AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 11:22   Link #1001
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

How the hell did BETA come from the Moon to Earth... by walking?
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:24   Link #1002
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
How the hell did BETA come from the Moon to Earth... by walking?
If this were any-other series, I'd say drop-pod equivalents (STRIKE FROM THE SKY, BROTHERS!), but it's more likely that they just drop whole hives onto the surface, meteor-style.
Old 2012-07-17, 11:47   Link #1003
AmeNoJaku

gravity ?????

they have to launch them in the first place and without any on-flight acceleration, it will require an insane amount of force applied during the launch to achieve the necessary transition velocity... same for landing without any form of on-flight deceleration, the hive would probably eradicate all life on earth just from the impact.

Now should they have the tech to achieve and survive interplanetary flight, it is difficult to accept that they can not use intraplanetary flight
Old 2012-07-17, 11:53   Link #1004
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
gravity ?????

they have to launch them in the first place and without any on-flight acceleration, it will require an insane amount of force applied during the launch to achieve the necessary transition velocity... same for landing without any form of on-flight deceleration, the hive would probably eradicate all life on earth just from the impact.

Now should they have the tech to achieve and survive interplanetary flight, it is difficult to accept that they can not use intraplanetary flight
This is a big spoiler, but there is a reason for this technology.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:58   Link #1005
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
This is a big spoiler, but there is a reason for this technology.
In any case, that's a problem with the anime... instead of working on its consistency and interesting setting that can lead to dramatic action (more or less what they tried briefly in the second episode), it is wasted on kids with big toys.
Old 2012-07-17, 11:59   Link #1006
tsunade666

among all the BETA's shown yet so far. I haven't seen anyone who has wings or flight capability.
Old 2012-07-17, 12:02   Link #1007
AmeNoJaku

wings are not the only mechanism to achieve flight
Old 2012-07-17, 12:09   Link #1008
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
In any case, that's a problem with the anime... instead of working on its consistency and interesting setting that can lead to dramatic action (more or less what they tried briefly in the second episode), it is wasted on kids with big toys.

Total Eclipse was created in the first place to sell mecha action figures models that were left out of the Muv-Luv Alternative. In Total Eclipse, knowledge from the setting is admitted.

In anime would have to be a huge amount of build-up for the scenario to be consistent. In any case would have complaints due to the large amount of exposure.
Old 2012-07-17, 12:13   Link #1009
AmeNoJaku

So my suspicion is actually true that the anime (and LNs) objective is to sell toys... that would explain a lot
Old 2012-07-17, 12:19   Link #1010
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
So my suspicion is actually true that the anime (and LNs) objective is to sell toys... that would explain a lot
Purpose of the anime seems to be testing the waters for future adaptation of the main series. And sell toys
Old 2012-07-17, 12:25   Link #1011
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
You mean you didn't think that way in the first place? Vast majority of anime are pretty much over glorified advertisements whose primary purpose is to sell more merchandise, be it the hard copies, the source material, and/or other extras like figurines. This series is no exception; hell, mecha anime in particular are the pinnacle of this, considering mecha toys are a big part of the revenue.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:34   Link #1012
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
Purpose of the anime seems to be testing the waters for future adaptation of the main series. And sell toys
I seriously doubt the first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
You mean you didn't think that way in the first place? Vast majority of anime are pretty much over glorified advertisements whose primary purpose is to sell more merchandise, be it the hard copies, the source material, and/or other extras like figurines. This series is no exception; hell, mecha anime in particular are the pinnacle of this, considering mecha toys are a big part of the revenue.
I know that late-night TV anime are an overpriced promotion for their original material, but I had no idea that an H-VN could degrade into a mecha franchise
Old 2012-07-17, 12:36   Link #1013
maximilianjenus
[E]

The anime is far from finished, so if you want to play the "it's not explained in the anime" card, the "it will get explained later when it becomes relevant" card can be played too.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:38   Link #1014
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
*much handwringing*

This series is a spoiler minefield. People with even a little knowledge can't say anything, but if we redirect them to the two threads in the game section, it's GUARANTEED to spoil them. Grgk. What is this, catch-22?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
among all the BETA's shown yet so far. I haven't seen anyone who has wings or flight capability.
One of the things answered in the two threads in question, as it's one of the things I asked about too.

Quote:
...the hive would probably eradicate all life on earth just from the impact.
Yet another spoiler. Refer to the two threads in the Gaming section.

(Yes, this is getting tiresome isn't it?)
Old 2012-07-17, 12:43   Link #1015
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
I seriously doubt the first one
The author have said so in Twitter or his blog or in press, I don't remember. Otherwise, people like you would have been complaining about Extra if they did it in the games order.
Because Extra is the first fifteen minutes of Starship Troopers stretched over twenty hours of game. HAVE FUN with that.
Old 2012-07-17, 13:05   Link #1016
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The author have said so in Twitter or his blog or in press, I don't remember.
Doesn't lessen my doubts.

Quote:
Otherwise, people like you would have been complaining about Extra if they did it in the games order.
Poeple like me

Quote:
Because Extra is the first fifteen minutes of Starship Troopers stretched over twenty hours of game. HAVE FUN with that.
The intro of the first movie was just brilliant, because a lot of the coming drama was based on those first 15 minutes... then again the director was Verhoeven
Old 2012-07-17, 13:20   Link #1017
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
I know that late-night TV anime are an overpriced promotion for their original material, but I had no idea that an H-VN could degrade into a mecha franchise
That's pretty much the point of the game.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 13:30   Link #1018
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
*much handwringing*

This series is a spoiler minefield. People with even a little knowledge can't say anything, but if we redirect them to the two threads in the game section, it's GUARANTEED to spoil them. Grgk. What is this, catch-22?

One of the things answered in the two threads in question, as it's one of the things I asked about too.

Yet another spoiler. Refer to the two threads in the Gaming section.

(Yes, this is getting tiresome isn't it?)
This

You can't talk about nor clarify the background setting here, and unless you've played Muv-Luv/Alternative, you don't want to even set foot in the two Muv-Luv threads in the Gaming section because it'll spoil the crap out of Alternative for you.
Old 2012-07-17, 13:54   Link #1019
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There's still the official anime page

http://muv-luv-te-anime.com/

It doesn't really say much more than the anime itself but there's some useful information nonetheless. Unfortunately only a few pages provide an english translation.

It appears the site will be updated frequently though, so there's up for more info. For example the page listing the BETA still doesn't show the Fort Class, even though it already appeared in the anime.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 14:36   Link #1020
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
*much handwringing*
I did visited those 2 threads and I even posted on the tech thread. Concerning the nukes but after a while I thought I should just play the game so I restrained myself for further viewing it. The only trouble part probably is because it looks like I need to finish extra first before unlimited by information I get from wiki.

I would watch the anime for now. Because someone answered that the story here in total eclipse won't matter much or make a difference on the main story and just consider it 2 different stories but its more like this story is prequel?

So when someone mentioned that they are testing stuff for the main stuff then its probably true that showing total eclipse would be a test run for the alternative.

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen