AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-19, 09:01   Link #1121
flowarvin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Yes....Ichigo's entry. I was waiting for it. Now it will be fun to read.

Byakuya actually asking for a request from Ichigo was not thought of.
it makes byakuya sound like a wuss, the whole character development of byakuya we use to is totally changed, the man who highly put his pride and honor first is like totally changed in this 1 chapter, which totally come to ask, is this byakuya we come to know all this years hmmmm
flowarvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 09:05   Link #1122
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
You know I was wondering. When Bach said he was leaving and forget Ichigo, Zangetsu comes flying and then he says "you bastard".

Is it just cause he has to fight him now?
I think so. Fighting Ichigo will delay his retreat, and perhaps allow the zero squad to intervene in time, throwing a wench in his plans.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 15:35   Link #1123
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c Ł r υ
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowarvin View Post
it makes byakuya sound like a wuss, the whole character development of byakuya we use to is totally changed, the man who highly put his pride and honor first is like totally changed in this 1 chapter, which totally come to ask, is this byakuya we come to know all this years hmmmm
Not really. Byakuya changed the moment he accepted her feelings for Rukia (or more like the moment he met Ichigo). And I really thought that his current action follows his true self, not the fake one he was trying to show before he met Ichigo.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 20:02   Link #1124
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In front of my moniter, surrounded by books...
Meh... I got to thinking after I read the chapter... Is this, like, an official assaignment? The Sotaicho is dead, and a captain who is also the head of one of the four great noble families makes a last request of Ichigo - "protect Soul Society". Will push Ichi's buttons, anyway
__________________
Managing multiple obsessions can make a person CRAZY!!!
tomboy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 00:59   Link #1125
GusGus
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
Oh, Iím so sorry~! I didnít realize that we werenít allowed to hypothesize on a forum about what could possibly happen in the coming chapters of Bleach (even if it has--oh gasp!--a negative connotation ). Especially when the majority of us have been reading Bleach for years and have come to know the patterns Kubo takes when he tells a story. Weíll all try to enjoy everything that Kubo produces without questioning the validity it has with the overall story.
Oh you're allowed, I never said the contrary. You should improve your reading comprehension skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
lol this exactly^



GusGus what is truly silly is trying to censor or fully expel people on forums for discussing what's on their mind about the topic at hand. you claim to not mind different opinions, but what you mean to say is that you do mind different opinions. as for not being able to hypothesize what is going to happen... come on man... that's what half of these discussions are about and rightfully so. I certainly hope you're never a moderator of anything important or entertaining
I don't remember myself censoring or expelling anyone (hint: I can't do that).
I certainly didn't ask for a moderator to do that neither.
I don't mind people having different opinions, that doesn't mean that I can't state my opinion about their arguments.
A hypotesis is something you make when you are going to start an investigation. People here just merely make suppositions, and that's fine. Been said that, I found silly to make a supposition, then take that supposition as a fact, and then criticise the author for something that he didn't even wrote.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 01:05   Link #1126
GusGus
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowarvin View Post
it makes byakuya sound like a wuss, the whole character development of byakuya we use to is totally changed, the man who highly put his pride and honor first is like totally changed in this 1 chapter, which totally come to ask, is this byakuya we come to know all this years hmmmm
I think that's the whole point. He finds himself and SS in such a bad situation that he has no more choice than eat his pride and ask Ichigo for help.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 02:00   Link #1127
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: it's too dark to tell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
Oh you're allowed, I never said the contrary. You should improve your reading comprehension skills.
Being able to detect sarcasm is a comprehensive reading skill. Apparently you lack it. Or maybe you couldn’t come up with anything ‘snappier’ to say and tried to demean my intellect. Well, aren’t you just original?

Anyway, this is getting off topic. I really don’t care all that much what your opinion is but don’t try to degrade my intelligence. I understood what mix message you were trying to get across with your last post but to me all I heard was, “The best opinion is no opinion at all.” The people of this forum will most likely be negative the majority of the time because of how hard Kubo trolls his readers, but we continue to read because we like Bleach. We can be upset and angry at something and still like it. We vent on the forums because we care about this series. If you can’t understand that than maybe you're at the wrong forum.
__________________
Speical thanks to Haladflire65 for the awesome Signature

Last edited by Bassoonicmayhem; 2012-10-20 at 02:26.
Bassoonicmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 04:12   Link #1128
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 25
aizen is uryu's real dad. calling it now
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 17:27   Link #1129
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I can't tell if you're joking or not...

all of what you mentioned as not happening will certainly happen. It's true that Yama-jii is probably the only named character to die so far in this arc.
Oh, how quickly we forget about poor, poor Choujiro. But yeah, Yamamoto's joining his lieutenant. Byakuya and Kenpachi are the only other captain's shown in danger of death atm. Really, it seems more like Kenpachi is just KO'd. Byakuya's in really bad shape, but close to death might as well be a clean bill of health in Bleach. I can't remember the last character to die slowly from losing too much blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Not really. Byakuya changed the moment he accepted her feelings for Rukia (or more like the moment he met Ichigo). And I really thought that his current action follows his true self, not the fake one he was trying to show before he met Ichigo.
I also thought it was really fitting for his character. It showed that when it comes down to it, he cares more about protecting Soul Society than honor or nobility. Of course, if he lives, he deny all that.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 22:21   Link #1130
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 28
Is Ichigo gonna have to fight all these guys?
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 00:27   Link #1131
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: it's too dark to tell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I also thought it was really fitting for his character. It showed that when it comes down to it, he cares more about protecting Soul Society than honor or nobility. Of course, if he lives, he deny all that.
I agree. It shows that his character has grown over the series, but I actually think that Byakuya will thank Ichigo, once everything is said and done. He might have to do it behind closed doors, but I can see him being grateful to Ichigo for taking care of a situation where he was easily subdued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Is Ichigo gonna have to fight all these guys?
Well, Juha Bach said that they were going to retreat, I don't know if that entails the nameless Quincies wrecking up the place. I kind of doubt it, but then it wouldn't make sense to have all of your putties continuing the fight when the "Zero Squad" is supposed to appear. Then again, we're talking about a villain who has killed his own followers, so I think anything goes.
__________________
Speical thanks to Haladflire65 for the awesome Signature
Bassoonicmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 05:57   Link #1132
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Oh, how quickly we forget about poor, poor Choujiro. But yeah, Yamamoto's joining his lieutenant.
i guess i can reluctantly accept that choujiro is a named character

he's slightly above a fodder shinigami being named right before being cut down i suppose
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 18:21   Link #1133
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I wonder if Juha Bach can steal Ichigo's bankai.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 18:32   Link #1134
Marcus H.
Close Quarters Cuisine
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
^ Well, technically, Ichigo shouldn't have a bankai to begin with since he has broken off his ties with Zangetsu when he went Mugetsu. (i.e., what we see right now is not a standard Bankai that a Shinigami usually has, so we are not sure if his Bankai is qualified for theft by those Quincy.)
__________________
Have a nice talk with the Animesuki forum members on Discord! (Promise, we won't bite!) Drop me or RRW a PM for the link!

Summer 2017: Isekai Shokudou (4/1c), New Game S2 (1/12), Vatican Kiseki Chousa-kan (4/12) and Owarimonogatari S2 (Aug12).
Continuing from Spring 2017: Sakura Quest (16/25).
2016 Catch-up: Amanchu! (1/12), Owarimonogatari (7/12) and Koyomimonogatari (1/12).
Autumn 2017: Kekkai Sensen and Beyond, Just Because and 3-Gatsu no Lion S2.


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 309. Plan to watch: 43.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 19:04   Link #1135
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 28
Chances of loli quincy falling for Ichigo?
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 19:10   Link #1136
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Well, technically, Ichigo shouldn't have a bankai to begin with since he has broken off his ties with Zangetsu when he went Mugetsu. (i.e., what we see right now is not a standard Bankai that a Shinigami usually has, so we are not sure if his Bankai is qualified for theft by those Quincy.)
Aww, what the heck. I know I previously stated that I don't intend on debating this point, but I think I'm feeling more in the mood now.

Ichigo was indeed confirmed to have retained and reawakened shiniagmi powers during the fullbring arc. So it remains within the realm of possibility that Zangetsu didn't go anywhere (since he's the manifestation of those very powers). When Zangetsu stated that using FGT would cut ties with him, he may have only been referring to the consequent loss of Ichigo's reiatsu and shinigami powers having not known at the time that Ichigo would eventually reawaken that latent energy. What I'm basically suggesting is that either Zangetsu may have been wrong (when you consider the circumstances under which he made those statements), or we may have drawn two different interpretations of Zangetu's words and what they mean for Ichigo's powers.

I know I've stated this before, but I think it remains equally possible that Ichigo's bankai can't be stolen for the same reason why no one but Juha Bach could steal Yamamoto's bankai--There isn't anyone who's spiritual energy is powerful enough to accomplish the task.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 22:18   Link #1137
Marcus H.
Close Quarters Cuisine
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
If Ichigo has Zangetsu right now, why hasn't he talked with him yet?
__________________
Have a nice talk with the Animesuki forum members on Discord! (Promise, we won't bite!) Drop me or RRW a PM for the link!

Summer 2017: Isekai Shokudou (4/1c), New Game S2 (1/12), Vatican Kiseki Chousa-kan (4/12) and Owarimonogatari S2 (Aug12).
Continuing from Spring 2017: Sakura Quest (16/25).
2016 Catch-up: Amanchu! (1/12), Owarimonogatari (7/12) and Koyomimonogatari (1/12).
Autumn 2017: Kekkai Sensen and Beyond, Just Because and 3-Gatsu no Lion S2.


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 309. Plan to watch: 43.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 22:27   Link #1138
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: it's too dark to tell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
If Ichigo has Zangetsu right now, why hasn't he talked with him yet?
Because we have to fight the main boss at least once before we get to resolve an inner conflict/training session!
__________________
Speical thanks to Haladflire65 for the awesome Signature
Bassoonicmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 22:59   Link #1139
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
If Ichigo has Zangetsu right now, why hasn't he talked with him yet?
Bassoonicmayhem kind of alluded to the answer I was going to give. We only see him talk to Zangetsu when he's in a major bind. Ever since Ichigo's regained his shinigami powers from Rukia and co., he's had an easy time against the enemies he's faced up until he got trapped in that cage. (And who knows what happened while he was in there?)

Instead, a question I would pose is why hasn't Ichigo yet to notice or state anything weird about using getsuga tenshou & bankai without being able to feel Zangetsu's presence--assuming Zangetsu really is gone forever? And how could a hollow-based power (such as fullbring) be able to manifest shinigami-based abilities? Thanks to Kubo's interviews, we also know that Ichigo has now resumed his substitute related duties (such as performing konso's). So if we assume that Ichigo is using pseudo shinigami abilities born from hollow powers, could his zanpakuto still send lost souls off to Soul Society or purify the souls of hollows?

Last edited by sayde; 2012-10-21 at 23:31.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 02:42   Link #1140
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: it's too dark to tell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Instead, a question I would pose is why hasn't Ichigo yet to notice or state anything weird about using getsuga tenshou & bankai without being able to feel Zangetsu's presence--assuming Zangetsu really is gone forever? And how could a hollow-based power (such as fullbring) be able to manifest shinigami-based abilities? Thanks to Kubo's interviews, we also know that Ichigo has now resumed his substitute related duties (such as performing konso's). So if we assume that Ichigo is using pseudo shinigami abilities born from hollow powers, could his zanpakuto still send lost souls off to Soul Society or purify the souls of hollows?
I donít really think itís all that complicated. Ichigo has always had a hard time getting in touch with his shinigami powers. Iím pretty sure it took eight books before he learned Zangetsuís name (correct me if Iím wrongóIím doing this based on memory). Also, you have to take into account that Ichigo was human before he was a shinigami, vizored, fullbringer, ext. I've always pictured the souls in the Bleach universe in a Yin and Yang scenario. Where people (humans and shinigami) are inherently born with both yin (hollow) and yang (normal soul). Those who are aware of those powers can exploit them (fullbringers) and some will have to change once the balance beings to shift unevenly (visoreds). To me, Ichigo would always have hollow powers just because it's seemingly in human (and shinigami) nature. Since his father was a shinigami though, it kind of added to Ichigo's favor (in my weird system). And because Isshin was able to regain his powers, what would stop Ichigo from eventually regaining his (since he's apparently half-in-half)?

Also, Iíve always been under the impression that Ichigo got Zangetsuís powers back when he did the fullbringer training. (That was the deal, wasnít it? I know it was all some sort of backwards trick that failed, but please, correct me if Iím wrong.) He just hasnít got in touch with this new version of Zangetsu because he hasn't been in a situation dire enough (or we will flashback to the cage). And yes, I do think Zangetsu will get another face lift. Why? Iím not entirely sure. Probably because of the fullbringer training, but Iím not really questioning the fact how Ichigo is using the sword--I thought that was the reason why we had the last arc.
__________________
Speical thanks to Haladflire65 for the awesome Signature
Bassoonicmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleach, chapter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.