AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2012-06-26, 15:26   Link #1961
Sauzer

Sigh.

Ive been rewatching Higurashi latetly and hope there's still people around here to answers some of the questions I got XD.. eventually at least..

Im guessing no spoiler tags needed for 7 year old series? ))

1. In Watanagashi and Maekashi Rika kills herself after struggle with Shion..
I remember reading tips that pretty much everyone that didnt get killed by Shion lived on and neither the village getting gased nor villagers going berserk is mentioned.

Does that mean that by killing herself Rika not only screwed over Takano and prevented her emergency manual getting started, but also proved that the "in 48 hours after queens death people will go berserk and murder each other" is actually wrong? I mean how much time had passed between Rika's death and Kei talking to Oishi in the hospital? At least couple of days.

And sure Shion hearing Mion's voice and Kei hallucinating being attacked by Shion in the hospital could be atributed to the "48 hours", but no large-scale massacre seemed to be mentioned unless I missed it.

2. What's up with Rena's maniac-laughter in Onikakushi?
I get that Kei is hallucinating, being paranoid. Lots of stuff being said to him still kinda make sense when you take the "paranoia distortion" into account. But just random lunatic laughter?

I read the scene from Tatarigoroshi where Rena is confronted by Rika in the junk-yard. And when Rena announces that Rika is a fake, Rika starts to giggle since it's the first time anyone ever thought that. But it was still only a giggle. No mention of crazy, psychotic laughter from Rena's POV, even though this would probably be the most apropriate place to demonstrate.

3. Again in Onikakushi Mion talking about how she should've killed Oishi and was soft on him since it's his last year. What's that about? It can't be Kei's hallucination because he couldn't have known that Oishi will be retiring, though it is true as we find out later.
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 15:34   Link #1962
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-26, 20:45   Link #1963
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzer View Post
Sigh.

Ive been rewatching Higurashi latetly and hope there's still people around here to answers some of the questions I got XD.. eventually at least..

I remember reading tips that pretty much everyone that didnt get killed by Shion lived on and neither the village getting gased nor villagers going berserk is mentioned.

Does that mean that by killing herself Rika not only screwed over Takano and prevented her emergency manual getting started, but also proved that the "in 48 hours after queens death people will go berserk and murder each other" is actually wrong? I mean how much time had passed between Rika's death and Kei talking to Oishi in the hospital? At least couple of days.

And sure Shion hearing Mion's voice and Kei hallucinating being attacked by Shion in the hospital could be atributed to the "48 hours", but no large-scale massacre seemed to be mentioned unless I missed it.

2. What's up with Rena's maniac-laughter in Onikakushi?
I get that Kei is hallucinating, being paranoid. Lots of stuff being said to him still kinda make sense when you take the "paranoia distortion" into account. But just random lunatic laughter?

I read the scene from Tatarigoroshi where Rena is confronted by Rika in the junk-yard. And when Rena announces that Rika is a fake, Rika starts to giggle since it's the first time anyone ever thought that. But it was still only a giggle. No mention of crazy, psychotic laughter from Rena's POV, even though this would probably be the most apropriate place to demonstrate.

3. Again in Onikakushi Mion talking about how she should've killed Oishi and was soft on him since it's his last year. What's that about? It can't be Kei's hallucination because he couldn't have known that Oishi will be retiring, though it is true as we find out later.
1. Yes, Takano's 48 hour theory is false.
2. I'm gonna presume she did laugh, but not like that, more like a little cute laugh, but Keiichi's paranoia made it seem she was just randomly laughing like a maniac.
3. I think she did say it, because Mion didn't get cats eyes.
Old 2012-06-27, 00:45   Link #1964
~Pyro~
Dimension Drifter

Quote:
As for this, Mion probably was serious at that time. It is logical to assume that K1's behavior wasn't unnoticed and that he did seem like he was turning on his friends. With Mion's crush and K1 rejecting her as a friend because of Oishi, Mion would have been very angry. Add this to the general negativity surrounding Oishi and their previous fights.
Because of her resources (the Sonozaki family has been shown to have access to weapons and is a part of the Yakuza), she could been able to kill him.

"Men make gods. The mind of Man is so powerful that it can make "real" anything it desperately needs to be real"
~Bowgentle, The Quest for Tanelorn, Michael Moorcock
~Pyro~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 10:35   Link #1965
maximilianjenus
[E]

afaik, about part 3 she uses an idiom which in the original japanese could eman "beat someone up /kill someone" and it's hard to take/transalte it literally.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 12:10   Link #1966
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

She might feel like killing him, but I doubt she'd actually do the deed (unless she went crazy, of course).
Old 2012-06-28, 00:18   Link #1967
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
She might feel like killing him, but I doubt she'd actually do the deed (unless she went crazy, of course).
Well she is part of the Sonozaki family. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually killed Ooishi in that chapter.
Old 2012-06-28, 02:52   Link #1968
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Maddy View Post
Well she is part of the Sonozaki family. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually killed Ooishi in that chapter.
Except that she's already dead by the time Keiichi has his death scene with Oiishi...
Old 2012-06-28, 05:45   Link #1969
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Except that she's already dead by the time Keiichi has his death scene with Oiishi...
I know.. I didn't phrase my sentence right.
Old 2012-06-28, 15:10   Link #1970
Sauzer

wow, so I guess that TIPS about the aftemath of Maekashi turned out to be one of the most important, I guess )

A little bit unconviced about Rena's laugh, but oh well, to each their own paranoia I guess.

Oh, remember one more thing that was bugging me - how the hell does Satoko push down 2 grown people at once? or even Kei? And did the game also have railings on the bridge and the cliff too?

I mean for a 7 year old to push even one grown man is doubtfull, but two and through the railings on top of that...
Old 2012-06-28, 17:54   Link #1971
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Sigh.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...522#post656522

1983.06.22 - Rika disappears
1983.06.30 - Shion stabs Keiichi
1983.07.03 - Keiichi dies in hospital

almost two weeks
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 18:14   Link #1972
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
wow, so I guess that TIPS about the aftemath of Maekashi turned out to be one of the most important, I guess )

A little bit unconviced about Rena's laugh, but oh well, to each their own paranoia I guess.

Oh, remember one more thing that was bugging me - how the hell does Satoko push down 2 grown people at once? or even Kei? And did the game also have railings on the bridge and the cliff too?

I mean for a 7 year old to push even one grown man is doubtfull, but two and through the railings on top of that...
Well as for her pushing her parents off in Kai, I'm sure the fence was old and with her being infected with level 5 Hinamizawa Syndrome didn't make it any better. As for K1, yeah same reason but, I still don't see how he went through the railings...
Old 2012-06-28, 22:08   Link #1973
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Well as for her pushing her parents off in Kai, I'm sure the fence was old and with her being infected with level 5 Hinamizawa Syndrome didn't make it any better. As for K1, yeah same reason but, I still don't see how he went through the railings...
It's most likely that in both cases, Satoko simply provided at quick but powerful (adrenaline and all) shove to the upper mid section both times. The target would only have to lose balance for a moment and hit the railing for the railing to act as a fulcrum and do the rest.
Old 2012-06-29, 02:23   Link #1974
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
It's most likely that in both cases, Satoko simply provided at quick but powerful (adrenaline and all) shove to the upper mid section both times. The target would only have to lose balance for a moment and hit the railing for the railing to act as a fulcrum and do the rest.
Yeah, it would be the most simple explanation. But I'm not sure about when Satoko pushed K1 off the bridge, if she pushed his upper mid section, wouldn't he go over the top, not through the bars?
Old 2012-06-29, 04:50   Link #1975
Sauzer

Quote:
The problem is that Satoko can hardly reach the upper part of the target's body especially when she's 7 years old. Not to mention that (at least in the anime) Satoko's parents dont fall over the railing but are pushed into and fall with it.
Old 2012-06-29, 05:14   Link #1976
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
The problem is that Satoko can hardly reach the upper part of the target's body especially when she's 7 years old. Not to mention that (at least in the anime) Satoko's parents dont fall over the railing but are pushed into and fall with it.
Well Satoko is actually between 11 and 12 years old. But if you haven't noticed, they're actually kinda short for their ages.
Well like I've said before, the railing was probably old, I'm sure pushing someone into it would cause it to break.
Old 2012-06-29, 05:59   Link #1977
Sauzer

Quote:
Well Satoko is actually between 11 and 12 years old. But if you haven't noticed, they're actually kinda short for their ages.
Well like I've said before, the railing was probably old, I'm sure pushing someone into it would cause it to break.
yeah when I said 7 years, I meant during the time her parents died.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:11   Link #1978
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
yeah when I said 7 years, I meant during the time her parents died.
Really? I thought she looked around 5 or 6.
So if she was that age, it could be possible she pushed her parents by the legs, they both fall onto the fence, the fence breaks, they fall with the fence thus killing them.
Old 2012-06-29, 09:58   Link #1979
maximilianjenus
[E]

iirc,in the novel keichi's bridge has not protections at all, it was an anime error.

that elaves only the parents.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 21:24   Link #1980
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Well if it was an anime error, I guess it would explain how he went through the bars. I mean, a bridge with that many bars, it would be more realistic if K1 went over the top, not through bars that are only a couple of centimetres apart.