AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-24, 03:23   Link #2921
DarkHollowIchigo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: スタックした中間
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I think the biggest indicator would be the point that Ichigo could "feel" Aizen's reiatsu, while no one else could fully "Understand"/"comprehend" the magnitude of his power. In other words, Ichigo always had unbelievable power/potential, and his FGT helped him get there/tap into that. His dad, Isshin, on the other hand, is likely nowhere as strong with FGT just purely given the fact that he can't sense Aizen's true reiatsu when he was in "condom" mode.
Then again, Isshin's power was taken away from him right or he gave it up in order to save Masaki? Who is telling that Isshin is on his full potential when he faced condom-aizen?

Yes he got some of his strength back, but was it everything he had before? I seriously doubt it.
__________________
DarkHollowIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 07:13   Link #2922
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 26
I... what? Urahara had a way to stop Hollowfication, pretty sure before he had ever even seen it, and had the Quincy Juice™ required to do it when Shinji and his pals got Hollowraped by Aizen? And they didn't require any sort of companion to actively suppress the Hollow. If he's doing something different to Masaki why even mention Shinji and his pals? Oh yeah, Kubo.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 11:54   Link #2923
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
So how did Isshin know about FGT in this instance? If he managed to get to that level, wouldn't he have been much more than a mere captain?
to me, everything pointed to isshin being a squad 0 member and using FGT to lose his powers... but kubo doesn't care, so why should we
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 12:08   Link #2924
Helius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck between galaxies
Mom's got nice ass

Call me a pervert, I don't care.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 12:24   Link #2925
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Next week: Ichigo's been a Hollow with with shinigami powers this whole time!
__________________
...
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 13:44   Link #2926
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
If the hollow was transferred to Ichigo after he was born, either Masaki or Isshin should have gotten her/his powers back because there was no need to use soul-string to protect Masaki anymore.
I think when Ichigo mother died it went to the nearest spirit power which was Ichigo at the time. When Rukia gave her power to Ichigo it kinda awaken the Hollow side of Ichigo. IDK its all confusing for me.
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:09   Link #2927
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 25
I hope we find out later somehow Ichigo was the reason his mom died.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:05   Link #2928
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyrule
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
to me, everything pointed to isshin being a squad 0 member and using FGT to lose his powers... but kubo doesn't care, so why should we
Isshin being Squad 0 was never more than a fan theory. A popular fan theory, of course, but a theory nonetheless. The only thing suggesting the two had anything to do with each other was that we, as fans, didn't know much about either. If it had been the case, we'd have all been "Okay, fair enough", but it not being the case is hardly some glaring plot hole.

Isshin losing his powers via FGT, not so much, but there's still probably a chapter or two left in this flashback, so who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I hope we find out later somehow Ichigo was the reason his mom died.
If he was the one Grand Fisher was after, then yes, in some way, Ichigo was the reason she died, but we knew that.

The possibility I find more intriguing would be if somehow Ichigo were the reason she's not dead...
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:08   Link #2929
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
eh, kubo made urahara mindfuck me ...

on the bright side Isshin is pretty cool and dat ass looks good.
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:15   Link #2930
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 32
Loved it. Damn it's been a long time since I've said that about a chapter. All around though this was aces. It's cool to see how much like his Dad Ichigo actually is. That scene at the end reminded me of his big Rukia rescue in the SS arc. Atta boy, Isshin!
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:47   Link #2931
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
For some reason when I finished the chapter I imagined what jokes would Alchemist007 come up with his comics. Two hints: Fanservice and symbolism. XD
Well, actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Next week: Ichigo's been a Hollow with with shinigami powers this whole time!
Rearranging these words inspired me to make one this time
__________________

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2013-04-24 at 18:20.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:18   Link #2932
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Isshin being Squad 0 was never more than a fan theory. A popular fan theory, of course, but a theory nonetheless. The only thing suggesting the two had anything to do with each other was that we, as fans, didn't know much about either. If it had been the case, we'd have all been "Okay, fair enough", but it not being the case is hardly some glaring plot hole.
never said it was a plothole (although it is sloppy), but i do think some things pointed to it. hitsugaya and rangiku were in his frikkin house and didn't see, notice, have any sort of revelation about their former captain... this goes for all of SS. it really wasn't very hard to find him. add to that that ichigo looks just like the shiba and again it is proven that SS is a bunch of idiots. to say that they never saw him is just dumb. it would only make sense if he was RG since nobody but yama-jii and maybe a couple other senior captains would even know of him.

also, in FKT arc, he was heads and shoulders above the other captains in skill. only urahara and yama-jii were comparable. why is that? he was only squad 10 captain after all. why could he hold his own for a while when captains like shunsui and ukitake could not? he also had new knowledge about the precipice world and a crazy amount of stamina to hold the walls from closing while ichigo trained. that wasn't normal captain-level stuff. like flicking aizen through buildings for instance. i don't see the current squad 10 captain doing anything remotely like that, but i could see RG members doing similar stuff in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Rearranging these words inspired me to make one this time
you mean like 'Next hollow: shinigami's been a power with ichigo this whole time'?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:11   Link #2933
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
So quincies are the opposite of shinigami, humans are the opposite of hollows and fullbringers are the opposite of... relevant. Which leaves us without an explanation of how quincies are born, if they don't count as humans any more.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 22:04   Link #2934
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
So quincies are the opposite of shinigami, humans are the opposite of hollows and fullbringers are the opposite of... relevant. Which leaves us without an explanation of how quincies are born, if they don't count as humans any more.
I think it is more shinigami/hollow and human/quincies. Shinigami are all about interilizeing thier powers where as hollows are about externalizeing them. Quincies are all about useing external sources of power where as humans like the Don use internal based powers. so the opposite of a quincy hollow is a human Shinigami.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:29   Link #2935
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyrule
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
never said it was a plothole (although it is sloppy), but i do think some things pointed to it. hitsugaya and rangiku were in his frikkin house and didn't see, notice, have any sort of revelation about their former captain... this goes for all of SS. it really wasn't very hard to find him. add to that that ichigo looks just like the shiba and again it is proven that SS is a bunch of idiots. to say that they never saw him is just dumb. it would only make sense if he was RG since nobody but yama-jii and maybe a couple other senior captains would even know of him.
I believe Rukia made some reference to Ichigo looking like Kaien, but you can hardly make the leap from looking alike to being a human relation to a Shinigami lieutenant. As far as she knew, maybe Ichigo was his reincarnation. And we never saw either Shiro or Rangiku meet Isshin on Earth. Of course it may very well be that one or both of those two knew all along, but kept it from Ichigo. Wasn't exactly their place to tell him, not that anyone from SS is in the habit of telling Ichigo much, mind you. We know Urahara knew, and it's pretty safe to assume Yoruichi did as well, but neither of them ever told Ichigo, even though together they had many more chances than anyone from SS outside of Rukia, who had no reason to know, and probably still doesn't.

All of this argument is fairly moot, though, until we see the end of this arc, and how Isshin is explained out of his captaincy. It may very well be that Kubo manages to come up with an explanation for his disappearance that covers all of your misgivings (hopefully without becoming too Deus ex Machina-ish). If not, I'm sure we'll be revisiting it, and I might be more on your side then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
also, in FKT arc, he was heads and shoulders above the other captains in skill. only urahara and yama-jii were comparable. why is that? he was only squad 10 captain after all. why could he hold his own for a while when captains like shunsui and ukitake could not? he also had new knowledge about the precipice world and a crazy amount of stamina to hold the walls from closing while ichigo trained. that wasn't normal captain-level stuff. like flicking aizen through buildings for instance. i don't see the current squad 10 captain doing anything remotely like that, but i could see RG members doing similar stuff in the future
That's just Kubo's crazy "Rule of Cool" powered power leveling. Isshin could do all that stuff simply because Kubo wanted him to be badass, and he's hardly been the first. Keep in mind that none of it actually did anything to Aizen. The closest anyone other than Ichigo or Yama-jii came to taking FKT!Aizen out was Urahara, and that only because he basically cheats like Aizen does. Everything else, from Isshin flicking him through buildings to Gin vaporizing most of his torso, was little more than a temporary inconvenience.

Knowing what we learned this week, you could also argue that it's a similar principle to what gave Uryuu phenomenal cosmic power after he took off that Sanrei glove. After years without expending any spiritual power while in human guise, Isshin's tank would have certainly been full. Moreso if he and Urahara managed to find some way for him to train while in that human soul gigai of his.

Which brings me to a different question. Urahara just calmly drops the knowledge that he's created this thing out of a human soul, yet no one seems to have a problem with it. Reminds me of that Venture Bros episode where we find out that some Dr. Venture invention gone wrong of the week is powered by the soul of a little boy, and he's like "What's the big deal?"
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 16:36   Link #2936
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I believe Rukia made some reference to Ichigo looking like Kaien, but you can hardly make the leap from looking alike to being a human relation to a Shinigami lieutenant. As far as she knew, maybe Ichigo was his reincarnation. And we never saw either Shiro or Rangiku meet Isshin on Earth
if someone close to me was missing and then i wound up in their new house and his son looks a lot like his family and has similar and otherwise unexplained powers, i'd like to think that i could figure that head-scratcher out. let's not forget that ichigo not only 'looked' like the shibas. he was an unexplainably talented shinigami who became captain class in a matter of days. i think that's worth looking into at least as far as what his father looks like, but hey... i'm no detective. i'll leave it to the bunglers in SS

Quote:
All of this argument is fairly moot, though, until we see the end of this arc, and how Isshin is explained out of his captaincy. It may very well be that Kubo manages to come up with an explanation for his disappearance that covers all of your misgivings (hopefully without becoming too Deus ex Machina-ish). If not, I'm sure we'll be revisiting it, and I might be more on your side then.
well the bottom line is that it is whatever kubo wants regardless of what sense it makes. to me it's a blatant retcon that is not supported by anything

Quote:
That's just Kubo's crazy "Rule of Cool" powered power leveling. Isshin could do all that stuff simply because Kubo wanted him to be badass, and he's hardly been the first. Keep in mind that none of it actually did anything to Aizen. The closest anyone other than Ichigo or Yama-jii came to taking FKT!Aizen out was Urahara, and that only because he basically cheats like Aizen does. Everything else, from Isshin flicking him through buildings to Gin vaporizing most of his torso, was little more than a temporary inconvenience.
i disagree. just because isshin and gin didn't 'kill' aizen for good doesn't mean they fared the same as the captains who got one-shotted and beat down. aizen was actually killed (or close enough to it to risk aizen's life) by the isshin, kisuke and yoruichi combo (ultimately isshin's move), but instead of dying for good, he was resurrected as a stronger form and again this happened against gin (although gin had pre-planning and secret knowledge, it wasn't about strength like isshin was). point being isshin actually beat a form of aizen. aizen was just resurrected because he is immortal now. the 'normal' captains weren't capable of such a feat

Quote:
Which brings me to a different question. Urahara just calmly drops the knowledge that he's created this thing out of a human soul, yet no one seems to have a problem with it. Reminds me of that Venture Bros episode where we find out that some Dr. Venture invention gone wrong of the week is powered by the soul of a little boy, and he's like "What's the big deal?"
ha yea, well that's a different story. same logic as not killing aizen before he became immortal i guess
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 19:05   Link #2937
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
to me, everything pointed to isshin being a squad 0 member and using FGT to lose his powers... but kubo doesn't care, so why should we
Yeah, I don't get it either but you know, KUBO.
__________________
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 07:23   Link #2938
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 28
No Bleach this week?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 07:30   Link #2939
hyl
reading #hikaributts
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Golden week
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 04:38   Link #2940
akire_and_atem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mexico
Age: 28
So... is it time for me to get out of the [plot] hole and start actually reading Bleach again??

last time I saw an actual chapter was... hmmm Bat!Ulquiorra being turned to dust... 0___0

I've been relying on you guys all this time

(fear not! I can catch up in one or two days =D the only thing that is keeping me from doing so is Kubo's BS)
__________________
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleach, chapter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.