AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-20, 03:37   Link #361
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
At what point in Nise did Hitagi cut her hair? Did I miss that scene somehow or did they not include it?
Araragi just mentioned so in Nise2, I think.
Old 2012-03-26, 14:06   Link #362
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It was her second wish. It's assumed that had she made one more wish after that she would have her soul taken away.
Thanks. Now that I think about it her wish had to with staying by Senjougahara side, so then deep inside it developed into something more hostile when Araragi showed up right?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 11:31   Link #363
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Has Bakemonogatari anime or LNs been liscensed for a N.A. release? Are there any plans for a license?
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 23:04   Link #364
Entr0py
Banned

You know, I've been always been wondering this but, does Hanekawa know that Araragi loves her the most, even to the point he's willing to die for her? Of course im only saying this because I keep reading lines where he claims to love Hanekawa the most albeit in a joking way idk?
Entr0py is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 00:40   Link #365
Shikijin

The one whom Araragi loves the most is Senjougahara. He stated it in I don't remember which book. Hanekawa, however, has and always will be a person important for him. She is the person he respects the most, and also the person who saved him in Spring Break.

As for your question, the problem is that this was not exactly love. It was something more complicated. I suppose she at least understood that he cared for her in his own way, though. The problem is that Araragi didn't understand Hanekawa loved him.

I also have to add that in Nekomonogatari Black Araragi had yet to meet Senjougahara, so it's natural he says certain things. In Nisemonogatari also Araragi states that Hanekawa has his ideal body for a girl. In the book/anime you've seen IIRC technically nowhere is stated that he loves Hanekawa the most.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 03:25   Link #366
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entr0py View Post
You know, I've been always been wondering this but, does Hanekawa know that Araragi loves her the most, even to the point he's willing to die for her? Of course im only saying this because I keep reading lines where he claims to love Hanekawa the most albeit in a joking way idk?
This is a rather late response, but I think it's also worth noting that Araragi is willing to die for pretty much anyone. It's not really saying much that he's willing to die for Hanekawa, since all it means is that he doesn't value his life very much. It took revenge threats from Senjougahara ("I'll have to kill whoever kills you, so do you plan on making me a murderer?") to get him to even consider not throwing his life away, and even then it's his natural inclination.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 04:35   Link #367
Wigwams

can someone make a list of who narrates which novel?

and also what is the "twist" when it comes to each character's POV. for example i believe araragi's narration are filled with references to other manga and anime, lots of perversion, and breaking the 4th wall?
Old 2012-12-18, 07:31   Link #368
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
can someone make a list of who narrates which novel?

and also what is the "twist" when it comes to each character's POV. for example i believe araragi's narration are filled with references to other manga and anime, lots of perversion, and breaking the 4th wall?
Bake -> Araragi
Kizu -> Araragi
Nise -> Araragi
Neko Black -> Araragi
Neko White -> Hanekawa
Kabuki -> Araragi
Hana -> Kanbaru
Otori -> Sengoku
Oni -> Araragi
Koi -> Kaiki
Tsuki -> Araragi

There is not really a "twist". Everybody simply behaves as their character dictates. Araragi is of course the only one doing perverted stuff, and he cracks more jokes. For the other characters the fun comes from the insight in their psychology. I'd say the only surprise is Kanbaru, that in her book is more serious and gloomy than you thought she would be.
Old 2013-01-06, 15:49   Link #369
velvet nightmare

so i'm looking at the lightnovel translations for neko white, and i'm wondering what happened to chapters 28 - 51?

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...28.E7.99.BD.29
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 16:13   Link #370
Clarste
Human

It's also missing chapters 8 and 13. Telling you exactly why it does that would be a spoiler, but don't worry: it was written like that. The chapters following the missing chapters break the fourth wall and point it out, so it's not exactly supposed to be subtle.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 16:55   Link #371
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
so i'm looking at the lightnovel translations for neko white, and i'm wondering what happened to chapters 28 - 51?

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...28.E7.99.BD.29
as clarste just said, there is no error, neko white is fully translated there

it's not an huge spoiler, but it would still be better for you too see for yourself when you reach those chapters

personally, when i did read it some days ago i didn't even noticed it untill i reached those chapters =P too busy reading :3
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 23:04   Link #372
Kudryavka

How does Tsukihi's hair length change? Is she wearing wigs? It's usually to her chin but then a day later it's down her back?!

Also why did Araragi take off her clothes and fondle her breasts?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 00:15   Link #373
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
How does Tsukihi's hair length change? Is she wearing wigs? It's usually to her chin but then a day later it's down her back?!

Also why did Araragi take off her clothes and fondle her breasts?
Her hair grows fast. That is all there is to it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 00:35   Link #374
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Not exactly a simplistic conclusion... but ok.
Old 2013-02-16, 04:20   Link #375
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
That's that? Wasn't there any connection between her hair growth and the oddity?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 04:28   Link #376
Shikijin

Her hair basically regenerates, albeit very slowly. And Tsukihi Phoenix is set two weeks after Karen Bee.
Old 2013-02-16, 11:37   Link #377
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Her hair basically regenerates, albeit very slowly. And Tsukihi Phoenix is set two weeks after Karen Bee.
Oh yeah, she does have the phoenix ability. Thanks for explaining it more.
Old 2013-05-13, 01:01   Link #378
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

was the "first time" between araragi and senjougahara clearly stated in the light novel?
Old 2013-05-13, 01:45   Link #379
HasuMasu
*Artist

No, at most implied.
Old 2013-05-13, 08:33   Link #380
Haiprbim
Banned

I have a few questions over here.
What kind of the relation do the Monogatari Series have between each other? I'm focusing on Anime-only series.

First off, the Bakemonogatari was released, featuring 12 Episodes.
Second off, the 3 Episodes of ONAs were released. (What did they focus on?)
Third off, the Nisemonogatari was released, featuring 11 Episodes.
Fourth off, the Nekomonogatari (Kuro) was released, featuring 4 Episodes. (What was that? A 4 Episodes TV show? What...?)
Now, the Monogatari Series Second Season is planned for July 2013, featuring 26 expected episodes.

So, summing everything up into questions.
Were Bakemonogatari (12), ONAs (3), Nisemonogatari (11) and Nekomonogatari (Kuro) (4), all expected as the First Season?
Also, did they continue form where they left off with the exact same Story-line as the previous series, or do they change? [Example: Does the story change when going from Bakemonogatari to the ONAs or Nisemonogatari for exmaple?]
Also, the last question, what is this Anime Film called Kizumonogatari about?

Thank-you very much in front.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a