AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-30, 14:46   Link #821
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I'm sorry but that was a horrible final attack. That was North? It's like the exact same freakin thing as South!
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:33   Link #822
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
If you go North far enough then you're back at the South again.

*Bleach logic*
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 19:24   Link #823
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Uryuu seems a weird choice, he may seem a bit less vocal or apathetic but I don't think he's quite on the super bad guy level.
It would be completely awesome if he was. He started out as Ichigo's rival and he claimed to hate the shinigami. I'd love to see him actually finish what he started. But yeah, the chances of him becoming the actual final villain seem slim to none.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 21:08   Link #824
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 28
I could even buy it if the development was there. Maybe something like "I was watching your development this whole time and decided now was the perfect chance." I mean that's just a random sentence I typed up but yeah.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 21:33   Link #825
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It'd take a lot of explaining to make Uryuu the big bad...so much that I wouldn't even know where to begin to make it all work. Because even if Kubo was somehow able to plausibly explain his motivation for faking friendship all this time, he'd need a plausible way to obtain the power worthy of a main antagonist since the Uryuu we know of presently isn't all that strong. And it would be extremely hard to believe he was just intentionally faking his skills and strength this entire time. I'd honestly have an easier time believing Ryuuken could become the main bad guy.

Instead, I'm sure the Ishida's will remain good guys in the end. Afterall, someone's going to need to teach Ichigo how to wield those latent Quincy powers of his.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 22:47   Link #826
Black-Cat-Sama
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Ishida turning out to be a spy, while cool, would just be forced at this point. To say all the 'friendship' was just a lie seems dumb IMO. He showed legit concern for Orihime, enough to break his promise with his father (who knew he could anyways) and go to Hueco with Ichigo anyways and eve about Ichigo in the Fullbringer arc when he believed Ukitake lied to them/was hiding something.

I would be more inclined to believe that his father was up to something, but even then, that seems a bit forced too. What I really would have liked to see was his father intervening during the Aizen fight...I mean, if Keigo and the others could wake up, he sure as hell could. And while working with Shinigami isn't something he'd do, I'd think stopping one bent on destruction of his home would be enough...

All in all, the Ishida family is hinted to be something big from Kirge's words, so hoping for some Ryuuken flashbacks from when he was younger, maybe filling in the gap of his knowledge that other Quincies could be out there and the power his family could have but he never acted on it in fear of something.

What I really liked about this chapter? Well, the ending was, while annoying, a good sign. This cliffhanger will keep us waiting for something, which means it's about time Kubo will shift to Hueco Mundo again and we'll see who is pointing their sword at Ukitake. That or we'll see what's up with Ichigo, but SS might be shafted for a week or two at this rate
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 00:05   Link #827
Eragon
Pharmercy
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arcadia Bay.
Age: 24
You know what would be cool? The real boss shows up and Kenpachi wakes up super-pissed and absolutely trolls the boss
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 00:35   Link #828
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
Ishida turning out to be a spy, while cool, would just be forced at this point. To say all the 'friendship' was just a lie seems dumb IMO. He showed legit concern for Orihime, enough to break his promise with his father (who knew he could anyways) and go to Hueco with Ichigo anyways and eve about Ichigo in the Fullbringer arc when he believed Ukitake lied to them/was hiding something.

I would be more inclined to believe that his father was up to something, but even then, that seems a bit forced too. What I really would have liked to see was his father intervening during the Aizen fight...I mean, if Keigo and the others could wake up, he sure as hell could. And while working with Shinigami isn't something he'd do, I'd think stopping one bent on destruction of his home would be enough...

All in all, the Ishida family is hinted to be something big from Kirge's words, so hoping for some Ryuuken flashbacks from when he was younger, maybe filling in the gap of his knowledge that other Quincies could be out there and the power his family could have but he never acted on it in fear of something.

What I really liked about this chapter? Well, the ending was, while annoying, a good sign. This cliffhanger will keep us waiting for something, which means it's about time Kubo will shift to Hueco Mundo again and we'll see who is pointing their sword at Ukitake. That or we'll see what's up with Ichigo, but SS might be shafted for a week or two at this rate
Legit concern for Orihime, not Ichigo. He's been pretty antagonistic towards Ichigo from the start. Things seemed to get a bit better towards the end of the SS arc, but after that he became a bit douchy again so ya never know.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 10:48   Link #829
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Waaaait a minute! Wasn't soul society supposed to be destroyed if Yama used the full power of his bankai?
He probably hasn't used the full power yet; just showed off the abilities. Makes sense too if you consider what he said about being unable to steal his bankai because they don't know his limits.

But it also means fake Buha was strong enough that he wouldn't have been able to win easily with Shikai. Wonder how strong the real Buha would be.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 11:19   Link #830
Black-Cat-Sama
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Legit concern for Orihime, not Ichigo. He's been pretty antagonistic towards Ichigo from the start. Things seemed to get a bit better towards the end of the SS arc, but after that he became a bit douchy again so ya never know.
i mentioned the Ichigo part that was revealed in the FullBringer Arc. Ishida showed that ever since they came back from Soul Society, he had Ukitake's words on his mind and what it could mean for Ichigo. Other than the beginning of the fullbringer arc, Ishida hasn't really been douchey to Ichigo, he's been more of...comic relief arguing, like a more serious Renji.

Either way, after all of that, whatever explanation he'd give on really being a bad guy wouldn't fit wellimo. If they were watching Ichigo to see his growth, it's just Aizen all over again (same if they were settting him up to do something specific so that they could achieve their goals). If they were just scoping him out to kill him later, it's pretty pointless since Uryu could have killed him in his sleep or something, considering how easy it is for everyone to get into Ichigo's room these days

Anyways, I dunno, but if Kubo does go that route, it'll be pretty random. He never really dropped any hints here and there to make a reveal like that believable. Remember Grimmjow's words to Ichigo about Orihime changing on the 'inside'? Now, if there was something like that, at one point, that implied Uryu was dealing with burdens outside of the main story--perhaps it'd work, but as of now, he's just Ichigo's 'rival' that lost his powers, gained them back and remained comic relief with concern.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:57   Link #831
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
It'd take a lot of explaining to make Uryuu the big bad...so much that I wouldn't even know where to begin to make it all work. Because even if Kubo was somehow able to plausibly explain his motivation for faking friendship all this time, he'd need a plausible way to obtain the power worthy of a main antagonist since the Uryuu we know of presently isn't all that strong. And it would be extremely hard to believe he was just intentionally faking his skills and strength this entire time. I'd honestly have an easier time believing Ryuuken could become the main bad guy.

Instead, I'm sure the Ishida's will remain good guys in the end. Afterall, someone's going to need to teach Ichigo how to wield those latent Quincy powers of his.
Well, Ishida turning against Ichigo wouldn't have to mean their friendship was false. Byakuya loves Rukia with all his heart, yet that didn't stop him from doing everything in his power to see her executed. And Tousen's friendship with Komomura was also, I believe, genuine. But Tousen's bitterness towards Soul Society as a whole meant he had to turn against Komomura.

Characters with a really strong sense of obligation can turn against people they have close bonds with because they put duty first. Uryuu seems like he could possibly be that type. If he directly had to choose sides between the shinigami and the Quincy, he might feel he has to go with the Quincy. We know he feels he can't be involved with the current battle as it is, so there already seems like some conflict.

As for power, if it were explained he is reincarnation/direct descendent/avatar of Juha Bach, his full power could be dormant. It'd be interesting if the reason Ryuuken didn't want him associating with shinigami in the first place is because he feared they'd figure out he was special and would want to destroy him. But...it seems way too cool to happen
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 04:38   Link #832
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Pointing out plot holes is useless, the story is only cheeziness at this point.
If people bothered to read the chapter, they'd have their answer.
If he used his bankai for too long, then all of SS would be destroyed.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 05:51   Link #833
Calca
Expressionless
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
510:

Everything awesome that happened the last few chapters has been raped, shat on, then murdered.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 05:52   Link #834
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Not going to lie, 510 was just bad.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 05:54   Link #835
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 24
Just proves that people should think twice in Bleach before showing off all your techniques and Bankai.
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:06   Link #836
ACE2001
Anime Watchman
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fussa, Japan
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Yep, chapter 510 was definitely a "troll" chapter. Lol! Hurry Ichigo!!!
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:13   Link #837
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 27
Blah, Kubo back to trolling.
Manga back to boredom.
__________________
Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:14   Link #838
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
OMG. Thats all i can say.
If old man has fallen, that is it. Soul Society is doomed. As long as he was alive, they always had hope. Now the ultimate bankai has been stolen - what can be done?
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:17   Link #839
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 25
510 : oh god.... where is the badass Yamamoto from last few chapters ago??? He can't raise even a finger against Juha Bach now??? why no epic death??? at least let him use up all his strength!!!

I'm in RAGE mode... sorry....
and yeah... hi again, Aizen!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:21   Link #840
Calca
Expressionless
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Even the part where he went "Ya, so I was talking to Aizen. He didn't want to join me. Oh well." was stupid.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleach, chapter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.