AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-04-09, 13:44   Link #481
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I have a bad feeling about the future of the anime... I think the worst thing that could happen to the anime is that 1 arc before the "final" arc there would be a filler that makes luffy look weak just like in the ones we see lately.

I know that not even the manga is close to the end, but if this "make-luffy-weak-in-fillers"-trends goes on like this, it will possibly happen :/
Old 2013-04-11, 14:30   Link #482
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

would OP ever get to the point where Luffy is running a fleet instead of just one ship?
Old 2013-04-21, 12:28   Link #483
pampz21
ShipCore

Damn watching the new Opening makes me think that the 10th and the last member of the straw hat would be Law!

Luffy did say that He want to have 10 members.!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 14:02   Link #484
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Damn watching the new Opening makes me think that the 10th and the last member of the straw hat would be Law!

There's no real confirmation if Law would actually be that 10th member. I'm pretty sure someone else would take that position.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 13:31   Link #485
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

can't be because they already have a doctor in Chopper
Old 2013-04-22, 19:29   Link #486
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
can't be because they already have a doctor in Chopper
Chopper is more of a pharmacist while Law can be the surgeon.
Old 2013-04-26, 01:24   Link #487
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Spoiler for The Eyepatch and Firetank Pirates:
Old 2013-05-21, 10:58   Link #488
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

They need a master diplomat, one who has the ability to negotiate and has certain degree of influence in the world....,although luffy has a great inlfuence because of his name, we are talking about during alliances, contracts, investigations,.. robin has little ability to influence people..... (interesingly hoping to be Sengoku's daughter, HAHAHAHA)

physically attractive, long hair up to her waists, wears kimono

preferrably a female, who has a DARK COLD personality, which is clearly seen by her EYES, her weapon is the weapon of reapers plus the ablilty to use chains , though not a devil fruit user. HER INTERESTS ARE OCCULT, MAGIC and mysterious stuff

ANother one is a mysterious yet powerful guy, somewhat like MUKURO/HIBARI of katekyo hitman reborn personality. a male tsundere personality,,, one who cannot clearly identify if he is a strawhat not has he does not directly engage in battles, he prefers special operations, take down strong enemies or reconaissance missions but ready for confrontation when needed.. preferably a mythical zoan user that is excellent in sky battles( well a king of the sky),, A GAMER AND MANGA ADDICT, an OTAKU,,

average size, with a berserkerlike outfit

i want Jinbei (KING OF THE SEA) to join them, hehe

and for some reason SHIKI the LION and DRAGON had conducted a secret meeting in a secret island..

Last edited by Bakaizer; 2013-05-21 at 11:11.
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 02:20   Link #489
White Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
would OP ever get to the point where Luffy is running a fleet instead of just one ship?
I think Luffy will keep his crew to one ship, he's not in it for the power. Rather than the typical fleets we see where there are a bunch of weak nobodies. The whole straw hat crew is extremely strong and infamous so there is no need for a fleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
There's no real confirmation if Law would actually be that 10th member. I'm pretty sure someone else would take that position.
I think Jinbe will definitely become a crewmate. But of the next members to join, I have a hunch it's going to be the one who gains Ace's former DF possibly.
White Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 09:19   Link #490
MoNe03

Future :

Alliance Between Eutass Kid and the others , i put it on youtube , take a look
http://youtu.be/CYA0OrqQ7D8
MoNe03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 01:22   Link #491
Swashbuckle92

Serious theories of one piece

This is where ill be posting my theories of One Piece. All of my theories are well thought out and have taken days and weeks of thought for each one, but are constantly changing with the show.

I searched to see if anyone else came to this conclusion like I have, but I was shocked to find that no one has posted anything like this, as far as I could find.

I have no idea what one piece is. I have theories but I'll post them later. But I have an idea that i'm 95% sure is going to be true, and that's about WHERE one piece is. If your looking at the world of One Piece, there are four seas: north blue, east blue, south blue, west blue, plus the red line, a giant 1000 meter tall extremely thick plateau/mountain, that apparently no one ives on for whatever reason, and the grand line, a current of water going in one direction perpendicular to the red line. Normally when ever they're shown the world in the series, the north and east seas are on the top or "north" of the grand line, while the west and south seas are below it, or "south" of it, with the red line running north to south, and the grand line running east to west, or so it appears on the map. But when you think about the names of the seas, you would actually have to turn the map slightly, to make the north blue at the top, the east blue to the east, etc. This would mean that the red line runs northeast to southwest, and the grand line runs northwest to southeast, forming not a cross, but an "X" on either side of the world. As in, you know, "X marks the spot!" Actually this has already been shown in the manga. On either side of the world where the red and grand line form an "X", there is reverse mountain where you enter the grand line, and the "Holy Land" Mariejois. As stated in the manga, it is very hard to find where one piece is, shown when Roger asked Whitebeard if he wanted to know "how to get there". It is implied that one piece is at "Raftel", as well as the true history, but Roger never actually said that it is and island, just a place. Here is my theory about its location. When Luffy reaches the end of the grand line, there won't be and island there and he'll just be staring at the top of reverse mountain, then his "Will of D." will kick in and he'll realize that Raftel isn't an island, it's reverse mountain, or rather, UNDERNEATH reverse mountain, which would explain the ancient looking gates when you start to go up reverse mountain. And that you you would need to stop the water flow and a cave system will be revealed starting where the gates end, or possibly just go under the water flow to watch the water fly up over you with a massive pocket of air underneath it revealing an ancient city, Raftel. Water in one piece has done some crazy things, like the knockup stream, and not to mention sky island and the cloud sea, but I think someone might have done this on purpose to hide the city, the water up the mountain thing. That being said, the "holy land" Mariejois, was probably built on the other side of the world from reverse mountain for a reason, because the founders of the world government knew Raftel was there, clearly, and were terrified of "something" there, so they built their fortress as far away from it was they could, on the other side of the world, in case anyone found it. The location of Mariejois and the fear of the history, one piece, Raftel, etc., shown by the world government seem to prove my theory.

Here are a few other theories I hope to post;

-The devil fruits are actually meant to be found by certain people that the universe has chosen, so they wouldn't actually be random. Their powers just match up so perfectly with their users, implying they were meant to find them. This can also mean a common personality with it's previous users, or maybe a "past lives" sort of thing.

-Vagapunk is actually FROM 500 years in the future and has come back either to stop the World government from being destroyed, which we all know thats where it's heading, or, even more likely, based on the motion of the series, came back and is working through the Government to help it be destroyed and help Luffy on his path using knowledge of how the timeline plays out. (great examples to come)

-And of course what One Piece is *sigh* though I'd really rather not, as I know for a fact I'm going to get it wrong. As I stated above, I really have no clue. When I first started watching the show I knew it wasn't going to be gold, and my theory changed with the feeling of the show. First I thought it would be a seed to grow devil fruits, because I didn't know most people can only have one and when they die it goes to another fruit. Then I thought it was something precious of Roger's like a memento or a family heirloom from ancient times, like the whole "This hat is my treasure" thing. After all, it was Roger's journey that made him king, not what he found. Then I thought it was just the true history. But I was Just caught up in the whole Robin/poneglyph/Ohara thing and came to realize it wasn't that. My current theory will be put in my next post in a few days

Also several others. If anyone thinks i might be giving too much away, please tell me and ill stop posting. Hope this is read!

Luffy: I can't use swords, you bastard!
I don't know how to navigate a ship!
And I can't cook!
Or lie!
And I'm pretty sure I can't live without being helped!

Arlong: How can you be the captain of a ship with no pride!?
What the hell can you even do?

Luffy: I can beat you
Swashbuckle92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 08:24   Link #492
ri0

I really like the Raftel theory. It can't be just an island which can be reached by simply sailing to the end of Grand Line. Some specialty is needed, otherwise one of the Yonkou would have already found it.

The idea that reaching Raftel is connected to the "Will of D." is interesting. I think so too, cause I support the theory that the "Ds" are descendants of the ancients who ruled during the Void Century. Raftel could be the last remaining city of those people and along with the Poneglyphs one of the few remnants from that time.

I'm really interested in the Void Century and the Poneglyphs. I reread the Sykpiea Arc and everytime I read Robin's comment about the Tablets of Clues and Tablet of Truths I'm confused. I so hope Oda has a nice explanation for that.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-08-18 at 08:50.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 14:46   Link #493
Swashbuckle92

Sorry about my last post, I accidentally submitted a draft instead of the final copy so there were a couple of spelling errors and some content that i wrote when i was drunk at 2 in the morning that is not in the anime, such as the hight of the red line varying between 10000 meters (somehow the same hight as sky island) and 1000 meters (the height of Mariejois) and the thickness varies. Also that the red line is considered a string of islands with a few currents between them contacting the seas slightly, has it has been implied, I'm not really sure. Also I put that the red line is uninhabited, but that is only along the grand line where the red line is a plateau instead on a mountain. Though the rest of it is right.

This short post is about the strength levels of devil fruits. It was said by Enel and several others that Paramecia type fruits are the weakest of the three, the order of power from weakest to strongest being Paramecia, Zoan in the middle, and Logia as the strongest. But from what we've seen, people with Paramecias can sometimes be significantly stronger than Logia's. Here is my theory on this. When a person first eats a devil fruit, Paramecias will be the weakest, following the order above. Off the bat, Logias are immensely powerful and don't require much training to use. Zoan types will greatly enhance the user's physical strength and agility, and having it for just a little while means you can mop the floor with a group of normal people. Most importantly when a person first gets a Paramecia, their power is weak very hard to use. In the flashback in the very beginning that introduced Shanks, when Luffy first got his power from the fruit, he could be streched when pulled, but could not stretch himself as he can today. During the Marineford War arc, a second flashback reveled that when Luffy and Ace were fighting as kids, Luffy could stretch, but only very little, and it wasn't nearly as fast or as powerful as it is today, and was fairly reminiscent of a wet noodle being thrown at Ace. So here is my thought; when you first get your power, the order of strength is right, but not after you practice with it. In the Water 7 arc, Rob Lucci said that training with a Zoan power increases the users strength, which make sense, a leopard can become stronger, but not learn to shoot energy beams. And with the awakened Zoans introduced at Impel Down, its implied there is a limit to how strong they can be. Logias are the strongest from the get go, but when you think about it, do not Improve with practice. The user can figure out new ways to use it, and get more comfortable throwing their power around, but for the most part, it's level of strength is the same was when you first eat it. And most Logia users tend to rely too much on it, while Paramecias enhance the user, but it's still the user doing the attacking. I think what were going to find out along the series is that paramecias start off as the weakest, but with training, hard work, and creativity, can each become far superior to a Logia, it just takes a long time. For example, who else was shocked by Luffy's gear third? I didn't see it coming, but that goes to show how much a Paramecia can improve.

Luffy: I can't use swords, you bastard!
I don't know how to navigate a ship!
And I can't cook!
Or lie!
And I'm pretty sure I can't live without being helped!

Arlong: How can you be the captain of a ship with no pride!?
What the hell can you even do?

Luffy: I can beat you
Old 2013-08-19, 19:45   Link #494
Swashbuckle92

Also very quickly have you noticed that while Logia's can fly using their powers, they seem to be unable to fly over water? Such as when Kizaru took a boat to get from Marineford to Saboady then was shown riding a cannonball to get onto land? Or when Magallen
Spoiler for Ending of arc given away:
? And Ace taking a boat powered by his flame to travel and Smokers smoke powered bike? Most poeple I ask don't even seem to notice this.
Old 2013-08-19, 20:30   Link #495
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

^That is probably because they cannot maintain that form for days to travel over the seas.

Notable Exception: Aokiji. He creates ice paths and can take a break on the ice to regenerate his stamina, which would be fatal for anyone who uses it to fly around, because they would fall into the sea and die. And even Aokiji noted that he prefers a ship, because it is much more relaxing.
Old 2013-08-20, 03:05   Link #496
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Magellan is not logia.
Old 2013-08-21, 11:51   Link #497
ri0

Regarding that Logia flying discussion, I was wondering if there were so many Logia able to fly?
I only remember Smoker, Clown and Crocodile showing the real ability to stay in the air or get to higher levels without touching the ground or a wall by using their abilities.

Normally it should depend on the user's element and the element's density in comparison to the surrounding air, if they are able to levitate.
Old 2013-08-21, 12:12   Link #498
AndonGj

i was wandering about devil fruits..
if 2 person eat the same devilfruit in same time what about the power they will have both the same power or not?
AndonGj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 13:19   Link #499
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndonGj View Post
i was wandering about devil fruits..
if 2 person eat the same devilfruit in same time what about the power they will have both the same power or not?
Hmm, I guess the one who has it first in his belly or absorbs it first would get the ability
Old 2013-08-22, 14:32   Link #500
AndonGj

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Hmm, I guess the one who has it first in his belly or absorbs it first would get the ability
but if it possible to happen, as we have see all are possible in one piece..
AndonGj is offline   Reply With Quote