AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 03:00   Link #9141
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Not everything needs to have an explanation in this kind of manga...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 03:18   Link #9142
Homura7

Forget the screws. Now, where're mah spoilers?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 04:07   Link #9143
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post

I don't think so, Naze doesn't share in the same 'crisis' as Medaka does. While they do suffer from similar issues, Medaka was basically the one who was trying to find her place in the world. Medaka just seems so perfect compared to everyone that she had to try not to look down on anyone or no one can relate to her. Medaka is the Superman of her universe, there isn't anyone who relate or even get close to her without envious of her abilities and prowess.
I would agree with you if you are talking about the current Naze.

But I theorize that the younger Naze, when she was as young as two underwent the same kind of crisis, and came up with a different answer to it. Medaka was provided one by Zenkichi, Kikira partly resolved hers by creating her rather unusual worldview on the virtue of suffering, and in doing so, turned it to another kind of angst.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 04:09   Link #9144
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Forget the screws. Now, where're mah spoilers?
If not for the demand of spoilers, I seriously think this would be a dead thread.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 07:51   Link #9145
Wolfenstein

He has a point, though. Where are the spoilers?!
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 08:03   Link #9146
Soji

Im suprise that no one post this one until now.(at least i dont see them).
Spoiler for 148:

Everything i find out about ch 148 until now.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 12:02   Link #9147
Wolfenstein

Chapter looks interesting. Especially curious as to what Medaka and Naze talked about, can someone give us a quick translation?
Old 2012-05-30, 18:23   Link #9148
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Chapter looks interesting. Especially curious as to what Medaka and Naze talked about, can someone give us a quick translation?
CxC will have it done in a day or so. So I don't think anyone would really bother.

So far I've enjoyed watching Naze and the way she fights. According to the manga she the closest to a minus, but her outlook on life would make her a plus. I can't really picture a offensive type. But she has the ability to modify bodies and she experiments on herself. That Ice and Fire skill seems cool XD. Got it handle it to Niso for thinking up some fancy skills.

Kumagawa skills are minus skills. But what makes him a minus is his outlook on life. Niso didn't really fully explain the minus and positive skill thing that clearly. But than again this is Niso so does it really matter?

What I'm troubled by is when Zenkichi got elected as student council president didn't it make the whole Medaka Box obsolete? The title would make us assume Medaka is still a main character even after the break the fourth wall fiasco. Than again we bakuman and no one really understood what the title meant.

Seriously who is this artist. His art is really good... and its freak'in ecchi. I can't believe Medaka Box is the only series hes done.
Old 2012-05-30, 18:49   Link #9149
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
CxC will have it done in a day or so. So I don't think anyone would really bother.
Kinda hoping Tenchi would come to the rescue, though. He does that sometimes.
Old 2012-05-30, 19:18   Link #9150
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post

What I'm troubled by is when Zenkichi got elected as student council president didn't it make the whole Medaka Box obsolete? The title would make us assume Medaka is still a main character even after the break the fourth wall fiasco. Than again we bakuman and no one really understood what the title meant.
There's a show called Naruto yet at times it should be called Sasuke...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 19:32   Link #9151
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Pretty much.
Old 2012-05-30, 22:12   Link #9152
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Kishimoto cannot seem to decide whether he wants his gold haired messiah or the Jin Kazama clone as the main character.

Quote:
The ending of that arc annoyed than the content, I really hated how it ended. Its one thing to troll people but its another matter to deceive into thinking whether anything in that arc actually mattered. Medaka beat a character who is more powerful than she is and for all Ajimu's fourth wall breaking, it didn't really as it was just a 'simulated delusion' created by her psyche. Unfortunately, not even Ajimu cannot beat her main character hax and the very shonen tropes she was lampshading. I am not sure about Bakuman or Gintama but that level of trolling is annoying than entertaining as everything in that arc amounted to nothing in one chapter. At least, Zenikichi beat Medaka and Medaka strives to make her own path instead of following her idea.
Old 2012-05-30, 22:16   Link #9153
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
At least, Zenikichi beat Medaka and Medaka strives to make her own path instead of following her idea.
This development probably holds more importance than anything Ajimu's presence actually implied to some people. And I found it all pretty darn entertaining.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 04:35   Link #9154
Sol Falling

The series being called "Medaka Box" despite these latest developments in terms of Medaka's loss of her position, etc. is probably (er, possibly) just a setup for an epic thematic return for it sometime later on in the story, lol. I'm totally calling it a couple years from now, :P.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 05:46   Link #9155
Naginoura
匂宮家

Lightbulb

No one seems to have much interest in novels, but online retailers began showing the cover for the next novel:

Spoiler for second novel:

Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 07:51   Link #9156
kantou

great cover I already Volume 1 ...Volume 2 soon so I can read all.but nobody is interested in a translation ?because I'm not understanding all of the Volume
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 08:19   Link #9157
Last Carpet

anyone else notice the connection between the suitors and their doubles?

Sakugo likes blood covered girls and Namanie's sword style has her bleeding heavily.
Sui wears glasses which is what Kariteru likes in a girl.

I bet that evil looking little girl is from the Kotobuki family. It would fit since Shinkirou is a pedophile.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:26   Link #9158
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naginoura View Post
No one seems to have much interest in novels, but online retailers began showing the cover for the next novel:

Spoiler for second novel:
I'm glad he's at least trying to admit that faculty members exist.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 12:37   Link #9159
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
It makes you wonder why didn't they stop the fights in the school themselves, maybe they knew that the students were badass enough to resolve on their own.
Old 2012-05-31, 13:22   Link #9160
Wolfenstein

The Middle School girls did specifically say teachers kept out of student affairs.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council