AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 17:42   Link #641
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
I loved that episode
Psycho pass is definitly one the best current series already , one of the top for me.

Also i dont understand the behavior of the heroine , she acts like a rebel already xd
Maybe it's the connection with the raped victim and such but still , Aren't they supposed to live into a city/world with that system ?

People who dont follow the system or try to act against it are called anarchists xd
I really hope a good justification of this.

Good job , it's already way way better than GC
lol It's not hard to top GC.
Old 2012-10-11, 17:43   Link #642
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Wait, what? Apartheid and this system that they have in this anime are two different things. We're not talking about just a "bad system" but a system that makes no sense in the long run (or even a short run). As someone mentioned, it's actually creating a vicious circle of crime (that is, violent crime, because I don't see how this system could deal with anything else, maybe they'll touch on that later)... to say nothing of other things that would make the system way too difficult and ultimately self-defeating to sustain.
One thing about law is that it changes constantly. There are any number of reasons why the Psycho-Pass system was created. Maybe crime was getting out of control and people got fed up so the government needed something radical to appease the public. It may be a vicious cycle, but one that's being kept in check by the Enforcers.

As your Crime Coefficient reaches a certain level, "justice" is brought upon you regardless of how that came about in the first place. All I can say for those people is that they are just unlucky, which is probably the rationale used by those who created the system. It's an extreme and senseless way of doing things, but that just illustrates how people can be deterred from committing crimes if they just do as they're told, live (and think) as they're told.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 17:45   Link #643
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
lol It's not hard to top GC.
I'm sorry dude
I just dropped to the first episode
The funny thing ?

I dropped like by chance , the feeling wasn't good and a friend told me afterwards the uproar on the whole series.
I was like blessed and terrorized at the same time xd.

So glad i avoided this by chance.
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 17:57   Link #644
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wonder if the people who passed this system are now hiding in their houses so they don't get arrested for something .

A pretty sad system to say the least. Pass some defined negative thoughts benchmark and that's it.

All I can say is good luck to Akane. Doesn't seem like much of a bright future awaits. Either get jaded by the way they run things or pass the line and get arrested herself.
Old 2012-10-11, 17:57   Link #645
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
I'm sorry dude
I just dropped to the first episode
The funny thing ?

I dropped like by chance , the feeling wasn't good and a friend told me afterwards the uproar on the whole series.
I was like blessed and terrorized at the same time xd.

So glad i avoided this by chance.
Yeah, GC got bad. Only reason I finished it was because every time I wanted to drop it would do something to kinda win me back. Like have a cool moment or show a little potential.

And Helius does have a point. Law is always changing. Hell, look at a real life example. Romney said he would overturn Roe v Wade that would mean you couldn't legally have an abortion.
Old 2012-10-11, 17:59   Link #646
Kirarakim

I was bit worried with some of the edgy comments but it wasn't too bad, not anything worse than I see in some live action cop series. And I thought the setting was well done in that respect.

I could have done without the rape scene but it's over with at least.

I am wondering where the series is going to go though as others have pointed out we can already see how messed up the system is from the first episode...so clearly the system is messed up can't be what the show is about. That's too obvious. Over throwing the system also seems kind of boring (even though I expect that will play a part).
Old 2012-10-11, 18:04   Link #647
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I wonder if the anime staff will craft Akane's character to be similar to Anderson from that new Dredd movie.
Old 2012-10-11, 18:11   Link #648
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'm wondering what that opening scene was all about, but I imagine we'll get to that point sooner or later.

Sure is an interesting concept though. If I've got it right; even if someone has the latent potential for criminal action amongst their psyche, yet has never committed any sort of felony or misdemeanor before, they are still registered as a threat by the system and need to be either detained or killed depending on how severe that latent potential is. It's a pretty strict justice system.

Anyway, I know that one enforcer dude is supposed to be the main character, but the female cop felt more like she had that role this episode. I suppose that maybe she's the series deuteragonist and that'll become more prevalent as we proceed. Hopefully, that's the case.

Pretty satisfactory introductory episode to how the world of Psycho-Pass works. Wondering where it will be going from here...

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-10-11 at 18:50.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:16   Link #649
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

its been a while since i watched a cyber punk tv anime, and it really has that feel of late 80's~early 90´s cyberpunk anime/hollywood movies, the whole psycho-pass system reminds me a lot of the SOP in MGS4.
Old 2012-10-11, 18:28   Link #650
yuzen003

Most people are likely to consider themselves reasonable and it is possible the only thing the public knows is the system can detect your criminality level. Akane was a member of the police and she still needed a tutorial of the system so it would be reasonable for the public to know less. As far as the public knows it is a benign system saving them from people who have developed criminal tendencies, why would they want to overturn a system they feel protects them from harm. Only people who are actually flagged as latent criminals and law enforcement would have any idea that it might be a completely arbitrary system.

On a related aspect, feeling strongly about the matter might well be enough to set off latent criminal status, people who would be inclined to protest would be removed from the population. Possible protestors or would be organizers are removed before any sort of movement can coalesce and over time would remove people who would be willing to fight. The police on the other hand would be full of people inclined to violence and criminality, so in the event of an attempted uprising it would be pretty easy to overwhelm the would be rebellion.

The guy in the first episode pretty much made it clear that being labeled as a latent criminal pretty much makes you a pariah, your career and social prospects are over. Most people who have learned the system might be horribly flawed have no standing in society and no one will give their arguments much weight.

It would be difficult to put the system in place, but once it started it would likely be remarkably stable.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:30   Link #651
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Anyway, I know that one enforcer dude is supposed to be the main character, but the female cop felt more like she had that role this episode.
Actually we still don't know for sure who is the protagonist. I wouldn't assume is him just yet. Let's wait and see.
Old 2012-10-11, 18:34   Link #652
Eclipze

The heroine wasn't thinking quite as much as she should have; had she allowed the initial shot for paralyzing the women, it wouldn't have escalated to the lethal judgement to begin with. You could even say the she was the very cause that drove the victim into the lethal judgement zone. Of course, we don't what would've happened to the victim after the arrests, but I doubt it would've been worse than on-site execution.

She (heroine) obviously didn't try to understand the system during her studies - typical "memorize textbook information for exams = top student". Harsh statement, but that's how I see it.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:38   Link #653
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

too early to judge if the system is flawed.

i actually agree to to paralyzed the hostage and capture her consider how mind broken she is and may caused violence. she probably will get rehabilitation and theraphy when he captured.

well that assuming if the "rehabilitation" is not the bad one

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:40   Link #654
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
The heroine wasn't thinking quite as much as she should have; had she allowed the initial shot for paralyzing the women, it wouldn't have escalated to the lethal judgement to begin with. You could even say the she was the very cause that drove the victim into the lethal judgement zone. Of course, we don't what would've happened to the victim after the arrests, but I doubt it would've been worse than on-site execution.

She (heroine) obviously didn't try to understand the system during her studies - typical "memorize textbook information for exams = top student". Harsh statement, but that's how I see it.
Yeah, she's definitely got that "fresh recruit idealism" feel to her.
Old 2012-10-11, 18:40   Link #655
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Well, it is really in the grey area: from the victim perspective, there is no damn reason for her to be shot to begin with, and the simple fact that she has a psycho pass on the same magnitude than a latent criminal definitely made her panic even more (which makes you wonder what happen to them, if it is really ignoring the circumstances).

We don't know the setup/background enough, but Akane's actions aren't that far fetched or wrong because the victim really wouldn't go under that kind of stress if the system wasn't so staunch. Of course she carried out her conviction in a poor fashion, but she is not wrong saying that the victim shouldn't be considered as a criminal to begin with.
In our situation, it is as if the cop fire at the criminal and then slams down the hostage and put the handcuffs right there, despite they didn't do anything wrong, just because the policeman considered the victim "too excited".
Old 2012-10-11, 18:44   Link #656
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well that assuming if the "rehabilitation" is not the bad one
Didn't the guy say the so called "rehabilitation" was like hell?

So yeah, I don't see how exposing a rape victim to that would be a good thing. Or why she should be subject to that in the first place.
Old 2012-10-11, 18:48   Link #657
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Guys , dont forget the anime starts with the hero and the white dude sequence...
maybe it's the final sequence of the series ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:56   Link #658
Kazu-kun

Quote:
maybe it's the final sequence of the series ?
We don't even know who is that guy so that sequence is pretty meaningless at the moment.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-10-11 at 19:06.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 19:03   Link #659
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
We don't even know who is that guy so that sequence is pretty meaningless at this moments.
He's played by Sakurai Takahiro...nothing is meaningless about that.
Old 2012-10-11, 19:32   Link #660
velocity7

Anyone noticed that Kogami could not fire his Dominator in the beginning fight until he broke the guy's helmet?

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller