AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 05:18   Link #37921
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not really

If they took a major level in badass of course. Case in point, the fight with gospel in Sacred Twins is won by three people (second bout) and two people (third bout). Around the same time, golem parts raining the ocean by the other three.....
Old 2012-10-31, 05:30   Link #37922
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Updating this weekend?
Old 2012-10-31, 05:31   Link #37923
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe the ace combat one, it's almost finished.

I just need to write the more epic combat scene that is.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-10-31 at 05:41.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 06:54   Link #37924
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'll try and work something out, having three going up against the Gospel while two break off and search for him sounds feasible.

Also, I imagined Inami having the voice of X from The Day of Sigma.
Old 2012-10-31, 17:31   Link #37925
DarkJak2050

Got another one...

Infinite Sisters

And a crossover.

Phantom Task (This time with Danny Phantom)
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 01:41   Link #37926
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Spoiler for Motivation:

Motivating enough?
Old 2012-11-01, 02:16   Link #37927
Eratas123

Sounds pretty generic, but its fine. The whole "You're better than you think you are" shtick seems to happen in every motivational speech.
Old 2012-11-01, 02:42   Link #37928
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Sounds pretty generic, but its fine. The whole "You're better than you think you are" shtick seems to happen in every motivational speech.
Well.... I am trying to make the "You're better than you think you are" a little more interesting....
Old 2012-11-01, 03:42   Link #37929
demino_hellsin
That one guy

A bit bored... so I'm just gonna replot fourzeXIS xover.

After the events of their second year of highschool, Gentarou tries to reactivate the damaged Fourze system. The backlash fom his past reckless duel sends him flyng into a vortex of cosmic energy. He awakens to a world muh like his own but different. Society is matriarchal and mechanical exoskeletal armor called Infinite Stratos are coveted and lorded over each other to symbolize power and glory of a country. He is taken in by the ISA, an organization/school that generally trains future IS pilots, but really acts as a police that keeps the balance of power. There, he learns that 38 of his 40 astroswitches were lost during his journey to this world.

Someone has taken them and is using them to manufacture weapons which have been shown to be effective against IS. Even so far as to power IS offshoots. The astroswitches are considered dangerous and therefore ISA plans to collect them. Gentarou proclaims that he will participate in this switch hunt. Because these astro switches are mementos of a friend's father.

The enemies will mostly be people who have been given IS frames with closed forms. Special systems were built to be used in conjunction with the astro switches called cosmic computers. These handle most IS related functions in place of IS cores.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 03:59   Link #37930
Eratas123

How about insulting someone till they realize they're better than they are and kick the crap out of you for insulting them? This one's just a smidge less overused.
Old 2012-11-01, 04:32   Link #37931
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Meanwhile, I am working on pirated IS.... I called it Bootleg.

Bootleg IS lack infinite power of IS which means it can't last very long and need to recharge before every battle.

To prevent Jetpack incident, Bootlegs are all grounded (you probably wouldn't want your jetpack to run out of power while in mid-air)

Bootleg IS to enhance their pilot's ability to match IS pilot, The bootleg frame inject the pilots with drugs... However, being the cheaper option, the drug isn't "safe" and is very addictive.
Alternative is generically altered humans.

Big guns with lots of firepower as if to overcompensate things
=

There are better version of Bootleg, which has flight capability, extend battery duration.... Performance is same as an IS. The former is just a trap to lull IS pilots into false sense of security.
Old 2012-11-01, 08:42   Link #37932
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I went with a path similar to Era's with Astra Exodus. R:Evolution uses a physical boost system that tampers with the human body chemistry. End result is somewhat of a painful, slow and mounting cancer

Would it be interesting if in this incarnation of the badguys in FourzeXIS crossover, the fake ISes don't adversely affect their pilots. Instead, it just gives them a vast amount of power to use or abuse as they see fit.

The badguy in here does his thing for science! If Tabane's IS research will allow humans to reach out far beyond their current galaxy, this guy's research of cosmic energy is approaching alchemist like objectives: Knowing the truth of the universe, contacting intelligent life beyond our imagination etc.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:05   Link #37933
Eratas123

@ Demi - So......it 'just' gives a vast amount of power? I'm not seeing the 'just' here.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:00   Link #37934
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well it doesn't have any inherent abilities that make the pilot crazy or directly harm them. It gives them power. Whatever happens after that is up to the character
Old 2012-11-01, 11:10   Link #37935
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As in, raw power you can shape at your will?

Hmm, quite interesting.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:32   Link #37936
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not quite. The fake IS frames ofcourse come with a standardized model. However specialized astro switches can give them a unique weapon and maybe even form. For example, Fourze's astro switches.

Currently, the normal astro switch manufactured by the enemy and used by them in general would be the Black Box Switch. This is a plain black switch that when connected to the Cosmic Computer of an IS frame, just provides a set amount of cosmic energy to it. Much like a battery. The frame in general would be designed mostly similar to the Rafael Revive as an all around combat unit.

The enemy would eventually develop more advanced astro switches of their own based on Fourze's switches in their possession and adapt the module system of Fourze.

EDIT:
To properly explain. The enemy units can be divided into 3 parts. The IS frame; the Cosmic Computer, and the astro switch.

Generally, a fake IS frame doesn't require an astro switch to activate. Within the IS frame is a set of capacitors for cosmic energy. One can deploy their IS frame as one would a normal IS so long as there is still cosmic energy to spare within the frame. Unlike normal situations, these false IS are normally tuned like personal machines.

The Cosmic Computers replace the IS cores and serve to manage all the functions of the IS. Data processing, AI support, etc. However, it does more than just that. The Cosmic Computer can be located by a special slot on the IS, active or closed form, where the Astro switch can be placed. By placing the astro switch there, the fake IS can absorb cosmic energy necessary for IS' activation or to access the functions of the astro switch itself.

Astro switches generally serve as the power source of the fake IS, however they are also capable of preserving information. Having a system similar to that of the equalizer system, the switches allow special equipment to be kept inside them in the form of energy. Sometimes, this energy is so powerful that it goes beyond its original parameters and modifies whatever the switch is attatched to instead of just providing the equipment. This is called a States Change.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-11-01 at 12:21.
Old 2012-11-01, 12:46   Link #37937
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Official Age's Original IS fic.

Enigmatic Bleeding Edge Cores: Chapter 0: Cake Party Zenpan (First half)

Spoiler for Enigmatic Bleeding Edge Cores: Chapter 0: Cake Party First Half:

How is it? I admit the first part is just padding out the story... I can cut it straight to the email part.

Edit: Still working on the title though

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-11-02 at 13:35.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 01:33   Link #37938
Eratas123

Demi - Again, I'm not seeing the 'just' here. 'Just' implies that it's limited or that whatever you're referring to is barely enough. How in the heck does "Gives power, with no harm or drawbacks whatsoever" sound like its limiting at all? It's like saying God is 'just' all-powerful.
Old 2012-11-02, 01:44   Link #37939
demino_hellsin
That one guy

All I'm sayng is that there is nothing else. No more, no less.
Old 2012-11-02, 02:30   Link #37940
Eratas123

Alright then. I'd like to comment on the fact that "power with absolutely no harms or drawbacks" doesn't sit well with most fans/readers. Many like to see conflict, and something like that inherently cheapens it.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest