AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-07, 07:32   Link #1641
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I saw you snag SOMETHING with Chain Anchor and zip along like a hookshot, but it wasn't Kyrie. Did you snag an invisible wall, or were you just able to move despite having missed?

Also, Yuuno showed a different pre-fight animation this time. I wonder why? Is it random?
I think it was an invisible wall not sure though.

And the animations at the beginning are random, yeah.

Quote:
Yuuno versus Vita?
Oh god ferret meets hammer Kk then.

Oh yeah, Einhardt alternate outfit is her barrier jacket with Vivio's colors and Vivio's is hers with Einhart's. Something I noticed.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 12:16   Link #1642
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Oh yeah, Einhardt alternate outfit is her barrier jacket with Vivio's colors and Vivio's is hers with Einhart's. Something I noticed.
D'awww... Nanoha and Fate exchanged ribbons. Vivio and Einhart exchanged jacket colors xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 12:20   Link #1643
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Yuuno has an A rank composite license, not aerial
Yet he engages in aerial combat with the best of them. Literally.

It's possible that his license is not accurately reflective of his capability.

Also "License" has always struck me as a poor word to use, since it's not like anyone can take away your magic if you don't legally qualify for it. The tests aren't about permission, it's about the government keeping track of how powerful you really are.

But how do they know when people deliberately underperform or hold back?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 12:51   Link #1644
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
A good point, it was estated by the Aces and Wolkenritters alike that the ranking system is not entirely unreliable as the exams are voluntary for some people.

It has it's uses.tough. A TSAB cadet must take exams and raise it's rank in order to be allowed into higher groups, better equipement and more dangerous missions, they rank they posses guarantee the TSAB that said cadet is a person who have worked hard and have enough discipline to take the responsibility that comes with a promotion and enough power/skill to do it's job without screweing up, injuring himself or other in the line of duty.

Martial arts tournament also can use this to guarantee safer fights between mages of similar level.

To the general public or non-active mages like Yuuno is merely an aestethical thing, probably Yuuno is satisfied with the choices his current rank allows him to have("A" is pretty good rank by Mid-Childa santards, we can call Yuuno a fully accomplished mage at that level). Mages can be comfortable with a humble rank for concealment purpouses and becoming "Almighty Janitors" just like Mrs. Fern Corrado who being a AA-ranker curbstomped AAA's Fate and Nanoha. Or simply not caring about trank at all like "S -" Signum fighting "S +" Nanoha to a standstill.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:47   Link #1645
Sunder the Gold

On a seperate note, if you choose Nanoha instead of Yuuno to fight Stern, does Stern say that she intends to kill her?

Do the two of them say anything to each other that they don't communicate just as well after Yuuno's win, if you choose Yuuno?

See, I'm sure we can all agree that Fate is intended to be the one who fights Linith, but they included Arf as an option because they could.

It's less clear whether or not Yuuno is the one assumed by default to fight and defeat Stern.
Old 2012-01-07, 18:06   Link #1646
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Yet he engages in aerial combat with the best of them. Literally.

It's possible that his license is not accurately reflective of his capability.
That's the point.

License is not an absolute powerlevel measure.

It means he did not take or did not pass the aerial mage exam. Either because he didn't want to, didn't have the skill to make it very high as an aerial mage (also see Hayate), or most likely, because he chose to pursue a career as a librarian.

Just respect his decision. Not all archaeologist want to be Indiana Jones

Quote:
Also "License" has always struck me as a poor word to use, since it's not like anyone can take away your magic if you don't legally qualify for it. The tests aren't about permission, it's about the government keeping track of how powerful you really are.

As Tsuzuki said, "licenses are like Karate belts". It's not an absolute de facto power level measurement, but higher ranks get more privileges.

Getting a job is all about credentials (and connections)

Would a B grade aerial mage get a job as instructor to the air forces?

I guess you could hold back your on your performance during exams, and some people have done it in the real world to avoid military drafts. But in Nanoha's context, why should you hold back?

Once again, let's remember Hayate. The reason why she aimed for an SS+ credentials was because she was aiming for admiralty.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 18:11   Link #1647
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Just respect his decision. Not all archaeologist want to be Indiana Jones
When the Arc of the Covenant gets up on a pair of legs and threatens to march across the world, annihilating any city that it finds, Indiana Jones can then decide whether or not he wants to be Yuuno Scrya, by stepping right in front of its path.

I respect his decision to become a librarian. It's what he needs to do, to be true to himself.

It's not ALL he needs to do, to remain true to himself.
Old 2012-01-07, 18:23   Link #1648
Key Board
Carbon

Well, it just strikes me that he's the kind of person like Hayate who is more comfortable at the back lines.

And yes, I know that has made some people upset too.

Betrayed expectations always upsets part of the fandom, but I've learned to accept that not all characters in my favorite show will develop according to my planned skill-set.

In the end, it's not my DnD session. Someone else is playing the character for me

As much as want character xxx to be a dual wielding rogue, in the end I am not in control and have learned to manage my expectations from that.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-01-07, 18:28   Link #1649
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Oh god ferret meets hammer Kk then.
He did pretty well in canon, even if it wasn't a full battle

Quote:
Yeah, noticed that in the screeshots/page scans. Looks good on them, as do other 2P outfits, like Stern's which adds more "fire" to her theme
Old 2012-01-07, 19:35   Link #1650
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Is it possible for someone to give me a summary of all the plot lines and characters who appear in GoD? I'm trying to wrap my head around U-D, and that's before I consider the time travellers.

Doing fact checks for my fic basically.
Old 2012-01-07, 19:50   Link #1651
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Is it possible for someone to give me a summary of all the plot lines and characters who appear in GoD? I'm trying to wrap my head around U-D, and that's before I consider the time travellers.

U-D (Here-by called Yuri) is, in effect, the thing that the Book of Darkness was sealing away...

To use Marvel as a comparison here...

Think of Reinforce and the Wolkenritter as the Heralds of Galactus...

The Darkness of the Book of Darkness is Galactus itself...

And Yuri-chan is the thing that Galactus was holding back.

Not sure, but I think that the Materials and Yuri-chan are basically the same being... Possibly Reinforce was part of that as well.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 20:01   Link #1652
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

Here are the Semi-Translation by Aaron008R
that was posted. Only Sequence 1 -10 so far

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1185
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1191
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1211
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1215
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1288
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1306
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1414
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1448
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1450
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1524
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 20:27   Link #1653
rxrx

Note to all, no one wants to kill anyone. Levi is out to play and is more like a kid sister and how a 9 year old would act to Fate, Stern just wants a good fight and Diarche wants freedom for her crew as they were all stuck in suspension for a very long time. Heck, even Yuri did not want to kill or destroy anything but she has no command over her power. If you want a comparison, she is like Touma when he first reacted. Full conciousness but not able to control themselves and thus she just wants to be left alone.

I bet it disappoints some, but the materials are kind of friendly and not evil at all. They are just another bunch of victims of the Ancient Belka nutjobs like the Wolken and Rein so there.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 20:46   Link #1654
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
U-D (Here-by called Yuri) is, in effect, the thing that the Book of Darkness was sealing away...

To use Marvel as a comparison here...

Think of Reinforce and the Wolkenritter as the Heralds of Galactus...

The Darkness of the Book of Darkness is Galactus itself...

And Yuri-chan is the thing that Galactus was holding back.

Not sure, but I think that the Materials and Yuri-chan are basically the same being... Possibly Reinforce was part of that as well.
*scribbles LOTS of notes*

And I gain a surprise boss character too!
Old 2012-01-07, 20:52   Link #1655
Key Board
Carbon

I made this image to explain things.

I hope it helps

Old 2012-01-07, 21:39   Link #1656
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Eh? Is there a character we lack images for?

Ah, I see, technically we do then

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 23:30   Link #1657
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Note to all, no one wants to kill anyone. Levi is out to play and is more like a kid sister and how a 9 year old would act to Fate, Stern just wants a good fight and Diarche wants freedom for her crew as they were all stuck in suspension for a very long time. Heck, even Yuri did not want to kill or destroy anything but she has no command over her power. If you want a comparison, she is like Touma when he first reacted. Full conciousness but not able to control themselves and thus she just wants to be left alone.

I bet it disappoints some, but the materials are kind of friendly and not evil at all. They are just another bunch of victims of the Ancient Belka nutjobs like the Wolken and Rein so there.
This right here is the basic key aspect of both the A's anime storyline and the 2 A's psp games. If one does not play both games and understand the background of both games, you will not get the whole story entirely. No one in this part of the Nanoha series wants to kill any one or destroy anything. Kinda tricky and sneaky of Bandai-Namco to make a 2 part game series like this. Along with the writers of this 2 part story. EVIL XD.

Quote:
I made this image to explain things.

I hope it helps

This is probably by far the best to date timeline for the Examia and Yami no Sho. Since we will probably never get a clear understanding of some things, such as the little derp who corrupted the Yaten no Sho in the first place.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 23:34   Link #1658
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
This is probably by far the best to date timeline for the Examia and Yami no Sho. Since we will probably never get a clear understanding of some things, such as the little derp who corrupted the Yaten no Sho in the first place.
Somewhere in the multiverse, an evil old rat is snickering, until a Dragon hits him in the head and makes him get back to work.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:17   Link #1659
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Somewhere in the multiverse, an evil old rat is snickering, until a Dragon hits him in the head and makes him get back to work.
Yes, same old rat who is probably hiding out in Bandai-Namco right now.

Gah, survival in this game is interesting. First round of characters 23 in total, they are easy like heck. Second round, difficulty is ramped up and Nanoha by far is one of the hardest ones. Now third round, the difficulty is about the same and they all have augmentations. Fourth round...no idea....
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:18   Link #1660
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Now we add Keroko Georashi to this mix, and I have the last story to my quadrilogy.