AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 20:32   Link #441
MasterVampire

If Kotoura meets her mother again she should just tell her to FUCK OFF and goto hell.

And the grandpar he should cut the mother out of her inheritance dont you think?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 09:54   Link #442
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

I think the priest made the mistake of bringing Kotoura's mother. Things will get a lot messier.

Please the BDs show the uncensored imagination of Moritani. She really became the butt of the jokes.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:36   Link #443
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
If Kotoura meets her mother again she should just tell her to FUCK OFF and goto hell.
I would probably do something like that if I were in Kotoura's position, since I'm not someone who is very quick to forgive. But I highly doubt Kotoura is that type of person, and it's (at least partially) her ESP that has shaped her personality into what it is now. I hope you've read Dawnstorm's latest post in this thread, because I found it really insightful.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 21:41   Link #444
FateAnomaly

No doubt kotoura's mother still blames kotoura for problems but why would she make the trip to see her if she still hates kotoura that much.

Maybe deep down she knows the truth but just cannot admit it.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 22:06   Link #445
SQA

I think the bit that could really make the series is when Manabe interacts with Kotoura's mother. I'm really curious how he would lay into her, after she makes a very snide remark about him or Kotoura. It'll definitely be interesting to see.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:23   Link #446
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
No doubt kotoura's mother still blames kotoura for problems but why would she make the trip to see her if she still hates kotoura that much.

Maybe deep down she knows the truth but just cannot admit it.
I think that's the case here. She may act cold and hostile towards Haruka, but I think that, when she saw how much fun she had, she secretly wished she was there with her. However, I don't think she'll just walk up and hug her daughter out of the blue. If she turns around, it'll probably take some strong words from Manabe (and maybe Haruka), something that will show her how wrong she's been to treat Haruka like some sort of parasite.

Anyway, Gramps and Manabe make a good comedy duo. Distraught over the mixed baths being closed? Just dig a new one (and get free oil to boot). Funny how their minds are exactly alike, much to Haruka's dismay.

Best part was Manabe forcing Moritani to eat her own lethal cooking. Where most guys would suck it up, wolf it down and half-choke on it, while saying it's good, so that he doesn't hurt her feelings, he literally gives her a taste of her own medicine.

Also, Moritani's goons are college graduates. For some reason, I found that very amusing.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:14   Link #447
sikvod00

For me, Kotoura is the one of the more unrealistic characters in this show, and I don't mean that in a bad way. What I mean to say is that Kotoura is too good of a person. Despite all the terrible experiences in her life brought on by others, she would accept and befriend those same people in a heatbeat. Few people can relate to that, as evidenced by the reaction to her extremely forgiving nature and how she constantly worries about others. Characters like Manabe are definitely more relatable to the audience in that sense, and so if we want to see people like the Mom get a well-deserved tongue-lashing, it's most likely going to be from him.

Now what makes Manabe less realistic (the same goes for the other club members) is his ability to "deal" with Kotoura's ability just because his thoughts exactly match up to what he says and does: 1) they are perverted thoughts 2) they are thoughts of concern for Kotoura 3) they are perverted thoughts about Koutoura. Most people's minds aren't that black-and-white and don't match with what we say and do, for a variety of reasons. There is no feasible way to have a stable relationship with someone possessing mind-reading abilities like Kotoura. We all want and need our personal thoughts to be kept private and having someone always know what we are thinking and feeling is too unbearable, even if the person is an angel like Kotoura.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 13:57   Link #448
Midonin
Last Engage

The Secret of Haruka Kotoura 08 - Something There That Was There Before

Almost made it to the finish line. I was expecting to come out of this week with the show's feel-good atmosphere keeping up, and for the most part, it did. Haruka gets a cold, goes on a date, and the usual heartwarming and friendship things that would happen in a show like this follow. She didn't even react that badly to the loss of her powers. They made her who she was, but that kindness seems to be innate, even if she can't read someone's mind. Then that post-credits stinger hit, and oh dear not this again. I don't think it's going to turn into Medaka Box like the preview speculated, but I still believe that the whole friendship and forgiveness thing will continue. The show's never wavered on that.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 14:05   Link #449
Haiprbim
Banned

Darn, I'll be able to watch the new episode in 2 weeks from now due to a bad grade. *cries*
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 14:35   Link #450
ookamigirl

Kotoura down with a cold..
Manabe's perverted thoughts were LOL
Her mind reading ability was off and he totally used it.
No matter how much of a perv, he's still a great friend.
Kotoura & Manabe date was pretty awkward, but sweet.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 17:23   Link #451
HandofFate

Kotoura with a fever was pretty funny. Even close to letting Manabe scrub her back.
Didn't expect the loss of powers to continue after she recovered.

Since she loses her powers when she's sick, wonder if it applys when she's on her period as well.

After living all her life being able to read people's minds, she sure got used to it fast.

Wow @ the after credits scene dropping a bomb on the whole happy episode
Old 2013-02-28, 17:37   Link #452
Solafighter
Hige

Just wanted to post "What a cute episode" but the scene after the credits blew everything up. That's some real shock for our little Kotoura.

Well, it was about time to have some drama back in the series. Here, we have it. The question, if/when her ability returns, is answered.
Old 2013-02-28, 18:52   Link #453
Dark Wing

It was a great light hearted episode for a little while until Kotoura's powers came back in full force.

I don't know whose mind she read but whoever it was must be so unspeakable dark and violent inside to have made Kotoura faint like that.

Also am I the only one who thinks Mifune sent the two of them out to that specific place knowing that Kotoura would pick up on the location of a dangerous mind?

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2013-02-28 at 19:43.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 19:52   Link #454
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I don't think it's going to turn into Medaka Box like the preview speculated
Mybe it will turn into Koutora' bizarre adventure as she fight a character as evil as koutora is good. Wryyyyy.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 21:10   Link #455
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.8

kotoura open manabe's gift to be a locket pendant & with pic manabe yea pic got splat yet keep the locket pendant.

next day kotoura got fever saying funny stuff while manabe keep watch notice that kotoura can't read mind due to fever yea fantasy mind thinking free time yet still keep care on kotoura.

during with quick flashback on good time with kotoura & that "mom" before all went to shipwreck & that manabe give food to kotoura & to watch night with her.

& oh manabe been MORI cause everyone knew manabe is manabe due to kotoura got fever yet can't read mind so pres have kotoura & manabe on date?

date well give sorta fine sure fish snacks, kotoura got buried by birds, clothers, & pic taking all good til kotoura's mind read is back but got her white shocked?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 22:14   Link #456
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Perfect time for Manabe to have fantasies. So i guess it's just a matter of time for her to regain her power after she's sick. Just when the date was going going well she got her power back at the worst time.
Old 2013-02-28, 22:57   Link #457
whitecloud

the episode is nice....but in the end wre back into the drama...minority report kotoura? or great detective kotoura
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 22:59   Link #458
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Manabe with a great gift but a funny pervy pic
Old 2013-02-28, 23:44   Link #459
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-01, 00:17   Link #460
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
the episode is nice....but in the end wre back into the drama...minority report kotoura? or great detective kotoura
Technically, I think "Unbreakable" is a direct reference here. This scene actually did happen in that movie. Though Bruce Willis is a little more hardy.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy