AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 31 43.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-13, 20:44   Link #41
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Because they ignored that student in the first term everything seemed to proceed well, there were no incidents, accidents or violent deaths from April to June (1st term). So basically the dead one just co-existed with them in class. But when he forced them to admit to his existence at the start of the 2nd term (september) he made the curse kick in...only later than expected.
Yeah but when he said the Asakura Mami was on the roster from april until june 1996 I took that as meaning that she wasn't on it starting July.If she was on the roster all year long why didn't he say "Asakura Mami was on the roster in 1996"?

So why did the curse kick in if the "another" left?
Old 2012-02-13, 20:51   Link #42
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not sure whether Sakakibara is the another or not, but I think it's clear that his and everyone else's memories have been altered, and that he DID come to the town a couple years back. While his father wasn't affected by it at first, I'd say talking to Kouichi triggered this "memory correction response". I'm surprised that I was once again on the ball with this "memory correction response" thing. Meaning that when the memories of two people are inconsistent, one or both people would alter their own memories to make their stories add up again.

There is something else though. I think what they meant to say was, not that Sakakibara transferring in caused the "one-seat-short" problem, but rather, the class population increased by one at the same time as Sakakibara transferring in.
Old 2012-02-13, 20:54   Link #43
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I'm really glad we got the troll scene, even if it was a fake-out. That was pretty awesome.

With all the focus this week on "is there any way to stop it", this is a tantalizing theory. I think it was Reiko that stopped the curse, but she either can't, or doesn't want to remember how she did it. The possibility that pulling a proton pack on the "dead" person is an option to end this phenomenon (note, not "curse"; no malice is involved, and makes the dead person technically an innocent) could also lead to a difficult choice for one or both members of the non-existent club. I wonder if it's worth noting that Reiko says she can't remember if it was the calamity that killed Ritsuko, or if it was... something else.
depending on when she actually die that year, the Another could have been Ritusko. Died in childbirth, want to see her son, etc. And Reiko was the one who sent her back.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-02-13 at 21:43.
Old 2012-02-13, 20:54   Link #44
Dark Wing

Another...great episode if I do say so myself...

Well we finally get some well need info on the curse and how it was started apparently the old teacher let denial of that dead boy go on unchecked the first time around and let the door to the nether world open in that classroom.

I got a good laugh out of Kouichi's daydream about Mei I do wonder if he would be able to somehow get his dad to let her come back to Tokyo with them. I mean mom doesn't seem to be that attached to her anyway.

Also it seems one can leave town to avoid the curse as explained by the old teacher.

Next episode yet Another death and this time it doesn't seem to be the curse at work.
Old 2012-02-13, 20:54   Link #45
Kirarakim

Quote:
How it was possible for him to remember and put her name down on paper is something we have to consider for ourselves for now.
Yes this confused me but as I don't think the series would make such an obvious slip up, it seems the fact that the librarian can remember (or at least claims he does) is an important clue in the mystery.
Old 2012-02-13, 21:07   Link #46
sa547
*Author

This episode was made of win, a superb smorgasbord appropriate for celebrating Valentine's, what with a combination of a fantasy scene, some questions about the "class rules" answered, and a terrifying concluding scene echoing real-life school rampages (shades of Columbine and other tragedies).

If the novel were to be published in English, I'll not be surprised if it includes a foreword by Stephen King (who already praised Koshun Takami's Battle Royale).

And Kouichi X Mei... in the running as the best pairing of the season.

One more thing: the fantasy scene is, in a way, definitely a shoutout to Britney Spears' Baby One More Time .
Old 2012-02-13, 21:29   Link #47
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
depending on when she actually die that year, the Another could have been Ritusko. Died in childbirth, want o see her son, etc. And Reiko was the one who sent her back.
That would be something because it seems like only people who didn't graduate come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Yes this confused me but as I don't think the series would make such an obvious slip up, it seems the fact that the librarian can remember (or at least claims he does) is an important clue in the mystery.
Not really sure but didn't he say he isn't connected to class 3 anymore so the curse doesn't affect him.
Old 2012-02-13, 21:46   Link #48
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Congrats to the ff:

> Those who guessed right that <old>Misaki is male
> Those who wished for the KouXMei shipping(now sailing)
> Those who got dates this 14(like me).
Old 2012-02-13, 21:49   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
One more thing: the fantasy scene is, in a way, definitely a shoutout to Britney Spears' Baby One More Time .
Wasn't that one year later in 1999 ?
Old 2012-02-13, 21:50   Link #50
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
The song genre and Mei's moves reminded me more of the Pulp Fiction dance scene
Old 2012-02-13, 22:00   Link #51
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome episode. That little daydream was hilarious. He's got a good imagination, and good taste!

As for everything else... ohhh boy. I'm going in loops here. And I have so many 1's and 0's in my head from school that I can't piece anything together. >.<
Old 2012-02-13, 22:09   Link #52
Allium
Keep on keeping on

That was a very good episode again, with more hints and information about the infamous class 3 being dropped here and there, especially during Kouichi and Mei's discussion with the librarian. In addition, the scene during which Kouichi telephones his father kind of reinforces the idea that he might be one of the 'another.' I also have a feeling that Aunt Reiko is somehow connected to the 'curse.' The bird's acts and Kouichi's grandparents' reactions add more to the possibility.

The ballroom-dancing scene was hilarious. Even in his state, Kouichi still has something of that sort in mind, but he can't be blamed anyway...

The homeroom teacher has apparently snapped - it could be the curse at work, and things don't look good for the class from the preview.
Old 2012-02-13, 22:19   Link #53
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

While not exactly a bad episode, the fact that I barely remember the male character's name after all this time kind of hurts my opinion (nothing stands out about the guy in ANY way). Atmosphere was okay, comedy was okay, and the cliffhanger is okay, but it's not really as good as the previous episodes. The interaction was decent too. But that's pretty much all I got out of this episode.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-02-13, 22:35   Link #54
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Nope. It's Asakura Mami and Akazawa Izumi, they may have a similar ring when you don't have them side by side but they are two completely differet names, especially when written.
Ok thanks for clearing that up
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-13, 22:40   Link #55
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Very good episode. I like the fact that now that there's no reason to hold back from Kouichi, he's started to be given explanations, yet that those explanations still leave the door open for more to happen.

1. Evidently, the point of the remaining six episodes should be to stop the curse (er, "calamity," since the librarian specifically said "it's not a curse") from happening and claiming any more lives than it has to.

Spoiler for Spoilery stuff from Ep. 6:
Old 2012-02-13, 22:51   Link #56
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Yeah but when he said the Asakura Mami was on the roster from april until june 1996 I took that as meaning that she wasn't on it starting July.If she was on the roster all year long why didn't he say "Asakura Mami was on the roster in 1996"?

So why did the curse kick in if the "another" left?
That was actually a pretty grave mistake done by the translator. The original line was 「ところだが、一昨年の四月から翌三月の間そうじゃなかったのだ。」 or in English "That was the case but during the time from April the year before least until the following March it wasn't.". I actually don't know how you confuse 三月 (sangatsu) and 六月 (rokugatsu), but I'll say he or she was probably stressed out. It's just very annoying in a series like this.

On another note, did anybody else notice the name on the top of 1996's class roster?
Spoiler for screenshot:

赤沢和馬 男 夜見山市紅月町1-1 10月1日 事(故) : Akazawa Kazuma - Male - Yomiyama Kouzuki Block 1-1 - October 1st Accident(?). Considering that in the 1998 roster Akazawa has the same adress we can assume a brother?
Old 2012-02-13, 22:55   Link #57
justsomeguy

LOL, it's nice to see that Koichi really does think about trolling the class. Good job, writer.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-02-13, 23:04   Link #58
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That little imagine spot made me day. Mei having some life in her certainly helps too. Which begs the question of why they shouldn't they troll the class? Oh people dying and all. :S Slow pacing, but highly enjoyable as I watch these two not existing, but actually existing.

As for the teacher at the end, he's acting like someone that got trolled on an online forum. Well, paranoia fill indeed; someone's gonna bite the dust really soon.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-02-13, 23:36   Link #59
Jimmy C

A thought occurs to me. Perhaps the calamity can't interfere with phone calls. But it can mess with your memories of the conversation.
Old 2012-02-14, 00:01   Link #60
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
That was actually a pretty grave mistake done by the translator. The original line was 「ところだが、一昨年の四月から翌三月の間そうじゃなかったのだ。」 or in English "That was the case but during the time from April the year before least until the following March it wasn't.". I actually don't know how you confuse 三月 (sangatsu) and 六月 (rokugatsu), but I'll say he or she was probably stressed out. It's just very annoying in a series like this.
Thanks for the clarification,darn translator,it's already hard enough to figure things out without having to deal with mistakes.

Quote:
Considering that in the 1998 roster Akazawa has the same adress we can assume a brother?
Nice catch,we can assume brother though the fact he's still listed in the records should put him out of the running for being the "another".
However it might explain why Izumi seemed to be familiar with the situation from 2 years ago,maybe her brother broke the rules and talked to her about it.