AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 12:08   Link #481
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Shinji103: I see your point, but Chii-chan is simply very _kind_ by disposition, and at this stage Eimi isn't really romantically interested in Maou. If she isn't ticked off by being (still incorrectly) treated as a former girlfriend, she has no reason to be angry at Chii-chan either. In fact, i genuinely believe her that her interference actually _was_ for Chii-chan's sake, as much as it was misunderstoof by her.
If this point had been stretched over a little more time I could completely agree, but it was almost instantaneous. That was no little growling match either, the looks on their faces just before the quake hit were (literally) screaming all out war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I wouldn't call that close or friendly, at least not on Chiho's side. But Emi told her she really wasn't Maou's ex, and she decided to believe her for the time being.
One second they're catfighting, the next they're shaking hands? That's a near instant 180. Way too instant.

Quote:
Also, the building crashed down on them, it's not like there's a point in having a catfight.
That's exactly what I just said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I get that they aren't fighting in an emrgency, but after they were pracitcally going to war with each other just a minute earlier, now they're shaking hands and being nice.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:11   Link #482
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 12:23   Link #483
kuromitsu

Quote:
That's exactly what I just said.
No, you said that this:
Quote:
One second they're catfighting, the next they're shaking hands? That's a near instant 180. Way too instant.
The whole argument was based on a misunderstanding, the building collapsing cooled their heads, Emi cleared up the misunderstanding, Chiho decided to believe her, end of story.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 12:28   Link #484
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
No, you said that this:
Um, yeah I did say that. As in they're catfighting before the earthquake, but having the sense not to catfight while trapped. Quoting my original line again:
Quote:
I get that they aren't fighting in an emrgency, but after they were pracitcally going to war with each other just a minute earlier, now they're shaking hands and being nice.
Quote:
The whole argument was based on a misunderstanding, the building collapsing cooled both their heads, Emi cleared up the misunderstanding, Chiho decided to believe her, end of story.
If Emi's not Mao's ex, then that means she was still harassing Chiho's crush for even less reason (as far as Chiho would know), which would actually give her less reason to let Emi off the hook.

But like I said, I get that they weren't fighting while trapped under rubble after an earthquake.
Old 2013-04-18, 13:03   Link #485
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Spoiler for episode 3 response:
Old 2013-04-18, 13:13   Link #486
larethian

Spoilers
Spoiler for thoughts on episode 3
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
No, you said that this:

The whole argument was based on a misunderstanding, the building collapsing cooled their heads, Emi cleared up the misunderstanding, Chiho decided to believe her, end of story.
Quote:
Um, yeah I did say that. As in they're catfighting before the earthquake, but having the sense not to catfight while trapped. Quoting my original line again:

If Emi's not Mao's ex, then that means she was still harassing Chiho's crush for even less reason (as far as Chiho would know), which would actually give her less reason to let Emi off the hook.

But like I said, I get that they weren't fighting while trapped under rubble after an earthquake.
Spoilers
Spoiler for ep 3 discussion
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by larethian; 2013-04-18 at 13:33.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 14:36   Link #487
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Spoiler for episode 3 response:
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 14:44   Link #488
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler:
I think that was better detailed in the manga or novels

Spoiler:

Volume 1 is probably going to end in the next episode. Anyone gets the feeling that a fight is coming?
Old 2013-04-18, 20:08   Link #489
Excorsism

I found his sudden Kenshiro transformed look a bit odd. I thought he only got some of his power back?

Anyway, Chiho was pretty cute this episode, props to Maou for being smooth and considerate. Need more proper MCs like him. Emi's angry faces are a real treat every episode, heh.

Ashiya freaking the hell out when Emi catches him was great, .
Old 2013-04-18, 20:15   Link #490
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Chiho-chan...

God, this show is tremendous. All four of the main cast play their parts to the hilt, and their sense of timing is impeccable. I adore every one of them.

I'd reiterate my preference for the fish-out-of-water humor over the romcom side of things, but both are done so well that at this point it would seem like an unconvincing "you got chocolate in my peanut butter" kind of gripe. We'll see if they can keep it up for a whole season, but the first 3 episodes have been top notch comedy.

Also, I hope Maou keeps up the "Apologize to X!" running gag.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 20:24   Link #491
Shadow5YA

Poor Ashiya... he took it hard when Emi called him a bad waifu

Don't worry, we know it's not your fault
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 20:33   Link #492
backbone
Banned

Another nice episode. The date between Maou and Chii-chan that not being plagued by unnecessary stupidity nor spinelessness was so satisfying to watch. Poor Chi-chan that her confession got intruded by Emi even though i've been rooting for her since the very first ep.

Also, who the hell that guy who get voiced by Hiro shimono? Another Maou's underling, eh?
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 20:58   Link #493
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so I heard the real op will be on episode 5?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 21:00   Link #494
rladls716

Do you guys think that Maou and Ashiya are kind of guys that will destory and conquer the current world they reside in if they had more access on money, financial, still have their magic?

But time really does change things, because these two becoming more human-like because they had no other choices.

Emi on the other hand, it is sort of obvious, no maybe kind of close the current worlds culture.

Anyway the other comments spoke my mind, this series is 9.9/10
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 21:43   Link #495
DorkingtonPugsly

Chi-chan's so adorable. And her (almost) confession was super cute! Ahhh her face!
As usual Ashiya's reactions and voices made me laugh, he's such a great character.
Old 2013-04-18, 21:47   Link #496
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3

satan & sidekick got pickles from emi as thank for staying the night & left while emi see news saw satan on tv going why & chiho phone text with meet with satan.

emi on work got a "call" from person who plan rid both satan & emi all for ente isla then afterward got called to police to get something from satan & sidekick going why me?

then mention "call" to satan going i will be only one to beat you so afterward satan & sidekick go get outfit ready for satan give meet with chiho is a date.

yep emi again snoop in wonder going on so charge in during chiho mention she hearing voices with satan assume some spell is cast from earthquakes.

after some talk emi a total blocker going argue with chiho with mention satan is nobody give chiho defend satan cue earthquake.

then emi & chiho sort patch-up for now give bit fine cause emi need chiho to nap cause satan all muscle up yet going free the people from quake rubbage give emi wonder is satan is being nice?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 21:48   Link #497
rladls716

Again, you guys spoke my mind.

The reason I watch the anime first before the light novel is because it is hard to picture things with just texts and little lillustrations. (I spelled that wrong)

After I done with this anime I'm going to read through the translated light novel.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:53   Link #498
shadow1296

man that was a good episode, but wow I didnt think maou's demon form would be that drastically different from the manga version.

Spoiler for manga comparison:
Old 2013-04-18, 22:55   Link #499
XFire
150% done

I love this series. Every episode has so many laughs.

One minor complaint though, they changed some things in the "collapsed building" scene.

Spoiler for original:

Some of that stuff may be brought up next week, but to be honest, the fact that those are the only complaints I have about a LN adaption is pretty damn good in the first place.
Old 2013-04-18, 23:01   Link #500
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Spoiler for original:

Some of that stuff may be brought up next week, but to be honest, the fact that those are the only complaints I have about a LN adaption is pretty damn good in the first place.
Spoiler for Episode Comparing:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work