AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-17, 23:04   Link #321
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Looking at it now, it seems like Little Busters is back on the right track again after the detour into Komari's route. Nothing against Komari's route itself, I enjoyed it, but for anime viewers it was way too soon. They didn't have time to develop Komari's relationship with the crew at all and build up that sense of fun before the drama. That and the Little Busters team hadn't even been formed yet.

But yeah, the story is back on the common route rails now, for the time being. It really feels like they stuck Komari's route in there early to get people a taste of the drama to come, otherwise you'd be waiting 10+ episodes for the common route to finish before getting any drama. I wouldn't mind that, but I understand from an anime perspective why they chose not to.
Old 2012-11-21, 08:27   Link #322
novalysis

I've spoiled myself with the Kud Route ending, and now I really, really wonder how the heck they are supposed to do that route in the anime. And whether we would actually get three seasons of Little Busters, with Kud Wafter serving as the third, one cour season.
Old 2012-11-21, 09:00   Link #323
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I've spoiled myself with the Kud Route ending, and now I really, really wonder how the heck they are supposed to do that route in the anime. And whether we would actually get three seasons of Little Busters, with Kud Wafter serving as the third, one cour season.
I doubt they will delve into Kud Wafter...between LB! and EX they have more than enough material for 3 seasons and even OVA to boot.
Old 2012-11-21, 09:15   Link #324
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Is this thread spoiler-free? I'm a bit disappointed that there seems to be little to no discussion amongst anime-only watchers in the General Thread, and I'm cautious to go in here because of the (for experienced Little Busters only) tag.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-11-21, 09:17   Link #325
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Is this thread spoiler-free? I'm a bit disappointed that there seems to be little to no discussion amongst anime-only watchers in the General Thread, and I'm cautious to go in here because of the (for experienced Little Busters only) tag.
Stay away bro, this thread is very spoiler heavy.
Old 2012-11-22, 12:20   Link #326
OPN

http://litbus-anime.com/story/index.html
Hooray for mio!
Old 2012-11-22, 12:43   Link #327
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
LOL. It looks like they're doing the "throw Rin up to her classroom" scene.
I hope they do that little joke that Kud is just like a dog.
Old 2012-11-22, 20:49   Link #328
matrixhazard

What's the episode title spelled out? Is it "Let's looking for roommate"?

Engrish is so strong in this episode.
Old 2012-11-22, 20:53   Link #329
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
What's the episode title spelled out? Is it "Let's looking for roommate"?

Engrish is so strong in this episode.
Probably intentional since that episode is going to be kud focused.
Old 2012-11-22, 21:26   Link #330
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Probably intentional since that episode is going to be kud focused.
Yea, everything Kud related automatically leads to bad english...
Old 2012-11-24, 06:36   Link #331
novalysis

I wonder why Little Busters didn't decide to adapt an Amagani SS approach. I personally think that it might have been a better way of adapting each route, by treating them as parallel universes, and then, towards the end, show how they are all in reality part of the same World.
Old 2012-11-24, 12:11   Link #332
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
I wonder why Little Busters didn't decide to adapt an Amagani SS approach. I personally think that it might have been a better way of adapting each route, by treating them as parallel universes, and then, towards the end, show how they are all in reality part of the same World.
Who knows? Perhaps they want to finish the most normal routes first (Komari and Haruchin) before using the Amagami SS format.

With Mio, Kurugaya, Kud and Rin 1 they can't do the normal common route like Clannad. With Rin2 that's completely impossible.
Old 2012-11-24, 15:33   Link #333
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
I've said the same thing before, but what I think they're going to do is go through all of the routes besides Rin in a single loop. There are ways to do that without the need for looping. Even up to Rin2 is possible without actual loops, but then Refrain needs to start from a failed loop unless the loop mechanic is going to be completely discarded for an alternate way of telling the story.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:56   Link #334
matrixhazard

I never watched Amagami but looking at the pattern in each episode I think it is somewhat different from LB. Amagami have each arc separately while LB might do so, each arc is canonical so it needs something in common when they're going to separate the route. Furthermore, I'm still observing when they finish other arc, that girl will disappear just like in the game or not.

Rather than Amagami, I think pattern in Yosuga no Sora should be more appropriate. Having one episode serving as intersection for other route. When anime finish one route, come back to that episode and then start another route. I believe this might be more clever to hide "secret of this world" thing from an inexperienced VN reader.

However, episode 2 showed us that Riki may already experience all of possibility from each route (surprisingly for me that it even includes some scenes in Rin2 (Kengo fight Kyousuke with baseball) & Refrain (Masato got beat up by Riki&Rin after he has gone berserk) which should not be happen until the final loop?) . So in the anime it might be that it will run straightly for the rest of other girls to Rin.

Just only my guessing, I still hope that they can find the way to separate other girls' route and then go to Rin route. So it can preserve how the game used to function, connect and manage the secret.
Old 2012-11-24, 22:06   Link #335
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The anime indicates clearly they will go through a single loop, which is silly, because it would really make people think Kyousuke is a hell of a slave driver, throwing EVERY damn issues at Riki and Rin in a row.

I seriously hope they aren't planning that, but the many references to Refrain aren't reassuring by a long shot.
Old 2012-11-24, 23:10   Link #336
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Hey guys, just throwing this out there. It's never proven that the story of episode 7 and onwards is actually continuuing on from Komari's arc. It could be another loop entirely, I think it's been left intentionally ambiguous.
There's a hint though. The very first scene of episode 7 begins with Riki snapping his eyes awake, just like he did at the very first episode. Am I looking into it too much, or is this a big clue?
Old 2012-11-24, 23:46   Link #337
Red_Zeal_Knight

well hoping they do a good job to kud and kurugaya routes because do not like how they do komari
But like kud this episode ssooo cute
Old 2012-11-24, 23:48   Link #338
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
It could be another loop entirely, I think it's been left intentionally ambiguous.
There's a hint though. The very first scene of episode 7 begins with Riki snapping his eyes awake, just like he did at the very first episode.
I already thought they could be looping ambiguously, I just wasn't aware that the "snapping his eyes open" was the actual clue. I was wondering when I watched episode seven 3+ times on why that 2-3 secs at the beginning was shown... I forgot he did the same thing in the first episode, thinking of it that way could be a big clue that they really are looping. It would also explain as to why Komari is oh so fine and dandy as if nothing happened.
Old 2012-11-25, 01:50   Link #339
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I already thought they could be looping ambiguously, I just wasn't aware that the "snapping his eyes open" was the actual clue. I was wondering when I watched episode seven 3+ times on why that 2-3 secs at the beginning was shown... I forgot he did the same thing in the first episode, thinking of it that way could be a big clue that they really are looping. It would also explain as to why Komari is oh so fine and dandy as if nothing happened.
Yeah the last episode started with Riki snapping his eyes open, so a reset definitely happened.

Which is okay, as long as they give subtle clues so that the anime viewers don't think "deus ex machina" when Refrain happens.
Old 2012-11-25, 22:01   Link #340
novalysis

It's occured to me that technically, it's the routes that have the most romantic content within it, and that can't be tempered down greatly as Platonic Friendship (Kud, Haruka and possibly Kurugaya) that either need to be heavily rewritten, or more likely reset. I also suspect they will be the last to be animated of all. Which means that Kud and Kurugaya are going to be late season routes.

In the Komari Route, it seems to me that it is possible to merge the Komari Route into the Common Route. But how many routes can be plausibly interpreted in a " platonic friendship" manner, in the same manner as the Komari Route, without destroying the essence of the route?

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-11-25 at 23:20.
Closed Thread