AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-11, 15:45   Link #3461
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc9988 View Post
Hello, in hoshizora no memoria does anyone know what Komomo said in the end of her route? The one with no text and just voice where the background was white with ~Fin~. Thanks..
Kore kara wa zutto saki ni tomo ga aru ... We will live from now on forever together. Or something along that line. If I had to guess, I think it refers more to Kosame and Komomo-chan due to how the ending around the twins was resolved .

I finished Rio's route on DracuXRiot. First the non-spoilers: As expected my created subtitle of her being the "dere dere" route was very fitting . For a change Yuuto wasn't useless romance-wise and the chemistry between those to was quite sweet. Their common background may be plot related, but from a romance point of view you might as well call it "destiny" ^^.

Furthermore, I found Miu did an adorable job as a supporting character and her usual embarrased moments when Erina leads the conversation were very amusing. Although it was shown that each member cares much about Yuuto, it felt here that Miu's level of worry/care was somewhat higher, not counting the main girl obviously.

Random point of interest: The character animation that looks as if the character would sligtly jump/hop up and down (for the female cast) is absolutely adorable.

Spoiler for Rio:
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 17:59   Link #3462
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenken View Post
Well, I'm more surprised with Shiro being totally nuts here ajajaa

And the little confusion about Wolfgang's gender.
Shiro has always been nuts if you realize...
Old 2012-04-12, 02:02   Link #3463
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I finished Rio's route on DracuXRiot. First the non-spoilers: As expected my created subtitle of her being the "dere dere" route was very fitting . For a change Yuuto wasn't useless romance-wise and the chemistry between those to was quite sweet. Their common background may be plot related, but from a romance point of view you might as well call it "destiny" ^^.
Indeed, ain't that the truth. While I still hold Erina's as the superior route overall, this was certainly a factor that made Rio's route a very relaxing experience (especially compared to Miu's ... present shopping ... aargh!). The overall lovey-doviness and Yuuto actually displaying a sense of awareness and ability to be somewhat romantic was very welcome, and made for an overall sugar overdose.

Quote:
Furthermore, I found Miu did an adorable job as a supporting character and her usual embarrased moments when Erina leads the conversation were very amusing. Although it was shown that each member cares much about Yuuto, it felt here that Miu's level of worry/care was somewhat higher, not counting the main girl obviously.
To follow up on that thought, this is actually one thing I have come to appreciate about Dracu Riot - even when you are one someone's route, the other main heroines (Miu and Erina at least) still have their own little, but important, input upon how things play out.

Spoiler for general plot mussings:

Indeed, having the others play important roles in the overall scheme of things, even when not on their own route, is definitely a strength of Dracu Riot, and it does well in establishing the friendship/bond between the little dorm gang.

Quote:
Spoiler for Rio:
Spoiler for Rio / some Miu:

So ... yeah. If there is one advice I'd give to anyone planning to read Dracu Riot, it would be to not touch Rio's route until you are done with Miu. While not crucial, I feel it allows a good deal more appreciation for the events taking place during Rio's route.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2012-04-12 at 03:12.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:49   Link #3464
Balzac
Assistant Professor

In the case of Ogi-sensei, either that, or:
Spoiler for Dracu-riot, Azusa:
The routes may also be grouped amongst Miu/Erina and Rio/Azusa. The former deals with retaining the vampire germ while the latter explores how it is removed.

It might also be argued that Miu's route serves as the "must-read first" route seeing as there are few major revelations related to the "plot" that are present there, unlike the major scraps that only appear exclusively in the other routes.
Old 2012-04-12, 10:16   Link #3465
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
In the case of Ogi-sensei, either that, or:
Spoiler for Dracu-riot, Azusa:
The routes may also be grouped amongst Miu/Erina and Rio/Azusa. The former deals with retaining the vampire germ while the latter explores how it is removed.

It might also be argued that Miu's route serves as the "must-read first" route seeing as there are few major revelations related to the "plot" that are present there, unlike the major scraps that only appear exclusively in the other routes.
Leaves the question where Mrs. Reverse Trap fits into this scheme .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
(especially compared to Miu's ... present shopping ... aargh!
X_X Don't remind me. The job-related couple-faking afterwards wasn't really better in that regard . It feels like the developer realized themselves he's too stupid and quickly added some inner conflict for himself (1. dream conversation with himself about snatching Miu away to claim her for himself, 2. his "sudden" fear that Miu wouldn't accept him and his inner "demon")

Time to finish Azusa's route before I devote myself to Mashiro-iro Mutsu no Hana (and more if I find something that picks my interest) .
Old 2012-04-12, 13:38   Link #3466
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I finally have the time to start Natsuyume Nagisa and my first impressions of the entire prologue seems positive. I like the mystery surrounding Nagisa's past due to his amnesia and i have no idea yet how the 3 girls that he recently met are connected to Nagisa and the girl (according to the opening movie Ayumu) from his past.
However the prologue/common route does have a very slow start (also it felt pretty short, because it was pretty much only used to introduce 4 heroines) and it gives me the impression that the overall mood of the story seems much lighter than Hatsuyuki Sakura (an amnesia compared to revenge and ghosts).

So far Hitsuji (a pretty good performance from Goto Mai) seems the most interesting of the first 4 heroines and i will probably aim for her first.

edit: Seeing that some people compared it with HatsuSaku, i probably should expect something depressing or in the best case something bitter sweet at the end of each route

Last edited by hyl; 2012-04-12 at 13:50.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 13:56   Link #3467
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Finished Azusa's route in Draco-Riot.
Well, I admit firstly that I didn't understand (language barrier-wise) much of the main story in the second half. With that being said, her route was okay-ish. I felt it wasn't super exciting, but it had in comparion with the other routes a different character screen time distribution .

Romance-wise: A slow start and a more or less steady progression afterwards. You might think the deal about HumanXVampire relationship would have been somewhat more critical, but that wasn't quite the case.

Spoiler for Azusa route:

So overall her route wasn't really bad or unenjoyable, but still not as awesome as Erina's or as cute as Rio's. Erina > Rio >= Miu > Azusa for me. As I value fluff and sugary moments more for my total entertainment, Rio's was slightly more satisfying than Miu's (who was the only driving factor in the relationship, but with a great performance as such), but not as to say "generally better or superior"!
Yes, I admit that Erina came somehow as a surprise because I tend to be wary with pervy characters, even though the ero-girl archetype does seem to be a rare case among the VNs I've played.

I put Nikola on hold for the time being despite of resulting that I don't really have a VN, which would absolutely wake my interest, to play at the moment D:.
Old 2012-04-13, 15:18   Link #3468
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Erina > Rio >= Miu > Azusa for me.
I'm not done with Azusa yet, but from what I'm seeing so far, I would rank the routes in the same manner. Erina seems like the clear winner both personality wise and route plot wise; there wasn't much to dislike about her route (aside from slightly over-scaled drama near the end, but not as bad as can be seen in other routes), and it managed to deliver a lot of good things at the same time.

Meanwhile, it feels like Miu got the short end of the stick as far as the content of her route goes. I absolutely love her as a character (still can't decide between her and Erina in terms of my favorite Dracu Riot heroine ), but her route ... simply isn't very good or memorable. It felt lacking a proper theme or noteworthy focus for the most part (unless we count Yuuto's uselessness on the romance front ... did I mention she also gets the most annoying romance plot ?), and then suddenly degenerated into overly exaggerated drama near the end with some completely over the top developments.

Rio's route on the other hand was simple and fluffy, which suits her character just fine. And they played upon those strengths quite well - a sweet and easy to digest experience; it might not have been very ambitious and thus didn't have the emotional punch and overall tension of Erina's route, but that also means it never had the opportunity to fall on it's face either (unlike Miu's route). It also helps that romance wise Yuuto managed himself surprisingly well.

So ... yeah. As much as I like Miu, I can't help but feel that she loses to Rio as an overall package. Miu >> Rio, but Rio + Rio's plot => Miu + Miu's plot, unfortunate as that might be :/
Old 2012-04-13, 20:15   Link #3469
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Please not. The only saving grace of Hitomi's route was the ending. The rest was nothing more than huge mistreatment of her
Spoiler for Ending:

Quote:
I would much prefer a Crescendo anime .
I agree. Hope they maintain the original art and story.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:00   Link #3470
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I'm not done with Azusa yet, but from what I'm seeing so far, I would rank the routes in the same manner. Erina seems like the clear winner both personality wise and route plot wise; there wasn't much to dislike about her route (aside from slightly over-scaled drama near the end, but not as bad as can be seen in other routes), and it managed to deliver a lot of good things at the same time.

Meanwhile, it feels like Miu got the short end of the stick as far as the content of her route goes. I absolutely love her as a character (still can't decide between her and Erina in terms of my favorite Dracu Riot heroine ), but her route ... simply isn't very good or memorable. It felt lacking a proper theme or noteworthy focus for the most part (unless we count Yuuto's uselessness on the romance front ... did I mention she also gets the most annoying romance plot ?), and then suddenly degenerated into overly exaggerated drama near the end with some completely over the top developments.

Rio's route on the other hand was simple and fluffy, which suits her character just fine. And they played upon those strengths quite well - a sweet and easy to digest experience; it might not have been very ambitious and thus didn't have the emotional punch and overall tension of Erina's route, but that also means it never had the opportunity to fall on it's face either (unlike Miu's route). It also helps that romance wise Yuuto managed himself surprisingly well.

So ... yeah. As much as I like Miu, I can't help but feel that she loses to Rio as an overall package. Miu >> Rio, but Rio + Rio's plot => Miu + Miu's plot, unfortunate as that might be :/
I blame the annoying romance at Miu's tsundere and Yuuto's donkan. Well my hatred against that arc-type is a bit biased

But for some weird reason when a tsundere is voiced by Ringo (Sayo in dracu-riot) I kinda like it.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:15   Link #3471
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Ending:
Hitomi VN was never heavy on the romance, I would dare to say. Even the route of the classmate wasn't that "normal", iirc. Then again it's been many month since I played it, so my memory is hazy.
Spoiler for ending:

Likewise with Crescendo. From a romance pov, there was a lot of anxiety (not necessarily a bad thing, though) in *most* of the routes, especially Ayame and Yuka. IMHO, the most normal route was Kyoko's.

@Dracu-Riot - Miu: I can see the dissatisfaction with her late-game drama, but for me it was, despite being overblown, quite entertaining (if only for the last CG after it was resolved ). Maybe I just appreciate dramas that don't give me the urge to punch my screen or make me want to strangle the MC in annoyance .

Still enjoying Mashiro-iro PSP. Of course, Airi is and has remained as my must-have route to complete first (while skipping through all of Sana's b1tching) . The common route changes felt nice, even though Yuzuki seems a bit getting-used-to at first.
Old 2012-04-14, 12:14   Link #3472
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
I blame the annoying romance at Miu's tsundere and Yuuto's donkan. Well my hatred against that arc-type is a bit biased

But for some weird reason when a tsundere is voiced by Ringo (Sayo in dracu-riot) I kinda like it.
I honestly don't think Miu can be classified as tsundere, she is actually quite straightforward with showing her affection and intentions. (And this is coming from someone who hates the tsundere archetype with a passion intense enough to rival a star going supernova ).
Spoiler for Miu:

Quote:
@Dracu-Riot - Miu: I can see the dissatisfaction with her late-game drama, but for me it was, despite being overblown, quite entertaining (if only for the last CG after it was resolved ). Maybe I just appreciate dramas that don't give me the urge to punch my screen or make me want to strangle the MC in annoyance
The issue I had with Miu's late route drama was how poorly it was built up. It borderline came out of the blue and didn't really feel connected to what the route had been about up to that point. It didn't make me want to punch my screen, not even close (thankfully, I'm quite fond of my screen ), but it certainly stirred the urge to shake my head in disbelief.

Spoiler for Miu's plot:
Old 2012-04-15, 01:09   Link #3473
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Wow, I almost forgot, this is like my tenth anniversary of visual novel reading (never can remember the exact day, but I do know it was in April 2002). I can't believe how much time has passed

Ah, here's to a silent toast for myself. To ten years of bishoujos and slapsticks!

*waiting patiently for the next game to fall under my scrutiny*
Old 2012-04-15, 02:13   Link #3474
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Time sure flies.....

Been...wow, 5 years since I read Ef....the first Japanese thing I ever read alongside the Shana LNs...

I can't believe Ef is actually getting old...feels so weird
Old 2012-04-15, 14:11   Link #3475
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I honestly don't think Miu can be classified as tsundere, she is actually quite straightforward with showing her affection and intentions. (And this is coming from someone who hates the tsundere archetype with a passion intense enough to rival a star going supernova ).
Spoiler for Miu:
Received the game earlier this week so now I can actually participate!

I'm actually not sure if I would call Miu a tsundere or not. I can see why some would see her that way, but I can also see why you would say she isn't. Incidentally, I haven't made it to the end of the route yet, so can only speak about what I've seen so far (I'm guessing I may be 2/3 of the way through?)

Spoiler for Dracuriot; Miu's Personality/Route:
All in all, my impression of the game so far is that I like the characters and the interactions, but as I suspected I'm not as interested by the plot/setting as I was for some of the previous Yuzusoft games. Also, the "vampire power" part of the plot (particularly Yuuto's ability) reminds me a lot of Kamikaze Explorer, but I guess that makes sense given that it's a lot of the same writers. I think my favourite character in the game so far is actually Erina, but we'll see if that changes by the time I've finished everything. All in all, my initial ranking would say this is a solid "base hit" for Yuzusoft -- maybe not an all-time great, but definitely solid and recommendable (particularly if you look more for fun characters than "serious plot" -- there is a plot, but I'd say it's not the star).
Old 2012-04-15, 15:00   Link #3476
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Received the game earlier this week so now I can actually participate!
Spoiler for Dracuriot; Miu's Personality/Route:
All in all, my impression of the game so far is that I like the characters and the interactions, but as I suspected I'm not as interested by the plot/setting as I was for some of the previous Yuzusoft games. Also, the "vampire power" part of the plot (particularly Yuuto's ability) reminds me a lot of Kamikaze Explorer, but I guess that makes sense given that it's a lot of the same writers. I think my favourite character in the game so far is actually Erina, but we'll see if that changes by the time I've finished everything. All in all, my initial ranking would say this is a solid "base hit" for Yuzusoft -- maybe not an all-time great, but definitely solid and recommendable (particularly if you look more for fun characters than "serious plot" -- there is a plot, but I'd say it's not the star).
Spoiler for Miu:

Other than that, I'm not surprised you like Erina - as has been said before, she and Miu rather stand out among the rest of the cast indeed. If your experience follows mine, you will like her route as well - it certainly did a better job at exploring the characters and making me feel for them than Miu's route did, not to mention a plot with better pacing and consistency to it's themes.

Will be interesting to see what you think of some of the final developments (plot wise) of Miu's route.
Old 2012-04-15, 16:21   Link #3477
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

IMHO:
The strong point of Erina's route is that it managed to build up a balanced mix of humour and seriousness/drama, even though the latter part would be debatable .
Whereas Miu's route tried to be too serious and/or uneasyness-creating. Common words in her route: Doutei , urusai, hetare. To put it friendly, if not for Miu's adorable character, I dare to say her route wouldn't be "worth" it. She's the initator of the relationship + the main voice of reason for Yuuto (during the drama).

A non-spoiler opinion about her "extra story" aka let's-find-a-reason-to-give-ecchi-without-being-too-obvious: OMG what a pain in the behind. Good job Yuuto for being even there romantically-useless. Yes, I mostly ctrl-skipped through it. I mean, would it have really been too much to give them a cute non-donkan, non-BS rabu-rabu time in her extra story? Exaggerated, it felt like a small part died inside of me
Old 2012-04-16, 05:53   Link #3478
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I just realized I should try Eden* some time....Minori work has to be good.

Anyone played?
Old 2012-04-16, 06:10   Link #3479
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Someone else can answer better because I slept through the majority of reading that...

At least it was pretty.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:01   Link #3480
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Will be interesting to see what you think of some of the final developments (plot wise) of Miu's route.
Finished it last night (though I really shouldn't have stayed up that late ).

Spoiler for Dracu-Riot; Miu's Route Ending:

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel