AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 11:52   Link #4861
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I thought GE was pretty good till chapter 40 or somewhere around. Still uf it was so popular it would have better sales than those. More like KNIM.

I think it would be easier to find more poeple not liking it and hating considering the general pool of manga readers. GE's sales werent high.

Nisekoi managed doing it much better. Its not like GE did not try doing comedy and the fanservce specially on covers of some chapter but GE failed to deliver and Nisekoi didnt.

Romance in Nisekoi is pretty heavy too since Chitoge realizes her feelings. It however is doing in light way. Something that GE desperately lacked and this was one of its main faults as all the humor felt terrible and was drawned out in the shit waves of drama. Which is what made GE as unrealistic as all those other romance manga's without being able to show same level of Popularity as KNIM, Ichigo or Nisekoi currently.
Why are you trying to compare and shove another series that isn't even the same genre in peoples' faces? shorom /= romcom/harem ... one bases its plot on drama situations, the other mostly on comedy. Why do people keep trying to sell me oranges for apples?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 11:56   Link #4862
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

This manga sure had much potential so I am agreeing that there was much let down. Utsumi was frustrating for me to read. I think the author was going for a passive nice guy protagonist to survive adversity without resorting to violence. Sort of a fantasy guy that girls sometimes think of. Really didn't like it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 16:44   Link #4863
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
not the greatest ending but i guess it's a good ending? It didn't end as abrupt as i remember Suzuka ending, so that's a relief for me. Although i feel there could have been like 1-2 wrap up chapters, but all in all i really liked the story at the start and i'm glad it didn't get prolonged to unspeakable lengths and bullshit like knimshit.
All in all i think back positively on reading this.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 17:05   Link #4864
Xaturas

Ok found the chapter online. Wanted to give it a chance. Read about 30-40% of text total (skipped most of the stupid parts), was happy when the tedious chore that reading this chapter was, was over.
God beginning, bad series, bad ending, or should I say retarded ending.
But oh well whatever a woman has to eat, so she will spew her drama out.
I just hope she will go to cellphone novels or something, so that other mangakas will get a chance.
Old 2013-01-05, 17:43   Link #4865
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Oh dear Buddha ... what have I read !!!!
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 18:15   Link #4866
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Unlike the opinion of some forum nerds, there exist the fact that despite the hating and conplaining of them, the mangas or video games were selling so god that it was possible to continue with making them.
So because we don't like a manga (too cliché, bad writing) we're nerd ? Do you even know what the word mean ?

About the chapter 156 : What can I say : I'm glad it has ended...
Old 2013-01-05, 18:31   Link #4867
Arkard

So... the reason Seiji and Yuki broke up in the first place was glossed over completely with the magical appearance of their kid... ugh.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 19:05   Link #4868
Xion Valkyrie

Wow, 10 years pass and the characters look identical except for some hairstyle differences. I think the author needs to work on face diversity. It doesn't help that her 'pretty' guys have the same face as the girls too.

I think the biggest problem with this manga is that it dealt with some really heavy issues, but the author didn't address them in a mature and realistic manor, instead opting for forced drama and convenient plot twists. It should have stayed a bit more light hearted like the earlier chapters without delving into such dark territory.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 19:14   Link #4869
cero_86

I just can't help but rage seeing Shou pregnant, is she a housewife? did she go to college? what did she do with her life? we get nothing but a lame joke, author completely destroyed her character.
cero_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 19:41   Link #4870
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

^ I recall she wanted to be a teacher of some type after college. Kind of sad, we only get to see Yuki become a doctor. ROFL so expected of her type of character.
Old 2013-01-05, 21:06   Link #4871
Isekaijin

Finally it ended. Not really happy about the ending though.

Personally I think both committing a double suicide would have been a more fitting ending. Alas I'm glad the rage train stopped-
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 22:48   Link #4872
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Why are you trying to compare and shove another series that isn't even the same genre in peoples' faces? shorom /= romcom/harem ... one bases its plot on drama situations, the other mostly on comedy. Why do people keep trying to sell me oranges for apples?
Because it shows that you can do much better if you put some light in it?

Ok, lets say Nisekoi is a bad example cause the humor takes big part of it but KNIM is a better example of drama but still able to give some light inbetween. Granted its not the best series around but its still doing quite well.

GE just killed itself and its own potential with that shitload of drama without any lighter, funnier break periods. At first it was fun, then it became boring and eventually changed to stupidity.

GE is an example how you should not write a romance manga manga. It survived pretty long but within a very forgiving magazine and a pretty good art. Give such art to an actually good story and you would get much much better sales result.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 06:28   Link #4873
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Because it shows that you can do much better if you put some light in it?

Ok, lets say Nisekoi is a bad example cause the humor takes big part of it but KNIM is a better example of drama but still able to give some light inbetween. Granted its not the best series around but its still doing quite well.

GE just killed itself and its own potential with that shitload of drama without any lighter, funnier break periods. At first it was fun, then it became boring and eventually changed to stupidity.

GE is an example how you should not write a romance manga manga. It survived pretty long but within a very forgiving magazine and a pretty good art. Give such art to an actually good story and you would get much much better sales result.
Ok, I generally agree with that. The nonstop drama was GE's biggest ailment and I was also among the people who complained about it in the early stages. I just figured people would get used to it if they stuck to it long enough because that's what happened to me - I was just content with the drama not being seinen-dark, the quantity didn't matter that much to me at some point.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 07:53   Link #4874
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
So because we don't like a manga (too cliché, bad writing) we're nerd ?
Dude, I never said that.
Quote:
Do you even know what the word mean ?
Yup, I know the meaning.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 13:42   Link #4875
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

What kinda stalker are you to be apologizing and talking about a relationship with your ex ten years later when said ex-'s husband is standing right there? And then proceed to apologize to the husband? Ten years for a time skip was a bad idea. Technically, thanks to this time skip ending, Yuki and Utsumi didn't do a damn thing. At all.

This series started out well. Utsumi stuck to his guns, things were paced well, characters were developing nicely. Then it just hit a wall and just kept driving up that damn wall.

Fuck.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2013-01-07 at 17:46.
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 14:14   Link #4876
Zetsubo
著述遮断

That whole breakup was unnecessary for the story.

That whole being together with Shou and meeting her family was unnecessary.

That whole having sex to lick each others wounds (while realistic) ... was unnecessary.

They could have made Yuki and Utsumi work together on their relationship and have the drama of a final match as the tennis club... have her strive to over come her fear of sex... have him strive to become a journalist or photographer...

Have them work to something and fight to maintain their relationship and ambitions in a fast paced world.

Even Eri and the baseball had something more sensible.

The tennis club rookies antics were unnecessary

Introducing character connections... late in the game... (Toruh's sister for crying out loud !)

Unnecessary

That whole "daddy takes her back bit..."

Unnecessary

Frankly the story was fine when it just started but I think the author or editors got confused in the middle and started flailing about.

Why did you bring back shou... and at the same time why did you introduce us to the cat girl (that looks similar to shou ?)

Arggh
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 13:38   Link #4877
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Wow, can't believe it really ended. It's always kind of hard to believe that a manga you've been following for 4 years has actually ended but so it has. It's for the best, it was really beginning to look long in the tooth ever since Tooru showed up truth be told. I'm going to miss it, having read it weekly for the past couple years but I'm glad that Sasuga can move onto something fresh now. Anyone heard what her next work might be?
Old 2013-01-10, 15:39   Link #4878
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Anyone heard what her next work might be?
Hopefully it will be something already written by another author.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 15:45   Link #4879
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Why? I'd rather see her take another crack at her own original rom drama with what she learned from her time doing GE.
Old 2013-01-10, 16:14   Link #4880
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Ooh, I remember reading this manga like...ages ago when it started out. Thought it was okay, didn't follow up.

"Catched up" by skipping right to the end and didn't think I missed much. Timeskip, the main girl wins, good end, anything else?

The drama and hurt in this thread is why I am not a fan of shounen romance (as opposed to romantic comedy, i.e. something like Nisekoi, or shoujo romance). You poor, poor people.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi