AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-22, 09:06   Link #40521
demino_hellsin
That one guy

now this makes me wonder if such a statement would shut up the girls in ISA when they laugh about women winning a war against men in 3 days =))
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 09:12   Link #40522
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And a big takethat against "Gender war" fic...

Oh wait, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

*Brain bleach 110% solution*
Old 2013-02-22, 09:40   Link #40523
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ AIC question
it's a half-sphere projection roughly 1.5-2 meter radius, so it'll cover a lot of area in front of Schwarzer Regen and protect what's behind it nicely.

Fun fact: if AIC and PIC didn't cancel each other, then the enemy pilot caught in the field will simply die of heart attack

@ Age
Basically you have an unholy offspring of Joker and Gauron

Which as Stratospear claimed, need to be set on fire
Well.... he IS supposed to be hated....

Though I admit, I think I go overboard a little.... so I will cut down on the evil part a little bit.

Instead, he is just a really selfish bastard. He is willing to sacrifice others for the sake of his own happiness/desire.

The intention was:
> (after merging MIna (druggie pilot) with Sharon (Doormat who just go along with whatever her friend does). To explain why Sharon was like that.
Old 2013-02-22, 09:54   Link #40524
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I wasn't saying you couldn't have that

Just make it so that the villain is appropriate with the tone of the fic
Old 2013-02-22, 10:09   Link #40525
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I might be set on fire for this, but you could also turn to Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 if you want some "How-to" for a villian.
Old 2013-02-22, 11:32   Link #40526
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
I wasn't saying you couldn't have that

Just make it so that the villain is appropriate with the tone of the fic
Kind of hard but I will try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I might be set on fire for this, but you could also turn to Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 if you want some "How-to" for a villian.
I will see what can I do.

=
I think I will also be changing the Plush toy design to something generic:

Quote:
teal green Teddy bear like body with legs that give off cutey sounds (much to my (A/N: Cyril's) annoyance). It arms resemble Cartoony Bird wings. To complete the plush toy, a cute teardrop head that has no mouth but has two white round eyes that appeared able to blink. To top it all off literally, it has a single long flat ribbon that end with a 2-pin plug flowing from the tip of its head.

Apparently the features make the plush toy look cute and non-threatening but I am not too sure about its "antenna" (that ribbon thing). It remind me of a certain bite chocolate though.
Hopefully the description is clear enough. (Tone of the story is still work in progress because I decide to scrap the first chapter and rewrite the whole thing over again)
Old 2013-02-23, 02:21   Link #40527
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What's scarier to have as an alter ego:

-Violent alter ego that lives for destruction.

-alter ego that views destruction as both the cause and effect. The cause of its birth as well as the result it is destined to bring about.

And by destruction I mean utter annihilation without allowing a living thing to exist after it has passed.

EDIT:

so basically it's either "Immoral Genocidal Maniac" or "Amoral Genocidal Force of Nature"

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-02-23 at 03:02.
Old 2013-02-23, 03:04   Link #40528
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The first one, since he/she can just walk around and just decide to explode something on a whim where as the second can be, in a way, predictable.

--------------------------------------------------------

Conversation between Tsurugi and Gerald in regards to Athena.

Spoiler for Talk:
Old 2013-02-23, 03:45   Link #40529
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol @gerard, such wisdom should be applied to everyone (or maybe he's the only one strong enough to break free)

This made me think: Modern I.S. seems to be mostly groundbound and virtually trapped within earth sphere, not that they AREN'T capable of fighting in space, they're just not optimized for that. Starting with combustion-type engine for example, I.S. should be capable of using more esoteric propulsion, it's just happen that combustion engine are more efficient.

As such, some of my fanon machine use 'stuff' that are plain inefficient and/or risky because they're optimized for space operation (one of which are capable of using freaking bussard ramjet, operated in atmosphere by ionizing the air in the front with laser.)

---------------------

Techwank aside, has anyone in this thread ever write an one-off romance, as in, very casual dating that break up with fairly good notice? I plan to add this as well. Fun stuff when everyone else (in story) think high school romance is serious matter of life and death
Old 2013-02-23, 03:50   Link #40530
demino_hellsin
That one guy

not my field of expertise unfortunately. maybe the old masters have? try and track them down
Old 2013-02-23, 04:14   Link #40531
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Although, they reform once again post character development, because doki-doki just not worth the hurdle of chasing someone who's completely oblivious or uninterested.

That at least took out one or two girls in the harem of five and six respectively.
Old 2013-02-23, 04:22   Link #40532
demino_hellsin
That one guy

as much as I love to apply logic to romance, I think the tension is lost. Maybe people with experience can relate or those who aren't romantics at heart. I personally prefer a sort of emotional attachment, despite how asinine it seems, because that causes conflict in romance.
Old 2013-02-23, 04:36   Link #40533
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's exactly the point, questions and contemplation is thrown here and there "Did I like him/her?" "What exactly missing from this?" "What are you going to do next?" etc etc. Ultimately, love and personal attachment is essential, but sometimes, it didn't really came on a whim, it's something you gained as the the time pass.

Manic pixie dream girl vs down to earth girl next door anyone?
Old 2013-02-23, 04:42   Link #40534
demino_hellsin
That one guy

As someone who has never dated, never truly fallen in love, and maybe had a somewhat crush. I think the basis of it all is wanting to see that person again
Old 2013-02-23, 05:21   Link #40535
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
As such, some of my fanon machine use 'stuff' that are plain inefficient and/or risky because they're optimized for space operation (one of which are capable of using freaking bussard ramjet, operated in atmosphere by ionizing the air in the front with laser.)
Heck, that's one of the units in Athena pulls off atmospheric exit. Though it's not exactly a laser, just a positron barrier that disintegrates all forms of air resistance as the unit flies up.

Anyways, I'll be suprised if no one catches a jab from one of the sentences. While it is plot-related, this one part could be taken in other ways depending on the readers if they happen to be authors of fics that involve machines to match the IS:

Quote:
When humanity begins to develop new combat machines superior to the IS, and they will, our annihilation is all but certain.
Old 2013-02-23, 05:28   Link #40536
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Possible 'spare' combination thereof
Ichika's circle
Dan/Lingyin
Dan/Yui
Charles/Lun
Charles/Lingyin

Reed's circle
Len/Cecilia
Len/Riko

@ Stratos
Remember when I said that Rain's version of generation 6 I.S. is impending apocalypse?

Exactly. I.S. evolve way too fast, and it's human that bind them down. Automated I.S. that can evolve just asking for trouble. And any machine that surpass I.S. is indeed crazy.

----------------------------------

That said, the laser is NOT used to clear the air, it's used to blast the air so magnetic scoop can be used to capture the ionized air, and the turbine supercompress it into fusion blast. Though later, the laser is replaced by energy-intensive but much more efficient ionizing field barrier.

(and yes, it's a huge net loss of energy)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-02-23 at 05:49.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 06:15   Link #40537
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

bad fic bunny appeared in my head. All IS vs Segata Sanshirou ...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 06:33   Link #40538
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can anyone imagine being on the receiving end of the "I want to ask you of a favor or you die" stare of a fanclub of a girl you know. Not really all that well to even call acquaintance with confidence but just know.
Old 2013-02-23, 06:55   Link #40539
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

?

I dunno, first of all probably "What the hell" reaction is what I give
Old 2013-02-23, 18:05   Link #40540
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Can anyone imagine being on the receiving end of the "I want to ask you of a favor or you die" stare of a fanclub of a girl you know. Not really all that well to even call acquaintance with confidence but just know.
- Yes. Actually happened. Said girl was my cousin. Awkwardness ensued when those guys realized this.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest