AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 23:29   Link #2781
Flere821
Lurker

Post Alicization WEB Ch7 1st half

Chinese translations on WEB Ch7 is about half done, this part is a lot longer than previous parts. Here’s a summary of it (will be continued in my next post):

Spoiler for Ch7 1st half:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 23:31   Link #2782
Flere821
Lurker

Post Alicization WEB Ch7 1st half continued

Continued from above:

Spoiler for WEB Ch7 summary continued:
Old 2012-11-10, 01:03   Link #2783
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Chinese translations on WEB Ch7 is about half done, this part is a lot longer than previous parts. Here’s a summary of it (will be continued in my next post):

Quote:
Continued from above:

Thank you very much for the summaries Flere
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 10:18   Link #2784
tomtkp

Quote:
Continued from above:

Great summaries from Flere821. Although the summaries were very long that they didn't look like summaries at all but the first 2 parts of Chapter 7 are really that long, about 200+ pages of a light novel. As a slow reader, it already took 2 hours for me only to finish up the escape part. I wonder I may have to take half a day to finish the remaining section.
Old 2012-11-10, 11:42   Link #2785
EvI

man thank you very much really!!!!
so alice became brainwashed huh hunf poor her...
i hope kirito finds the third option btw
and hell cardinal as a harem girl? really? (i almost died laughing about this)
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 14:11   Link #2786
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Quote:
Continued from above:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-10, 19:48   Link #2787
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 20:28   Link #2788
EvI

wait...WHAT?
eugeu died?
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 20:44   Link #2789
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

@EvI, spoiler tag

with ep19 Kirito transform into gleameye. I hope someone will summon the BoneRepear in Alicization.
Old 2012-11-10, 21:02   Link #2790
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-11-10, 22:20   Link #2791
Darkonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for reply:
Spoiler for reply:
Darkonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 23:37   Link #2792
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkonus View Post
Spoiler for reply:
The first parents of the UW fluctlights died, though that was more like them needing a reason to logout.
In Vol.9 it is mentioned 200 or so died from an epidemic to test reactions and Eugeo said that after a certain age the life durability of a human unit decreases until they die (reaches zero). Besides, Eugeo nearly died due to the slash wound against the goblins in Vol.9.
Old 2012-11-11, 01:09   Link #2793
Sixth
Hu Tao

About Fairy Dance arc, do you think that "Aizen" can help Kirito to save his girlfriend in real life by using his connection and authority if Kirito ask him directly?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 02:31   Link #2794
Darkonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The first parents of the UW fluctlights died, though that was more like them needing a reason to logout.
In Vol.9 it is mentioned 200 or so died from an epidemic to test reactions and Eugeo said that after a certain age the life durability of a human unit decreases until they die (reaches zero). Besides, Eugeo nearly died due to the slash wound against the goblins in Vol.9.
Ya but if you remember when they where showing off the fluctlights to Asuna in Volume 9, they pretty much loaded it and it died, or broke down, like they had done many times before. So that tells me the fluctlights are always backed up and can be tweaked and reloaded, in such a way.
Darkonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 03:57   Link #2795
Zeriand
Banned

We have no idea how the real novel will fluctuate from the web ones though. Anything that happens there might undergo a massive change, so I personally think it's pointless to read the old web novels.
Zeriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 04:01   Link #2796
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
We have no idea how the real novel will fluctuate from the web ones though. Anything that happens there might undergo a massive change, so I personally think it's pointless to read the old web novels.
Actually, it's pointless too if one will complain about the anime when it did not follow the LN then didn't the manga and from the web.... Confusing really..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 07:15   Link #2797
Zeriand
Banned

We watch the animes because it gives form to certain scenes that we are not satisfied with just reading the text. For me, if there's a Visual Novel for SAO I would've lunged at the first opportunity because I believe that it will provide the equivalent of both experiences (and the action scenes would be infinitely better as well). But since there's none I'll just have to do them both.

Went back to re-read ALO because my novel memory on that was vague. So far the anime has done an excellent job on ALO - much, much better than the original SAO really - probably because of how short ALO originally is.
Zeriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 08:00   Link #2798
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:

Quote:
Continued from above:

I love you(r summaries/synopsis) :P

Seriously, on series that I love, I really just can't help but revel in spoilers and look for as much info about it as possible LOL.

So much world building. Everything makes more sense now. Hell it even ties back all the way to SAO and ALO. Sending shivers down my spine.

TBH, I just really don't see why SAO gets so much hate when it gets pretty deep like this.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 15:29   Link #2799
tomtkp

The Chinese translators had already finished Part 3 of Chapter 7 yesterday. It's not a long story though.

Spoiler for Alicization Chapter 7 Part 3:

Last edited by tomtkp; 2012-11-11 at 15:41.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 20:47   Link #2800
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
There might be massive changes, but there might also not be any - for example there's no major changes in Progressive Vol1 plot compared to WEB version. Besides, after reading some of what happened I'd like to know what happened next, especially when there's already one version out there. If nothing else it'll be interesting to see what's different between LN version and WEB version - my summaries of WEB vol2 earlier showed SAO could have feasibly been adapted into a eroge on par or better than Fate/Stay Night with a few tweaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I love you(r summaries/synopsis) :P
Thanks
Quote:
Seriously, on series that I love, I really just can't help but revel in spoilers and look for as much info about it as possible LOL.
For some series I'd prefer to avoid spoilers, but SAO is one of the ones that I'd prefer to dig for info and see what happened next like this, yeah.
Quote:
TBH, I just really don't see why SAO gets so much hate when it gets pretty deep like this.
SAO is good, but it isn't without its flaws and/or some people prefer different kinds of plot/character. Time-skips are liberally used, some people don't like a hyper-competent protagonist that doesn't seem to be able to fail when the chips are down (as opposed to a protagonist that develops from 'level 1', so to speak), and disregarding whether the use of NTR is effective story-telling or not some people don't like reading about it at all in a story. It's understandable there'll be people out there that don't like SAO, even taking into account the usual 'Haters gonna Hate' crowd that shows up in every fanbase regardless of the series.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality