AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-04, 12:06   Link #901
commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzhul View Post
This may sound trippy, but there is an ending AFTER refrain in which riki saves everyone.. and you're right. the same way Clannad performed their miracle, LB performed theirs.. only instead of orbs, they used Komari's magic hairband to make a wish. and agin, like Balzac said, it simply wouldn't be Key if they could not imply both a good and bad ending simultaneously. It all comes down to what you WANT to think... just because im a sucker for happy endings, I am going to go ahead and say they miracles do come true and Riki and Rin's wish to save everyone was in the real world timeline and everyone lives happily ever after.
ah, I forgot about the hairband thing, that's a valid point.
commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 22:57   Link #902
Morzhul

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
ah, I forgot about the hairband thing, that's a valid point.
And thus it always comes down on what you WANT to happen... Key leaves it up to you to decide the ending.. they've become quite good at it actually, look at Angel Beats
SPOILER ALERT: ANGEL BEATS!
The ending showed everyone reincarnating, which left you very sad for the male protagonist (the names escape me, been many years since i've seen it) because he finally realized he loved the girl known as Angel and wanted to stay with her, and upon hearing that she was able to reincarnate... Leaving the main character no choice but to move on and reincarnate himself... It was a sad ending, however, after the credits you hear a new female character humming the same song that Angel always used to hum, and you then see the main character chasing after her. <-- again you decide if he catches her or not and if it ended happily.
Similar events occured in Kanon <-- really damn sad in my opinion, Clannad, and pretty much EVERY anime Key has ever released...
While we're on the topic!!! Who's excited for the upcoming release of the LB anime?! and also, how long do you think it will take for a dubbed release?
Morzhul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 00:44   Link #903
commando

Quote:
And thus it always comes down on what you WANT to happen... Key leaves it up to you to decide the ending.. they've become quite good at it actually, look at Angel Beats
SPOILER ALERT: ANGEL BEATS!
The ending showed everyone reincarnating, which left you very sad for the male protagonist (the names escape me, been many years since i've seen it) because he finally realized he loved the girl known as Angel and wanted to stay with her, and upon hearing that she was able to reincarnate... Leaving the main character no choice but to move on and reincarnate himself... It was a sad ending, however, after the credits you hear a new female character humming the same song that Angel always used to hum, and you then see the main character chasing after her. <-- again you decide if he catches her or not and if it ended happily.
Similar events occured in Kanon <-- really damn sad in my opinion, Clannad, and pretty much EVERY anime Key has ever released...
While we're on the topic!!! Who's excited for the upcoming release of the LB anime?! and also, how long do you think it will take for a dubbed release?
Well personally I thought the ending for Angel Beats wasn't as interpret-it-the-way-you-want" compared to Clannad and LB. They both get reincarnated and meet in real life, happy ending That song "My Song" only existed in that alternative world, both of them recognize it plus they look similar.

As for the LB anime. First impression from the trailer was the characters look different, especially their eyes. It is still uncertain how they will tell the story, how they are gonna handle each arc in addition to the main arc. The VN itself is even longer than Clannad so I hope they don't rush through LB in just one season. Now that I think about it, two seasons of 24 episodes each is like 4 months of painful weekly episodes, not to mention the delay between the seasons. I really can't stand weekly episodes. >.>
Old 2012-08-05, 03:22   Link #904
Balzac
Assistant Professor

RE: anime

One impression I had of the game before I read it all was that everything seemed...artificial to put it simply. The common route had mini-games, scoring tables, fight scenes, the background CGs even seemed a bit off, giving, to me at least, that artificial feeling. Coupled with the technoriffs they used in much of the music gave me that overall impression of Little Busters! routes before Refrain, and that's not even counting Kudo's, Mio's and kurugaya's routes. That's how it all then clicked for me nicely during the denouement when I learned about "the secret of the world".

Though I'm not going to watch the anime, one thing I think would've made a good impression to me, or maybe the viewers, is if they included such evocative things about the world to aid in foreshadowing. Probably noticing the same old students walking to and fro in the background, with quite blank/featureless faces for most of them when Riki's not looking directly at them, or maybe make most places Riki goes to seem empty.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:52   Link #905
Morzhul

Quote:
Well personally I thought the ending for Angel Beats wasn't as interpret-it-the-way-you-want" compared to Clannad and LB. They both get reincarnated and meet in real life, happy ending That song "My Song" only existed in that alternative world, both of them recognize it plus they look similar.

As for the LB anime. First impression from the trailer was the characters look different, especially their eyes. It is still uncertain how they will tell the story, how they are gonna handle each arc in addition to the main arc. The VN itself is even longer than Clannad so I hope they don't rush through LB in just one season. Now that I think about it, two seasons of 24 episodes each is like 4 months of painful weekly episodes, not to mention the delay between the seasons. I really can't stand weekly episodes. >.>
Regardless of how long it takes them to complete the anime, I would much prefer they take the time to do it correctly and not rush through the story. Given the way that the VN progressed, I would almost say they would HAVE to give each character their arcs unless they had intentions of changing the story in such a way that it didn't require the arcs (big no-no in my opinion). I've had to learn some serious patience with VN's and anime series, due to the outrageously long wait times for translations, subs, and dubs. Tomoyo-After for instance; I've been waiting on this VN translation for almost 5 years now, and still to this day it is not completed (though it looks to be very close). So I will hold my breath a little longer if it means Key will take the time to do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
One impression I had of the game before I read it all was that everything seemed...artificial to put it simply. The common route had mini-games, scoring tables, fight scenes, the background CGs even seemed a bit off, giving, to me at least, that artificial feeling. Coupled with the technoriffs they used in much of the music gave me that overall impression of Little Busters! routes before Refrain, and that's not even counting Kudo's, Mio's and kurugaya's routes. That's how it all then clicked for me nicely during the denouement when I learned about "the secret of the world".

Though I'm not going to watch the anime, one thing I think would've made a good impression to me, or maybe the viewers, is if they included such evocative things about the world to aid in foreshadowing. Probably noticing the same old students walking to and fro in the background, with quite blank/featureless faces for most of them when Riki's not looking directly at them, or maybe make most places Riki goes to seem empty.
If anything, I think they should have removed some of the foreshadowing. I picked up on the artificiality fairly quickly into the VN and I had already began suspecting some "otherworldly activity." Honestly I think they shouldn't give any hints as to the true nature of things, and then shock the unsuspecting audience with the whole "everyone is dead" scenario. It's just in my opinion that it would make a more significant impact on the audience.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:00   Link #906
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Nah, dropping subtle hints is always a good thing in a story such as this one. Plus using one of the routes like they did Kurugaya's was genius...her whole route is what makes most people start to connect the dots.
And there's also the whole "Some routes have fantasy elements, some don't." which makes you wonder...why are there such fantasy elements in Mio and Kuu's routes but none in Haruka and Komari?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:01   Link #907
commando

Quote:
Regardless of how long it takes them to complete the anime, I would much prefer they take the time to do it correctly and not rush through the story. Given the way that the VN progressed, I would almost say they would HAVE to give each character their arcs unless they had intentions of changing the story in such a way that it didn't require the arcs (big no-no in my opinion). I've had to learn some serious patience with VN's and anime series, due to the outrageously long wait times for translations, subs, and dubs. Tomoyo-After for instance; I've been waiting on this VN translation for almost 5 years now, and still to this day it is not completed (though it looks to be very close). So I will hold my breath a little longer if it means Key will take the time to do it right.
haha yep I too have been waiting for Tomoyo-After. I already read the manga so I think I already know some of the important plots in the VN already, assuming they are similar
Old 2012-08-05, 15:15   Link #908
Morzhul

Quote:
haha yep I too have been waiting for Tomoyo-After. I already read the manga so I think I already know some of the important plots in the VN already, assuming they are similar
I didn't even know there was a manga for Tomoyo-After... Now I'm off to spend some money! Speaking of spin-offs. Kud Wafter's translation has made some excellent progress! I'm excited for that one as well! Now if I could only convince Key to produce another side story for Kurugaya, who was undoubtedly my favorite heroine.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:10   Link #909
Dizzyworld2

LOL. Just to add to this,
Spoiler for Harya Hore Umau VS Kurugaya:
Dizzyworld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 09:18   Link #910
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld2 View Post
LOL. Just to add to this,
Spoiler for Harya Hore Umau VS Kurugaya:
Oh snap, that's some luck! She got her katana!
That's Anego for yah!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 13:26   Link #911
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I would appreciate if you stick with the thread topic, instead of pulling random chatters and whatnot. Chunk of posts have been removed.
If you have nothing to supplement in any -discussion- related to LB, please don't post.
Old 2012-08-20, 09:17   Link #912
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

there are stuff I don't get about Saya's route (which I had just started doing around 6 hours ago and still continuing)

Spoiler:

====
And speaking of stuff, I have calibrated a complete list (which may or may not have been discussed in the previous posts.) I had posted it earlier, but something came up.... -_-

Code:
<<Required Points>>
[ ] 3-cour MINIMUM
[ ] Omnibus / Continuous Format w/ Skipped Parts
[ ] Required Details (Mention / Flashback / Short Sequence)
>>> [ ] Battle Rankings 
>>> [ ] Baseball Practice
>>> [ ] "Shaka-Shaka Hey!" Special Emphasis
>>> [ ] Rin vs Unidentified Lifeforms
>>> [ ] Kick the Can
>>> [ ] Stage Play Ideas
>>> [ ] (Can be "Last Playthrough" Only) LB wins the Baseball Match
>>> [ ] Ripples of Thoughts at EP 1
[ ] New versions of:
>>> [ ] Alicemagic
>>> [X] Little Busters!
[X] No changes to:
>>> [X] Komari's VA
>>> [X] Rin's VA
>>> [X] Kud's VA
>>> [X] Kurugaya's VA
[ ] Refrain is handled w/ care (at least one of the main points)
>>> [ ] a KyoAni adaptation of 2nd season
>>> [ ] a KyoAni movie adaptation of 1st season
>>> [ ] Perfect 1-cour season
[ ] OVAs (any one of the ff.)
>>> [ ] Kurugaya's True Route OVA
>>> [ ] Muscle Sensation OVA
>>> [ ] Kud Wafter OVA
[ ] Special EDs at the end of the Arc
>>> [ ] Mio
>>> [ ] Kurugaya
>>> [ ] Haruka

<<Bonus Points>>
[ ] EX Routes (in the form of OVA / Episodes)
>>> [ ] Kanata
>>> [ ] Sasami
>>> [ ] Saya (Can NEVER be an OVA btw.)
[ ] Unnecessary Points (will be expanded soon)
>>> [ ] Kurugaya's Advice to everyone
>>> [ ] Mio and the Science Club
>>> [ ] At least one cameo of the extra chars. before the Arcs.
>>> [ ] Fix Kurugaya Arc + Rin Arc 's <IjustwantRiki> character
>>> [ ] Mention the "For some reason I can't go to <place>"
>>> [ ] The Big Cat during Baseball Practice / Rin's Arc (I don't know its name though)
>>> [ ] Haruka and the Apocalypse Scenario
>>> [ ] Display Stats (Like Arm Power, etc.)
[ ] 4-cour
[ ] Visuals Consistency
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 19:03   Link #913
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler for Saya:

As to your list, what's your concern with Suginami? And Doruji?
Old 2012-08-20, 21:55   Link #914
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Spoiler for Saya:
Why DID Doruji appear only in EX?

Anyway...

[A short summary of what I understand so far... playing the untranslated route.]
Spoiler for Kyousuke / Saya:

Quote:
As to your list, what's your concern with Suginami? And Doruji?
Like I said, <<Bonus Points>> for JC if they have somehow included that cat (w/c is Doruji) in the Baseball Practice. While it accounts to many as wierd, and "wtfsuchacatexists?!" reactions, it's a good reference to note that not everything is what it seems.

As for Suginami, let's just say that what seems to be "throw-away characters" is bad in the eyes of many people (including me.) Even a short cameo would be great, simply to prove she was there in the first place.
Old 2012-08-20, 23:47   Link #915
Meltyred

Having played through the game, I am confused to whether this is a BL game or not...
What with Masato confessing like nearly every scene, Kyousuke and Riki moments and the sleepover scene...

Another great work by Key, although Rin didn't feel like a Heroine by much..... (Not going to check out Kud wafer, it hurts just thinking about it)
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 00:22   Link #916
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler for Saya's Ending:

And Doruji's awesome for racking up skills, as I recall.
Old 2012-08-21, 04:05   Link #917
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Spoiler for Saya's Ending:
Sounds like Saya's a good start off for several fanfics.

Spoiler for Saya, IMO:

I wanted to take other EX routes (the *cough*extended*cough* versions of everyone's routes + Kanata and Sasami), but I feel as if I'm going to miss a lot more if I look at it untranslated. (in fact, even the present EX Common Route in TL-Wiki has quite a lot of those...) I have a feeling, though, that the EX routes will see the light of day... if not animated by the Key-affiliated guys...

====

I haven't noticed though, but was there any changes to the battle items in EX and the original? sure there was Doruji... then...?
Quote:
And Doruji's awesome for racking up skills, as I recall.
I find it REALLY hard to hit that ball when it hits that wall-upped cat.

EDIT: I forgot something... Saya's Song is very very good... almost like as dramatic as the Clannad EDs.

EDIT2: Unrelated. Shaka-Shaka-Hey? Shaka Shaka Hey.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2012-08-21 at 07:32.
Old 2012-08-21, 18:08   Link #918
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler for Saya, and a number of other Key works (endings):
Old 2012-08-23, 09:37   Link #919
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There is no way for them to put EX heroines in the first season, considering how long the original heroines route are. If they do plan LB on 2 seasons (which would be the ideal length), they can potentially just put Saya, Kanata and Sasami in the second season, then followed by Refrain.

But if they plan only 1 season to wrap everything, they will have to cut a lot of things, without any guarantee Refrain will be intact, let alone EX routes.
So should they have plans for a second season, I hope they will announce it soon, otherwise the reactions won't exactly be pretty.

For those who still have no idea about it: LB is longer than clannad (and that's without including EX), and yet the latter required 2 seasons of 24 episodes (actually 22-23 each) and still had to cut things left and right, so 26 episodes for everything is not doable without major cuts.
Well, if there is no Refrain part, I believe this anime will not end perfectly. Seriously, since Refrain is the core of everything in Little Busters, finally there should be it. Then if 26 eps doesn't include Refrain, I believe there will be SS2 after all.

For the EX heroine routes, actually I don't hope much about that. However if there it is, then it's fine. .
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 09:50   Link #920
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
Well, if there is no Refrain part, I believe this anime will not end perfectly. Seriously, since Refrain is the core of everything in Little Busters, finally there should be it. Then if 26 eps doesn't include Refrain, I believe there will be SS2 after all.

For the EX heroine routes, actually I don't hope much about that. However if there it is, then it's fine. .
Remember that Clannad didn't have After Story right from the get go either, so not having Refrain in the end isn't really that bad. In fact, it isn't as "unsatisfying" as clannad 1st season.

As for the EX routes, better discuss that in the game thread.

Come to the think of it, I'm not even sure if all heroines will be possible to squeeze in the first place, because of the length, but also how they will have to change few things, depending if they do a continuous adaptation or use the omnibus format.
At least, I hope they will do something like:
Komari => Kud=> Haruka => Mio => Yuiko => Rin [///] [Pre Refrain] => Refrain.

Although if they really plan Ex routes, they should logically put Kanata route right after Haruka, so that would mean they have to tackle non EX heroine back in the "possible" S2. So, the logical way they should do that would be:
Komari => Kud => Haruka => Kanata => Mio [///] Yuiko => Rin => Saya => Refrain

But if we assume that there won't be a S2, well... they will have to discard Kud, Haruka, Mio, the EX routes and change Yuiko so it will "match" Rin, but I would definitely not like the outcome of that kind of decision...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-08-23 at 11:17.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel