AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-18, 04:05   Link #1641
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Although it is a common troupe for the MC to end up with the girl who quietly supports all her competition. In that regard, Minami has a chance but she is friendzoned on the other hand Kuroneko isn't. The only reason Ayase is such a strong contender now is that the flow of the story has flown in her direction in the past few volumes or so making the Ayase end a believable choice. Although Kuroneko still has a chance.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 08:52   Link #1642
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
As much as I love Ayase's appearances, outside of v9 I feel that she has been more of a side character. The series spent a lot more time on Kirino's ota-side, which stars Kuroneko, and she had the chance to "take over" during the time when Kirino is gone and carry over her importance during the time when she is dating Kyousuke.

I do not know how strong the feelings Kyousuke towards Kuroneko is. They have spent a lot of time together and Kyousuke doesn't seem attracted to Kuroneko until she gave him the kiss. I always feel Kuroneko only succeed because Kyousuke wanted the idea of having a girlfriend (doesn't matter who).

His attraction towards Ayase is on another level. He thinks she is pretty, to a point where he can use pictures of Ayase as stress relief during exam crunch time (he only checks them out... I think...... right?) - and I think that is important: because in reality looks *do* matter, especially when you are on the Ayase level. His reaction toward Ayase (rushing to her, and flirting around, aka "sexual harassment") is also unique to her: it reminds me of a child in love of someone.

Kuroneko and Ayase can be seen as two halves of Kirino: with Kuroneko representing the hardcore ACG fanatic and Ayase representing the pretty student model with a tsuntsun character.

If this is just a race between Kuroneko and Ayase, I would say Kuroneko has higher odds of winning.

I am an Ayase fan. Kuroneko is too much ota for me -_-.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:05   Link #1643
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I'm a Kuroneko fan but expecting an Ayase end lol
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:17   Link #1644
lovestapler
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I thought I'd been following the light novels for the most part by reading summaries and such online, but I somehow forgot or missed the part where Ayase wants to or has confessed to kyosuke? /:

I'm just realizing what terrible people these girls are. They're all friends but they like the SAME GUY, and in the end they only care about being with him, regardless of the fact that it will hurt the people they are close to. Excluding Kirino, I really hope Kyosuke ends up with none of them.
lovestapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:54   Link #1645
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
So it's okay if they hurt each other's feeling if they aren't 'friends' or acquainted with each other?
Isn't it natural to be hurt if the one you like didn't choose you whether the chosen individual is a friend or not. It will yield a similar effect... someone will get hurt...
Maybe we haven't read as far as you did but we don't think they only cared to be with him or being the chosen one. In love, by extension one must also consider the loved ones of the targeted person... one way or the other....
We're sure that they're pretty aware that one of them will be hurt but still goes forward... especially Kuro...
And its not like their friendship totally turned sour just because of a man...
They still remain friends albeit being rivals... which is a good thing rather than going for each others throats, ruining their friendship just to be with him... which would surely make them terrible people...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 10:51   Link #1646
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Kuroneko may be selfish, but if her selfish desires help her best friend re-affirm her bond with her brother, then let Kuroneko be as selfish as she wants.
__________________
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 16:29   Link #1647
lovestapler
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
So it's okay if they hurt each other's feeling if they aren't 'friends' or acquainted with each other?
Isn't it natural to be hurt if the one you like didn't choose you whether the chosen individual is a friend or not. It will yield a similar effect... someone will get hurt...
Maybe we haven't read as far as you did but we don't think they only cared to be with him or being the chosen one. In love, by extension one must also consider the loved ones of the targeted person... one way or the other....
We're sure that they're pretty aware that one of them will be hurt but still goes forward... especially Kuro...
And its not like their friendship totally turned sour just because of a man...
They still remain friends albeit being rivals... which is a good thing rather than going for each others throats, ruining their friendship just to be with him... which would surely make them terrible people...
Yeah, I see your point. But i feel like the whole thing about relationships is a given, that's a part of life. There are always consequences to your actions, whether they be good or bad. I think when it gets messy is when you add the fact that they 'are friends', interact with each other, and supposedly care about one another. So everything they do in regards to gaining kyosuke's love and attention has so much more weight and speaks a lot to their character. Also it makes them seem bit two faced.

But yeah, I guess they ultimately don't let it ruin their relationship as friends... Which I think is so bizarre.
lovestapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 18:06   Link #1648
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestapler View Post
I thought I'd been following the light novels for the most part by reading summaries and such online, but I somehow forgot or missed the part where Ayase wants to or has confessed to kyosuke? /:
Spoiler for Ayase:

Quote:
I'm just realizing what terrible people these girls are. They're all friends but they like the SAME GUY, and in the end they only care about being with him, regardless of the fact that it will hurt the people they are close to. Excluding Kirino, I really hope Kyosuke ends up with none of them.
Excuse me, since when did Kuroneko care only about herself?
Spoiler for Kuroneko:
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 19:59   Link #1649
Marcus H.
Close Quarters Cuisine
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Question on the discussion about Kyousuke's "unusual" personality on /a/... is Kyousuke's personality similar to Koyomi Araragi's before what happened to Sakurai?
__________________
Have a nice talk with the Animesuki forum members on Discord! (Promise, we won't bite!) Drop me or RRW a PM for the link!

Summer 2017: Isekai Shokudou (3/1c), New Game S2 (1/12), Vatican Kiseki Chousa-kan (2/12), Gamers! (1/12) and Owarimonogatari S2 (Aug12).
Continuing from Spring 2017: Sakura Quest (9/25).
2016 Catch-up: Amanchu! (1/12), Owarimonogatari (7/12) and Koyomimonogatari (1/12).


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 309. Plan to watch: 43.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:55   Link #1650
icebreaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Question on the discussion about Kyousuke's "unusual" personality on /a/... is Kyousuke's personality similar to Koyomi Araragi's before what happened to Sakurai?
Well.. something like that. But Koyomi is in a far more serious situation where he is willing to die. Kyousuke's personality is a little more realistic where he just tries his best for everyone.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 04:20   Link #1651
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Just watch the episode 3 of the second season, so were they also explain Kaori's back story on the light novel like they did on Saori route on the second PSP game? I only read cetranslation summary but never read the novel itself, and they never said about Kaori's sickness on their summary...
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 01:34   Link #1652
icebreaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I mentioned about the author saying he'll make Kirino wear a wedding dress again in Volume 9's author's note. If this is happening it's highly likely that it's Kirino's wedding. Having Kirino's wedding at the epilogue would prove that Kirino is leading a happy life while having completely given up on her brother.. unlike a certain sad PSP ending.
Who will she marry?
While it could be someone completely new to the story. I'm inclined to think that if this is happening it will be Mikagami.
Misaki initially introduced Mikagami and Kirino to each other (after the Kyousuke fake boyfriend incident) in order to pair them up, this was mentioned in the novels. Given that Misaki intends to have Kirino further her modelling career abroad, it's highly likely she'll be sending Mikagami abroad too.
When you are abroad, it becomes likely that you will rely on someone you know from your homeland, especially considering Mikagami and Kirino have scaringly similar hobbies. It's not hard to see this development. This could be mentioned through a few pages (There's no need to go into detail, this is unrelated to the brother-sister theme already) and jump straight to a wedding 10 years later.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 05:38   Link #1653
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
I mentioned about the author saying he'll make Kirino wear a wedding dress again in Volume 9's author's note. If this is happening it's highly likely that it's Kirino's wedding. Having Kirino's wedding at the epilogue would prove that Kirino is leading a happy life while having completely given up on her brother.. unlike a certain sad PSP ending.
Who will she marry?
While it could be someone completely new to the story. I'm inclined to think that if this is happening it will be Mikagami.
Misaki initially introduced Mikagami and Kirino to each other (after the Kyousuke fake boyfriend incident) in order to pair them up, this was mentioned in the novels. Given that Misaki intends to have Kirino further her modelling career abroad, it's highly likely she'll be sending Mikagami abroad too.
When you are abroad, it becomes likely that you will rely on someone you know from your homeland, especially considering Mikagami and Kirino have scaringly similar hobbies. It's not hard to see this development. This could be mentioned through a few pages (There's no need to go into detail, this is unrelated to the brother-sister theme already) and jump straight to a wedding 10 years later.
While it's possible for this development, since Mikagami is the only possible love interest for Kirino at this point, Vol 10 turned Mikagami into an otaku that only interested in 2D loli girl.....
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 06:17   Link #1654
icebreaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
While it's possible for this development, since Mikagami is the only possible love interest for Kirino at this point, Vol 10 turned Mikagami into an otaku that only interested in 2D loli girl.....
That can be fixed in 10 years.... I think....
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 17:50   Link #1655
Micromancer
>_>
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Heavens
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
That can be fixed in 10 years.... I think....
ahhh you're making it seemed like "there will be no future for kyousukeXkirino" hahahaha
Micromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 08:57   Link #1656
Mystic_Vegetto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I highly doubt Kirino is going to marry someone else. Rather, I highly doubt we're going to get an ending where any of Kyousuke's romantic interests, Kirino included, will marry someone else. If anything, it'll probably be like one of the endings in the PSP Game where we see Kyousuke with the girl he's chosen and maybe 1 or 2 characters will visit him and his girl.
__________________
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 12:33   Link #1657
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Spoiler for Ayase:
Sounds interesting.

Quote:
Excuse me, since when did Kuroneko care only about herself?
Spoiler for Kuroneko:
Woah, them?
Yes!

I have a question here, if you might know.
I've heard that the 2nd Season of OreImo Anime will try to catch up to where the LN story is now. Is that true, any ideas?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 03:55   Link #1658
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Sounds interesting.



Woah, them?
Yes!

I have a question here, if you might know.
I've heard that the 2nd Season of OreImo Anime will try to catch up to where the LN story is now. Is that true, any ideas?
They announced that 2nd season will end at the same time with LN, so yeah, that's true
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 12:59   Link #1659
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
They announced that 2nd season will end at the same time with LN, so yeah, that's true
Yeah, I've heard that as well, hope it is true, I truly cannot wait to see and hear that confessions in the animated form!
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 08:17   Link #1660
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
I think it's possible to assume Kyousuke has no feelings for her. Similar to Daisuke being an over-protective father, Kyousuke is simply an over-protective brother, he doesn't want to put a family member he cares about on the hands of a man he doesn't know. Remember when he said he doesn't want Manami having a boyfriend? He treats Manami as family too.

As of Volume 11, I haven't seen Kyousuke blatantly having feelings other than sibling-relationship to his sister.

Spoiler for A little comparison to other works:


Please do move these posts to the LN thread if you wish so.
For a possible harem LN, the author must make sure that on one gain too much of an upperhand, otherwise the balance will be destroy. Most of the LN is focus on Kirino already, we knew that she had more than sisterly feeling (not just 'I dont want my brother with another girl', but rather 'I want to hold on him forever'). So if the author careless give away hint about Kyousuke's feeling, the balance will be no more. I think that's the main reason for we still dont know much about Kyousuke's feeling toward Kirino (aside from his unreliable narraror comment)
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.