AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-27, 04:40   Link #26721
Ridwan

You guys are still taking it with 1% of seriousness.
Old 2013-02-27, 05:14   Link #26722
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I'm hesitant to post this as the news isn't older than a couple hours, and hasn't really seen light beyond a South Korean website, but this appears to be catching a bit of speed.

North Korean propaganda claims they can wipe the U.S. off the face of the Earth.
In the next leaflet drop, I suggest that they fill it with yaoi doujins and sink it deep into Pyongyang.

Fight disease with disease.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-27, 05:54   Link #26723
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I'm hesitant to post this as the news isn't older than a couple hours, and hasn't really seen light beyond a South Korean website, but this appears to be catching a bit of speed.

North Korean propaganda claims they can wipe the U.S. off the face of the Earth.
I just love watching North Korean news anchors. They are magnificent in a 1984ish way.
Old 2013-02-27, 06:01   Link #26724
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I just love watching North Korean news anchors. They are magnificent in a 1984ish way.
I thought it's downright Oceania already ?
Old 2013-02-27, 06:06   Link #26725
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
In the next leaflet drop, I suggest that they fill it with yaoi doujins and sink it deep into Pyongyang.
And with some hardcore+uncensored yaoi doujins on top of that. That should scar a few pairs of very sensitive eyes.
Old 2013-02-27, 06:24   Link #26726
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
This article made me laugh, a lot.

I don't think any one country actually has the ability to complete wipe the U.S. off the face of the Earth in any form.

edit: From a more scientific standpoint. As in, I highly doubt that the combined blasts of any one arsenal would be able to wipe out every population center even beyond countermeasures.
I believe the USSR's arsenal could...not sure about Russia's since they started switching to Bulava and RS-24 with much smaller payload than their R-36 missiles
Old 2013-02-27, 06:55   Link #26727
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I believe the USSR's arsenal could...not sure about Russia's since they started switching to Bulava and RS-24 with much smaller payload than their R-36 missiles
Why bother with missiles?

All you have to do is to keep counterfeiting USD and flood the world market, then poof! US explodes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-27, 07:55   Link #26728
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

North Korea blames U.S. for tension on peninsula
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91Q0HX20130227
Is that their way to dodge responsibility, to act like a 5 year old child ?
Old 2013-02-27, 08:00   Link #26729
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Well, to be fair, it's the US that has the Nukes...

NK may see it as an injustice that the US can wave it's Nukes at them, and they, a sovereign state, can't be allowed to have their own.

Such is the unfairness of global politics.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:30   Link #26730
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Well, to be fair, it's the US that has the Nukes...

NK may see it as an injustice that the US can wave it's Nukes at them, and they, a sovereign state, can't be allowed to have their own.

Such is the unfairness of global politics.
When was the last time the United States threatened nuclear attack on North Korea?

Really. I have a hard time taking North Korea seriously when it makes these kinda claims. Especially considering the United States has more or less been willing to make nice with every single one of our old cold war enemies except for Cuba. And DESPITE the nonsense the USA puts on Cuba, they're far more well adjusted and less rabble rousing than the North Koreans. If Cuba was a failed state like North Korea you could understand it (especially since it was similarly cut off from Russian aid at the end of the Cold War).

North Korea needs America to be their big enemy is because they're a fundamentally dysfunctional state. China got over the cold war. Vietnam got over the cold war. Cuba got over the cold war. All these countries got over the cold war without a collapse of their communist government. What's Korea's excuse?
Old 2013-02-27, 10:33   Link #26731
Sumeragi
Banned

It's called Juche. I don't mean the superficial meaning of "self-reliant", but the full ideology.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:51   Link #26732
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

More like a certain family refuses to give up their dictator powers they had for three generations.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:00   Link #26733
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
When was the last time the United States threatened nuclear attack on North Korea?
To be fair, they invaded Iraq, and included North Korea alongside Iraq in the "Axis of Evil". I would say this is an implicit threat to destroy the regime.

Is it surprising that the two remaining members of the "Axis", after the invasion of Iraq, have set about securing themselves by developing the ultimate weapon?

Note, I don't want it to seem that I sympathize with these guys, but this just the logical way for them to secure themselves against a foe that has openly talked of "regime change" in the past.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:10   Link #26734
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
North Korea: If they had just let us win!!! There would be no tension!

(except that there would because such a political state thrives on "outside enemies" to justify their shenanigans)
Old 2013-02-27, 13:18   Link #26735
Traece
:cool:

I apologize everyone. I mistakenly posted this in News Stories when I should have placed it in A Laugh A Day. My bad!

Also, I just noticed this is page 1337 and the kid in me went "yippee!"
Old 2013-02-27, 13:28   Link #26736
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Also, I just noticed this is page 1337 and the kid in me went "yippee!"
U R 411 n00bs.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:43   Link #26737
Sumeragi
Banned

Retiring Benedict to be called 'emeritus pope'

Quote:
The Vatican has answered some of the outstanding questions about Pope Benedict XVI's future once he's retired, saying he will be known as "emeritus pope," keep the title of "His Holiness," and continue to wear a white cassock.

Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi said Tuesday that Benedict himself made the decisions in consultation with others.

In the two weeks since Benedict's resignation announcement, Vatican officials had suggested he would likely resume wearing the traditional black garb of a cleric and would use the title "emeritus bishop of Rome" so as to not create confusion with the future pope.

Benedict's decision to call himself emeritus pope and to keep wearing white is sure to fan concern voiced privately by some cardinals about the awkward reality of having two popes, both living within the Vatican walls.

Adding to the concern is that Benedict's trusted secretary, Monsignor Georg Gaenswein, will be serving both pontiffs — living with Benedict at the monastery inside the Vatican and keeping his day job as prefect of the new pope's household.

Interesting, to say the least.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:58   Link #26738
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
North Korea: If they had just let us win!!! There would be no tension!

(except that there would because such a political state thrives on "outside enemies" to justify their shenanigans)
Pretty much. The more we ignore them, the more everyone simply averts their eyes every time the DPRK throws a hissy fit, the more unstable their own system will become.

They're just hastening the inevitable at this point. Seriously, was China the only country that actually learned from what happened when the Soviet Union fell?
Old 2013-02-27, 13:59   Link #26739
Sumeragi
Banned

People thinking DPRK will fall anytime soon do not know how the system works.
Old 2013-02-27, 14:06   Link #26740
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
People thinking DPRK will fall anytime soon do not know how the system works.
People said this about the Soviet Union, too, and look what happened to it.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international