AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-19, 14:20   Link #1221
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Though I really don't think building up a melee character to be a glass cannon is a smart idea...
He's that good with his swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Glass cannons are really effective to a certain extent. They believe in the best defense is a good offensive. Plus if you can one hit your enemy in accel world wouldn't that be a good thing? Than again his attribute is earth so I wouldn't think hes pure defense.
In a game where you can dodge and fight at mind blowing speeds, it's actually a good thing to have less defense in a game whose laws are incredibly realistic.
Because increasing defense probably means more weight on yourself, making you slower.

Then again...there's that "Tank Demon" called Green Grandee
Old 2012-08-19, 14:56   Link #1222
garf02

I dont get why people call Lotus a Glass Canon, yeah she is not Green Grande lvl, but she also have a decent defense, I mean, she took Nikos <<Heat Blast Saturation>> In the face, after have fought other king and survived,

Edge on the other hand do is a glass canon, Even Ardon Maiden could beat him in hand to hand fight.. and maiden is Red Color.

about Edge being hearth, I think thats more just for his name, but even if it where related, then is logical why he is so physical week, Graphite is among the weakest element that are made by Charcoal Molecules...thats what pencil are made of
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 21:27   Link #1223
churchblue
Banned

I still think SC and LB leveled up in Vol 12.
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 22:54   Link #1224
Shiyumi

Anyone know what type of monster Metatron is?
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 01:02   Link #1225
garf02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
Anyone know what type of monster Metatron is?
If I recall, it was an angel
Old 2012-08-20, 09:27   Link #1226
garf02

I think we are overseen a fact regarding
Spoiler for Red Rider Gunsmith Skill:

>inb4 Falcon made the Disaster Armor
Spoiler for The Disaster Origin:
Old 2012-08-20, 12:35   Link #1227
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
I think we are overseen a fact regarding
Spoiler for Red Rider Gunsmith Skill:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-08-20, 14:30   Link #1228
garf02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for reply:
have the most broken skill yet in the game, decides to be a good guy,

Thats why Rider was a bro
Old 2012-08-20, 14:49   Link #1229
Lycodrake

Quote:
have the most broken skill yet in the game, decides to be a good guy.

Thats why Rider was a bro.
That sort of personality trait, or at least aspect, is probably, and every well more than likely, why Purple Thorn was so attracted to him.
Old 2012-08-20, 15:35   Link #1230
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for reply:
Hes a passive person? You may have the ability to rule the world, but that doesn't mean you have to do it. Not all people are aggressive or greedy. I'm guessing Red Rider was peace loving idiot. But from what point did he decide to be a peace loving idiot would be my question. Or maybe he just didn't want to see his friends get hurt. I mean all the colored kings where friends in the beginning weren't they?

Is it me or does every person thats red have the ability to make something so far? Kirikin makes a giant robot. Current red king makes a immobile moving fortress. Red army would be broken if they all could make stuff...
Old 2012-08-20, 16:39   Link #1231
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Spoiler for :

But there is one more question, no offense to SAO fans, but why does more ppl like SAO then AW. SAO has a good story but to me, AW story is superior right now with now all the new revelations that is going on.
Old 2012-08-20, 17:58   Link #1232
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Is it me or does every person thats red have the ability to make something so far? Kirikin makes a giant robot. Current red king makes a immobile moving fortress. Red army would be broken if they all could make stuff...
As a blue avatar levels up, his CQC should improve, e.g. stronger attacks, new melee abilities etc.
For a red avatar, he gets more range options/fire power, but since the equipment he carries at one point of time is limited (Scarlet Rain has one gun), they get to summon tanks/robots for more fire power?
Old 2012-08-20, 18:10   Link #1233
garf02

Quote:
Hes a passive person? You may have the ability to rule the world, but that doesn't mean you have to do it. Not all people are aggressive or greedy. I'm guessing Red Rider was peace loving idiot. But from what point did he decide to be a peace loving idiot would be my question. Or maybe he just didn't want to see his friends get hurt. I mean all the colored kings where friends in the beginning weren't they?

Is different, Crikin needs metal as raw material and strengh of te robot depends on the amount of material, also it disappear after the fight end.

Rain, fortress was adquired as lvl up bonuses.

Rider is special, he could create any gun with any stat, and the gun was permanent, he can even share the creations with other players. the only avatar with the skill to make something, being permanent and being usable by other avatar aside from himself
Old 2012-08-20, 18:16   Link #1234
garf02

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvGjPRlDhMU

Then read this:

Spoiler for spoiler:

How do you feel?
Old 2012-08-20, 19:21   Link #1235
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post

But there is one more question, no offense to SAO fans, but why does more ppl like SAO then AW. SAO has a good story but to me, AW story is superior right now with now all the new revelations that is going on.
Probably because AW is the offspring of SAO. SAO i guess is more enjoyable? People actually die. Kirito is always having a mental-breakdown and Haryuki.. is fat? I know a lot of people dislike AW cause the MC is fat. Than again currently I know people who hate the animated SAO cause there aren't that many fights compared to AW. SAO has a deeper more "adult-like" story. AW is essentially a toned down story of SAO. AW was made after the author understood how to build a proper structure for a story I'm speculating. SAO is still in the works. The first novel brought you in the middle of the action with many unanswered questions. SAO is essentially a story that revolves around Kirito. While Accel World is more or less Haruyuki trying to understand himself and the purpose of Accel World. Contentwise SAO i'd presume is marketed towards a older range of readers than Accel World.

As to why I'd say SAO came out first. SAO has chapter 16.5. And SAO has almost been fully translated.
Old 2012-08-20, 20:28   Link #1236
garf02

Quote:
Probably because AW is the offspring of SAO. SAO i guess is more enjoyable? People actually die. Kirito is always having a mental-breakdown and Haryuki.. is fat? I know a lot of people dislike AW cause the MC is fat. Than again currently I know people who hate the animated SAO cause there aren't that many fights compared to AW. SAO has a deeper more "adult-like" story. AW is essentially a toned down story of SAO. AW was made after the author understood how to build a proper structure for a story I'm speculating. SAO is still in the works. The first novel brought you in the middle of the action with many unanswered questions. SAO is essentially a story that revolves around Kirito. While Accel World is more or less Haruyuki trying to understand himself and the purpose of Accel World. Contentwise SAO i'd presume is marketed towards a older range of readers than Accel World.

As to why I'd say SAO came out first. SAO has chapter 16.5. And SAO has almost been fully translated.
I personal find AW more interesting than SAO.
From what I have read ans heard, AW story is better than SAO, (center too way too much on kirito, who is already a gary tsu, doesnt grow as a character, he is bronken since the start) but still people prefere him over Haruyuki cuase, Haru is fat, so all goes down to character Design.

about 16.5, that cause SAO started as a fan fic on the web, so the author, more or less, could do whatever he wanted with it, when the series started to be published, they removed that chapter (even bakatsuki took it down)

about death, death is good, but only if character were memorable enough, sao just kept killing random fonder that didnt were for more than 1 chapter or arc, wanna kill people, kill Asuna and im good to go.

and it just get worst when they go to GGO with kirito being more even broken, the character jsut dont grow.
Old 2012-08-20, 21:45   Link #1237
Methias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I think what I can feel is SAO has the "reality" factor much rooted than AW. We're given many situations where the virtual world engages with reality, good example would be the Medicuboid.

However, if we were to talk about aspects of your average shounen powers and adventures, I think AW is better at it since the whole story actually allows the author to have more freedom as compared to SAO where the skills are pretty much still attached to our common day MMORPG.
Methias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 21:58   Link #1238
Plant42

Quote:
I personal find AW more interesting than SAO.
From what I have read ans heard, AW story is better than SAO, (center too way too much on kirito, who is already a gary tsu, doesnt grow as a character, he is bronken since the start) but still people prefere him over Haruyuki cuase, Haru is fat, so all goes down to character Design.

about 16.5, that cause SAO started as a fan fic on the web, so the author, more or less, could do whatever he wanted with it, when the series started to be published, they removed that chapter (even bakatsuki took it down)

about death, death is good, but only if character were memorable enough, sao just kept killing random fonder that didnt were for more than 1 chapter or arc, wanna kill people, kill Asuna and im good to go.

and it just get worst when they go to GGO with kirito being more even broken, the character jsut dont grow.
Agreed, I'm also think that the character of SAO are quite bland and dimention-less compare to AW's.
SAO really lacks the character's growth and deverlopment.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 22:00   Link #1239
Shiyumi

Quote:
If I recall, it was an angel
Well, Metatron is name of king of angel on Kabbalah, The Divine Crown. If it was angel then it can fly right. It fly and shoots lasers, how they going to fight it.
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 22:21   Link #1240
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
Well, Metatron is name of king of angel on Kabbalah, The Divine Crown. If it was angel then it can fly right. It fly and shoots lasers, how they going to fight it.
Actually the main issues around it are:

1. It can only be harmed in a specific stage which has very low chance of appearance.

2. Its laser attacks are so powerful that even Green Grandee can't defend against it fully.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality