AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 12:49   Link #2601
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2461748&highlight=katarina
Being able to harass the enemy from afar with a random Q bounce is what gave Katarina an edge over the enemies that countered her (I faced a Leblanc, and was destroyed by her simply because I could no longer whittle her hp down from afar).
Just saying.

When I play mid against Kat, those blades stops becoming ignorable at rank 3 and starts hurting at rank 4. Considering she can spam those more, she can trade favourably from outside your range if she gets a lucky bounce. Now in the PBE, I just pretty much ignore BB bounce and counter harass everytime because I know I'll win the trade every time.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:50   Link #2602
Cream

Ha, well they said that they played 11 games in the span of about 12 hours so saintvicious after losing the 1st game just wanted to throw in the towel.

Yeah, it's kinda surprising. I thought Mtw NA would pull ahead this tournament. Aphro is a big factor in carrying his teams, him and Salce have always been underrated for how strong they are even with a below average professional team. I remember back in Epik Salce would carry them to 2nd place all the time lol
Old 2012-08-14, 20:45   Link #2603
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just saying.

When I play mid against Kat, those blades stops becoming ignorable at rank 3 and starts hurting at rank 4. Considering she can spam those more, she can trade favourably from outside your range if she gets a lucky bounce. Now in the PBE, I just pretty much ignore BB bounce and counter harass everytime because I know I'll win the trade every time.
I'd love to believe that, but when it goes against everything I have seen and heard until now (mind you that I moved to Taiwan and SEA server), I really had trouble listening to that analyzing. I'm not talking about the new Kat is nerfed or not, but about choosing to max Bouncing Blade instead of Shunpo isn't something I saw over here, even at high elo game.
Old 2012-08-16, 09:32   Link #2604
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

M5's demolition of EloHell is beyond scary. Alex with Gragas is just...how the...But EloHell's team choice in Game 1 was absurd. Naut, Leona and Nunu...they didnt synergise enough while Gragas and Lee Sin could absorb anything and let Corki go nuts while Sona kept them topped up. Thier Yorick keeping Nunu near dead up top all game was rather amusing. Much better match in Game 2, Vander definitely got the better on bot and made Gosu feel out of place early. But despite EloHell's domination early, M5 only needed 1 proper team fight to take back the initiative. Darien's pushing despite his early deaths made a big difference later on. Alex with Gragas and Diamond with Shyvana is i sight to behold. M5 are darn good at keeping up with gold even if they're down on kills/push.

Curse really made a mistake on underestimating Fnaticrc. Their trash talking in the leadup backfired big-time.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-16 at 10:48.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 11:02   Link #2605
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Anything but clg.eu vs M5 in the finals would be pure madness
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 11:48   Link #2606
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Anything but clg.eu vs M5 in the finals would be pure madness
Alex did say he hopes for SK to beat CLG. ^^
Old 2012-08-16, 12:10   Link #2607
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Alex did say he hopes for SK to beat CLG. ^^
Ofc he does since clg.eu are the ones most capable of beating M5
... even more so, I see clg.eu winning this tournament and given their recent performance in South Korea they're the favourite anyway.
Old 2012-08-16, 13:09   Link #2608
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Whoever beats M5 has to get a leash on Alex. The guy just does too much damage in major team battles. If CLG or SK don't ban Gragas and Vladmir when they verse M5, they're asking for trouble. That roaming he was allowed to do in Game 1 was just chilling. Drift between every single lane and still outcreep by the amount he did - yike. It's rather intriguing to see AP and support doing more damage for them then their AD, but they do like to focus on early ganks. Game 2, seeing them able to just let Graves keep shooting away and take out the rest of his team instead was freaky.
Old 2012-08-16, 16:50   Link #2609
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Alex is great but the things Froggen can do with certain champs is ridiculous. Let him have Anivia and the opponent team is almost guaranteed to be in trouble. Hard to tell which is the better mid, depends on form of the day.

also, Azubu Blaze vs Frost tomorrow. Too bad it coincides with SK's game at gamescom. Think I'll watch the former.
Old 2012-08-16, 23:34   Link #2610
Cream

I only saw a bit of Fnatic vs Crseu and i must say Fnatic looks really strong right now. I do think crseu did under perform though.

Curse Na's gaming mansion(house?) looks totally insane.

Dignitas looked really strong against clg NA int he ESL pro series even though clg na was playing on korea->NA ping.
Old 2012-08-17, 01:20   Link #2611
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah. Europe regionals so far being stomps, though nice to see Elo Hell pull out some weird champions (Nunu top, Eve mid). Hopefully tomorrow would look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'd love to believe that, but when it goes against everything I have seen and heard until now (mind you that I moved to Taiwan and SEA server), I really had trouble listening to that analyzing. I'm not talking about the new Kat is nerfed or not, but about choosing to max Bouncing Blade instead of Shunpo isn't something I saw over here, even at high elo game.
I dunno about what's happening on those servers, but BB has always been maxed by Katarinas ever since I started even before S1. Forget about it being your ranged harass, but fact is that it's your ranged farming tool when you have a melee auto attack. It would be foolish to max Shunpo first when the majority of mid you face are ranged, where you can take so much damage just from trying to last hit. And when your enemy laner starts pushing to your tower with their AoE farming, you need something to counter push with else you're gonna lose minions to tower you'd otherwise get.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 07:05   Link #2612
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, I finally believe you Kafriel. After seeing what Ocelote did to keep SK in Game 2 and outdo Puki in the damage stakes, Orianna is quite a capable champion. He also does a mean Gragas. Kevin's Irelia was also impressive. Props to Puki, though - he definitely outshone Yellowstar by quite a margin in Game 2 for Acer. Aranae stealing Baron for SK was quite stunning. SK's lane pushing while Acer were getting Barons earlier made the difference in the final push. Game 2 was darn good. 760 missing taunts on Shen in Game 2 was costly though. Ocelote getting away over and over as well as Yellowstar getting a few nail-biting escapes - clutch. Ocelote getting that split-second kill on Puki was the moment of the match for me. Puki had picked off so many that battle and seemed to have the damage, but Ocelote was too pre-emptive with Ball.

And CLG put Alternate to the sword. Even with the highest elo ranked player, Alternate got smashed by Froggen. Anivia and then Gragas. The commentators made an interesting comment in the wrap-up - displacement champions are winning matches, so Gragas, Orianna and Anivia are working well in that regard. Just intrigues me how much in draft mode, AD is usually the factor but in those tournies, it's the AP mid that's determining the outcome.

The cosplay contest was..interesting...I kind of understand why Renekton won.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-17 at 10:11.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:52   Link #2613
killer3000ad

Renekton is French.
Old 2012-08-18, 03:40   Link #2614
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

He should have said "I don't speak english"

Anyway , Syndra new champ mechanics & more about her stats

Omg her ulti with 3 more spheres is a better version of Veigar's ulti and the max sphere is 2,5x times better lol but well , it needs a lot of work to make it

Last edited by -Sho-; 2012-08-18 at 03:56.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 05:07   Link #2615
Destined_Fate

Shame she isn't Kassadin's daughter. Seriously, they teased that so hard. Would have loved to see a new Void Champion, besides Ionia isn't even strapped for Champions. If anything Zaun is!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 05:29   Link #2616
Skane
Anime Snark

Well, at least she's keeping the tradition of audacious Ionian headdresses.

Heh.
Old 2012-08-18, 06:07   Link #2617
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm really interested in her grab/throw. If it's similar to Darius' apprehend with the ability to throw the target around then that's going to be hilarious.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 09:05   Link #2618
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Moscow 5 qualify for the finals and get that coveted salary spot and Season 3 spot. However, Fnaticrc pushed them to 3 games, which was commendable since they're only the 3rd team to take a game from M5. What confused me about M5 in Game 2 and Fnaticrc in Game 3 was their choices, M5 were so weak on CC and AoE in Game 2 and got smashed as a result. Zyra and Graves smashed them hard. But in Game 3...I had no confidence in Fnaticrc after their choices. Mundo didn't seem appopriate as jungle, Lulu as support was a real mistake and Ahri, while generally a good pick, seemed to be anti what xPeke accomplished in Game 2 with Zyra against Alex's Karthus. Allowed Alex to do Ryze again in Game 3? Not smart...Alex with Ryze is just a wrecking ball. Darien's ability at top lane was impressive. Everyone thought his Shen would get beat by Soaz's Jayce but Darien just did it. Game 3 he did good as Xin Zhao despite being counterpicked by Soaz's Malphite. Fnatcrc's composition just seemed more off than M5's in Game 2.
Old 2012-08-18, 09:33   Link #2619
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

What a blunder, no oracle for most of the time cost clg.eu the first game imo.
Old 2012-08-18, 09:43   Link #2620
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
What a blunder, no oracle for most of the time cost clg.eu the first game imo.
They were just too conservative full stop. Froggen never had blue all match...SK just went for CLG's blue over and over and got it. I get CLG only go for what they thought they can win, but they just held back all match and eventually Kevin just blitzed them on Gangplank. It was also evident Yellowpete really wanted Ezreal and that Yellowstar getting it left him off-par somewhat on Corki. And SK just had their way with turrets. CLG need to get assertive. I love Ocelote's Orianna for SK - also seems like a nice guy IRL too.

If CLG don't ban Orianna, they're asking for trouble. However, the commentators are claiming Ocelote has a special plan/character he wants to unleash if given the opportunity.

Edit - HA! SK banned Ezreal! Yellowpete must be fuming!

Tags
league of legends, lol