AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 17:22   Link #61
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I have to disagree there. I'd think they would rather take their chances with something they can see and measure than the immeasurable "gaming skill" of their loved one. They could ask for a guarantee, but ultimately I think they'd do it regardless.
Old 2012-07-17, 17:45   Link #62
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I have to disagree there. I'd think they would rather take their chances with something they can see and measure than the immeasurable "gaming skill" of their loved one. They could ask for a guarantee, but ultimately I think they'd do it regardless.
Not when 213 out of 213 attempts have already ended in failure.

Would you play Russian Roulette with a semi-auto pistol?
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 18:37   Link #63
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Not when 213 out of 213 attempts have already ended in failure.

Would you play Russian Roulette with a semi-auto pistol?
Again. That's why you test it without a person wearing it. You can still measure microwave doses to see if whatever new technique you used inhibits the brain-blasting effect.

Those 213 out of 213 attempts proved fatal because they tried removing the helmet while it was still on the person. Of course if that attempt fails the person dies. But considering they now have 213 spare helmets, you can put it on some contraption ala Mythbusters-style and find a way that does work before you try removing it from an actual person's head.
Old 2012-07-17, 19:03   Link #64
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Again. That's why you test it without a person wearing it. You can still measure microwave doses to see if whatever new technique you used inhibits the brain-blasting effect.

Those 213 out of 213 attempts proved fatal because they tried removing the helmet while it was still on the person. Of course if that attempt fails the person dies. But considering they now have 213 spare helmets, you can put it on some contraption ala Mythbusters-style and find a way that does work before you try removing it from an actual person's head.
As it's not possible to connect to the SAO server anymore, I fail to see what good that will do, as it's likely that the program Kayaba used would've become inactive after the player was terminated. There's no telling if the helmets are even functional after the safety overwrite to fry its previous owner.
Old 2012-07-17, 19:54   Link #65
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
As it's not possible to connect to the SAO server anymore, I fail to see what good that will do, as it's likely that the program Kayaba used would've become inactive after the player was terminated. There's no telling if the helmets are even functional after the safety overwrite to fry its previous owner.
There's a thing called reverse engineering.
Old 2012-07-17, 20:07   Link #66
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
There's a thing called reverse engineering.
Which doesn't always bear fruit

Also, by the time you have to resort to "reverse-engineer this and invent that", you know you've gone beyond finding plotholes, but more into fanfic territory.
Old 2012-07-18, 00:13   Link #67
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Do you think Kirito was just bs'ing about being the best player in the game? I mean, obviously, he said those things in order to negate the suspicions players were starting to have about one other, but I wonder if the fact that he was able to defend against the Wolf Lord's attacks was as he said it was? I was under the impression that because this game has no magic or class distinctions, it should be theoretically improbable to be more effective in one area of battle over someone else, yet Kirito manages to do just that(with the help of Asuna) by single-handedly parrying the Wolf Lord's attacks. Does this mean levels don't even matter, as long as you have the techniques(i.e. tactics, not "skills") to defend against the enemy?
i think its both, becuz he does in fact have more exp than the rest, and he's an avid gamer.

since this is a real world setting, you decide how you want to attack. if its working, than just go with it until you need to adapt/change
Old 2012-07-18, 12:32   Link #68
Alucard24

Quote:
As it's not possible to connect to the SAO server anymore
I didn't see that, are you sure ? My guess would be that, it's not possible because there was only 10'000 license but anyone who can bypass the check (like a tech for example) should be able to connect. I don't see why a helmet "used" could not connect anymore except if the kill switch does destroy the helmet at the same time.

And you forgot something : theses helmets are mass produced products which mean that a lot of people did control what's inside before authorizing it for selling (at least it's like that in Europe). That mean they already have the plan of the helmet.
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 12:49   Link #69
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
I didn't see that, are you sure ? My guess would be that, it's not possible because there was only 10'000 license but anyone who can bypass the check (like a tech for example) should be able to connect. I don't see why a helmet "used" could not connect anymore except if the kill switch does destroy the helmet at the same time.

And you forgot something : theses helmets are mass produced products which mean that a lot of people did control what's inside before authorizing it for selling (at least it's like that in Europe). That mean they already have the plan of the helmet.
This point has already been raised by me on page 2. The main limitation at the end of the discussion was that you need to train thousands of disarming teams to disarm all the helmets in one go, else you risk Kayaba killing everyone out of spite. That, or you invent a device that latch onto the helmets and disarm it in an automatic fashion and make thousands of them to use in sync. It's not the disarming that's hard but how to do it quickly to everyone.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 14:47   Link #70
kyp275
Meh

Quote:

It has nothing to do with the helmets, Kayaba has complete control over the SAO system at this point, it would be beyond trivial to deny additional clients from logging into the system.
Old 2012-07-18, 15:12   Link #71
Alucard24

yes it would be easy but I didn't know he did it. If you think about it, why would he specifically deny any other login ? More people = more struggle and he likes that.
Old 2012-07-18, 15:16   Link #72
Hmm....

Because any message from outside world would destroy role-playing enviroment he created for player ??
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 11:57   Link #73
Alucard24

Ok, I think I ran out of solutions for this Since there is no way to remove the battery from the helmet or to disconnect it, no way to stop it from the company and no way to find the bad guy.....

They're all screwed xD
Old 2012-07-19, 12:17   Link #74
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
They're all screwed xD
the can beat the game
Old 2012-07-20, 07:45   Link #75
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Has anyone realized that their hair is gonna stink up to unbelievable levels? Since you can't remove the helmet to wash it.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:11   Link #76
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Has anyone realized that their hair is gonna stink up to unbelievable levels? Since you can't remove the helmet to wash it.
I doubt that's very high on their list of concerns.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 13:13   Link #77
Alucard24

True, didn't think of that. And of course, they would be veryyyyyy long after some time. Same for the beard for the guys.

And I don't even want to think about a pregnant women....
Old 2012-07-20, 13:39   Link #78
qz89

there is 2 clue from the 1 episode...
why the programmer use Mirror to reveal the player Identity?
Why he want to keep them on the Game and complete it with any method?

1. He want people to appreciate his creation
2. He want people to live in his "own world". Normaly@Abnormally,Married & have a child.
3. He psycho and he think this is game
4. He want to save the black-hair-girl in the op

How the hell they can still live?
There is additional battery, as long the helmet is not removed, the body can transferred to facilities and they will get a supply of nutrient, of course, by tube.
qz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 13:45   Link #79
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
True, didn't think of that. And of course, they would be veryyyyyy long after some time. Same for the beard for the guys.

Well, if you're that worried, there have been cases where comatose patient gave birth successfully.
Old 2012-07-20, 16:49   Link #80
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:

It'd look a bit funny in SAO if your avatar is pregnant as well, after all they do look rather similar, if not exact copies, to their real bodies

All the posts about hair and beards, this is Japanese fiction. Like most Japanese fiction, characters have spiky hair that defies gravity and their hair will never grow. Unless a character had a beard before, it is once again unlikely he'll grow one.

If they do, it will be off screen. How many of you want to see scenes how they wash&trim hair in the hospital?