AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-05, 00:26   Link #2821
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

MLB The Show 09 is a blast especially Road to the show. I'm rather very occupied with this game because now I think I got the ropes how to play... almost. There are so many controls to learn and many factors rely on a good luck. I was very lucky when I played it first, now the difficulty kicks in, every teams are kicking my team's ass. I constantly get stuck in difficult situations which I used to get out quite easily. It's not so easy now.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 12:39   Link #2822
amasposu

I started Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 days ago. I have put this game off for years because of the cheesy translation. Finally, I am going to beat it. T_T

I am on Episode 4 right now. I expect to beat it by tonight. =)
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 13:01   Link #2823
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Been playing Fallout 3 on a far more powerful computer and it's such a marked improvement. Will be playing Fallout: New Vegas afterwards, as I have that now, but I'm also looking into replaying Sonic: Unleashed, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and Sonic and the Black Knight.
Old 2012-01-06, 01:50   Link #2824
FrequentGamer
Nocturnal

im now playing only Monster Hunter Portable 3rd(in wich i got for x-mas and am already hr5 out of 6hr), cause my wii stoped working so no final fantasy or mario, and i beat corpse party and dont feel like playing it again.
and now im in process of writing a 150page game proposal of a game im hoping to play if they make it, 1-999lvls 1500+ missions, im on characters atm.
ohhh im playing zenonia on my ipod still, game is to addicing, i would be playing mhfu but psn screwed me over,deactivated my acct -.-

Last edited by FrequentGamer; 2012-01-06 at 01:53. Reason: none
FrequentGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 05:30   Link #2825
MetalCookie

I just finished playing Portal 2.
It took me forever to finish the game, so I had to look at some walkthroughs for some levels that I was stuck on.
Old 2012-01-06, 05:47   Link #2826
Alchemist007
*Author

Sonic generations, Fallout New vegas with a shitload of mods, Alpha Protocol.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:52   Link #2827
DuoRanger
Banned

Skyrim and Mechwarrior 2(using win7fix for 3dfx version)

after all these years this intro still epic
Spoiler:
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 15:43   Link #2828
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Finished Red Dead Redemption.

Goddamn...
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 21:19   Link #2829
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

PC: Little Busters and Witcher2
PS3: Catherine
Wii: Skyward Sword
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:15   Link #2830
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

PS3: Tekken TAG Tournament 2 Prologue. Quite used to the Devils, trying to master Alisa and Xiaoyu
PC: Homura Combat. A 3D action Madoka doujin-game quite fun and the number of enemies are just enormous
Old 2012-01-09, 00:08   Link #2831
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

PS3 - The iDOLM@STER 2 - Doing another play through and I don't know... my unit level seems even lower than before (at Level 11) and it was difficult since I shot up to the top 20 middle of the game, making the events harder to achieve. Already unlocked one of the festivals to compete for an award, but it's too difficult at this stage... not sure yet if I want to just start over and marathon to get where I was before... but whatever.

3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - Nothing to say about this game...
Old 2012-01-10, 14:37   Link #2832
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine MMO (actually in Japan, they are running the Gulty Crown stuff (clothes and weapons), I am telling you that this game is very underrated and if it was updated/cleared up and maybe a new company to take ownership of it, it could put alittle dent in the WoW armor. I have really enjoyed it alot.
Old 2012-01-10, 17:11   Link #2833
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

PC: The reason I hate Januarys I got Skyrim, Arkham City, SWTOR, and BF3 to finish up.
3DS: Mario Kart 7, Cave Story, Mario 3d, Pushmo, Radiant Historia, and a few more games from the original DS.

Only thing left is Uncharted 3, but I don't know when I'll get to that. And this only includes stuff I bought between October and December, I have a crapload of games in my backlog from before that also! I tells ya sometimes this hobby turns into a job.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 17:16   Link #2834
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
PC: The reason I hate Januarys I got Skyrim, Arkham City, SWTOR, and BF3 to finish up.
3DS: Mario Kart 7, Cave Story, Mario 3d, Pushmo, Radiant Historia, and a few more games from the original DS.

Only thing left is Uncharted 3, but I don't know when I'll get to that. And this only includes stuff I bought between October and December, I have a crapload of games in my backlog from before that also! I tells ya sometimes this hobby turns into a job.
Such is the cycle of gaming:

Old 2012-01-10, 21:05   Link #2835
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Skyrim has my full undivided attention. I have pretty much abandoned all MMOs I have been playing for this game. It's got all the immersion I need without the griefers, and complaining. Truly a great game with a great soundtrack. I have verbally cheered playing this game lol. I never do that.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 01:18   Link #2836
amasposu

I am finally going to beat Crisis Core. I have pushed this game off long enough.

Aerith's Japanese voice is so cute. I can't stop watching her cut-scenes. >_>;
Old 2012-01-12, 22:27   Link #2837
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiel View Post
Skyrim has my full undivided attention. I have pretty much abandoned all MMOs I have been playing for this game. It's got all the immersion I need without the griefers, and complaining. Truly a great game with a great soundtrack. I have verbally cheered playing this game lol. I never do that.
Aye, my whole guild in EQ2 has temporarily vanished to Skyrim &/or SW:TOR.
Old 2012-01-13, 02:37   Link #2838
amasposu

Finally beat Crisis Core. I am so touched by the ending. T_T

Screw Cloud. It is all about Zack; he is cool all the way until the very end. Poor Aerith. T_T

The Japanese voice actors did such a marvelous job, especially Aerith's voice actress. =)

Disagea 2 is my next game to beat.
Old 2012-01-13, 13:03   Link #2839
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Now playing Sengoku Rance.

This must be the most addictive game I have played ever since I got the original Civ back in the days. It has the same "just another turn" thing going. But it has even more appeal. There is so much to unlock! H scenes mostly, but also bonus characters and such. You can't get them all in one session.
I have started playing last weekend and have been at it every free minute since then. Finishing my 4th playthrough soon.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:20   Link #2840
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Been playing GTAIV on Steam for a while now.

Haven't finished yet, but my impressions so far:

• "Ein Zwei Drie..." Schweine!

• It's GTA. That means amazing music, world class production, realistic cityscape, sharp satire ("The Republican Space Rangers!") and the endless joy of cruising the night streets in a spiffy sports car with the radio turned up. In this aspect, it's better than ever. For the most part.

• Why "for the most part?" Because in the otherwise magnificent GTA experience there is the retarded traffic AI. You *cannot* be a responsible driver in this game. The motherfucker behind you will drive into your precious Turismo stopping responsibly in front of the red light. To which I tend to respond by trainer'ing in a rocket launcher and F'K THAT SHIT OVER. Oh, and driving on the sidewalk, or even parking on the sidewalk, will cause a cacophony of nosey drivers hollering their horns at 10 times a second, to which I also respond by trainer'ing in a rocket launcher and FU--

Sometimes I just wanna cruise, you know. Drive responsibility. Be a good citizen. Why can't I do that without packing a rocket launcher or break ten red lights a minute?

• I got sick of Niko's "I want money" attitude real soon. Some asshole who's got your cousin by the balls throws over a mission job, "I want money." Some shady bureaucrat type rants about terrorists, "I want money." A pedestrian asks for a favor, "I want money." A crooked cop waxed poetic about doing good in the world, "I want money." A friend invites him to "party" with the Mafia or some Russian gang, "I want money." WTF are you gonna do with all that money Niko? You've got two penthouses, fifty grand and only Perseus suits to spend on, a bunch of sick sport cars, and some revenge plot thing that kind of lurks in the background and doesn't really show up. The previous GTA games were paced better in regards to missions and reasons for them; even San Andreas' similar "I want money" part was based on C.J. and Cesar's desires to make something of themselves after getting pwned by Tenpenny and life. Oh, and the Vice City and San Andreas main characters got style (Claude is just mute and awesome). They were funnier, livelier, even if no less brutal than Mr. Stoic over here. Fuck you, Niko. I *don't* want money. This isn't God of War, I'm not supposed to hate my own character, 'kay? You want the American Dream? Go to college or start a business or something.

• I remember the reviews when it was first released praising the "immigrant story" versus the "cheesy crime dramas" that were the previous GTA's. I don't see it. The start, sure: Niko the war criminal from Serbia; Niko and Roman, livin' the hard life trying to make something of themselves. Then Niko starts killing random people for random people, "I want money" and shit, and this hardboiled Broken American Dream aspect gives way to, you guessed it, yet another crime drama.

• Many characters are just...messed up. Like everybody in town's got some serious issues going on, they're all on drugs, most are dry and hardass and needs to lighten up, while the funnier characters end up making you wanna shoot them in the face.

• I don't really enjoy the girlfriends part. I didn't enjoy it in San Andreas either. Bros hangin' out with bros, however, was really kind of a clever development.

Hey, does that say something about my sexuality?

• Anyway, on the Bros: Brucie's an asshole. I know he's supposed to be funny but he's way too worked up (I think it may have to do with my low tolerance for such boisterousness in real life). If he's supposed to replace geek-boy in San Andreas then he isn't doing a very good job. Roman's a sissy, but that's supposed to contrast with Niko so I suppose that's okay. Dwayne bores the hell out of me. Yes, yes, prison breaks you life, you're an old man suffering from PTSD, you remind Niko of himself and make him wanna hug you in homoerotic brotherhood. Now go shoot yourself you prison bitch.

I like Packie though. He's like Woozie in San Andreas, the "I'm cool in an ethnically stereotypical way."

Lil' Jacob is by far my favorite character in the whole saga. He's a bit like Cesar in San Andreas with heart, loyalty, friendship, and a sense that he's doing his best in his own way (if doing your best involves selling hard drugs and illegal weaponry anyway), but with more philosophy and a wicked accent. One love, Rasta. One love.

• The Michelle part didn't really hit me. Maybe because I didn't really date her at all, lol.

• I missed some interesting minigame elements from San Andreas, like the business thing (wouldn't that actually fit very well with the self-made immigrant story it wants to tell?) which I wanted expanded on, not removed or simplified. But there are still many new minigames to enjoy, though I want infinite (i.e. repeatable) races and darting is ridiculously easy.

So, err, I guess I've got a lot to complain these days. Isn't it such an American thing to do? Well at least it's fun blasting Russian mafia for fun and profit, causing a major terrorist incident in the heart of Star Junction, and cruising around Algonquin with Radio Broker on max volume. That's something that GTA since that groundbreaking third title always succeed to be so much fun at, with no other open world game could even come close. For as cheap as I got it it is a lot of fun so far.

Except I don't fucking want money, Niko.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote