AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 09:39   Link #3621
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Currently enjoying Dolphin Divers more than I had expected from the trial. These themes about "nakama" and whatnot really know how to catch my attention. Currently finished Minamo's, Yuri's and Noa's routes and aiming for Tsukimi's.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:26   Link #3622
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
I played Runa's route first and it almost made me quit. Personally, I found Yuuma in her route to be too dense and drama too dragged out for me to get into it. Some nice moments though. Good thing, I tried Yukino's afterwards, since that was much much better. Way to go, supportive friends.
Ugh, I hoped that there would at least be one "normal" route that has an I'm-in-love progression without stupid drama. I'm fine with awkwardness due to becoming aware of girl x. I will probably keep Runa for the last playthroug because I fear that there will be some useless anxiety between Yuuma <-> Runa <-> Yukino at some point. Her huge crush on Yuuma is made very clear in most situations so I assume Yuuma increased donkan has to do with him treating her like a younger sis + osananajimi in addition
I played Maya's route to h-scene 1 and it was somehow strange how the romance developped. I can't wrap my finger around it and it wasn't strange in a negative way. It's almost certain her drama will have to do with her movie actress past ...
Let's hope that Kyou, Maya + Runa won't have the second drama result in
Spoiler for Yukino + Midori midway drama:

Edit: Shame on you Yuuma. You questioned the osananajimi role in Runa's beginning, but failed to realize it in Yukino's own route >_<.
Edit 2: Wow, He's indeed *really* dense in Runa's route. And so far it has more or less went the way I don't prefer. Sorry, I just cannot enjoy love-triangle scenarios. DCII's was annoying enough.

And I finished Fey's route in Fortuna Rhapsody. To be honest, before you reached the point where she recovers her memory it was generally pretty boring so that I skipped most dialogues to reach the end. Her drama was a-okayish and nothing too sensational.

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-07-09 at 03:54.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:41   Link #3623
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
hi i just got akaneiro ni somaru seka and mashi iro symphony and im just wondering if there is an english or chinese walkthrough?
If you can read Chinese can you at least grasp on the Japanese sites? I usually input a title followed by "攻略" in a search engine when I search for a walkthrough.
Old 2012-07-09, 04:04   Link #3624
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
If you can read Chinese can you at least grasp on the Japanese sites? I usually input a title followed by "攻略" in a search engine when I search for a walkthrough.
Or just use g-seeker.net

Jap choices are very similar to Chinese ones anyway
Old 2012-07-09, 16:33   Link #3625
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for 1/2 summer's Tsugumi:

I forgot to mention that the MC Kaname is not the usual dense type found in lot's of eroge these days, but he is actually pretty smart.

So far for me 1/2 summer had 1 ok , 1 average and 1 pretty boring route, but hopefully i saved the best for the last: Ushio.

edit; maybe overreacted on some parts because the story wasn't that bad as a whole (it's too long for my taste, but atleast it was not as dull as Sora's because it has a few good moments in it) but the execution of it was poorly done (like the parallel world was a horrible plot device in near the end).

Last edited by hyl; 2012-07-09 at 18:14. Reason: late edits after "cooling down"
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 18:26   Link #3626
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Wow, He's indeed *really* dense in Runa's route. And so far it has more or less went the way I don't prefer. Sorry, I just cannot enjoy love-triangle scenarios. DCII's was annoying enough.
Love triangle scenarios could be OK if done properly. But most of the time the drama is just really badly written.

So I played Yukino and Midori's routes and they were so much better than Runa's. I liked Yukino's, at least Yuuma matures a bit. He's still useless in general though. (Still pissed off at the Runa route travesty).
Old 2012-07-10, 02:18   Link #3627
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Love triangle scenarios could be OK if done properly. But most of the time the drama is just really badly written.

So I played Yukino and Midori's routes and they were so much better than Runa's. I liked Yukino's, at least Yuuma matures a bit. He's still useless in general though. (Still pissed off at the Runa route travesty).
I finished Runa's route yesterday and, yes, with rare exceptions her route was a huge gloomy and depressing journey. Not only with the romance, but also outside of it . It's really a shame because Runa did in Yukino's route a nice job when she consoled him a few times.And Yuuma actually realized in Yukino's route (at the very, very end) that Runa has a crush on him.

Mhm, I think I finish Maya's route first because I'm deeper in her route than in Kyou's.

As a mid-breakdown: I could accept most drama, really I did, but if it were not so dragged out the experience would be much more lovely.
I'll be starting to look again for something more or less pure light-hearted in order to "relax" afterwards.

And I completed Futsuno Fantasy. It even had drama in Fantasy II, but it was handled far, far more tolerable and enjoyable so I don't have much to complain about this VN. Nice OST, an absolutely lovely cast (dere-dere hero Hisui and dere-dere fighter Karen were *hnnnnnghhhh* ).
It's a bit unfortunate that in Futsuno Fantasy II only the first 7 - 9 chapters and the epilogue were actually heroine specific (to develop the romance of choice) so that makes it a bit boring for viewing all endings afterwards.
Old 2012-07-10, 16:48   Link #3628
hyl
reading #hikaributts

My final impressions and some spoilers on 1/2 summer

Finished Ushio's story and i liked her the story the most out of the main heroines, because it was the sweetest and most romantic of the 4.

Spoiler for Ushio:

Unexpectedly, I didnt think that there was a true end "Kuroha" (and there is one other similar route called "reality", but the kuroha end is the extended version of this one) after finishing the 4 routes and the true route had a huge twist .

Spoiler for true end "Kuroha":

My opinion of this game changed after Ushio's (who ended up my favorite heroine) and the true route. The story was overall better (eventhough the twist in the true end came out of nowhere for me, eventhough in retrospect there were some minor hints about it) than what i expected, but the problem with this game was that some parts were dragging on too much and became pretty boring. I also disliked the lack of romance in some routes, but all of them were pretty lighthearted and there was pretty much no needless melodrama .

The characters were likable, but some of them became too drastically different in their own routes.
In the end my favorite routes were
Ushio > Kanami >Reality/Kuroha > Tsugumi >Sora

So overall for me 1/2 summer is a ok/decent eroge with quite some flaws.

edit: I am starting to think that the true end was not that good as a whole because
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by hyl; 2012-07-10 at 18:31.
Old 2012-07-11, 18:38   Link #3629
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Done with Maya's route in Hatsukoi 1/1.
For me personally, one of the strongest routes in this VN. Sure, their relationship started out a bit strange (imho) because the confession happened in the heat of moment, but it grew to a very strong bond between Yuuma and Maya during the course which allowed Maya to become more fragile in front of him and Yuuma to enforce his resolve - to protect her - multiple times. As expected her route dealt with her movie past and pushed it heavily at times in the present time. And while her drama took also its time it hadn't the head-banging effect as a few other routes provoked. A few drama moments seemed a bit too much for my liking, but tolerable.
As for her ending:
Spoiler for Maya Ending:

But, be it as it is, the ending worked out of course, so it's okay

That leaves me with Kyou's route and afterwards to look for something else (older and lately-released ones)

Edit:
Done with Kyou's route and thus finished Hatsukoi 1/1
To my pleasant surprise I found that Kyou's route had the most harmless drama. Whereas I had the urge to punch something in annoyment during other girl's drama parts, Kyou's drama didn't invoke this kind of negative emotions which by itself can be seen as a good thing . As expected her drama dealt with her reason why she has taken a break from the girl basketball club and how to "motivate" her to re-think her opinion. Yuuma was actually somewhat proactive which was another nice-to-see point.
Personal conclusion: Hatsukoi 1/1 could have been an amazing sugary-sweet VN if not for the dragged-out drama's in 3 from 5 routes AND those dramas were at times painful to read (= provoked the "wrong" emotions). The rabu-rabu moments in Midori and Yukino's route were great, but the drama afterwards destroyed this mood with a giant hammer (might be extremely forumlated by me).
Furthermore Yuuma's character was somewhat inconsistent because he was much, much better during Maya's and Kyou's routes in terms of usefulness. In exchange the rabu-rabu outside of h-scenes were in those two routes a bit "toned down" IMHO where Maya's moments were I think more frequent than Kyou's.

To move on: In my search for new food I have had to go back to either VNs I put back or I already played, but am willing to replay. I'm trying yuzusoft's Bra-Ban (<3 Sumi + her route has been quite sad. Made you wish you could b!tchslap those annoying bully-girls out of town). Given the launched KoiChoco anime, which I haven't watched yet, I might replay the VN as well on top of D.C III

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-07-14 at 17:00.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:01   Link #3630
csuree
The Most Hated™

Hi everyone.. i might be late but i only recently got to find and play some eroge and some of them are quite good i would like to see anime adaptations to it.....

i already played:
Guilty - the sin
downhill night 1 (2 is on hold i will download it and play it maybe next week)
monster girl quest 1 &2 (and just recently i finished them)

of course i'm interested in english language only (i get them from )
so i'd like some recommendations for somethat are similar (it can have hero theme,some comedy, romance, some school life) but please don't say clannad cause it is a tragic story it brings you down too much.

By the way monmusu quest was entertaining i liked it a lot, i am waiting for part 3 to come out :P

i did not lit those games that i played and hat too sadistic or too linear plot
Spoiler for the less good ones:

on my to play list:
downhill night 2
canvas 2
hoshizora no memoria

some opinions about these ones plz...(except downhill...i know same as DN1)
Old 2012-07-18, 12:28   Link #3631
halibonga

still need to finish Kira Kira, damn that VN is longgg
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 18:25   Link #3632
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Personal conclusion: Hatsukoi 1/1 could have been an amazing sugary-sweet VN if not for the dragged-out drama's in 3 from 5 routes AND those dramas were at times painful to read (= provoked the "wrong" emotions). The rabu-rabu moments in Midori and Yukino's route were great, but the drama afterwards destroyed this mood with a giant hammer (might be extremely forumlated by me).
Furthermore Yuuma's character was somewhat inconsistent because he was much, much better during Maya's and Kyou's routes in terms of usefulness. In exchange the rabu-rabu outside of h-scenes were in those two routes a bit "toned down" IMHO where Maya's moments were I think more frequent than Kyou's.

To move on: In my search for new food I have had to go back to either VNs I put back or I already played, but am willing to replay. I'm trying yuzusoft's Bra-Ban (<3 Sumi + her route has been quite sad. Made you wish you could b!tchslap those annoying bully-girls out of town). Given the launched KoiChoco anime, which I haven't watched yet, I might replay the VN as well on top of D.C III
I pretty much agree with your comments on Hatsukoi 1/1. Runa's route was a disaster and personally, I thought Maya's was a bit frustrating too due to the repeated theme. Judging by the credit roll, were Midori, Yukino and Kyou's written by the same writer, since there's 3 writers in the credits? Maybe Runa just got stuck with the awful writer, who knows. Yuuma's character was extremely inconsistent. Maybe that's why I liked the routes where he was somewhat useful more. Overall, some good parts, but a lot of unneeded drama (or at least badly presented).

Bra-ban's simplistic, but I like it a lot. Ebi is still one of my fav chars <3 I'd gladly help you out with beating up those bully girls. Can't say I particularly liked Koichoco, but art was nice. Also, there's a Koichoco-related all-ages game (Imaimo) coming out in November. There's a 14-year old Chisato and Satsuki!
Old 2012-07-19, 01:38   Link #3633
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Hi everyone.. i might be late but i only recently got to find and play some eroge and some of them are quite good i would like to see anime adaptations to it.....

on my to play list:

canvas 2
hoshizora no memoria

some opinions about these ones plz...(except downhill...i know same as DN1)
Personally, I found Canvas 2 very boring, but I also played only one route in it. This one route was enough that I couldn't be bothered to try the other ones. So my bias against it is based on a limited area.
Hoshizora no Memoria on the other hand was quite enjoyable. The story is well enough, it has a nice OST and the characters are very likeable (except for the kouhai chara in my case).
Old 2012-07-19, 10:07   Link #3634
thewingedone

My buddy just gave me his copy of Hoshizora e Kakeru Hashi and I am contemplating playing it... but is it any good?
Old 2012-07-19, 10:18   Link #3635
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I found Hoshikaka pretty average though

edit:

Quote:
Hoshizora no Memoria on the other hand was quite enjoyable. The story is well enough, it has a nice OST and the characters are very likeable (except for the kouhai chara in my case).
I disliked Chinami at the beginning of the game with her annoying antics. "onii chan, onii chan"

Last edited by hyl; 2012-07-19 at 11:26.
Old 2012-07-19, 13:24   Link #3636
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Finished Dolphin Divers. Overall, it would put it over your average eroge yet, as I said before, I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I had originaly expected which is always good.

It had a pretty boring start focusing so much in the training it quickly got repetitive. However the latter part of the common route (after Aqua is activated) is much better with focus on the characters and their development. That said, the game has a very slice of life (going to school, training, interating with everyone, etc) pacing with lots of comedy all arround as well as some short lived drama. Personally enjoyed how everyone cooperated with each others training to slowly overcome their weaknesses showing the results all their hard work during and after their training.

From the main characters to all the heroines and sub-characters the whole cast of the game is pretty likeable. Takeru is a very hard working main character who overcomes his many weaknesses (at first he can't swim at all) and, thankfully, does not suffer from the choudonkan MC syndrome. Kind and gentle he quickly becomes a leader like existence for everyone in the school.

There's a total of four heroines and each of them has a sub-heroine for a total of eight bishoujos to choose from with my favorite girl being the delicious tensai loli-like Noa.The sub-routes are really short and they often end right after the h-scene while the main routes are a lot longer in comparison. In all the routes there's comedy and the much appreciated romance and ichaicha along with very short drama episodes in-between.

Also played Yurika's route in Koiimo. Lots of h-scenes and ichaicha makes this one a safe choice if you are looking for a drama free moege with almost no plot.

Finally, currently playing Princess Evangile W Happiness. Finished Ruriko's route first which was only 4 chapters longs filled with romance and ichaicha for everyones pleasure and I currently reading Mitsuki's route which I'm enjoying even more. Tsundere's FTW!
Old 2012-07-19, 13:45   Link #3637
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I disliked Chinami at the beginning of the game with her annoying antics. "onii chan, onii chan"
Yeah, the prologue can be a test of patience at times, especially since they keep reusing the same three or four jokes over and over again. Once you reach the opening video however, the game gets much better.

Personally, I enjoyed Hoshimemo quite a bit. It's the only moege I liked out of all the ones I played, actually.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:43   Link #3638
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Also played Yurika's route in Koiimo. Lots of h-scenes and ichaicha makes this one a safe choice if you are looking for a drama free moege with almost no plot.
I play Koiimo as well, but not quite regularly. I find the VA's voices could be a bit louder even though I have it at maximum. That aside, the VN seems nice. Yurika's sudden change of feelings was funny. I've yet to reach the only choice-selection of it, though

I'm playing Kamigakari no Cross Heart and it has been very enjoyable. It has lots of raburabu + ichaicha and at least 4 h-scenes per heroine. In-between the beginning three routes is each a very mild drama. Currently on the two routes that will be unlocked after you completed either Anzu, Koneko or Hijiri's route.
My only annoyance lies within Koneko: In her own route she becomes a very cute character, but outside of it she more or less keeps her rude behavior towards Shougo due to her heavy obsession towards Anzu.
My favorite heroine so far is definitely Anzu . Such a sweet and cute girl in and outside of her route. It was extremly adorable how Shougo and she became inseperable/one heart and one soul after they had confessed to each other, especially once her personal uneasiness had been resolved.
Old 2012-07-21, 22:02   Link #3639
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewingedone View Post
My buddy just gave me his copy of Hoshizora e Kakeru Hashi and I am contemplating playing it... but is it any good?
it was alright, my fav is the ibuki route

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:47   Link #3640
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

I didn't like Hoshikaka much. It was quite shallow, and Madoka should've been the main heroine. Her route was the best among the six by far and fits in with the title theme. Possibly my negativity stems mostly from Hina's route; the others weren't good or bad, they were just... there.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel