AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-02, 00:32   Link #8521
Hata
時の異邦人

Ken creates a new BBS system GANMO for mangaka who are looking to hire assistants and for manga assistants looking for work. the trick is you do not have to sign up, your twitter account is your login name.
http://ganmo.j-comi.jp

Ken did a couple of posts to test the system. one has Ken looking for background assistants for a title "Love Hina 40". the other is a cooperation with Kōji Kumeta for a title that including thousands of bishoujo.
http://kenakamatsu.tumblr.com/post/32667823645/ganmo

Ken continue to upgrade J-Comi, "J-Comi FANding" now selling digital e-manga bundle with author signature, previous unreleased works, etc.
http://ajw.asahi.com/article/cool_ja...AJ201210020072

==========
via twitter. Ken disclosed that he is meeting SHONEN MAGAZINE editors to discuss his next work.
https://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/stat...77885742530560

Last edited by Hata; 2012-10-02 at 12:15. Reason: adding info
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 15:56   Link #8522
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

So, any guesses on what Ken Akamatsu's next title will be?

Personally, I doubt it will be a continuation/restart of Negima, as it may be too soon (not to mention the the whole ordeal that resulted in Negima's abrupt ending possibly not being resolved yet).
Old 2012-10-02, 16:21   Link #8523
AstroNerdBoy

One of the things I like about Akamatsu-sensei is how he's looking to the future to help the manga business, or rather more specifically, to help manga-ka and those wanting to be involved in manga. Basically, he's all about breaking out of the restrictive, old, Japanese business model to move into new pastures that allow manga to thrive.

Still, I am surprised he's in talks with the editors at Shounen Magazine though. I figured for sure his next manga project would be via J-Comi, but he could be arranging a deal whereby Shounen Magazine publishes the manga in their magazine and produces a tankoubon version, but Akamatsu-sensei remains in control of his work.

Thanks Hata for the info! ^_^
Old 2012-10-02, 17:19   Link #8524
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
via twitter. Ken disclosed that he is meeting SHONEN MAGAZINE editors to discuss his next work.
https://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/stat...77885742530560
Hata, did you got from another source the info that it's shounen magazine? from the tweet I only saw he will be meeting a magazine editorial department, but saw no mention of an specific magazine.
Old 2012-10-02, 20:09   Link #8525
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Hata, did you got from another source the info that it's shounen magazine? from the tweet I only saw he will be meeting a magazine editorial department, but saw no mention of an specific magazine.
? I assume it is SM because of Ken's prior history and because he used "マガジン編集部" (Ma-Ga-Jin editor department) instead of "雑誌" (Zasshi, general Japanese magazine term in kanji) or just in talk with editors, if he wish not to disclose the opposite side.
Old 2012-10-02, 22:53   Link #8526
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
So, any guesses on what Ken Akamatsu's next title will be?

Personally, I doubt it will be a continuation/restart of Negima, as it may be too soon (not to mention the the whole ordeal that resulted in Negima's abrupt ending possibly not being resolved yet).
No, if anything, waiting might be too late to continue it further along the line. After the mass disappointment on the ending, the public interest might die over time, and he isn't getting exactly any younger and faster. Starting from zero with yet another new franchise after losing so much face before fandom could be a disastrous decision.
Old 2012-10-06, 10:17   Link #8527
Hata
時の異邦人

http://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/statu...36953388654592
http://twitter.com/betsumaga/status/254483268035031041

1. yes, it is Kodansha.
2. out before "Spring" (next year) ?
3. a non denial denial of moving to Betsu Shonen Magazine, a monthly. apparently, everything is still possible. (including back to the weekly.)
Old 2012-10-06, 19:37   Link #8528
chaosprophet

A move to a monthly magazine may be a good idea in Akamatsu's case. That way he wouldn't have to do breaks like he had to often for catching up.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:57   Link #8529
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

"The author will be taking this month off for research."
Old 2012-10-06, 22:59   Link #8530
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
"The author will be taking this month off for research."
*lol* He'll do what Fujishima-sensei (and I'm sure others) do -- instead of 24-pages (as an example), he'll send in a much smaller chapter instead.
Old 2012-10-07, 08:19   Link #8531
chaosprophet

XD. Still, Akamatsu speed at Negima was apparently around 2 pages a day. A monthly manga chapter tend to have around 30 pages. In that case, hopefully breaks nor chapter page cuts would be needed.
Old 2012-10-09, 17:56   Link #8532
DrRadioNeon
Esta Cajita es mia
*Artist

Ken is creating a new series? Why haven't I heard about this before? I've been a fan of the Negima series since a kid so a new one shouldn't be a bad choice :P

There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today."
DrRadioNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:44   Link #8533
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRadioNeon View Post
Ken is creating a new series? Why haven't I heard about this before? I've been a fan of the Negima series since a kid so a new one shouldn't be a bad choice :P
Odds are it'd be a new series, but I won't fully trust him again unless he does a sequel or reboot of Negima like he hinted in Volume 38. With the Kodansha situation fixed, his excuse for the botched finale we got is gone now.
Old 2012-10-11, 03:41   Link #8534
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
XD. Still, Akamatsu speed at Negima was apparently around 2 pages a day. A monthly manga chapter tend to have around 30 pages. In that case, hopefully breaks nor chapter page cuts would be needed.
Fujishima-sensei does 24-pages for Ah! My Goddess, though he's had months where he's done less pages. So it might be a good fit for Akamatsu-sensei.
Old 2012-10-11, 05:06   Link #8535
Hata
時の異邦人

monthy

for Bessatsu Shonen Magazine, titles I had read:

Negiho 12 pages per chapter per month
Ichiro Heian! 24 pages
Shingeki no Kyojin, 44 pages

"IF" it is going to be on Bessatsu, I tend to think it would be something near the later. one problem is Bessatsu has a distribution of around 60,000+ per month, compare to Weekly Shonen Magazine of 900,000+ each week,

also for monthly manga, you are not supposedly to take break for Golden Week, Summer and X'mas, (April, August, and December) but you would be surprised how many big name mangaka still do so anyway, (some offset it by a month) some monthly mangaka also are known to take a break when there is a compilation out and he needs time to go over editing and color cover, (yeah, I might not be alive when Historie ended.)

a realistic expectation for monthly is around 8-11 chapters for 2 books each year.

==========
forgot to add, about that Love Hina 40...

虎金‏@torakane
@KenAkamatsu ラブひなの続き書くこと忘れてますよ!

赤松健@KenAkamatsu
何か色々忘れてるような気がする・・・何だっけ?と思い続けて10年くらい経つので、多少忘れても問題無い か、後から必ずフォローできると確信した。

Last edited by Hata; 2012-10-11 at 05:53. Reason: adding info
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 17:24   Link #8536
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
forgot to add, about that Love Hina 40...

虎金‏@torakane
@KenAkamatsu ラブひなの続き書くこと忘れてますよ!

赤松健@KenAkamatsu
何か色々忘れてるような気がする・・・何だっけ?と思い続けて10年くらい経つので、多少忘れても問題無い か、後から必ずフォローできると確信した。
Come on, Hata, you know Japanese. Why to leave that untranslated for the rest of us who don't? Especially considering how unreliable online translators are.
Old 2012-10-31, 11:31   Link #8537
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Asuna will make her comeback in whatever Akamatsu decides to do with the negima series in the foreseeable future, and negi will be really in love with her by then. Like father like son.

A guy can dream, so any news on what he plans to do next?
Old 2012-10-31, 19:27   Link #8538
Spamamdorf

I sure hope not I'm not going to get into this but suffice it to say a great many people would be annoyed at a retcon like that.

Anyway, no info on what he's doing next here from me, but I do hope that we get a Negima 2/extended cut/ whatever eventually, I don't even care if his next series isn't that, I just think that he left it hanging and it's really unfortunate he didn't get to finish it the way he wanted to
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 23:34   Link #8539
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I don't think waiting 9 years to do a Negima redux while a new series ends is a good idea. Strike while the iron is still hot.
Old 2012-11-01, 00:25   Link #8540
Spamamdorf

Perhaps this is true, but at the same time maybe KA'd like to sort through what exactly did go on during that time, plus who says all series run for 9 years? It could be a short one
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy