AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 7 10.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 17.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 14.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 9.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-04, 15:22   Link #41
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
.....mashiro......
I honestly didn't mind what happened in Mashiro. I felt it worked there because...

Spoiler for Mashiro-iro Symphony comparisons:

I'm certainly not saying that Riki/Rin won't happen. In fact, it probably will happen since Rin has "main heroine" plastered all over her. I'm more saying what I'd like this anime adaptation to do if they go that route.

But don't worry, GenjiChan, I'll try not to get too caught up in shipping wars this time.
Old 2012-11-04, 16:07   Link #42
flack

Well since there are numerous negative comments from viewers this week. I feel like I can speak my true thoughts of this show right now.

1) I have yet to laugh at a single joke from Episode 1 - 5 (I laughed at the muscle joke but that is after I youtubed it and seen it from the VN).
2) The characters are depicted as just simply retarded, all of them, no offense...but especially Masato...seriously wtf did they do to him...****.
3) Why the hell are they messing with sound patterns of the OST's? Just leave them as it.
4) As I said this probably a million times, WHY won't they atleast have AVERAGE QUALITY LEVEL of animation for this show. JUST HOW MANY ****ING STILL IMAGES, FRAME LAGS, DULL COLORS,..., ARE THEY GOING TO SHOW. JC you are on the verge of bankruptcy aren't you...that has to be the reason.
5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I can't blame anyone that has decided to drop the show, it's poorly done. All these emotional and funny scenes are getting cheapened, watered down, and lacks the oomph which has created the strong fan base that the VN has.
This is THE PERFECT DESCRIPTION of this show right now.

Spoiler for Comparison to VN:
Old 2012-11-04, 16:16   Link #43
taichi-kun

I didn't play the VN but I liked this episode and Komari

but yeah the breakdown could be better done.

I'm curious like chitanda about the events that they are skipping

It's impossible to adapt like 6-7hours? of the route in 3 episodes.
Old 2012-11-04, 17:08   Link #44
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

The voices and characters are as annoying as they were in the VN.
The jokes are as funny as they were in the VN.
The OST is a straight copy.
The art is not only proportional (for human faces), but much prettier than the VN.
So far so good~
I'd say the anime only viewers are being served LB the proper/better way.
Old 2012-11-04, 17:43   Link #45
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
The OST is a straight copy.
Personally the only 10 out of 10 I give to the anime so far.
Nostalgia could have a hand in it though...
Old 2012-11-04, 17:46   Link #46
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Finally the Dorama picks up! And with "In the town of unending rain"

I love that piano piece...

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-04, 17:55   Link #47
Triple_R
*Author

Yeah, the OST/BGM is the strongest element of the show. That, more than anything, is what makes this feel like "Key" to me so far.

I also think that the character designs are fantastic, though I will admit that the animation isn't the best of it.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:42   Link #48
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

As it stands now, this anime feels like fanservice for VN veterans like me. I'm certainly enjoying it, as it feels awesome to see my favorite characters come to life on the screen, but I feel that it's a bad idea for newcomers to watch this first. Almost everything other than the art style and Komari's depiction is done better in the VN.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:45   Link #49
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
As it stands now, this anime feels like fanservice for VN veterans like me. I'm certainly enjoying it, as it feels awesome to see my favorite characters come to life on the screen, but I feel that it's a bad idea for newcomers to watch this first. Almost everything other than the art style and Komari's depiction is done better in the VN.
Dunno which VN players you've been talking to but most of the ones I know only have complaints about the show. So if it's meant for fanservice for the VN players, it's doing a bad job at pleasing the majority.
Hell, if it really was just meant as fanservice for the VN players it would have stuck to the VN much more faithfully.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:54   Link #50
Triple_R
*Author

I'm honestly finding that VN players are the ones that tend to have the most critical comments to make about LB! the anime so far, so I can only assume that LB! is failing to adapt certain key scenes in an effective and/or faithful way.

As an anime-only viewer, I've found the show to be a largely decent watch. Admittedly, I'm not quite getting what all the hype was about, but I don't think this show is downright bad. The comments I've seeing from many VN players is not just that this show isn't matching the hype, but that it's downright bad.

LB! seems like a decent eroge adaptation to me, with a colorful cast of characters in the Maeda-tradition, but it's not "wowing" me any. Well, other than the BGM/OST causing me some nice moments of nostalgia from other Key works.
Old 2012-11-04, 19:04   Link #51
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Dunno which VN players you've been talking to but most of the ones I know only have complaints about the show. So if it's meant for fanservice for the VN players, it's doing a bad job at pleasing the majority.
Hell, if it really was just meant as fanservice for the VN players it would have stuck to the VN much more faithfully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm honestly finding that VN players are the ones that tend to have the most critical comments to make about LB! the anime so far, so I can only assume that LB! is failing to adapt certain key scenes in an effective and/or faithful way.
Oh, boy do I have my own share of complaints. The lack of animation, the bad timing for the jokes, the bad timing in general, and a few poor/misleading character representations all make this anime much worse than it could have been. I happen to agree with what a lot of the other VN players here have been saying.

But that doesn't mean I can't just sit back and enjoy this anime for what it has to offer me. I've already experienced the VN, which is what I consider to be the better version of the story, so I'm not too worried about my appreciation for the story being tainted by bad direction/animation like it might for a newcomer.

Quote:
As an anime-only viewer, I've found the show to be a largely decent watch. Admittedly, I'm not quite getting what all the hype was about, but I don't think this show is downright bad. The comments I've seeing from many VN players is not just that this show isn't matching the hype, but that it's downright bad.

LB! seems like a decent eroge adaptation to me, with a colorful cast of characters in the Maeda-tradition, but it's not "wowing" me any. Well, other than the BGM/OST causing me some nice moments of nostalgia from other Key works.
Well, I can't say it's not nice to see that you're enjoying this anime. Let me assure you that it's terrifyingly easy to screw up adapting Little Busters, and J. C. Staff's job so far could be a whole lot worse. They could have had Kon Chiaki direct this, for one thing.
Old 2012-11-04, 19:08   Link #52
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Ha Ha HA! Not an Eroge...EX doesn't count since the original was All Ages (Like Clannad).
Old 2012-11-04, 19:20   Link #53
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Let me assure you that it's terrifyingly easy to screw up adapting Little Busters, and J. C. Staff's job so far could be a whole lot worse. They could have had Kon Chiaki direct this, for one thing.
And this is why there are so many complaints. VN players know how easy it is to screw up this story, thus we are vexing how this adaption is being handled.
There are a few small yet critical plot related devices that are currently changed or somewhat ignored. I can't say it here, but it's currently (or was) being discussed in the spoiler heavy threads.
Old 2012-11-04, 19:22   Link #54
leokiko

It's just ok so far, but the poor animation annoys me.
Old 2012-11-04, 21:48   Link #55
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
It's just ok so far, but the poor animation annoys me.
You know what's funny...? JC Staff has fewer REAL animated frames than SHAFT's Puella Magica (2011).

Anyway, the direction could have been better. I don't necessarily agree to the long-term direction of this anime either, but face it: we all predicted this (bad direction) would happen, so just enjoy it for as it is.
Old 2012-11-04, 21:48   Link #56
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

The episode was great but something felt missing. The staff could have broken Komari more. Then again, I may have been too used too KyoAni's works.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:12   Link #57
MartianMage

Been reading a lot of hype about this show but 5 episodes in... and I still don't see what's so good about Little Busters...

and I find Komari extremely annoying <_<
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-11-04, 22:17   Link #58
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Been reading a lot of hype about this show but 5 episodes in... and I still don't see what's so good about Little Busters...

and I find Komari extremely annoying <_<
Correction, you've probably been hearing a lot of hype about the VN...not the anime I'm sure....
Old 2012-11-04, 22:40   Link #59
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

For me this episode gets a 7. It is an improvement over the last episodes but for me it didn't capture the emotions of Komari's breakdown.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:49   Link #60
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The VN brought in many people to watch the anime in my opinion. I believe some are even staying away because they predicted bad things will happen with the anime version. Either way, it's just like that with Majikoi. As well as many other VN-adapted animes.
Closed Thread