Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-25, 15:59   Link #761
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Chisato is your common tsundere osananajimi. Satsuki is much better
The osanajimi usually loses in competition though. I want Chisato to win just out principle to break the mould.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 17:45   Link #762
Arya

About Chisato I agree with Triple_R comment, because she looks like a tsundere, but doesn't act like one. It's like her past had constrained her tsundere side, so now she is not acting like she should. Or something like that. And it worked for me if she hadn't even the osananajimi factor.
Because I usually don't like osananajimi characters for the kind of develop they tend to have with the MC, or not have. They rely mostly on past events to justify their bond with the MC, past that ends to look more like and expedient than a real development. On the other hand, since the bond is already set, the current development feels static.
IIRC one of the few osananajimi I liked is Ritsuko from Sakamichi, but that series is totally different in genre and in quality, as long as it lasted (I dropped it halfway )

And that's why I prefer Satsuki over Chisato. Not because I dislike Chisato, but because Satsuki/Oojima relationship seems to grow little by little, Chisato/Oojima seems to be stuck in a cycle of cliché. For that reason I liked Chisato in this episode, because she surprised me with her straightforwardness.

Having said that I agree that this show is doing very well in not showing any leading girl so far. Mashifoni on that regard was misleading.
Spoiler for Mashifoni turn point:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 21:04   Link #763
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Freebies!!!

NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 01:06   Link #764
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

OK. Someone here said that osananajimi never won in VN adaptations. Here's some list. But one note. For me personally sisters(blood-related or not) are the same as osananajimis so you could count them too

I didn't count onece I didn't watched, otome and once without main romance.

Legend:

Osananajimi won
Sister won
Osananajimi won in one of the arcs or you could count winner as one or there are some issues
No osananajimis in the story
Noone won/open ending/there's additional ending for osananajimi but still
Osananajimi lost

Spoiler for Title list:
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 01:44   Link #765
MasterVampire

Why wont the MC touch Chisato?

At least she called him out on it but got no answer
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 01:51   Link #766
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Why wont the MC touch Chisato?

At least she called him out on it but got no answer
I think he would have decided to answer her but the other guy(?) disturbs the chance.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 05:14   Link #767
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
OK. Someone here said that osananajimi never won in VN adaptations. Here's some list. But one note. For me personally sisters(blood-related or not) are the same as osananajimis so you could count them too

I didn't count onece I didn't watched, otome and once without main romance.

Legend:

Osananajimi won
Sister won
Osananajimi won in one of the arcs or you could count winner as one or there are some issues
No osananajimis in the story
Noone won/open ending/there's additional ending for osananajimi but still
Osananajimi lost

Spoiler for Title list:
Most of it depends on if the osananajimi is considered to be the main/canonical heroine in the original story. While some adaptations deviated from this, most of those adaptations still follow what they think is the most canonical of all the heroines.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 05:47   Link #768
Xaturas

^^
That colors it kills my eyes.

As for the list Green Green, great anime I recommend to anyone, one of the greatest laughs I had from anime. Especially bear rape scene.
Old 2012-08-26, 06:38   Link #769
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

hyl

Still. People saying that "osananajimi never wins". The list says quite opposite. And the only case there osananajimi rout could be count as "canonical" but it was changed in anime which I could remember is Shuffle
Old 2012-08-26, 07:13   Link #770
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
hyl

Still. People saying that "osananajimi never wins". The list says quite opposite. And the only case there osananajimi rout could be count as "canonical" but it was changed in anime which I could remember is Shuffle
I could nitpick and debate on some of your choices in your list (like for example in the EF series there weren't any choices to pick a different heroine or some of your choices aren't exactly osananajimi) and added some more series that the childhood friend lost, but that would be somewhat off topic.
Old 2012-08-26, 07:35   Link #771
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Of cause I didn't watch all the adaptations but still this list is somehow more than "never".
Old 2012-08-26, 08:27   Link #772
Xaturas

Acording to AniDB there are 1426 titles that contain "romance" tag.
You don't expect us to bring out each and every one of them.
In some titles one person wins in other title its the other. However there is no disadvantage or some bias. There are sometimes favors in one type of romance, but its mostly based on whats popular at that time. Then there also comes the factor of what you personally like to watch.
Anyway as it is, anyone can win in this anime as long as its Satsuki or Chisato as every star on sky tells us that only those 2 are actually put in the race. Other girls got sidetracked long time ago, and unless producers want to change usual story telling, it will end with one of those 2 winning, or just generic harem ending without any resolution to romance.
Old 2012-08-26, 08:59   Link #773
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Acording to AniDB there are 1426 titles that contain "romance" tag.
You don't expect us to bring out each and every one of them.
In some titles one person wins in other title its the other. However there is no disadvantage or some bias. There are sometimes favors in one type of romance, but its mostly based on whats popular at that time. Then there also comes the factor of what you personally like to watch.
Anyway as it is, anyone can win in this anime as long as its Satsuki or Chisato as every star on sky tells us that only those 2 are actually put in the race. Other girls got sidetracked long time ago, and unless producers want to change usual story telling, it will end with one of those 2 winning, or just generic harem ending without any resolution to romance.
And less than 10% of those titles are based off VN's or eroge (which was the main point of Nachtwandler's discussion).

I disagree that only Chisato and Satsuki has most chance here, because it's still possible that the anime might be going for Mifuyu.
Old 2012-08-26, 09:08   Link #774
Dorsai

Nachtwandler omg be serious, never wins is impossible... Still rarely wins is enough to be argument in this discussion... And you are doing list of 20,30 titles out from few thousand, really? This way you can prove everything, because it was your subjective way which titles will you choose and which not...

Anyway it really doesnt matter... People never learn that in visual novel adaptations wining girl should never be chosen based on popularity or canonical choices... Love never should be chosen this way... In Koi to Senkyo bond between Chisato and Yuuki is really sth special, i watched thousands of manga and anime romances and rarely saw sth like this... Thats why breaking it would be sth i will not forgiven...

Quote:
BladeEntity: Except that in VN adaptions childhood friends almost never win, in others they get the MC more often but in this one its still a throw up.
Quote:
Nachtwandler: I could easily make a list. They win in most of the cases.
Discussion not started with only VN adaptions... But even if you talk about only them if you want to prove anything you cant make just subjective list. You need to either make list wirth all of VN adaptations or use one of statistic tools (check sample etc)
Old 2012-08-26, 09:16   Link #775
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Dorsai

Discussion was about VN-adaptations(and it's about 70% of finished non-otome and non-hentai VN adaptations in the list). But if we look on manga/LN adaptations with finished loveline I'm sure situation would be the same. It's not so rare case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I disagree that only Chisato and Satsuki has most chance here, because it's still possible that the anime might be going for Mifuyu.
Isara has more chances than Mifuyu IMO

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-26 at 19:15. Reason: merge double-post
Old 2012-08-26, 09:20   Link #776
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Here's hoping for a surprise OojimaxMatsuri pairing.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 09:20   Link #777
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Isara has more chances than Mifuyu IMO
Based on the things we have seen in the anime so far, no.

Eventhough i would have prefered that the anime went for Isara, because she was my favorite heroine in the game.
Old 2012-08-26, 09:20   Link #778
Dorsai

Its just your subjective interpretation in this list. Like hyl write some of girls arent exactly osananajimi and you cant count normal sister/brother relationship as osananajimi (it doesnt matter if blood-related or not)...

Anyway like i said it really doesnt matter, because love isnt sth like popularity contest...
Old 2012-08-26, 09:27   Link #779
Xaturas

^^
Ummmm what's stoping Yuuki being friends with Chisato while he will be banging some girl in his room? All he needs is a fix for that hole in th wall so Chisato won't see him humping some girl but just listen to it.

Being friends is one thing, loving someone is another. They do have a bond but frankly he doesn't seem much in love with her atm. For me its more like regret and friendship, regret about her brother issue and friendship because they are childhood friends.

Mifuyu chances are slim at best imo, all girls besides the 2 I brought, got so little romantic development that its funny. They have as much chance in this anime as yaoi stick boy.
Old 2012-08-26, 09:27   Link #780
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
We'll see if they would still continue with that letter, but it feels to me like they're just getting it out of the way, kinda like the whole Isara bullying scenes.

Still, I've been burned before...Twice... With half of the series left to go, I'm not ready to call anything definitive yet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen