AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 22:22   Link #7361
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Master Mavis.... loool.... laughed so hard... so she is really a fairy... or just a spirit??

great to see how Raven Tail already look for trouble with Fairy Tail...
and also.. the other guilds got many moe members.... hmm... *moe radar activated*

too bad I can't see Wendy until final round.... *sigh*
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 22:25   Link #7362
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Mavis could just be concern about what happen to #2 and decided to keep a closer eye on the kids.
Old 2012-01-20, 22:59   Link #7363
sergel02

Hopefully we're see some actual action next chapter.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 05:31   Link #7364
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Hopefully we're see some actual action next chapter.
What is it with people and only wanting action action action all the time?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 05:38   Link #7365
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Heh, our #1 Loli Wendy is down n out so Master Mavis comes in to fulfill our Loli requirement. XD What a great Master. And cute too. And she's all 'dur, y so serious' about their reactions as well.

Looks like the major line-up's gonna be Fairy vs Raven it Natsu has anythinig to say about it.
Old 2012-01-21, 07:46   Link #7366
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I kno right? Personally I want more commedy with elfman.
Old 2012-01-21, 11:07   Link #7367
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Didn't expect to see Mavis, lol. I somehow think she knows something, and wants to be here to witness it. To find out something. Though I keep expecting someone to question her on what she thinks about Hades real source of magic. If it were me, I'd ask, "Is he right? What is the origin of magic? Do you know?" I don't think anyone will ask, though, which will be a bit of a plot point that bugs me. I presume Mashima wants to keep that little secret for awhile.

Quatro Cerberus, eh? Aaaaaand we have our Red Shirt guild. Expect to see them trounced by someone. Either a guild like Sabertooth to showcase how badass they are, or Fairy Tail to showcase that FT is worthy of competition (or else they'll squeak by a win making their enemies scoff at them).

All female guild Mermaid Heel? I didn't think Mermaids had heels. ButI am dubbing the woman on the left, "Spider Woman." Waiting to see if she shoots webs...

Blue Pegasus has added a rabbit. Okay. I'm kinda expecting them to get curbstomped. At least Mr. Parfum will get curbstomped.

Lamia scale, that was obvious, too. Leon(no Sherry? That mames me sadface), Jura, Toby and the guildmaster's granddaughter, Sheilla. Should be interesting. Sheilla is also Sherry's/Shelly's sister? So Sherry/Shelly is a granddaughter of the guildmaster, too? And which way is that name spelled? I thought it was Sherry. Am partially expecting Lamia Scale to get beat down to showcase the baddass-ness of a guild like Sabertooth (or the mystery guild). Although shonen tropes would expect Leon and Gray to match up on something, and for Gray to win.

Raven Tail was expected. So they have become an official guild. And Ewan(Wasn't it supposed to be Ivan?) has been waiting for this day? Hmm, should be interesting. What do they have in mind?

And I guess we'll get the two new guilds next chapter, of which one has to be Sabertooth. And my guess is that the other guild will be one we haven't seen before, either.

My other speculation, is that perhaps this other guild will be revealed to be the main antagonists of the arc. Perhaps in such a way that will force the Sabertooth DS's to team up with FT's DS's. Wendy WILL be available for the final tournament event, sooo... *dun dun duuuuun*

One other bit of speculation I had... Rogue and Sting only think they are real DS's, and they only think they killed a real dragon. I'm betting some (small) amount of money they may have been tricked or manipulated in some way, to only think they had a dragon parent. If so, I'm betting that reveal will happen this arc, and in the end, we'll still be left with Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy as the only 3 real DS's.

Other than that... kinda wish some of the names could be consistent. Do we have official English spells? Ivan/Ewan or Sherry/Shelly or Leon/Lyon?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 12:08   Link #7368
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Other than that... kinda wish some of the names could be consistent. Do we have official English spells? Ivan/Ewan or Sherry/Shelly or Leon/Lyon?
Yes, Hiro Mashima has provided official English translations for each name. As of the latest English translation by Kodansha (taking over from Del Ray, who also had input), the names you mentioned are spelled:

"Ivan" (apparently Del Ray originally translated it as "Iwan" since it is spelled イワン (Iwan) in Japanese, but his latest appearance in the new Kodansha translation calls him Ivan, which I assume would be pronounced "ee-VAHN," like a Russian name)

"Lyon" (if it were "Leon," it would be spelled レオン (Reon), not リオン (Rion); if you were to watch the Funimation dub of the anime, it is pronounced "lee-OWN," kind of giving it a romantic language flair, just to distinguish it from "LEE-on")

"Sherry" (since her name is シェリー (Sherii) in Japanese, it's most likely a simple case of R's vs. L's)

People are just inconsistent when it comes to romanizing names, especially fan translators like the ones who translate most of the manga you see online, despite the fact that these official English translations exist; they either don't know about them or think that their names sound better the way they do it. Some people today still call Jellal "Gerard," because it's a real name that's written as ジェラール (Jeraaru) in Japanese, like his name.

Then again, apparently Hiro Mashima provided the names "Ur" and "Ultear, the tear of Ur." Considering some names are being revised by Kodansha, hopefully they'll rectify the situation and change Ur's name to Ul (since Ultear's name is still the same), because apparently Funimation did their take of the name in the English dub of the anime by keeping Ur's name and changing Ultear's name to "Urtear" (it's cool as long as the meaning of her name is the same). After all, Kodansha is also responsible for distributing the manga in Japanese, so there's no way they wouldn't have contact with Hiro Mashima.

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-01-21 at 12:31.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 12:50   Link #7369
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Thanks for the info immblueversion, I still use whichever name comes to mind, imo as long as people know who we're talking about, there's no problem.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 14:24   Link #7370
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Wait, we weren't just mocking him when we were calling him "Jellal"?
Old 2012-01-21, 15:27   Link #7371
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Wait, we weren't just mocking him when we were calling him "Jellal"?
I always called him Gerald when I wanted to mock him.

On an entirely unrelated note: Sherry's little sister is Kaname Madoka?
Old 2012-01-21, 15:29   Link #7372
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And I guess we'll get the two new guilds next chapter, of which one has to be Sabertooth. And my guess is that the other guild will be one we haven't seen before, either.

My other speculation, is that perhaps this other guild will be revealed to be the main antagonists of the arc. Perhaps in such a way that will force the Sabertooth DS's to team up with FT's DS's. Wendy WILL be available for the final tournament event, sooo... *dun dun duuuuun*.
Tartaros, I call it now! Sabertooth will bit the dust and learn a bit about being less arrogant.

Quote:
One other bit of speculation I had... Rogue and Sting only think they are real DS's, and they only think they killed a real dragon. I'm betting some (small) amount of money they may have been tricked or manipulated in some way, to only think they had a dragon parent. If so, I'm betting that reveal will happen this arc, and in the end, we'll still be left with Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy as the only 3 real DS's.
I think they killed their parents only because a parent won't dare to hurt their children, yeah, Rogue and Sting are heartless jerks.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 16:46   Link #7373
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Tartaros, I call it now! Sabertooth will bit the dust and learn a bit about being less arrogant.
Tartaros would have to stop being a dark guild too, you know. And we have no way of knowing how the remaining dark guilds will manage themselves without Tartaros.

Old 2012-01-21, 17:59   Link #7374
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Raven Tail went legit in a pretty shady way, so anything goes, right? Btw what's the new council doing...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 18:11   Link #7375
superbeerchan

Guys, take a look at the title for next chapter.

"Special Punks B Team"

Which is very close to Makarov's description of his Fairy Tail members.
Its gonna be Team Laxus, with the Raijin Tribe trio and most likely Gajeel.
It's very unlikely that Gajeel is in Raven Tail, because Pantherlily hasn't been seen lately, and I don't see him approving of RT at all.

Last edited by superbeerchan; 2012-01-21 at 18:20. Reason: typos
superbeerchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 18:51   Link #7376
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Don't put words into my mouth. Most of the anime i watch aren't action ones, and i hate when action scenes go on forever. I'm just excited to see how everyone has grown with their powers and I'm anticipating the new folk' skills too.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 19:10   Link #7377
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I want to see Psycho Girl from RT in action.

Meredy still my fav though.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 20:04   Link #7378
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbeerchan View Post
Guys, take a look at the title for next chapter.

"Special Punks B Team"

Which is very close to Makarov's description of his Fairy Tail members.
Its gonna be Team Laxus, with the Raijin Tribe trio and most likely Gajeel.
It's very unlikely that Gajeel is in Raven Tail, because Pantherlily hasn't been seen lately, and I don't see him approving of RT at all.
That was something that did cross my mind but then thought even with Laxus I couldn't see the others breaking away from the guild to form their own.

Altho I can't say enough how much I'd love to see Laxus and the Raijin and Mirajane form a team(instead of Gajeel), that would be down right awesome!
Old 2012-01-21, 20:16   Link #7379
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbeerchan View Post
It's as unlikely for Gajeel to be with Raven Tail as it is likely.

All we know is that Gajeel has been spying on Raven Tail, Raven Tail thinks he's spying on Fairy Tail, Makarov sent him on this mission in the first place, and neither of them have told anyone else about it. Now Gajeel is missing, as is Lily, and Makarov is concerned.

Maybe Makarov sent him to do an errand relating to Raven Tail. Maybe Gajeel is acting on his own accord without Makarov's knowledge. Maybe he really did betray Fairy Tail over those three months. Maybe Lily is off doing something to support him if Gajeel is acting out of Fairy Tail's best interest. Maybe Gajeel still hasn't told him about it and left him for some unknown reason. Or maybe absolutely none of what's going to happen is related to what we're talking about. In fact, maybe Gajeel isn't even anywhere near the event grounds.

My point is, until we see exactly what he's been up to, we have no reason to believe anything is impossible. We're just speculating on things based on what comes to mind when it comes to Gajeel and Raven Tail.

Old 2012-01-21, 21:48   Link #7380
MechR

Quote:
and the guildmaster's granddaughter, Sheilla. Should be interesting. Sheilla is also Sherry's/Shelly's sister? So Sherry/Shelly is a granddaughter of the guildmaster, too?
I don't think the master is actually Shellia's grandmother. It's more like how Natsu calls Makarov "gramps" (Jii-chan).
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen