AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 21:40   Link #5061
monster

Energy source of spaceships and thruster fuel source of mobile suits: While nice to know, is probably just fine left to the imagination.

SEED: Definitely needs to be explored more.

Newtype: Doesn't really exist in CE, just think of it as Al Da Flaga's freak mutation that is passed on to his son, his clones, and Kira (Ulen, what did you do? ). (And did Prayer from Astray also have it? )

Coordinator reproductive issue: Doesn't really need to be explained. Somehow, the genetic engineering done to make a Coordinator introduced some flaw that is apparent in the third generation. If they know why it's happening, they could probably find the solution. It's a viable problem setup ready to be used.

Earth's energy crisis: What needs explaining? The Earth relied on nuclear fission technology for certain important functions of their society. The Neutron Jammer took out that power source, and apparently that was enough to cause many deaths. The Neutron Jammer Canceller resolved that issue.

Mars faction: An Astray addition. Let the Astray deal with that.

Space Whales: A wonder of the CE universe and helped encouraged movement to space, I believe. It doesn't need to be explored. As for what the Astray has on this subject, well, let the Astray handle that too.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 21:54   Link #5062
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
First things first, Strike Freedom is a mobile suit built by Terminal. So when Kira joins ZAFT, have him pilot a command mobile suit built by ZAFT instead of the Strike Freedom. After all, it wouldn't be good to know that the mobile suit, and thus the pilot, that was attacking your side in the previous war is now in command.

In fact, now that I think about it, might as well have the Strike Freedom be stolen by the antagonist from wherever Terminal hid it after Destiny (the show). It's a tradition, isn't it? .
As far as I like your scenario, the problem here is, we don’t know exactly what’s the deal with Kira Joining ZAFT and goes straight to become a commander. Considering how the masses (fans, director, etc) prefer Kira piloting a Gundam, I think it’ll be more likely that Kira will be allowed to keep his Strike Freedom. From the story’s POV, I think ZAFT will be fine with the “famous” SF & its pilot joining them and fight for them (or for the chairwoman at least). ZAFT’re made of professional soldiers who should be able to get over the “trauma” of SF opposing them. As for the people at PLANT, they’re already fond of Lacus Clyne (their chairwoman now) and considering that SF protects her during the previous war (and now in PLANT), its presence will be more than tolerated. I mean, surely ZAFT & PLANT wouldn’t refuse protection by Kira & SF, right? Unless those people are very loyal to Durandal and his vision. Thus, Durandal’s faction can also become antagonist this time around aside from the suffering Earth’s nations.

and for those who ask for the Space Whales, you can watch them fully explored in Macross 7 OVA . I would rather they leave them in Astray manga. I'm worried that if they introduced a living alien species in the main series, next thing you know, there will be a SEED version of A wakening of the Trailblazer .
Old 2012-10-24, 21:59   Link #5063
monster

It's not about trauma, it's about trust issue. If ZAFT soldiers knew that this guy were attacking their fellow soldiers, could they trust their lives to him that quickly?

Also, I think Kira himself would rather not deal with the publicity that would bring to him, both the good and the bad.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:04   Link #5064
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It's not about trauma, it's about trust issue. If ZAFT soldiers knew that this guy were attacking their fellow soldiers, could they trust their lives to him that quickly?

Also, I think Kira himself would rather not deal with the publicity that would bring to him, both the good and the bad.
I think that's what a truce or peace treaty are for, right? They just have to learn to trust him and his MS.

As for the publicity, that can't be helped since he's always on Lacus' side to protect her and some ZAFT higher-ups already knew that they have a "special" relationship. There's no way you can hide it forever .
Old 2012-10-24, 22:09   Link #5065
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Energy source of spaceships and thruster fuel source of mobile suits: While nice to know, is probably just fine left to the imagination.

SEED: Definitely needs to be explored more.

Newtype: Doesn't really exist in CE, just think of it as Al Da Flaga's freak mutation that is passed on to his son, his clones, and Kira (Ulen, what did you do? ). (And did Prayer from Astray also have it? )

Coordinator reproductive issue: Doesn't really need to be explained. Somehow, the genetic engineering done to make a Coordinator introduced some flaw that is apparent in the third generation. If they know why it's happening, they could probably find the solution. It's a viable problem setup ready to be used.

Earth's energy crisis: What needs explaining? The Earth relied on nuclear fission technology for certain important functions of their society. The Neutron Jammer took out that power source, and apparently that was enough to cause many deaths. The Neutron Jammer Canceller resolved that issue.

Mars faction: An Astray addition. Let the Astray deal with that.

Space Whales: A wonder of the CE universe and helped encouraged movement to space, I believe. It doesn't need to be explored. As for what the Astray has on this subject, well, let the Astray handle that too.
Hmm viable answers. Although there are other newtypes besides Al Da Flaga and Mu and genetic clones. There was an entire squadron or something of Newtypes that Mu was in. Unfortunately they're all dead.

There are hints of other possible Newtypes in Astray though. So although rare and not as prevalent as UC, there are Newtypes in CE that aren't merely the spawn of Al Da Flaga.

And I think Prayer exhibited the strongest Newtype abilities in CE, he even telepathically communicated with another person with only his mind, no tech involved.

And as for Astray-related stuff, it's part of CE. I said CE in general is unexplained, not merely the tv series.

Besides I really hope they decide to animate Astray.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:12   Link #5066
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think that's what a truce or peace treaty are for, right? They just have to learn to trust him and his MS.
Tell that to those who cause Junius 7 to drop on Earth. Apparently they didn't accept that a truce/peace treaty was reached at the end of SEED.
Quote:
As for the publicity, that can't be helped since he's always on Lacus' side to protect her and some ZAFT higher-ups already knew that they have a "special" relationship. There's no way you can hide it forever .
Different kind of publicity. Being associated with Lacus is one thing, being known as the pilot of Freedom/Strike Freedom is another. With the former, at worst the public will think Lacus is giving him favors because they're romantically linked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
Hmm viable answers. Although there are other newtypes besides Al Da Flaga and Mu and genetic clones. There was an entire squadron or something of Newtypes that Mu was in. Unfortunately they're all dead.
Actually, that's the spatial awareness thing. It's different from the telepathic link of Mu and company.
Quote:
And as for Astray-related stuff, it's part of CE. I said CE in general is unexplained, not merely the tv series.

Besides I really hope they decide to animate Astray.
All I'm saying is that the series would probably not cover that.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:13   Link #5067
Kirayuki

Quote:
No, they were just normal soldiers.

Unless there were really confirmation about their status, they were just bunch of people with moderate to high spatial awareness.

And the problem is, what is defined as Newtype in CE ? People who get Newtype flash ? Or that include people who can use remote weapon like bits or Dragoon ?

Also, there wasn't any indicator or clear cut requirement for using remote weapon because even normal people can still be implied to use it. And note that Mobius Zero or any other CE suits that use remote weapon doesn't use something that only Newtype from UC can use like Psycommu. You have Sting as the proof for that (I don't think he was ever implied to have strong spatial awareness)
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:24   Link #5068
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Tell that to those who cause Junius 7 to drop on Earth. Apparently they didn't accept that a truce/peace treaty was reached at the end of SEED.
And that’s why I said it can be used as a plot devise, right? For example: conflict with those who’s loyal to Durandal.

Quote:
Different kind of publicity. Being associated with Lacus is one thing, being known as the pilot of Freedom/Strike Freedom is another. With the former, at worst the public will think Lacus is giving him favors because they're romantically linked.
I think no matter what publicity he’ll get, it will never faze Kira from protecting his beloved Lacus. Hell, I think he’s already prepared for anything once he wore that uniform and enter ZAFT, including all the negative sentiments he’ll receive. He can’t be picky anymore with his life .
Old 2012-10-24, 22:34   Link #5069
monster

Quote:
I think no matter what publicity he’ll get, it will never faze Kira from protecting his beloved Lacus. Hell, I think he’s already prepared for anything once he wore that uniform and enter ZAFT, including all the negative sentiments he’ll receive. He can’t be picky anymore with his life .
Still, I don't think being prepared means he's not going to keep a lower profile if he could.
Old 2012-10-24, 22:37   Link #5070
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Still, I don't think being prepared means he's not going to keep a lower profile if he could.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with you on that. It's just, some things are just beyond his capabilities, like rumors & negative sentiments towards him.
Old 2012-10-25, 00:50   Link #5071
monster

Quote:
Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with you on that. It's just, some things are just beyond his capabilities, like rumors & negative sentiments towards him.
And other things are not beyond his control, like not using the Strike Freedom when he can use whatever mobile suit is assigned to him by ZAFT.
Old 2012-10-25, 00:54   Link #5072
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
And other things are not beyond his control, like not using the Strike Freedom when he can use whatever mobile suit is assigned to him by ZAFT.
Like I said, Kira piloting SF after SEED Destiny is more likely due to the will of SEED fans, director, producers, etc which also beyond Kira's control, btw .
Old 2012-10-25, 01:28   Link #5073
monster

Nah, as long as they give Kira a good mobile suit to fight with, the fans will be fine.
Old 2012-10-25, 01:43   Link #5074
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Nah, as long as they give Kira a good mobile suit to fight with, the fans will be fine.
I do wonder how many percent of Japanese SEED fans who wants to see Kira piloting a mono-eye (like u suggested) seriously, not just for the lulz. Even if the fans are open-minded about it, I doubt the directors, scriptwriters, producers and Sunrise/Bandai execs are. They just don't want to risk their wallet on it .

I’m just considering the most likely case here.
Old 2012-10-25, 02:00   Link #5075
monster

Another Gundam is also fine. I just think it's more appropriate for Kira to pilot a proper ZAFT mobile suit, now that he's officially joined ZAFT, rather than bringing in his own mobile suit.
Old 2012-10-25, 02:02   Link #5076
Zeydra
A random passerby

Zaft Aces who are favoured by the chairman of the time tend to get given Gundams, all of the Gundams owned by Zaft were handed out this way (besides the Impulse which was a hand-me-down to Lunamaria at the end, though it started out in the same way).

Since Kira is going to be strongly favoured by Lacus I fully expect him to either keep using the Strike Freedom, or be given a brand new Zaft developed Gundam.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 02:14   Link #5077
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Since Kira is going to be strongly favoured by Lacus I fully expect him to either keep using the Strike Freedom, or be given a brand new Zaft developed Gundam.
Yeah, that's what I had in mind too. I can imagine those Sunrise/Bandai Execs nodding in agreement after hearing that idea. Though I assume it'll be more in favor to the new Gundam for kit-sales .
Old 2012-10-25, 03:00   Link #5078
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Zaft Aces who are favoured by the chairman of the time tend to get given Gundams, all of the Gundams owned by Zaft were handed out this way (besides the Impulse which was a hand-me-down to Lunamaria at the end, though it started out in the same way).

Honestly, the SF didn't gethurt in the final battle at all, there is no reason for him to switch to a new mobile suit again, and seriously, what else could they possibly att to it? a second pair of wings, dual railcannons/chestblasters and double barrel beam guns?

Not to mention i'd put my money on Kira being on the eternal commanding the black tri stars and their Dom's, with Shinn serving with him as his x/o or something like that, assuming Shinn stayed in zaft and didn't head off to orb

Quote:
So this so called "hiraiface" also changed Cagalli's hair color?
wouldnt surprise me, i have the attensionspan of a 2 year old when i get bored sometimes, i havent seen the final episode of destiny or final plus in a few years, so i guess not fully remembering that helps out aswell

Quote:
I don't know but almost everywhere I see about info on DESTINY, Lacus becomes chairwoman. Don't know where's the source except the video. Well sometimes, it seems like Fukuda and co have no idea what they're talking about or doing.

And CE has been mostly centered on ORB and ZAFT unlike UC which is centered more on the EF.

It's different but at least in UC, we get to see more of Zeon. In CE, we barely see into the lives of the people on Earth who aren't Orb or desert fighters.....

I think they have a ORB and PLANTS bias anyway.
See, that's the problem, there is no source on lacus being chairman, only fan speculation.

if anything, she is on the council, why?:
Acted for peace between ORB and Zaft (mentioned in the end of Destiny)
Stopped patrick Zala from wiping out naturals
Stopped the EAF/EF/whatever from nuking the flying fuck out of plants
Stopped Durandal from nuking the flying fuck out of everyone who doesnt agree with his Destiny plan
Makes great music
Has a habit of always being right.
Oh, and she has a secret super-powerful army that pretty much manages to stop wars on their own.

why she isn't chairman:
Wouldn't make sense, the Zaft have a high council and some form of election?(Correct me if im wrong here, but isnt it something about one representant from each Plant group?and one chairman)
we've never gotten the impression that she is, she had the council outfit mixed with her usual Japan-themed outfit.

Hell, she might not even be on the council, she was honored and allowed to return to plant since she opened up a path for communication between Zaft and ORB after the war, maybe she's a honoaru council member and Zaft's ambassador in ORB? or some shit like that, you can speculate on and on. lol
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 04:14   Link #5079
Aquaman OS

Why would he not use SF? He's pretty clearly not hiding the fact that he's Lacus's right hand man, and the Freedom/SF became very well known as the symbol of Clyne Factions power. He's probably also Captaining the Eternal, which is probably still crewed by Andy's team.

He's not in Zaft to serve Zaft. He's there to serve Lacus. His interactions with the Zaft rank and file will probably be minimal.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 06:36   Link #5080
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Why would he not use SF? He's pretty clearly not hiding the fact that he's Lacus's right hand man, and the Freedom/SF became very well known as the symbol of Clyne Factions power. He's probably also Captaining the Eternal, which is probably still crewed by Andy's team.

He's not in Zaft to serve Zaft. He's there to serve Lacus. His interactions with the Zaft rank and file will probably be minimal.
This, and I think the only reason why he is wearing white coat so no one go OMG when they see him wearing EAF/Orb in ZAFT area...
(He is just keeping it low.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep