AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 22:23   Link #2781
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Aaroniero Arurueri. It was so ridiculous I had to remember it.
haha, nice! ...and indeed ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
For all intents and purposes, this experiment should be a complete failure. But for whatever reason, Aizen clearly sees wonderful new possibilities arise the moment something goes wrong.
aizen must have seen a twinkle in isshin's eye when he first saw masaki

also, i totally agree that her being done in by that now-weakass grand fisher hollow makes no sense. there's more to her death (or non-death). i'm going to stick to my first hunch and say she'll turn out to be one of the top-tier shitritters
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:06   Link #2782
JustRob

So is there anyone else who finds it ridiculous how Masaki died?

I mean she was a damn Quincy and quite a badass one. How the hell did she get her ass killed by small fry like Grand Fisher?
Old 2013-04-03, 23:26   Link #2783
sayde

Kubo confirmed in an interview awhile back (soon before the start of this whole arc) that there's definitely a truth to reveal behind Masaki's death. So rest assured people, there's more to Masaki's demise than meets the eye. For her to die to fodder like grand fisher means Kubo's probably attempted to come up with a good reason for it. All we can do now is sit back and wait to hear his excuse.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:45   Link #2784
Alchemist007
*Author

Could it really be anything besides her being kidnapped or having left to 'protect' her family like Orihime did? I mean I guess it could've been a Sternritter assassin and Grand Fisher was made to be the scapegoat...but even then it's just a lame excuse to give Ichigo conviction to fight the Vandenreich harder. Her being alive under some extenuating circumstances would be something he could definitely fight to protect (since that's the sort of theme Bleach has come under). No doubt Aizen also has some role to play as well, and we know how much he likes his plans.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2013-04-03 at 23:55.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 00:28   Link #2785
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

for some strange reason, I want to watch the original Avatar again
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 00:58   Link #2786
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Remember ichigo blacked out when he went to go save the girl at the river, he wakes up only to find the corpse of his mum beside him, has anyone asked the question of "how long did he black out for?" anything could have happened in that time. ANYTHING.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 04:41   Link #2787
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
So is there anyone else who finds it ridiculous how Masaki died?

I mean she was a damn Quincy and quite a badass one. How the hell did she get her ass killed by small fry like Grand Fisher?
It was Aizen using the troll-Cloak.
Old 2013-04-04, 09:38   Link #2788
askara

^ looking at sign above , whitey have lost the left arm as well, coincidence? but really at this point Kubo can pull anything out of his ass so i will not be surprise.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 10:42   Link #2789
alarmadadna hadi

Perhaps at some point masaki did whatever it is that ishida did when he fought kurotsuchi and lost his powers, leaving her defenseless to hollows.
Old 2013-04-04, 12:28   Link #2790
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wow, Masaki was badass. I don't get why she was so sure the hollow would bite her instead of cutting her in half though.

The latest tankoubon release (vol 58).

That is a terrible translation... Based on the katakana reading it should be written as Yuuhabach...
Old 2013-04-04, 21:33   Link #2791
xky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wow, Masaki was badass. I don't get why she was so sure the hollow would bite her instead of cutting her in half though.

The latest tankoubon release (vol 58).

hey thanks for this one! weird translation though.
xky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 21:41   Link #2792
xky

And i'm kinda curious and excited on the Ishida Family's role once the flashbacks are through.
xky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 23:17   Link #2793
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

so basically the hollow bit masaki which will turn her into a quincy/vizard which would explain how ichigo gets it. Maybe ishida's family will freak out when she hollofies.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 01:30   Link #2794
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
He was hungry for some human :P. Still she should have a chuck of her bitten off. so how does she seem fine when they first met? or does this happen after they saw each other on that rainy night? What I would like to know is why didn't Aizen carry on the poject and who was the shinigami that he used.
It's not obvious, but there is blood on her shoulder when we see her run up to heal Isshin. My guess is she used blut defensively to keep White from ripping her shoulder off in the initial attack, and healed that injury down to irrelevancy before running to help Isshin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Looks like I was right about "White" being created from a shinigami. Question now is whose soul he/she was based on. Obviously I was wrong about my Kaien guess, but who else could it be hmmmm....
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
logically, it should be a notable and strong shinigami, but i dont think we have seen anyone who could fit that bill who isn't around anymore. the old 6th squad captain i assume retired into the central 46 chamber or just retired. so that doesn't really leave anyone aside from a new character. maybe one of the defeated kenpachis?
Logic would suggest it's just the soul of some nameless shinigami unlucky enough to have fallen victim to one of the various "shinigami traps" we know Aizen set up throughout the decades to aid in his experiments. Kaname stated this was the first one made using a shinigami soul, so why waste such a valuable, limited-quantity item as the soul of a high-level shinigami—much less a hougyoku-ed off piece of Aizen's own soul (Voldemort much?)—on what is likely to be an initial throwaway in a quest to perfect the process?

Of course, logic doesn't pay the bills at Casa de Kubo (or is it Kubohaus?), so it probably is a known character (although we probably shouldn't completely rule out Ichigo being an upjumped horcrux). That leaves us with a bit of a quandary, as—assuming this incident is pre-Kaien—most every character we know was active at this time is accounted for (if not active) now. The only character I can think of that we know is dead now is Papa Kuchiki (although the current whereabouts of Grandpappy Kuchiki are unknown). Heck, Ichigo is already a human, a shinigami, a hollow, a Visored, a Fullbringer, a Quincy, and a Shiba, he might as well be part Kuchiki as well.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-04-06 at 01:59.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 18:13   Link #2795
Soji

I get the feeling that the Shinigami that Aizen used to create this Hollow was Ichigo or better his past life.
I mean , I can see Kubo use this route.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 22:17   Link #2796
Hunter6VI6
AVC818

Talking Blood ties aren't the only way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
... Heck, Ichigo is already a human, a shinigami, a hollow, a Visored, a Fullbringer, a Quincy, and a Shiba, he might as well be part Kuchiki as well.
Well if he plays his cards right with Rukia, he could be.
Old 2013-04-07, 00:56   Link #2797
Langus
Optimus Prime

@quigonkenny - I see what you're sayin'. It just seems "White" has been shown to be pretty damn powerful which suggests he's gotta be based off more than a run of the mill nameless shinigami. Isn't there one Kenpachi still unaccounted for? It could also have been a VC or Captain from the Pendulum Arc that we haven't come across yet.

Not that I necessarily think the two are related, but it also hasn't been shown yet what exactly Aizen "stole" from Matsumoto in her pre-shinigami days. Could be important later. That is, if Kubo hasn't forgotten about it entirely...
Old 2013-04-07, 02:59   Link #2798
Alchemist007
*Author

You do remember that he got away with screwing over Hirako and co earlier right? I doubt he feels the risk of one more.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:59   Link #2799
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Logic would suggest it's just the soul of some nameless shinigami unlucky enough to have fallen victim to one of the various "shinigami traps" we know Aizen set up throughout the decades to aid in his experiments. Kaname stated this was the first one made using a shinigami soul, so why waste such a valuable, limited-quantity item as the soul of a high-level shinigami—much less a hougyoku-ed off piece of Aizen's own soul (Voldemort much?)—on what is likely to be an initial throwaway in a quest to perfect the process?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think it was a high ranking Shinigami. The sudden disappearance of a powerful and well known Shinigami should have led to investigations and I don't think Aizen would take this risk for his first experiment.
And if the person wasn't volunteering in the first place, Aizen and his crew must have fought him first, which is easier with weaker opponents.
guys. this happened after the vizored incident where many captains and vice-captains were hollowified. there is literally no chance that aizen would be experimenting on run-of-the-mill nameless shinigami at this point after already experimenting on captain-class. also, like Langus said, using a nameless shinigami wouldn't result in such a powerful monster

as an aside, check out manga ch 23, pg 18. ichigo does nearly the same thing as masaki and lets the grand fisher pierce him in order to beat him. kind of interesting foreshadowing there
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:07   Link #2800
Alchemist007
*Author

For the first time in years, I'm actually looking forward to Bleach again for the plot!

Tags
bleach, chapter