselves on having intelligent discussions with respectful members. Best not to get things too out of hand, otherwise a mod will be forced to interject and give you both infractions (or possibly even a ban).
Old 2011-12-19, 16:27   Link #238
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Having a discussion is one thing...but insulting people is another.
Watch it.
Old 2011-12-20, 07:05   Link #239
Colecham

Yeah, Pwnago is right.
No excuses, we differ in opinion, but I was a jerk, and out of line.
I let a bad day get the better of me, took frustrations out on people in a forum, and turned a debate into a mudsling.
I apologize to everyone, but especially to Pwnago.
:/
Old 2011-12-20, 14:56   Link #240
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Yeah, Pwnago is right.
No excuses, we differ in opinion, but I was a jerk, and out of line.
I let a bad day get the better of me, took frustrations out on people in a forum, and turned a debate into a mudsling.
I apologize to everyone, but especially to Pwnago.
:/
As long as you apologised its cool. If I said anything that provoked you I'm sorry too.