AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-22, 20:17   Link #141
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
I have said this again and again.

When Ace said that sentence, it was not structured normally.
It was oddly strengthend "living double the life of a person", and not "me".

Again, I stress, it was NOT WORDED NORMALLY, strongly implying something abnormal.
This has been a long speculation in Japanese community of what it meant, and furthermore, One Piece Green book confirmed truth about Teach's abnormality lies in this phrase.

I have been saying this for years, arguing that translators, who do not catch the small nuances of Japanese laguage, have mistranslated this line making assumption like yours.
In a few years, you will all come back to me and I will cry yet another "I TOLD YOU SO" rant. Again.

__________________
aohige is offline  
Old 2012-06-22, 21:29   Link #142
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
One Piece Green book confirmed truth about Teach's abnormality lies in this phrase.
That's all I need to know then. Thank you, Aohige .
__________________
Speed is weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline  
Old 2012-06-22, 23:09   Link #143
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Huh, I wasn't aware that even Green pointed out how odd Ace's line was. Well nonetheless, I also offer my thanks to you for clearing up the confusion around that line, Aohige.
marvelB is offline  
Old 2012-06-24, 01:51   Link #144
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Any one think maybe the mystery person might be Dragon?

Maybe Law was overwhelmed by his haki or maybe something to do with his possible DF powers.

I am saying this because Law looked to have problem breathing. If Dragon had air/wind powers maybe that could be a reason he couldn't do anything.
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2012-06-24, 02:49   Link #145
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Any one think maybe the mystery person might be Dragon?

Maybe Law was overwhelmed by his haki or maybe something to do with his possible DF powers.

I am saying this because Law looked to have problem breathing. If Dragon had air/wind powers maybe that could be a reason he couldn't do anything.
dragon? anything is possible at this point. but my money is on that joker persona.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline  
Old 2012-06-24, 17:21   Link #146
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
dragon? anything is possible at this point. but my money is on that joker persona.
I personally think it is too cliche for it to be joker and In my personal opinion Oda's writing style doesn't usually follow the cliche path ( at least on cliffhangers). He just introduced Joker and usually when he does introduce some one, it takes some time before we get to know them.

Few examples are Jinbei and Whitebeard. They were introduced early but took a while before they actually took the spotlight. Just my personal opinion .

If i had to guess who it is, it would be in this order for me,

Aokiji, Dragon, Akainu, Kaidou, joker and lastly Shanks ( low chance but small possibility)

But i can see why so many people are betting on joker. I personally want to know who this Joker character is as well . More than that as many are already contemplating Joker is most likely a code name. I wonder if it is a new character or an already known one.
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2012-06-24, 22:36   Link #147
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Aokiji, Dragon, Akainu, Kaidou
There is no reason for any of these to appear here at this time.

For starters, we know that X is someone Law knows (and presumably fears) from before. There is no indication that Law knew Aokiji or Akainu personally during the war.

Throwing Kaidou in the middle of an arc would not make any sense at all, especially since Luffy already has unfinished business with Big Mom.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2012-06-25, 04:08   Link #148
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
But i can see why so many people are betting on joker. I personally want to know who this Joker character is as well . More than that as many are already contemplating Joker is most likely a code name. I wonder if it is a new character or an already known one.
joker could be just a code name. for all we know he is already a known character. as to who he really is, now that's the mystery. oda might actually spring a surprise by making him turn out into a character we all know but the least likely we thought would appear.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline  
Old 2012-06-25, 10:04   Link #149
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I personally think it is too cliche for it to be joker and In my personal opinion Oda's writing style doesn't usually follow the cliche path ( at least on cliffhangers). He just introduced Joker and usually when he does introduce some one, it takes some time before we get to know them.

Even if it is "too cliche", it's still the most logical and likely guess at this point. And it's not like Oda hasn't introduced new characters a mere few chapters after their names are first mentioned. If we exclude new villains, the most recent examples I can think of are Ivankov (who was introduced a few chapters after Bon Clay first mentioned him in ID), and Sabo (who appears in Luffy's flashback just a few chapters after Ace mentioned him in his dying speech). That being said, if Joker IS a preexisting character, I'd also guess that he was the guy that Doflamingo was chatting with before the timeskip (when he reported Moria's escape).



Anyways, before anyone else asks: YES, THERE WILL BE A CHAPTER THIS WEEK. So expect the new thread to be up around early Wednesday morning....
marvelB is offline  
Old 2012-06-25, 20:46   Link #150
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
There is no reason for any of these to appear here at this time.

For starters, we know that X is someone Law knows (and presumably fears) from before. There is no indication that Law knew Aokiji or Akainu personally during the war.

Throwing Kaidou in the middle of an arc would not make any sense at all, especially since Luffy already has unfinished business with Big Mom.
Since when Oda has always been so Logical ? As for reasons, There could be many . The Incident 4 years ago, the fight 2 years, The thing that Law is currently after, ... . He could also make new reasons as why they are there and if they knew each other before.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Even if it is "too cliche", it's still the most logical and likely guess at this point. And it's not like Oda hasn't introduced new characters a mere few chapters after their names are first mentioned. If we exclude new villains, the most recent examples I can think of are Ivankov (who was introduced a few chapters after Bon Clay first mentioned him in ID), and Sabo (who appears in Luffy's flashback just a few chapters after Ace mentioned him in his dying speech). That being said, if Joker IS a preexisting character, I'd also guess that he was the guy that Doflamingo was chatting with before the timeskip (when he reported Moria's escape).



Anyways, before anyone else asks: YES, THERE WILL BE A CHAPTER THIS WEEK. So expect the new thread to be up around early Wednesday morning....
I am not saying it can't be joker, just mentioning other strong possibilities . It could very well be Joker. However a lot of writers do this too: They drop in a hint or word to distract others from what they are about to introduce. Joker could very well be a distraction that Oda just put there ( for now) for him to surprise us.
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2012-06-25, 23:54   Link #151
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
However a lot of writers do this too: They drop in a hint or word to distract others from what they are about to introduce. Joker could very well be a distraction that Oda just put there ( for now) for him to surprise us.
Since when was Oda so predictable?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 01:10   Link #152
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Since when was Oda so predictable?
I am suggesting he isn't . Because at times he does use a hint to distract us and at other times he is so cliche that you are surprised of what happens.

He isn't always predictable. Actually most of the time he isn't. That's why i am saying there could be all these options ( or even more) for the mysterious person.
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 01:40   Link #153
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
That's why i am saying there could be all these options ( or even more) for the mysterious person.
There's no more reason for your suggestions than others.

Then why don't you allow me a few more:

It could also be:

1) the bear (i.e. his crewmate).. now with new footwear!
2) Sabo
3) Kidd
4) Big Mom
5) Magellan
6) Kuma
7) Doflamingo
8) Vivi (..cos why the fuck not right?)
9) Hell it might as well be someone who we thought dead.. how about Whitebeard?

There you go, I hope I have enlightened your day with my 'insights'.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 02:23   Link #154
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
There's no more reason for your suggestions than others.

Then why don't you allow me a few more:

It could also be:

1) the bear (i.e. his crewmate).. now with new footwear!
2) Sabo
3) Kidd
4) Big Mom
5) Magellan
6) Kuma
7) Doflamingo
8) Vivi (..cos why the fuck not right?)
9) Hell it might as well be someone who we thought dead.. how about Whitebeard?

There you go, I hope I have enlightened your day with my 'insights'.
Well Oda is the writer here not me. I mentioned those that i thought have a good chance of being there.

Aokiji= mainly because from the drawing the mysterious person does look like him.

Akainu= Again really from the outfit and his personality in general. I am not the first to suggest he might be the person( less likely person).

Dragon= He is the revolutionary leader who is trying to change the whole government in one piece. We don't know what kind of man he is nor his methods. He might be after the weapon/unknown thing that Law is after in that Island. That could have been one of the reasons he was after Robin too ( to get info and find the weapon).

Kaidou= Unknown person. He might have been the Yonkou that Law is after. For all we know he could have been defeated by him and his crew missing can have something to do with him. Or maybe he is blackmailing Law to defeat another Yonkou. He seemed to have used some cheap trick against Moriah and only challenged Whitebeard when he was at his most vulnerable. Or It could be him because Oda just wanted us to know more about him. We already know about other Yonkous, it wouldn't be odd that his turn has come.

Well to be honest i am just stating on my opinion on who it could be. I reasonably believe it could be any of the guys that i mentioned ( including joker)

Also i think you misunderstood my " ( Or even more)" part. I meant it could be some else beside what i mentioned. It could be some one completely new that we have never heard about before ( thus i said " even more" ).

P.S. Although I enjoyed this conversation with you, i think we should just wait and see who it is while reserving the right to state our opinion. Cheers .

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-06-26 at 02:48.
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 02:36   Link #155
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
It's hilarious that, you know, ENTIRELY NEW CHARACTER YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN does not seem to even be an option for these.... "theorists".
__________________
aohige is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 02:45   Link #156
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's hilarious that, you know, ENTIRELY NEW CHARACTER YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN does not seem to even be an option for these.... "theorists".
it's possible that it could be someone new as well. it could be someone connected to the yonkou that law wants to defeat. after all, law had to have a reason why he wanted that particular yonkou destroyed. just saying.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 02:46   Link #157
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's hilarious that, you know, ENTIRELY NEW CHARACTER YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN does not seem to even be an option for these.... "theorists".
I agree with the possibility of entirely new Character part of your post .

P.S. You got my cookies / Rep+ .
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 02:54   Link #158
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Isn't that the easiest theory to come up with? I mean, look guys, i know who this is, it's someone we don't know. And that's it, but that does not really tell you anything? No, it's easy, anyone can say it, it does not make you a good "theorist" and it gives the topic no further reason for debate. What will you talk about then, if you know nothing? You need to stay on known ground if you want to keep arguing about something.
I don't think you even understood my point.

How the hell am I suggesting I should be a good "theorist", when I'm obviously ridiculing "theorizing based on sheer nothingness" to begin with?

If I said conspiracy theorists are rediculous, am I trying to be one?

What the hell?

paradox is right. It could be anyone at this point, due to lack of information, and coming up with a "theory" belongs in the "theroies that doesn't deserve to be posted anywhere else" thread.
Oh, I forgot. We don't have one of those here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
it's possible that it could be someone new as well. it could be someone connected to the yonkou that law wants to defeat. after all, law had to have a reason why he wanted that particular yonkou destroyed. just saying.
Of course, which would be a logical flow of story.
At the current point, we don't even know which Yonkou they plan to go after, much less Law's past.
There's simply not enough information to base any theories on, beyond the realms of fan fiction at this point.
That's why "debating" about it is utterly pointless.
__________________
aohige is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 03:40   Link #159
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Your tone was sarcastic enough for me to understand your point. I was trying to explain why these theorists don't think of someone unknown as a possibility, that's all there is to my post. I never said that you should be a theorist nor did i try to show you how to be one. If you noticed, i don't really take part in any of these debates myself, so why would i try to make you a part of them? And, yes, this person beeing someone unknown is the most logical posibility to me as well.
Gotcha, understood.
You said suggesting a new character is not a good theorist, which obviously is what (former) I was doing, so I naturally put the two together.
__________________
aohige is offline  
Old 2012-06-26, 09:54   Link #160
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
You know, this whole thing about X new character=preexisting character reminds me of when guys like Duval and Kizaru were introduced a few years back. People ESPECIALLY went nuts when it came to guessing Duval's identity. I think the most popular theory at that time was that he was Don Krieg, but even then a few folks pointed out that it couldn't be him because he didn't have that weird quirk (you know, that whole thing with Duval's accent randomly changing). And as for Kizaru..... I distinctly recall one individual from AP being convinced that he was Spandine of all characters (Spandam's father from Robin's flashback). Make of THAT as you will.
marvelB is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.