AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-24, 10:24   Link #121
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Someone's getting jealous Sumeragi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ I knew he couldn't restrain his dere side for much longer.
I am not being dere! What the hell do you think I am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Pics or didn't happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
You must do what you feel is right, of course.

Endless "Channeling Obi Wan" Soul
Are you guys crazy? Stop giving her suggestions!

If she finds her secretaries wearing skirts to be very appealing, she might make her entire staff roll, male or female, wear skirts to work!

Quote:
Seriously though, you are comfortable wearing a suit every day at work?
I do too, and in a tropical country where I have to run around to meet people, I hate it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-24, 10:30   Link #122
EroKing

Yes I can guess her reaction being "A SaintessHeart in a skirt is fine too"
Old 2012-04-24, 11:06   Link #123
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Seriously though, you are comfortable wearing a suit every day at work?
Yep, it's very comfortable. I'm a person who wore pants in middle school because I didn't like skirts, although I was forced to wear a navy blue seirafuku in high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am not being dere! What the hell do you think I am?
You are my twin otouto.

Quote:
Are you guys crazy? Stop giving her suggestions!
I'm always open to suggestion, however.....

Quote:
If she finds her secretaries wearing skirts to be very appealing, she might make her entire staff roll, male or female, wear skirts to work!
Eh, I'm not the head of the company, so I can't make such directives. That's a nice thought though

Quote:
Yes I can guess her reaction being "A SaintessHeart in a skirt is fine too"
Correct.
Old 2012-04-24, 11:09   Link #124
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Given the nature of the topic, perhaps it's best to expand this into a discussion of fashion in general. Too much of the discussion is pushing into objectification and meta posting, and I'd rather not have people feel uncomfortable about discussing their favorite clothing. If this continues, I'll have to lock the thread.
Old 2012-04-24, 12:12   Link #125
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Given the nature of the topic, perhaps it's best to expand this into a discussion of fashion in general.
I made this topic for the appreciation of skirts and dresses, particularly because they are a pieces of clothing that fascinate me much more than anything else. I wouldn't appreciate a topic about fashion in general, so as the creator of this thread I would rather have it locked if it must be. However...

Quote:
Too much of the discussion is pushing into objectification and meta posting, and I'd rather not have people feel uncomfortable about discussing their favorite clothing. If this continues, I'll have to lock the thread.
I don't like the meta posting that much myself, but what's this about objectification? Is there something morally wrong about me or the other people spilling their frank opinions on how magnetic and alluring skirts are? Please elaborate.

Making this thread is actually one of the most fun things I've done on Animesuki up until now.
Old 2012-04-24, 12:42   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Looks at this thread in a business suit as her secretaries work in office lady type clothing*

Hmmmm..... I am sometimes conflicted: Pants or skirts for my secretaries?
I suppose the obligatory answer is "let them choose what they wear as long as it is business-appropriate"? Unless, of course, the company has everyone wear the same company-logo'd uniform jumpsuits or something ...

I tend to start getting cranky when companies spend much energy on trying to dictate what employees wear.
------------
Ah, another reason my wife doesn't wear skirts very often is that the people in charge of air conditioning where she works are incompetent. She either gets "freezing" or "sweltering" at random times of the year Her boss's office is so cold they plugged in a floor heater to compensate for the forced-air cooling.

We both find the "short skirt" topic amusing when the skirts in question go all the way down to the mid-thigh. Flashback to 1974 when the skirts were so short it took extraordinary skill to crouch down to pick something up and they assigned all the higher lockers to girls so they wouldn't have to bend down. Silly times... but the leg appreciation during class change was stellar.

The hilarity was that *shorts* were forbidden and jeans, omg, jeans were the fruit of the devil to the administrators. Wife-unit came to school one day in jeans because the student council was doing some construction work for a festival -- Ms. 4.0GPA, studentcouncil VP got sent home to change so she came back in the shortest miniskirt she had. The principal thought "that looks just fine". She called him a pervert as she stomped back to work and we got to hear much more colorful terms as we worked on the displays.
Old 2012-04-24, 12:49   Link #127
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I made this topic for the appreciation of skirts and dresses, particularly because they are a pieces of clothing that fascinate me much more than anything else. I wouldn't appreciate a topic about fashion in general, so as the creator of this thread I would rather have it locked if it must be. However...

I don't like the meta posting that much myself, but what's this about objectification? Is there something morally wrong about me or the other people spilling their frank opinions on how magnetic and alluring skirts are? Please elaborate.

Making this thread is actually one of the most fun things I've done on Animesuki up until now.
I'm aware of the point of the topic, but there is a difference between discussing an interest in a certain type of clothing (history, usage, different styles, etc.) and discussing the skirt as a fetish (not in the historical/cultural context, but objectifying the women wearing them). More to the point, the thread shouldn't feel uncomfortable for people who wear skirts to share their opinions out of fear that it will devolve into Tex Avery antics.

If that seems like I'm killing the "fun", so be it.
Old 2012-04-24, 13:27   Link #128
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
I'm aware of the point of the topic, but there is a difference between discussing an interest in a certain type of clothing (history, usage, different styles, etc.) and discussing the skirt as a fetish (not in the historical/cultural context, but objectifying the women wearing them). More to the point, the thread shouldn't feel uncomfortable for people who wear skirts to share their opinions out of fear that it will devolve into Tex Avery antics.

If that seems like I'm killing the "fun", so be it.
Despite whatever my posts may suggest to you, I do not view women as mere objects. I've seen online discussions where women (and men) talk about how sexy men are when they wear suits and ties, and I never viewed it as offensive or objectifying. But I think I get your main point, and Animesuki is more rigid than other boards anyway so the same things may not fly. Perhaps you and I can talk more about the definition of objectification elsewhere, but you've made it quite clear that this thread cannot continue as it is. Anyone who wants to continue talking about fashion can make their own thread, but I wish for this thread to end. Please lock it.
Closed Thread