AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-01-24, 18:21   Link #1
Laiin
SAO addict :)

[SPOILER ALERT] Suggestions based on what I've seen :)

Hey guys,

Been idle from the forum lately because of all the suggestions I got from you all, really appreciated!

I'm looking for some news ones now, and was wandering if you could suggest some based on what I have seen.

Legend:
Green - What I really liked about the serie
Orange - It was okay...
Red - Disliked

The below list is my top 4:

1. Sword Art Online:
The way Kirito fights to rescue AND protect Asuna is just awesome. I have never gotten such a heartwarming feeling from anime.
The VMMORPG part.
-

2. Highschool of the Dead:
How Takashi knows exactly what to do in "almost" all situations and how the girls end up looking up to him. And of course the zombie killing action!
-
Too less actual romance, I expected that Takashi would end up with Rei somewhere mid-series, but he ends-up with no one... (not really atleast, disregard that 1 night with Saeko)

3. Highschool DxD:
The ecchi parts and the fact that Issei never gives up when it comes down to fighting for Rias. I also find the fact that he actually ends up with Rias awesome.
-
I really did like the fact that he ends up with Rias, but hate that it's in the last episode... Wanted to see more of their relationship, (as I do in any anime).

4. Clannad (+ After Story):
The way that the episode where Nagisa dies giving birth to Ushio has hit me is unbelievable... I actually couldn't bring myself to watch another episode until about 2 hours later... I was so moved and actually felt Tomoya's pain, but I think it's incredible for an Anime serie to be able to do that.
The OVA's with the different endings (i.e. Kyou-Story). Because Nagisa was not really my favorite match for Tomoya (until she died, that really changed my mind!).
Actually the first 20 episodes of Clannad xD (except for 1 or 2 mid-series). This may sound really strange, I know, but I really didn't like Clannad at first. I just kept watching because I had already started it...

Other series I have seen, but are not worth explaining or for some other reasons (does not necessarily mean I didn't like 'em):

Naruto (+Shippuden)
Shakugan no Shana
Kaze no Stigma
Fate/Stay Night
Suki-tte Ii Na Yo
Rosario + Vampire
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
School Days (<-- This one really disappointed me, it was nice until the last Episode, I don't like those endings..)
Kanokon
Kiss x Sis OVA (<-- Watching this one at the moment, dunno why, but somehow I wanted to watch this genre at the moment :P)

Favorite Genre's:

Primary: Romance / Ecchi / Action
Secondary: Anything that works well with the above :P

All suggestions are welcome! But please explain why you are suggesting it.
Also, sorry for the colours, it may be an eye-sore.. My sincere apologies!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

- Laiin

Last edited by Laiin; 2013-01-24 at 18:45.
Laiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:49   Link #2
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Based on why you like Sword Art Online, I'd suggest:

Familiar of Zero
Full Metal Panic
A Certain Magical Index
Inuyasha
Crest of the Stars (and sequel Banner of the Stars)
Tiger & Bunny

Based on why you like Highschool of the Dead, I'd suggest:

Familiar of Zero
Full Metal Panic
Katanagatari
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Mirai Nikki
Read Or Die (OVA)
Chrome Shelled Regios
Soul Eater

Based on why you like Highschool DxD:

Familiar of Zero
Mirai Nikki

Based on why you like Clannad After Story:

Honey and Clover
Cross Game
Touch
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Chrono Crusade

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 22:08   Link #3
kitten320

Hello there! Let's see if I have anything for you this time^^

1. Very protective characters:
Bleach - not the best series ever but Ichigo ended up saving two girls, though 1st arc was better. He is very determined and would do anything to help and save her especially since the girl ii the one who has changed his life.
Not romance orientated though.

Not entirely sure but how about Mai HiME... in this series girls do all the fighting though. In second half it all is about protecting the one they care about the most be it a lover/friend/family.

Mirai Nikki - well... there is no one more protective than Yuno! Same as above, girl protects the guy though this series can be a bit disturbing.

Steins;Gate - this could actually be a good choice since second half of the series is all about him trying to protect and save his close friend who is a girl. His love interest will be someone else though. MC is pretty smart too when he tries.

If you don't mind friendship with female cast then there is also Madoka Magica where one of the charas will do anything to save her friend. It gets more explored later. I found the action admirable and in a sense this and Steins;Gate are a bit similar.

2. Smart charas with all the solutions:
From ongoing series Psycho-Pass fits great since Kougami has excellent deduction skills and main heroine looks up to him. Though just like HOTD it is dark with lots of killing. Duno how it will end though.

Code Geass - this time you'll have more of an anti MC who will find a solution to almost any kind of problem. A bit of romance here and there too.

Death Note - pretty much same thing as CG but different setting.

Since you watched F/SN, Fate/Zero is the logical thing to do now. Beside Emiya Kiritsugu is a genius, cruel but genius. for most part you should know how series will end since you watched F/SN but doesn't mean that it is boring. Like many others I liked F/Z better. However, it lacks in romance department in comparison to F/SN.

Ghost Hunt - main hero is very smart and has solution for almost everything. Romance department it does lack though.
But otherwise I love this series^^

Great Teacher Onizuka - now this guys has solution for everything and his solutions will surprise most of the times since Onizuka does not follow standard logic. romance wise it is not strong, just few things here and there. But great comedy!

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - smart cool guy that can do everything and will main heroine any time. Romance!

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai - this could work for you. MC is very smart and finds solution for every problem and it is romance. Though a bit of a harem. Great comedy!

Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles - main hero is a smart war strategist. Romance develops towards the end.

4. Drama
Air - now this series hit me really hard! Felt really sorry at the end. Done bu same creator as Clannad.

actually you can pretty much check every Key work since all of them are about drama though Clannad is more romance orientated: Angel Beats, Kanon 2006 and maybe Little Busters.

Ga-Rei Zero - another series that hit me hard. It has romance but it more focuses on friendship between 2 heroines.

Hope you'll find something to your satisfaction.

P.S. Did you finish R + J?
Also when it comes to Rosario + Vampire, I strongly recommend to check manga.
Old 2013-01-25, 12:30   Link #4
Laiin
SAO addict :)

Still need to start with R+J :S but will watch it for sure!

Thanks for all the recommendations so far Sackett & Kitten, although I'm looking more for a love story than for a "best-friends" story.. And as stated in my previous threads, I wanna see as much of the relationship as possible with the least amount "shyness".. I have seen enough anime's where they are in love but atleast 1 of them couldn't express it...
Old 2013-01-25, 18:14   Link #5
kaitanuva

Try Lovely Complex if you want an in-your-face love story.
kaitanuva is offline   Reply With Quote