AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 14:54   Link #6341
Kuze

And Cypha wouldn't run away in order to not get cleaved in half? Or to not have her head on the chop? Or lose much more than just one arm to the Blazing Cook?

Siiiiigh.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 15:05   Link #6342
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Cypha is like Cell, losing limbs are only an annoyance to her xDU. I gree on the danger of slosing her head but Signum speifically stated she wants to "arrest" her and Cypha knows how damant TSAB officers are on their "No Kill" policy. Lastly, Cypha seems to be like the last person scarred of death as her usual moto always includes words along the lnes of "if you want to fight me, be prepared to die or kill".

So no, i don't think Cypha fleed the fight out of fear xDU. She had important bussiness to do and saw a chance when Signum took a bit too much time with her last bombardement so she left the field to follow her own schedule.

*sighs*

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 17:15   Link #6343
Kuze

And Signum wanted to make arrests last time.

You know, where Cypha states that she would have died had she been any less tough than she was. And where Signum was not carrying a giant cleaver that Cypha's reacted body cannot defend against.

Self preservation instinct is not fear. Can you not accept that Cypha, for all her words, does not particularly want to die?
Old 2012-06-25, 17:42   Link #6344
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

To be specific she stated she would have died if she wasn't an Eclipse infected, that had barely anything to do with her toughness as she just lost an arm back then, and the goes "oh well, i can regenerate anyway LOL". The toughness part came after she reacted but wasn't truly exploited because Laevtein was already damaged by that point and Fate amanged to hurt her skin, it only came into evidence when Quinn attacked Cypha's neck and her divider broke.

Unless Signum is capable of instantly re-create her shield, then her loss is bigger than Cypha's who can recover her lost arm easily and is still in possesion of superior equipement. Reacted dividers are proven several times to be far more resillent than AEC-equipements in the long run, Cypha just need to put pressure and keep coming back until Signum's equipement breaks or she just run out of juice, she's still a patient in rehab after all.

Signum's giant cleaver my have the capability to harm Cypha's body but unless Signum is ready to go for the killing blow (which will be pretty difficult anyway as Cypha will be more aware of that and thus ready to dodge/parry the easily predictable huge blade) then her chances to defeat/arrest Cypha are minimal, unless she finds a way to disable her that doesn't involve beheading her xDU.

Oh and Cypha also reassured Tohma about Curren telling her not to kill Section Six members for now so killing or injuring Signum at the same level she did before will not be a good way to appeal to Tohma so it's another point to Cypha's motivation for leaving the fight. To Signum's credit, probably Cypha noticed Signum is now harder to beat due to her inability to nullify her magic and Signum's renewed will to arrest her so she realized Signum is the kind of person willing to take the risks necessary to accomplish a mission which is an inconvenience for her because that means Signum won't surrender unless Cypha disables her which will mean injuring her heavily once again. So she escaped the fight before it reached the point she's forced to seriously injure/kill Signum.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-25, 18:17   Link #6345
Lycodrake

Haven't been keeping up with this, but...they gave Signum a cleaver?
...disgraceful, utterly, entirely and fully disgraceful. :/
Lycodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 18:36   Link #6346
Kuze

And Signum....can't just replace her shield from the Caledfwich facility with Caledfwich equipment that's right behind her?

Her cleaver is not breaking. In fact, at no point was it ever shown that Cypha can "easily" dodge anything that Signum does with the blade, which is kinda the point of her leaving the arm behind.

Cypha had to leave to avoid catching a severe case of dying in the crossfire.
Old 2012-06-25, 19:00   Link #6347
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

LOL! xD

Cypha managed to break into Signum's offensive repeatedly with the shield being the pilar of her combat strategy as it was the only thing preventing Cypha from dicing her in first place (and only did a semi-decent job at that), Signum managed to land a couple of slashes on Cypha and several shots with Silver bullets, none of that managed to slow Cypha in the slightiest, only pissing her off. The origin of my previous argument with Keroko is that Signum did a far better job at fighting Cypha with Laevatein skill wise in comparission with AEC-Cleaver (and no, i'm not talking about durability if you want to bring that about, we already have three pages of that, go back and read if you're curious xDU).

The shield is presumably the piece of equipement with the bigger endurance as it's main purpouse is to protect Signum from enemy hits. Cypha managed to brake the shield with finger pressure from her bare hand, a bad omen for the cleaver's endurance if Cypha really became furious. All damage Cypha suffered on Ch. 24 was superfluous to an EC Driver of her level save the chopped arm ...and even that can be restored with minimal effort.

Now that we touched this issue, Cypha mentioned something in Ch. 23 about how to use and giving form to EC energy to perform attacks or another effects, i wonder if she needs to use her hands to activate the regeneration of limbs or if that can be performed handless with enough concentration. If that were the case then a sure way to defeat Cypha for real would be to cut both of her arms at the same time. It soudns really nice but until further proof came out that's only optimistic speculation from my part xDU

Lastly, i really doubt Cypha will go "oh noes, she's just too much for me i should escape before she kills me".

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-25, 19:14   Link #6348
Kuze

Fine, I'll leave the fighting part to Keroko.

But as a last word, saying that the cleaver has less durability than the buckler doesn't have any basis. If we were talking about a magic tower shield, that would be a different story, but it's a buckler. Cleaver are meant to /break/ tough cases, and not break in the process.

And: The blade has stood up to Cypha's blades, Quinn's blade, and has cleaved reacted Cypha. It is not going to break just because Cypha put her hands on it (and that would be a really great way for her arm to be split lengthwise anyways).

You're not even going to give the benefit of the doubt that Cypha does not feel like dying if there's a choice involved in the matter?
Old 2012-06-26, 01:22   Link #6349
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Fine, I'll leave the fighting part to Keroko.
I think we already got to a stalemate about that, at least for now xD

Quote:
But as a last word, saying that the cleaver has less durability than the buckler doesn't have any basis. If we were talking about a magic tower shield, that would be a different story, but it's a buckler. Cleaver are meant to /break/ tough cases, and not break in the process.
It's common logic to assume the piece of your equipement designed to protect your life from enemy attacks will have the better durability of all of your equipement, but as i told to Keroko, i'm no weapons expert so i may be ignorant about some important detail about shields, i'm just using simple logic here xD.

You have a point with the cleaver tough. Those giant weapons are indeed made to deal powerfull blows. Those are also known for being a bit clumsier/slower than lightier/smaller weapons, their big size & weight sacrifice maneuverability for power and usually those are meant to be used by brutes who have the strenght and reach to hold the thing and finish off the oponent in a small number of hits, preferably a single and powerfull killing blow. I saw something of it on Ch. 24 Signum's hits definetely are able to damage Cypha's flesh but the execution is slower and the space/openings generated by Signum's attacks are wider in size and last longer than with Laevatein, on the other hand it's part of why Signum's shield had a chance to shine, she can't cover such big openings with her usually powerfull defensive magic so the shield is part of the combo by blocking those wide openings, allowing her to reasume an attacking position and launch another powerfull blow. That's way i said the shield is a pivotal piece of Signum's current powerset and she's a lot more vulnerable while holding the AEC-Celaver without the shield ...a disadvantage absent when she was using Laevatein (yeah, Laevatein broke, we covered that already xD).

Signum is basically F/SN's Berserker with a shield instead of the 12 extra lives xDU

Quote:
And: The blade has stood up to Cypha's blades, Quinn's blade, and has cleaved reacted Cypha. It is not going to break just because Cypha put her hands on it (and that would be a really great way for her arm to be split lengthwise anyways).
Yeah that left me thinking about something. I wonder if Cypha's physical strenght is even greater than her the power of her swords. It reminded me of Lordgenome proving to be stronger than his own freaking Giant Mecha in Gurren Lagann xD The shield also managed to withstand some blows from Cypha's dual dividers yet she was able to break the shield with her bare hands.

By the Way Cypha doesnt even need to grab the cleaver by it's sharpened end. she coulp parry with a sword and then grab it by the blunt side or punching the blade sideways xD

Quote:
You're not even going to give the benefit of the doubt that Cypha does not feel like dying if there's a choice involved in the matter?
Unless Cypha herself confirm something of what you're saying, nope i don't see evidence clear enough to cinvince me of her beign "defeated". I want to see Cypha kiss the floor, which didn't happened on this fight. She dissapeared just when Signum managed to get to the serious part of the fight.

P.S.- By the way, i loled at your commentary about Signum getting another shield from the nearby CW installations. Wonder if Cypha will be considered enough to pause the fight in order to allow Signum to go for another shield and get back to their fight xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-26, 04:29   Link #6350
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I think we already got to a stalemate about that, at least for now xD
Work and research for our debate slows me down.

Quick note on bucklers though, they are designed to parry, block, deflect, conceal the blade, punch or pin the enemy. They are, in essence, offensive shields. The way Signum uses it as a weapon is Working as Intended.

Though obviously traditional bucklers couldn't fire steel spikes.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 10:41   Link #6351
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Quick note on bucklers though, they are designed to parry, block, deflect, conceal the blade, punch or pin the enemy. They are, in essence, offensive shields. The way Signum uses it as a weapon is Working as Intended.
The shield could had gained more of my love if Signum used it to smack Cypha in the face with it ...or if Cypha's fingers broked when she tried to destroy it, but well, it happened the same that happens eventually to every AEC-Equipement sans Sword Breaker xDU

If Signum will play Crussader/Spartan now she could also use frontal kicks for a change when the opponent manages to pass the Cleaver and expect the shield in order to surprise them. Signum seems to have the physique to pull off that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Though obviously traditional bucklers couldn't fire steel spikes.
I remeber and old discussion about possible equipements for Signum where i mentioned a gun as the lamest upgrade and a shield as the second lamest. Tsuzuki combined BOTH into one, mind you xDU I know this sounds utterly paranoid so don't take this seriously but this makes me feel as if Tsuzuki is able to read my mind at times and trolls me on purpouse xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-29, 04:39   Link #6352
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
I got bored and ran some statistical calculations of gender distribution among the named characters in the various installments:

- The overall distribution: female characters comprise almost exactly 70% of the named cast, males are 28% and ca. 2% are characters/constructs whose gender cannot be identified (like the Defense Program).
- The early seasons (TOS, A's, StrikerS) and mangas (A's, StrikerS) stick very closely to the 7-to-3 female-to-male ratio.
- SSX is the first installment to crank it up to 8-to-2, which is also found in ViVid.
- Force, on the other hand, has 77% female characters and 23% male ones.

In other words, proportionally, Force has even more girls than the early series but Thoma in a lead role makes it seem like the male presence has increased. On the other hand, all harem shows tend to have a much bigger female cast... *ruuuuunz*
Old 2012-06-29, 10:14   Link #6353
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It also help the fact we have two powerfull and actually threatening males on the antagonists side. Of course i'm talking of Veyron, the most badass guy in the Nanohaverse after Zest, and Deville, the only guy in the entire franchise who has managed to accomplish what no other male has ever did before: pulling an "Oh Crap!" face out of the White Devil herself xD!

Ok, there's also Carter Grendel who is quite strong (pwned Tohma and 4 Raptors at the same time) but he's a buffoon compared with the aformentioned two and got quite easily taken down by Teana of all people xDU

Oh yeah, i almost forgot about Dego, who is (or more accurately "was" xDU) a big, bad, angre and really violent guy. And Marty, the most charismatic, smooth and overal cool guy i've ever seen on the cast (killed in action probably so he won't take away attention from Verossa and Vice xD).

I complain a lot about stuff in FORCE but i can't deny it had brought a good bunch of interesting or at least competent men which is very welcomed after seasons of seeing guys being pushed to the sidelines xD

If Veyron dies i think he already have enough points to go to the GARhalla with Zest, Archer, Kamina, Raoh and others xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-29, 15:35   Link #6354
LostSome

How many manly(guys only) fights Nanoha had before Force ?
Thoma and Veyron were both in two already ! Maybe the one with Carter wasn`t one properly...

The Hulks are for equality ! Four females and three males and they have their sight on one more guy.

How long before bhl88 takes the harem bait.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 16:29   Link #6355
Justin_Brett

So is Yukari showing why she shouldn't be the artist for this manga again this month?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 00:47   Link #6356
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
None paying attention to the other two.

It's Touma x Lily x Isis x Quinn
Old 2012-07-01, 00:56   Link #6357
Justin_Brett

Seems like there might be; I found a 'no, no, really she's a likeable character, honest!' pic of Cypha with Touma at one of the usual places.
Old 2012-07-01, 11:40   Link #6358
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
So is there no chapter this month? I haven't seen any previews at the usual places.
Old 2012-07-01, 13:56   Link #6359
Justin_Brett

I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised, even if they just had to split a chapter into two because she has too much to do.
Old 2012-07-01, 16:23   Link #6360
Kuze

Only thing I saw was what looks like the chapter cover on Yukari's blog.

Besides, Force gets internet coverage usually around the same that Shingeki no Kyojin does, which is never the start of the new month. Been like that for a while. Alternately, maybe Leoheart is just celebrating Canada day (???)

Tags
manga, nanoha force