AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-22, 07:03   Link #3141
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
He's so fluffy. I just want to lay in his big crazy fur.

Fun chapter. A little short, but some very nice moments throughout.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:23   Link #3142
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
This chapter was a bit strange.
Well actually the way Ichigo got back to the palace was really cheap and it came so convenient at exactly the right moment.
Same goes for the scene with the Asauchi: What exactly makes Ichigo different, now that he knows a bit of a backstory?
That the plot needs to move on I guess.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:25   Link #3143
bigdeal000
malefic
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nowhere, because I don't exist
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Same goes for the scene with the Asauchi: What exactly makes Ichigo different, now that he knows a bit of a backstory?
His resolve? It's always about his resolve...
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 09:47   Link #3144
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
so much randomness... cant believe ichigo got back there that fast... looking forward to komamura's story though. his weirdness always bugged me that it was unexplained until now
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 09:52   Link #3145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
I thought Komamura's backstory would be one of those things that would never be explained... guess not!
Lol at super vice-captain Mashiro. I was wondering what happened to her.

I found it weird the asauchi took the shape of the hollow rather than Zangetsu. Hopefully, that doesn't mean the old man is gone.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 09:58   Link #3146
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought Komamura's backstory would be one of those things that would never be explained... guess not!
Lol at super vice-captain Mashiro. I was wondering what happened to her.

I found it weird the asauchi took the shape of the hollow rather than Zangetsu. Hopefully, that doesn't mean the old man is gone.
Actually we haven't seen old man Zangetsu since volume 13. We are probably having young man Zangetsu now.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:14   Link #3147
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
He's so fluffy. I just want to lay in his big crazy fur.

Fun chapter. A little short, but some very nice moments throughout.
I second this notion, rather curious about Kuma's story o.o

Also...

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 12:12   Link #3148
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
This chapter was a bit strange.
Well actually the way Ichigo got back to the palace was really cheap and it came so convenient at exactly the right moment.
Same goes for the scene with the Asauchi: What exactly makes Ichigo different, now that he knows a bit of a backstory?
Acceptance of himself, removal of doubt and finally a goal that matters to him personally. Notice the hollow looking form of the asauchi but a the lack of surprise/fear/etc on Ichigo's face
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 13:25   Link #3149
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: in my really nice house
that was really quick, Ichigo found his resolve and everybody else is preparing for the next battles in there on ways
Lol at Mashiro and her super vice-captain title
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 14:29   Link #3150
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 29
Anyone else think chapter 538 was a bit... unfocused? Kinda jumped every which way and failed to concentrate on any one character.

Kubo--- either focus on Ichigo's story or one or two people, tops. Doing 2 pages each of 5 minor characters plus Ichigo is just too much.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:22   Link #3151
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Anyone else think chapter 538 was a bit... unfocused? Kinda jumped every which way and failed to concentrate on any one character.
that's what happened. it's not really a question

Quote:
Kubo--- either focus on Ichigo's story or one or two people, tops. Doing 2 pages each of 5 minor characters plus Ichigo is just too much.
i agree. it should have just been about the side characters. the ichigo bit felt very rushed to me when it should have been something more momentous and important feeling. the whole point of that flashback (for ichigo, not the readers) was to overcome the obstacle of being thrown out of the RG chambers. so it ends and 2 seconds later he's back and everything's back on track... way too fast paced
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:23   Link #3152
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 27
Man, just what the heck is Komamura's "dad" supposed to be?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:36   Link #3153
Zeluch
anata to tomo ni
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Send a message via AIM to Zeluch
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Man, just what the heck is Komamura's "dad" supposed to be?
I always wanted to know what happened to the white flying dog from The Neverending Story.
Zeluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:43   Link #3154
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm a little nervous now. Because from the way I see it, with all the support characters Kubo has to deal with, he could literally spend a dozen or so chapters on them. I mean this chapter only focused on a very small handful of all the supporting characters that are bound to show up in the next war. So between the rest of the relevant Gotei 13 members, reoccurring espada, the remaining vizards, Chad and Orihime, and even the damn fullbringers, who the heck knows how long we could be at this assuming this is what Kubo wants to shift the attention towards?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:46   Link #3155
Calca
Expressionless
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Komamura is the son of Falcor!!!
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:50   Link #3156
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm a little nervous now. Because from the way I see it, with all the support characters Kubo has to deal with, he could literally spend a dozen or so chapters on them. I mean this chapter only focused on a very small handful of all the supporting characters that are bound to show up in the next war. So between the rest of the relevant Gotei 13 members, reoccurring espada, the remaining vizards, Chad and Orihime, and even the damn fullbringers, who the heck knows how long we could be at this assuming this is what Kubo wants to shift the attention towards?
Yeah, this might be the "last arc" but at the rate it's going, this arc could last another freaking year. Not that I would be surprised if it did.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:08   Link #3157
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Well that was quick. I guess knowing who you are, what you are, and where you come from makes a world of difference after all. I guess this was just to showcase there's no longer a particle of doubt within Ichigo and his acceptance of himself and his origins is now absolute. Oh dear we might actually see something really insane at this rate, like Ichigo learning an actual 2nd technique. Though I expect the apocalypse commence shortly after if that ever occurs.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:14   Link #3158
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
I shalll called Komamura's "dad" Fluffy dog. Yepp sounds good to me. Based on his appereance and what he said I pretty sure he has some beef with Komamura seeing how he has lost one ear and has some battle scars. Sooo my take would be he chose Kormamura to be the next head of the doggie clan but Old man Yamato came along and said "Your strong and stuff I want you to join me. We have doggie treats". So then a battle ensured with him and his "father".

Still its weird how shuuhei has a Bankai. Surely that would have been good in that last fight of theirs. Sure he did say it takes a while so one could guess this training is for him to be able to release it even in the heat of battle. Given that he has to do stuff before he can release it and it would not work while he was fighting. But still its cool. One more bankai to look forward to. Next we going to find out that Retsu vice captain also has a Bankai and trained with Retsu to become a 2nd kanpachi.

I did wish Ichigo would have picked 2 asauchi instead of one. Weird how after learning his back story then just bowed to him compard to Renji he had to fight tooth and nail for it. Clearly says that Ichigo is still stornger then him imo :P
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:21   Link #3159
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 29
A super dog, I like super dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm a little nervous now. Because from the way I see it, with all the support characters Kubo has to deal with, he could literally spend a dozen or so chapters on them. I mean this chapter only focused on a very small handful of all the supporting characters that are bound to show up in the next war. So between the rest of the relevant Gotei 13 members, reoccurring espada, the remaining vizards, Chad and Orihime, and even the damn fullbringers, who the heck knows how long we could be at this assuming this is what Kubo wants to shift the attention towards?
I think this is how the anime could have spent its time, let the manga focus on the core and let the anime give these other characters some time to shine.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:30   Link #3160
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I think this is how the anime could have spent its time, let the manga focus on the core and let the anime give these other characters some time to shine.
but thats what naruto does and it's awful. the k11 are basically the same thing and they are boring as crap on a stick
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleach, chapter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.